Chapter 17

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A month has passed since Jong-kook and Ji-hyo officially became a couple and since Joong-ki left Chae-won for his mandatory. Just few peoples who knows about Jong-kook and Ji-hyo in relationship; their manager, Haha, and Chae-won. They didn’t want public knows about this happy news yet because they afraid it will affect Running Man’s rating. Today, after finished filming Running Man, for the first time Ji-hyo allows her boyfriend to make a visit to her crib.

 

“Oh you’re good in choose a place for living. This place is so nice.”

 

“It wasn’t me who choose this crib oppa, my cousin did. Anyway, you want orange juice or mineral water?”

 

“Can I have chicken milkshake?” Ji-hyo answered him by glared. “Arasso arasso…” Jong-kook chuckled looking at her reaction. “I want mineral water.” Jong-kook then walks towards photos frames who are hanging on the wall. “Oh is this Moon Chae-won? Why you have lots of photos with her?”

 

When Ji-hyo about to answer, Chae-won come home. “Unnie I’m home! I brought you………..” Chae-won stops her pace when she saw Jong-kook. “Oh Kim Jong-kook ssi, annyeonghaseyo.” Chae-won bowed at him.

 

Jong-kook in a froze mode when he saw Chae-won right in front of him because a minute ago he just saw her in a photo. “Oh? Moon Chae-won ssi……?”

 

“Oh unnie, don’t say you haven’t told him…”

 

Ji-hyo chuckled when she saw Jong-kook in froze mode like that. “Hahaha…. Ne, I haven’t told him.” Ji-hyo then stands between Chae-won and Jong-kook. “Jagiya, this is Moon Chae-won. She is my home mate and my cousin.”

 

“Your what??” Jong-kook’s eyes getting bigger when he heard what just Ji-hyo said and lightly bowed to Chae-won. “Annyeonghaseyo Chae-won ssi. It’s our first time face each other but we met in your house like this…..”

 

“Aniya, it’s not just my house, its unnie’s too.” Chae-won smiled at Jong-kook. “Oh anyway, I think it’s a bit weird if we called each other formally. Why don’t we use banmal since you’re Ji-hyo unnie’s boyfriend. How about it……oppa?”

 

“Oh okay…..Chae-won ah.”

 

Three of them then talks a lot while eat a box of pizza. Ji-hyo seems happy because Chae-won and Jong-kook get closed towards each other so fast and it’s the same for Chae-won who’s so happy seeing Ji-hyo and Jong-kook are deeply in love like that. “So, Chae-won ah, told us about your activity. I heard you just finished filming Good Doctor.” Asked Jong-kook.

 

“Ne oppa. I just do several CF and photoshoot and planned to make appearance in big screen again.”

 

“Oppa, can you tell her to not overwork herself and to stop went to club? I mean, she always comes home late and it makes me worried. This girl is so stubborn.”

 

“Well, I have to distract my worried thought about Joong-ki oppa, besides I went to a club with my friend I trust the most, so I’ll……”

 

“Who? Is your friend a girl or a boy? Is she/he a celebrity too? Do I know him/her?”

 

“Unnie, now you sound like Gwang-soo oppa who always bombarded me with lots of questions like that. I think both of you know my friend because he’s a famous actor.”

 

“Who??” Both Ji-hyo and Jong-kook asked Chae-won at the same time.

 

“It’s….Lee Seung-gi.”

 

“That kid is my best friend. I know him so well and I suggest you to not too close with him because he easily falling in love with a girl.” Jong-kook gave her a suggestion.

 

“Oh jinjja? But oppa, I don’t think Seung-gi has that kind of feeling towards me because he told me that he currently in love with a girl. But yeah, he didn’t tell me who that girl is.”

 

“Is that so? It’s relieved then. But still you have to be careful, ne?”

 

“Ne Chae-won ah, you have to be careful since Joong-ki isn’t around.” Ji-hyo tried to speak up.

 

“Unnie, oppa, don’t worry, I can take care of myself.” Chae-won tried to convince them.

 

“Hmm…. Lee Seung-gi, if that kid falling for you or does something weird towards you or even hurt you, just told me and I’ll make sure to gave him a lesson to not messing around with my future sister in law.”

 

Both, Ji-hyo and Chae-won chuckled when they heard Jong-kook last words. “Mwuh ra goo? Sister in law? Yah Kim Jong-kook, we just start dating for a month and you planned to marry me already?”

 

“Oooh oppa you are so optimist. Don’t worry oppa, I’ll give you my blessing to marry this woman but in one condition.” Chae-won crossed her arm into Ji-hyo’s while looking at Jong-kook seriously.

 

“Yah Chae-won ah, what are you doing?”

 

“And what’s that condition my future sister in law?” Jong-kook winks at Chae-won.

 

“Promise me you won’t hurt my unnie and take care of her well because I know, my unnie loves you so much and she even likes you for years. I just met her in person and knew that the fact we’re relatives not even a year but I already love her like my own sister. I was so happy when I knew the fact that I’m her cousin, I’m so happy and shocked in the same time because she’s one of my role model all this time. Her confident, hard working, joyful, smart, caring, and sometimes she doen’t care about her image makes my unnie like the big sister every girl wants. And I’m that lucky girl who has a chance to be her little sister. So please, do that favor for me, oppa.” Chae-won leaned her head on Ji-hyo’s shoulder. “So, oppa, if you hurt my sister, you’ll face me for sure and I will give you a lesson to not messing with my sister.” Chae-won said while pointing at Jong-kook and gave him a serious stare.

 

Ji-hyo is so touched by Chae-won’s words and she really didn’t think she’s like that in Chae-won’s eyes. “Chae-won ah……” She just can call Chae-won’s name because she’s speechless. Ji-hyo then looks at Jong-kook.

 

Jong-kook nodded in understands and a moment later he kneeled in front of Ji-hyo and Chae-won. He then holds Ji-hyo’s hand. “Chae-won ah, you know what? You’re such a sweet sister. I believe that’s what Ji-hyo wanted to say, but since she’s speechless so she can’t say it directly to you.” He smiled at Chae-won. “Ne Chae-won ah, I promise to not hurt her and I won’t let her down because I’ve been falling for her eversince she was a guest for Family Outing. It’s kinda love at first sight….” Jong-kook kissed Ji-hyo’s hand lovingly.

 

“Omo omo! Did you guys really have to do that sweet thing in front of me?? Joong-ki oppa!!! Can you please come here?? This couple really made me envy.” Jong-kook and Ji-hyo laughed at her reaction. “I think it’s the time to leave both of you alone. Anyway, nice to meet you, oppa!”

 

“Oh keure Chae-won ah. Nice to meet you too.” Said Jong-kook.

 

When Chae-won stands from her seat and about to walk to her room, Ji-hyo stops her. “Chae-won ah, wait.” Chae-won turn her body to face Ji-hyo. “When I just came home, there’s a package for you.”

 

“Package? Oh it’s weird, I rarely got a package. From who?”

 

“I don’t know, I haven’t checked it, I put that in your room.”

 

“Oh okay, gomawo unnie.” Chae-won went to her room and found that package. “Oh, it seems like a pretty big canvas…” She touches that package and opened the cover. Her prediction was right, it’s a canvas with her as an object. “Omo! This is such a beautiful painting.” She then found a card sticking right behind that canvas.

 

I dedicated this painting for the most gorgeous and beautiful woman I’ve ever seen.

S

 

“S….?” She thinks for a while, but she didn’t get the answer. “Is it someone I know? I mean, it’s definitely not from my fan, right? Because they don’t know my address” She keeps wondering and her attention back to that canvas. “Whoever who sent this, thank you so much. This is a beautiful painting!” She then hangs that canvas on the wall in her room with a wide smile on her face.

 

 

Today Jong-kook and Ji-hyo planned to work out at Jong-kook’s gym together but they went there separatedly to hide their closeness in front of public. Ji-hyo arrived first and she headed to woman’s closet to change her clothe. When she finished, she walks towards treadmill and at that time she accidently bump in to someone.

 

“Omo…. Ji-hyo noona??” Jin-hyuk startled when he saw his noona in a gym.

 

“Oh Jin-hyuk ah…. It’s been a while since we haven’t seen each other but why did you staring at me like you seeing a ghost?”

 

“You? At gym? Did you work out too here?”

 

“What do you think? I came here to sleep?” Ji-hyo let out a small chu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter