Chapter 26

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Omg it's been months I haven't update the next chapter. Again, I'm sorry for that. Been too busy with the task since I'm in senior year right now. Actually I already write this long ago but I upload the update now because I've done adding some details. Anyway, hope you guys enjoy this chapter, and thank you for those who always stay and wait for my update. <3

 

 

Today is Jin-hyuk’s funeral and lots of his friends come to pray for him. Ji-hyo comes together with Running Man members and Chae-won comes alongside Joong-ki. Later, Emergency Couple casts, Choi Yeo-jin and Clara comes together. They wore all black with sunglasses but we can know that Clara deeply hurt and sad with this sad news without looking at her eyes. Yes, she cried hard when she saw Jin-hyuk’s photo. When Ji-hyo saw them come, she immediately joins them and Clara greets her with a hug.

 

“Unnie….why he gone so fast? Why a great man like him gone so fast?” Said Clara in between her sob.

 

“If you are in a big park and there are lots of flowers, what kind of flower would you pick?”

 

“The beautiful one…”

 

Ji-hyo smiles at her. “That’s right. God pick him soon because he is one of those beautiful flowers Clara-ah…”

 

“Unnie…” Ji-hyo now look at Yeo-jin who’s standing beside Clara and they talked in a very low voice. “Can you accompany Clara for a while? You know she has a feeling for Jin-hyuk, so this news must be makes her hurt. By the way unnie, do you know where the bathroom is? I need to go to the bathroom and I should call Pil-mo oppa. ”

 

“Of course Yeo-jin ah.” Ji-hyo eyes captured Gwang-soo not far from them and she calls him over.

 

Gwang-soo come to Ji-hyo and when he realized she’s with Yeo-jin and Clara, he bow lightly at them before talk to Ji-hyo. “Ne noona?”

 

“Gwang-soo ah, could you please accompany Yeo-jin for a while and show her the bathroom?”

 

“Mwuh?? Unnie, I can go there by myself.”

 

“Me?? Why me noona? Why not you?” Ji-hyo gave him a dead glare that he can say no to her request. “A…arasso noona…”

 

“Don’t worry Yeo-jin ah, he’s good in assisting actress. He will assist you wherever you go.”

 

“Ah…is that so? Okay then. Gaja, Gwang-soo ssi.”

 

Gwang-soo then walks side by side with Yeo-jin and try to start a conversation with her to prevent the awkward moment between them. “Yeo-jin noona…”

 

“Ne Gwang-soo ssi?”

 

“I know we already met before but I think I haven’t introduced myself formally to you, I……”

 

“I know you pretty well since Ji-hyo unnie and Jong-kook oppa tell me a lot about you, Gwang-soo ssi.”

 

He feels bitter when she cut off his words and somehow he felt like his character song on Running Man being played. “Jinjja? What did they tell you about me? Wait, do you know Jong-kook hyung?”

 

“Of course! He’s my…… he’s like a big brother to me.” Yeo-jin almost said that Jong-kook and her are relatives. “Don’t worry, they said nice things about you like they would like to pair us.”

 

“Mwuh???? Yaaah that couple jinjja!”

 

 “Wae? You hate it? I mean, being paired with me?”

 

“A…ani noona, who doesn’t want to be with…. a gorgeous woman like you?”

 

Suddenly Yeo-jin closed with her hand and chuckled. “You should watch your nervous face in front of mirror, Lee Gwang-soo ssi, it’s so funny.”

 

Gwang-soo blinks his eyes for several times before he realized he has been tricked by her. “Eyyy noona, is it fun for you, watched me in nervous mode? Do you know how nervous I am if that was true? I’m scared saying wrong things, you know?” Gwang-soo pouting while talking with her.

 

“Mianhae Gwang-soo ssi, I was just playing around…..to get rid of this lost and sadness. Sometimes I need that kind of joke to make me looks strong.” Yeo-jin stops her pace and smiles at Gwang-soo. “We’ve arrived, thanks for ccompany me, Gwang-soo ssi, you can go back first.”

 

Gwang-soo’s pout slowly gone when he heard Yeo-jin’s word. “Is it okay if I leave you, noona? You can go back by yourself?”

 

“Yah, I’m not 4 years old girl who needs lots of helps. Just go, Gwang-soo ssi.”

 

“Okay, if you said so…” Gwang-soo smile at her. “It’s good to make someone laugh and reduced the sadness because of me, noona.”

 

“Gwang-soo ssi, we’ll meet again in a week.” Yeo-jin winks at him and left inside the toilet.

 

“Oh? What is that noona saying? Yah, she should give a clear statement… what a weird noona.” Gwang-soo then leaves to a place where Running Man members gather.

 

Chae-won and Joong-ki come a bit late and when they arrived, reporters already gather and block their way to the building while trying to get detail information about Jin-hyuk’s death until the accident that happen to Chae-won and Jin-hyuk, but Chae-won doesn’t opened even a bit. Seeing that makes Joong-ki hold Chae-won’s hand and his girlfriend. “Excuse me, but she’s not in a good condition to answer all of you guys questions, please understand her feeling as well and let us in.” Right after saying those words, the reporters gave them a way to entered the building, but right in front of the door Chae-won turn around to the reporters and bow lightly to them.

 

“I’m sorry, maybe today I can’t answer all your questions, but I promise I will answer all of that when I’m in a good condition. I’m sorry once again…” Chae-won bow again before opened the door and they’re entered the building.

 

“Yaah what a perfect couple. Both of them are so polite besides having good looking face that we only nod on their words…. Am I the only only one who thinks like that?” Said one of reporter

 

“Ani, I’m thinking like that too… they are indeed Nation’s Polite Couple.”

 

Chae-won take off her sun glasses and saw a pretty big photo frame in front of her. Looking at a person who’s in that frame makes her sad, her sadness increased when she look at Jin-hyuk’s family not far from her position right now, but then she choose to close her eyes and pray for her oppa first. ‘Jin-hyuk oppa, if this is all a dream, please, wake me up from this nightmare, because I’m not ready to lose you… but if this is the reality that I should face, then I only hope that you’re happy up there, you’re not in pain anymore and I’m happy for that. Thank you for taking care of me all this time and please continue taking care of me and your family as well from up there in your own way… You know I love you, oppa. And I always do. This isn’t goodbye, because we will surely meet each other again in another life…’ Chae-won wipes her tears and put her sunglasses on.

 

 

“I think you never come, Chae-won ah.” Shi-hoo gave her a smile.

 

Chae-won pull off her sunglasses. “You still can smile at this time, Shi-hoo ssi? After killed Jin-hyuk oppa, you still can smile like that?”

 

His smile disappear heard her words. “Look, Chae-won ah. I’m so sorry for what I did that night. I swear that was out of my control because I’m sick. Look, I’m here right now, in asylum, not in prison. That’s because I’m really sick.”

 

“Yes you’re here now, to cure your illness. But soon, after you’re healthier, you won’t stay here. You have to be in prison.”

 

Shi-hoo keep his mouth shut for a moment and manage to answer her. “Are you coming here only to said that?”

 

“No, I’m coming here, visiting you, and seeing your face for the last time. I will never forget that night, when you attacked me and killed my oppa. Never. And the most important thing is I will never forgive you.”

 

Shi-hoo move his head closer to the glass and speak to her in a low voice. “Listen carefully Chae-won ah, I killed him accidently, moreover I’m in a situation where I couldn’t control my own body. So I guess, even I will be in prison, it won’t take a long time. No matter where you go, I’ll surely come to you again, until you forgive me. At that time, if anyone trying to block my way like he did that night, he will end up like Jin-hyuk.”

 

Chae-won felt goosebumps when she heard Shi-hoo’s words at first, but feel angry then. “Wait. What did you say just now? Are you saying that you really kill him because he block your way?? You said you killed him because you can’t control your body!”

 

“Are you being a police right now?” Shi-hoo then give a smile again. “Wait, let me recalling that night again…..” He acted like he’s thinking. “Hmm thinking about it again, yes I can’t control my body when I hit you. That was because I was too upset. But suddenly he came and standing between us. The way he helped and looked at you made me more upset. He didn’t say a word at first, but when he looked at me, I can see the furious for what I did towards you. Then I looked at you, laying on the ground and didn’t move a bit with blood on your head. Honestly, that scene crushed my heart, saw you like that. I was back to my consciousness when suddenly he shout at me and about to hit me again. At that time, I knew he tried to block my way and I knew, I should made him go away.”

 

Chae-won’s eyes starts teary because she know the truth and because of madness towards the guy in front of her. “Bastard. You killed my oppa. You….” She takes a deep breath so her tears won’t fall. “You will pay for what you did towards Jin-hyuk oppa and me. I will make sure you will get the hardest punishment for this.”

 

Shi-hoo laughed. “Hahaha go ahead, princess. You have no evidence. There isn’t witness too that night. So, go ahead and tell the police about the truth that I just told you. Well, but if only they believe what you say. I’m pretty sure they will heard your story like a woman who is desperately want a justice for your oppa without any evidence.”

 

After hearing his words, Chae-won look down and wiped her tears. She then look at him and show a slight smile, a meaningful smile. “Do you think I’m stupid?” She took out a voice recorder from her bag. “Everything that we just talked is recorded here.” Shi-hoo look at her in disbelieve. “And I will make sure police will hear this soon. So, good bye Shi-hoo ssi.” Chae-won leave her seat.

 

“Hey you little . I was love you. I love you very much. But, you just crushed my heart, so don’t blame me if one day I will come to you and I will make sure you will follow Jin-hyuk path. I won’t let you die instantly, I will make you feel the pain a little longer just before you dead. I will find you once I’m free. Remember that, princess.”

 

Chae-won look at him still with her smile. “Well, good luck in finding me then.” She immediately open the door knob and get out from that room. Once she get out, she lean her back on that door and close her eyes. Joong-ki saw that and go to her.

 

“Hey baby, what’s wrong? Is your plan success?”

 

She nodded her head and hug him tightly. “Yes, oppa. It’s success.”

 

“Hm okay…. But why your body’s trembling?”

 

“Because I still scared and insecure about him. He said he will find me and kill me once he free…”

 

“What?? Did he just threatened you? Can I just come in? I really w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter