Chapter 25

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello!!! To all my subscibers and readers, I’m so sorry I was so busy last month and can’t update for more than a month. The most important thing, I want to thank you all to always stay and wait patiently for my story. Thank you so much!! Anyway, Happy New Year dear my lovely subscribers and readers! ❤❤❤

 

 

“Choi Jin-hyuk…… He’s dead.” Said Gwang-soo while lowered his head.

 

Loud gasp can be hear from the people in that place. For a moment the place where it full of tension because Jong-kook and Ji-hoon’s problem turns silent. Jong-kook feels like Ji-hyo tighten the hug. He then help Ji-hyo to stand up again, he broke the hug but his arm still around her waist. “Gwang-soo ah, Haha ah, Suk-jin hyung, can you please accompany Ji-hyo to hospital to see Jin-hyuk right now?”

 

“Ne hyung, we will. Let’s go Ji-hyo ah…” Said Haha.

 

“Oppa, why don’t you…. come with me?” Said Ji-hyo inbetween her sobs.

 

Jong-kook gives her a bitter smile. “Ji-hyo ah, I’m sorry but I still have a business to do…. I promise I will follow you once this business clear.” Ji-hyo took a glance at Ji-hoon and her gaze back to Jong-kook. “Yes, I have a business with him…. You should go there as soon as possible and be at Chae-won’s side. She must be very sad right now and I’m sure she need you….”

 

“Chae-won……yeah, I should go now for her.” Ji-hyo nodded while wipe away her tears. “Oppa, promise me you won’t do something bad and solve your business calmly. And you owed me to tell the full story about this matter.”

 

“Yes, love. I will tell the full story later.”Jong-kook let go of his hand from her waist. “Gwang-soo ah, take care of her and Chae-won.”

 

“Arasso hyung…” Gwang-soo, Ji-hyo, haha, and Suk-jin then went to Gwang-soo’s car.

 

Jong-kook turn around his body and walk towards Ji-hoon. Jae-suk who’s still at that place is ready to calm Jong-kook in case he will hit Ji-hoon again, but Jae-suk ended up with standing frozen at his place and his jaw dropped when he saw Jong-kook kneeling down and lowered his head right in front of Ji-hoon. “Joo Ji-hoon ssi, mianhae…. Jongmal mianhaeyo….. You have no idea I was suffering too at that time, I can’t sleep for months, I almost gave up on my career, I…….”

 

“Huh, serves you right Kim Jong-kook ssi.” Ji-hoon interfere Jong-kook’s words.

 

“Yah Ji-hoon ah, don’t cut him off like that! Let him explain first.” Ji-sung who stand beside Ji-hoon speaks up.

 

“I can’t never forget that day…. Right after that accident happened, I went to hospital for her but her family didn’t allow me to visit her. One day, my manager told me that the girl who was hit by my car moved to outstate to get a better treatment. I can do nothing but feel guilty all this time. I can’t visit her, but her parents said that they forgave me and that wasn’t my fault, so Ji-hoon ssi……please let me see your sister, I want to apologize personnaly to her and your parents as well even though they already forgave me and……..”

 

“No!! I will never allow you to visit her! That’s my parents who forgive you Kim Jong-kook ssi!! Not me, her brother! Up until now, I still thinking that you’re the one who caused my sister can’t walk and spent most of her time on her bed. You ruin my sister’s future Kim Jong-kook ssi, and I will never forgive you for that!!!”

 

 

On their way to hospital, Ji-hyo choose to sleep with hope when she opened her eyes later, all the scene on Running Man filming location today and the news about Jin-hyuk wasn’t true and only her dreams, but once she opened her eyes and found a hospital building in front of her eyes, she knew they are all the reality that she should face. Her dongsaeng was gone….. Thinking about that make Ji-hyo burst in tears again.

 

“It’s okay noona, cry as hard as you want now, but don’t cried like this in front of Chae-won and Jin-hyuk. You have to be strong in front of her and I’m sure Jin-hyuk won’t be happy seeing you in tears like this for him….” Said Gwang-soo while rubs Ji-hyo’s back.

 

Haha put off his sunglasses and tried to comfort Ji-hyo. “Ah…..I’m not used to see our Ace like this. I know our Ace is a woman, but she’s different from any other woman I’ve ever met. She’s fragile, but she never showed that kind of side of her to everyone, she always act like she’s strong but actually she’s not as strong as we see…” He shed tears from Ji-hyo’s face. “Ji-hyo ah, Gwang-soo’s right. Cry as much as you want in here but you have to be strong in front of Mooon Chae-won ssi, your cousin because she need you. Comfort her like I do to you right now. So, my point is, can I have Chae-won ssi phone number? Who knows I can comfort her and bring back her smile again.”

 

Right after Haha finished his words, Ji-hyo immediately pull his hair acted like she’s angry. “Yah!!! Ha Dong-hoon!!!! I was touched by your words earlier, but in the end you ruin that touched moments!”

 

“AAAAHHH YAH JI-HYO AH!!!! IT HURTS!!!” Ji-hyo let go of his hair. “Wae???? Why can’t I have her number??? I’m her fan Ji-hyo ah, I love her, Jinjja!!”

 

“Love her??? Cih, as long as I remember you always love all actresses and singer who came to our show. You just love everything Haroro, I won’t let you have her number!”

 

“Ah wae????”

 

“Yah!! Wake up Ha Dong-hoon! You already have Byul and Dream, and you said that you love another woman in front of me?? Should I tell Byul about this?”

 

Haha starts panick. “A….hm…. that, that wasn’t that kind of love Ji-hyo ah. I….I just like her so much…..as her fan…..” Ji-hyo still pretend to be angry but this time with a slight smile on her face when Haha put a panick mode on his face. Haha then smiles at Ji-hyo. “There you go… I saw a smile on your face. Our Ace is back…”

 

“Oppa…..” Ji-hyo speechless by Haha’s trick to make her smile again.

 

Haha wiped away the leftover tears on Ji-hyo’s face and offer his arm to Ji-hyo. “Gaja Ji-hyo ah, they wait for you inside. Once we entered the building, just go to Chae-won ssi and comfort her, okay?”

 

“Ne….gomawo oppa, thank you for always cheer me up and stand beside me.” Ji-hyo smiles at Haha and take his arm. “Gaja oppa.”

 

They finally arrived at a floor where Jin-hyuk’s body still lying at his room. It was pretty crowded there, filled with Jin-hyuk’s relatives she guessed. Her eyes focused on searching Chae-won’s whereabout. And there she is, sitting alone on a bench while starring at the floor blankly. Ji-hyo rushed to her cousin. “Chae-won ah….” Chae-won look up and immediately stand up once she heard a familiar voice called her name, but Ji-hyo didn’t see a trace of tears on her face, her face just look pale.

 

“Unnie….. Jin-hyuk oppa….he’s gone. We were separated for years and I’m fine, but this time……he’s gone forever, never coming back again, and I can’t even see him anymore… I…..” She take a deep breath to prevent her tears falling down. “I should be okay, right? Since I…..”

 

Chae-won didn’t continue her words because Ji-hyo hugs her. “Don’t hold it Chae-won ah, you are not okay right now, just let it out….”

 

Right after Ji-hyo finished her words, tears flowing from Chae-won’s eyes, no matter how hard she hold it. “It hurts unnie… it hurts me a lot knowing that he died in such a young age because of me… this isn’t fair, why God must take him first, unnie? Why?!”

 

At that time, Ji-hyo saw Woo-bin standing right in front of Jin-hyuk’s room and gave her a signal that they can entered the room. “Chae-won ah, how about we visit him first? You should let out your feeling towards him because…. This is your last chance to see his face.” Chae-won lightly nod without saying a single word from and they walk together entering his room.

 

There, they saw Jin-hyuk laying on his bed peacefully like he’s sleeping, but the difference is the color of his face getting paler. “Chae-won ah, go tell him about your feelings. About everything.”

 

Chae-won shakes her head. “You go first unnie…”

 

“Arasseo…” Replied Ji-hyo. She then walk towards Jin-hyuk’s bed and hold his hand who’s already cold. “Jin-hyuk ah, it’s me… I know you recognize my voice without I said my name. Even though your body can’t do anything anymore, but I believe your soul still in this room, am I right?” Ji-hyo managed put a slight smile on her face. “Jin-hyuk ah, does it hurt you so much that makes you give up on your life? Choi Jin-hyuk that I know is a person who won’t easily give up on anything, but this time you choose to give up… Jin-hyuk-ah, I…. I’m so sorry…. I’m sorry because of me you ended up like this….” Ji-hyo covered and try hard to not crying but she failed, her tears falls. She immediately wiped her tears. “Ah, why am I crying…. Mianhae Jin-hyuk ah, I shouldn’t crying, if you see me crying like this you will upset for sure, moreover I cried because of you….”

“Jin-hyuk ah, thank you for being such a good dongsaeng and a good friend who always cheer me up whenever I’m sad, stay beside me whenever I felt happy, and always calm me down whenever I felt upset at someone or something. I’m so happy to meet someone like you, get to know you, and being close with a nice guy like you. Thank you so much for all what you did to me, I will never forget you, my dongsaeng…. May you rest in peace in heaven and we will meet again one day….” Ji-hyo wiped again her tears, she then Jin-hyuk’s hair and headed to Chae-won. “I’m done, now take your time with him, for the last time. I’ll wait for you outside.”

 

“Andwae unnie, please stay and sit here, I won’t take long.”

 

“Arasseo…” Ji-hyo sit on a sofa at the corner of the room while Chae-won take a sit on a chair beside Jin-hyuk’s bed.

 

“Oppa, Jin-hyuk oppa….. Are you listened all my words just before you decided to give up? Do you listen all I said to you all this time? So, this is your answer… you were really in pain….” Chae-won hold his hand and starts crying.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter