Chapter 19

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chae-won walked slowly from parking lot to the elevator. Her brain still processing about what Park Shi-hoo’s manager was said before. All this time, she didn’t found excited face on Shi-hoo’s whenever they met or hang out together like everyone’s do when they went out with their loved ones. His facial expression is so normal and calm in front of her. She has lots of male friends who are older than her, but for Chae-won, Shi-hoo is one of her best oppa. ‘Shi-hoo oppa……why? Why can’t you just confess directly to me? Wait. Shi-hoo oppa’s manager said that he’s sick? What does he mean….’ At that moment someone tapped her shoulder which made her jumped in surprise. “Omo!!!”

 

“I’m sorry Chae-won ah, did I scare you? I was calling you 3 times but I guess you didn’t hear so I choose to tap you. You look……spaced out.”

 

“Oh Shi-hoo oppa….” Actually she’s more surprised to see who is the owner of a hand that tapped her shoulder. “Yeah, I’ve been spacing out, thinking about many things. I’m sorry oppa.” Chae-won tried to smile. ‘I was thinking about you oppa….’ She said in her mind.

 

“It’s okay, not a big deal.” Both of them then went in to the elevator.

 

“Oppa…”

 

“Hm?”

 

“I’m sorry, but I think I’ll go visits Park Seung-min ssi’s family with my cousin.”

 

“Wae?” Chae-won observed Shi-hoo’s expression via the reflection from elevator’s door and his face is so calm.

 

“It’s just……my cousin knows him too and she insists to come with me to meet his family.”

 

Shi-hoo put a light smile on his face. “It’s okay Chae-won ah, maybe we can meet there.” The elevator’s door opened in 15th floor and Shi-hoo stepped out. “Have a good night my little sister.” He smiled and waved at her before the door’s closed.

 

‘Arrghh why he has to shown me his angelic face? Why he doesn’t even look disappointed when I reject to go with him? Ah this is so frustrating….’ Chae-won shighed before she stepped out from the elevator.

 

 

Almost a month passed since the day the sender with the unknown identity sent the flight ticket to Chae-won and it means Ji-hyo with all Running Man members and crews has to leave Korea for 4 days. All night Chae-won assured Ji-hyo that she’ll be fine and promised will called Jin-hyuk if something happened to her. Ever since the day Ji-hyo told Jin-hyuk to watched Chae-won when she’s away, Jin-hyuk and Chae-won became close again. But this time, Jin-hyuk seems like draw a red line between them. Jin-hyuk told Ji-hyo that he’s a bit afraid he might fell for Chae-won again but Ji-hyo give him words that if only he fell for her again, just do this job to prove his love to her because love doesn’t mean we have to be with the one we love forever, we can express our love with everything as long she will happy one day. With those words, Jin-hyuk then started to eyeing Chae-won, Seung-gi, and Shi-hoo in his free time (well, he has lots of free time since he finished his last drama). He also often called Chae-won’s manager to know her position.

In an early morning finally Ji-hyo left Korea to attend Asian Dream Cup in Indonesia with Running Man members, crews, and Park Ji-sung with other football player. Jong-kook and Ji-hyo seat side by side in the plane. Jong-kook told a jokes that can distract Ji-hyo’s thought on Chae-won, he even manage to steal kisses from her when nobody’s watching, and the most important thing is he never let Ji-hyo’s hand go from his, from their departure until their arrival.

 

Just before they stepped out from the plane, Jo PD read their schedule this night. “Okay, so after, this we will headed to the football stadium and have a press conference there. Actually we have to exercise or have a field test right after the presscon, but since we landed pretty late, I guess the exercise will be held tomorrow noon before the match. After the presscon, all of you are invited to have a dinner in a Gala Charity Dinner together with Park Ji-sung and the other players. That’s your schedule for today.”

 

“Ji-hyo ah, just let me know if you’re tired, I will immediately bring you to your room.” Jong-kook whispers to Ji-hyo and she replied with nodded.

 

Running Man members especially Gwang-soo who positively has the most fans waiting for him in the airport are disappointed because they can’t greet their fans. They have to go out via alternative route due to the crowd of fans inside the airport. But the alternative route didn’t as quiet as they think because several fans knows about the news and knows about the alternative route whereabout headed there right away to welcoming them. A smile formed into the members face and they waved at their fans happily. There are 4 cars waiting them outside the airport. Ji-hyo, Jong-kook, Haha, and Gwang-soo are in one car. Since Haha and Gwang-soo know about Ji-hyo and Jong-kook, so both Ji-hyo and Jong-kook can freely cuddling in front of them.

 

“Ah this is frustrating seeing them cuddling like that. If only I can bring my wife…..” Said Haha.

 

“Eyyy hyung, am I not enough? We can cuddle like them.” Gwang-soo tried to cross his arm into Haha’s.

 

“Yah! You’re so dead if you dare to touch me!!” Haha give Gwang-soo a warning which made Jong-kook and Ji-hyo who sit behind them laugh hard while Gwang-soo showed his sad puppy face.

 

“Aigoo, poor my Gwang-soo. Just search a girlfriend Gwang-soo ah and you won’t feel alone like this again.” Ji-hyo patted Gwang-soo’s back.

 

“Go get Yuri Gwang-soo ah. I believe one day she’ll fall for you if you strive hard.” Suggest Jong-kook.

 

Finally after 45 minutes, they arrived at the stadium. Their manager immediately gave them a football jersey for tomorrow’s match and told them to wear it now for the presscon. On the presscon itself, they just stand while giving a smile and waving to cameras. They just do the presscon for 15 minutes and right after that, they have to attend Gala Dinner who located in the hotel where they will rest later. They eat a lot since they are tired of being 6 hours on the plane and they have to do other activities right away without rest.

 

“Ah finally we can get a rest.” Jae-suk stretches his body on elevator.

 

“Ne it’s pretty tired even though we just sit, eat, and smile all day long. Tomorrow must be more exhausted because tomorrow is our fight.” Added Gary.

 

All of them went straightly to their room. When Ji-hyo sure all her oppas has closed their door, she went out again and ring a bell to Jong-kook’s door and no need a minute Jong-kook opened the door. “Oppa, after take a bath, can you……stay with me tonight?” Said Ji-hyo in a low voice.

 

Jong-kook feels naughty and . “Why should I stay with you?”

 

Ji-hyo pout and sulking knowing her boyfriend . “Oh. Fine. I’ll go now.” She turns around her body and a moment later Jong-kook back hugged her.

 

“It’s just a joke yeobo. You know I always wanted to be with you all day long, especially for a night.” He grinned teasingly. “Oh and don’t pout like that in front of me because I can kiss you anytime and anywhere wnhenever I see you pout like this.” He’s about to kiss Ji-hyo’s lips when a door beside Jong-kook’s room opened.

 

“Omo!!!” Gwang-soo startled. “Eyyy hyung!! Noona!! Why did you do that thing h…….” Gwang-soo’s word is cut off because Ji-hyo quickly covered his mouth with her hand.

 

“Can you please lower your voice?” Ji-hyo glared at Gwang-soo.

 

“Emh Hmpf, mmm mm hmpf…..” Gwang-soo tried to talk but failed since Ji-hyo still covered his mouth.

 

“What did you say?” Gwang-soo pointed her hand on his mouth. “Ah this? It’s better if you just shut up and go back to your room.” Ji-hyo pushed him back into his room again and grinned at Jong-kook.

 

Jong-kook chuckled to see Ji-hyo’s action. “Ji-hyo ah, just waits in your room and I will come to your room when I finished showering, ne?”

 

“Arasso oppa.”

 

30 minutes later, Jong-kook rings a bell to Ji-hyo’s room. When the door opened, his face became all red and starred at her blankly because Ji-hyo covered her wet body with towel which made Ji-hyo laugh. “Wae oppa? you haven’t seen this kind of view before?” She then pulls his hand to enter her room. “I’m sorry, I haven’t done showering yet. Just watch a TV, I’ll join you in a minutes.”

 

The rest of that night they spent it with jokes, cuddling, kissing on a bed while watching a movie. Just before they start to sleep, Jong-kook asked her a question. “Ji-hyo ah, what things can make you happy? I mean, not a person. Tell me your top 3.”

 

“There are lots of things that can make me happy, but since you asked my top 3, its firework, flower, and….. chocolate.” She grinned. “Why you ask that all of sudden?”

 

“Ani… I just want to know more about you.” Jong-kook gives her his sweetest smile which made Ji-hyo’s heart beating like crazy whenever she saw that smile. Jong-kook then makes his arm to be Ji-hyo’s pillow and pull her closer to him. “Now we have to sleep. Tomorrow is a big day to us.”

 

“It’s actually your big day because you will run on the field tomorrow.”

 

Jong-kook kissed Ji-hyo’s forehead lovingly. “Good night, love.”

 

“Good night oppa.” both of them then closed their eyes with a slight smile on their face. They felt so comfortable being sleeping on the same bed like this. They hope they can stay like this forever.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter