Chapter 21

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ji-hyo noona….” Woo-bin called Ji-hyo right after he told Jin-hyuk’s condition to Jong-kook and the others. Ji-hyo looks at Woo-bin with soggy and wet eyes. “Jin-hyuk hyung…. He was sorry for anything that happened yesterday. He’s sorry for not being able keep his promise towards you to protect Chae-won. Please don’t mad at him noona, he really tried his best to prot……”

 

Ji-hyo cut off Woo-bin words. “That babo…..” Ji-hyo smiled at Woo-bin while shed her tears. “Can I visit him?” Ji-hyo looks at Woo-bin and Jong-kook like asking permission to them. Jong-kook nodded and let go of her hand.

 

“I’ll be right here if you need me.” Jong-kook smile at his girlfriend.

 

Ji-hyo walked in to the ICU room where Jin-hyuk lying on the bed with pipes on his body and his well built body is being wrapped by bandage. “Jin-hyuk ah, it’s me….” Ji-hyo tried to talk as calm as she can. “I often heard that someone in coma state can hear everything around him. You……. heard me, right?” She takes a deep breath. “Yah babo ya, how can you apologize to me when you do nothing wrong? Actually, I want to say thanks to you. Thank you for taking care of her and don’t worry, even though she hasn’t waked up yet but doctor’s said she’s fine. Ah, its night already, I don’t want to disturb your rest. Have a good sleep my dongsaeng but please you have to open your eyes, you can’t be sleep forever, ne? We all here waiting you to wake up.” Ji-hyo then put her hand on Jin-hyuk’s hair and it lovingly before he stepped out from the room.

 

When Ji-hyo closed the door, Joong-ki’s phone’s ringing. “Ne, Hyun-woo ssi?” Ji-hyo immediately looks at Joong-ki when he mention Chae-won’s manager name. “What??? I…..I’ll be right there in a minute.”

 

“Wae? What’s happen Joong-ki ah?” Ask Ji-hyo in worried.

 

“She’s awake.” Joong-ki smiled at Ji-hyo and rushed to elevator followed by Ji-hyo, Jong-kook, and Gwang-soo.

 

It really takes a minute for them to reach Chae-won’s room. When Joong-ki opened the door he’s relieved to see his girlfriend already opened her eyes. Chae-won startled at first to see Joong-ki but then she smile at him. “Oppa….”

 

Joong-ki takes a sit beside her bed and takes her hand to kiss it lovingly. “Glad you finally awake baby….”

 

“Chae-won ah, gwenchana? Still felt any pain? You know me, right?” Ji-hyo somehow scared she will has same condition as Jong-kook months ago.

 

Chae-won let out a small chuckle. “Of course…. You’re my unnie, how can I forget you.” Chae-won then asked Joong-ki. “Anyway, what happened with me oppa? How long I’ve been sleep? I feel like I have a very long dream. But it was a bad dream. In my dream you’re enlist army and right after that that guy come and…….” She suddenly stopped her sentence when she realized Joong-ki still wears army’s uniform. “Oppa…..why you…..wear that cloth?”

 

“Chae-won ah….. That was not a dream.”

 

Chae-won’s body become stiff and her eyes now starred at peoples around her. Gwang-soo then speaks up. “Mianhe Chae-won ah for not being able at your side that night. But don’t worry, you won’t see his face again, he already arrested.”

 

“Andwe…..it can’t be true. Please tell me it was just a nightmare… No, it can’t be happened!!” Chae-won look at them in disbelief and tears starts flowing from the corner of her eyes. She then tried to get up from her bed but Joong-ki stopped her by make a quick move to hug her. “Jin-hyuk oppa…. he’s okay, right? I want to see him. He was bleeding so much….” Chae-won cried at her boyfriend’s shoulder.

 

“If you want to see him then you should get better first. I’m sure he will sad if he saw you in this condition.” Ji-hyo rubbed Chae-won’s back.

 

“Noona’s right, you should rest first if you want to see him. Don’t worry, I won’t leave, I will stay here right beside you.”

 

“Chae-won ah, we’ll leave then but we’ll come here again tomorrow and I hope your condition will get better.” Said Jong-kook while put his arm around Ji-hyo’s waist.

 

“Joong-ki ah, called me if she needs something or if something’s happened and take care of her.” Ji-hyo added.

 

“Arasso noona.” Ji-hyo, Jong-kook, Gwang-soo, even Chae-won’s manager walked out from Chae-won’s room.

 

“Oppa…”

 

“Yes baby?”

 

“You aren’t mad with me, right?”

 

“Hm? Why should I mad at you?”

 

“Because I was worried about Jin-hyuk oppa too much. Mianhe oppa, but he……”

 

“He take care of you when I’m away, he even willing to be hurt in order to protect you. I’m so thankful he was at your side at that time. Don’t worry, I’m not jealous at him anymore because I know he’s a good guy.” Joong-ki kiss Chae-won’s hand lovingly which made her smiled. “Hey, you better go to sleep now, you need a lot of rest to get better.”

 

“Shiro…. How can you asked me to sleep when I still missed you even though you’re in front of me right now. Don’t you miss me?” She pouted.

 

“Words can’t describe how much I missed you baby but you really need a rest.” Seeing Chae-won still pouting, he smiled. “How about this, I promise I’ll be stay right beside you until my vacation’s over.”

 

“And how long you got a vacation?”

 

“Hm…… just a week, but……..”

 

“See??? You even just have a week and you’ll leave me again!”

 

“Mianhe Chae-won ah…. Mianhe for not being able at your side in your hard times. Mianhe for just having a short time to be with you, but you can wait for me, right?”

 

Looking at Joong-ki whose look at her with a sad eyes it makes Chae-won guilty. She knows she’s being too much and act childishly towards him. “Will you promise me?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Promise me you have to spend 2 until 4 days with your parents. I know you worried about me but you have to visit your family as well. Just because I missed you, doesn’t mean I can be selfish and being unfair towards your family, right? I promise I’ll be allright and recover fast.”

 

“But 4 days are too long….”

 

“Take it or leave it?”

 

“Fine! I promise.”

 

“Good boy… now, as you asked me before, I should sleep, but…….”

 

“But….?”

 

“Where is it?” Chae-won point her cheek.

 

“Mwuh?”

 

“Yah! Did you really forget your habit?”

 

“My….habit?”

 

“Aishh!! Forget it!” Joong-ki then quickly gave her a quick peck on her lips just before Chae-won turn her body.

 

“I don’t remember my habit to kiss you on your cheek. As long as I remember I always gave you kiss on the lips.” Joong-ki’s sentence make her blushed.

 

“Y…yah! I’m not ready ye….” Joong-ki cut her words by gave her a peck again on her lips but then he raised one of his eyebrows.

 

“Hm? Not ready yet?” He tries to look like he’s thinking. “Ah….you means you want more than a quick peck like that?”

 

“A….ani!! That’s not what I mean! Could you please stop teasing me like this?!” Joong-ki laughed when he saw Chae-won’s face starts redden. “Cih, you look so happy teasing around with sick people.”

 

Joong-ki’s laugh then slowly turns into a simple smile and starts to caress Chae-won’s cheek. “Of course I’m happy… How can’t I be happy when I finally can see you again after being separated for months. You have no idea how I want to kiss you so bad right now, but let’s do it when you’re healthier.”

 

“Me too oppa, I’m so happy to see you again after months. I never thought I will date such a gentleman and romantic guy like you. Gomawo oppa for stay here tonight, I’m so lucky having you at my side.”

 

“Ne gongjyu-nim. Now you have to sleep, okay?” Chae-won nodded and closed her eyes while her hands hold tightle her boyfriend’s hand.

 

It only needs 15 minutes for Joong-ki to wait until Chae-won in a deep sleep. He then walked out from her room to a nurse desk. “Excuse me, may I know a doctor’s who’s in charge for Moon Chae-won and Choi Jin-hy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter