Chapter 22

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Min-ho ah, what happened?”

 

“Jin-hyuk hyung, he……….is awake.”

 

The moment Lee Min-ho said the last word, peoples in that room sigh in relieve. “Arasso, thanks for the information Min-ho ah.” Said Chae-won in excitement. “Oppa, can you please bring me there?” Chae-won look at her boyfriend and he replied by a nod and smile.

 

Six of them then went to Jin-hyuk’s room together. In front of his room there are Woo-bin and Jin-hyuk’s parents as well. “Woo-bin ah, how is he?” Asked Jong-kook.

 

“We still don’t know yet hyung. The doctor is currently checking on him.” Right after Woo-bin replied Jong-kook, Dr. Hwang who’s in charge of him came out and explains to them about his condition.

 

“He’s awake but still, he needs an intensif care because his heart rate is still low and he still need and oxygen to help him in breathing. Due to the wound at his lung, it makes him a bit hard to speaking because it will hurt him. You can visit him now but I only allow 1 person at this time since Choi Jin-hyuk ssi needs more time to rest. Oh, and I want to tell all of you to not too surprised if he back to his critical condition because his condition is so weak.”

 

Right after Dr. Hwang finished his sentences, Chae-won feel she got a stares from peoples around her. Joong-ki who stand beside her, rubbed her back lovingly. “Go, Chae-won ah. I think you’re the one who has a right to meet him first among us.”

 

“He’s right, you better go meet him. He must be worried about you.” Ji-hyo assures her dongsaeng.

 

After heard their words, she nodded and followed their advice. She slowly walks entering the room with Joong-ki’s help. Once she entered the room, her eyes meet with Jin-hyuk’s eyes. His eyes are opening but his gazes are so weak which made her hurt inside watching his condition this close. When Chae-won finally take a sit at a chair beside his bed, she saw Jin-hyuk’s mouth slightly opened about to say something but Chae-won quickly talk first. “No, oppa, don’t talk. It will hurt you if you’re talking.”

 

One of Jin-hyuk hand starts to move and pointing Chae-won’s head. “Ah, this? Don’t worry oppa, it’s healed already.” Chae-won smiled at him but then her smile slowly faded. “Oppa, I’m so sorry to make you in this state. If only you didn’t came that night…… you won’t lying in this room with this condition. I’m sorry oppa…. I’m sorry……” Tears starts flowing from her eyes. “And thank you, for coming that night, for always be there whenever I needed help, and for willing to get hurt in order to protect me. I really don’t know how to repay your kindness and your sacrifice oppa…..”

 

“Be…..happy….” Jin-hyuk success to say 2 words but then he closed his eyes due to the pain that he felt at his lung.

 

“Mwuh? Oppa please, you shouldn’t talking. It will hurt you.”

 

Jin-hyuk shook his head weakly. “Just…be happy…..Chae-won ah.”

 

“Be happy? Yes, I will be happy but you have to get better first, how can I be happy if you still lying in here oppa.”

 

Chae-won can see a weak smile from behind an oxygen masker that Jin-hyuk’s wear but then Jin-hyuk felt an extremely pain at his lung which made him suddenly hard to breath. Seeing him in pain right in front her eyes, Chae-won starts to panick. “Op….oppa.” Chae-won hurriedly signaled to Joong-ki who watched them from outside to call a doctor.

 

Right before his docter come, Jin-hyuk tried his best to say a name to Chae-won. “Kim…….Woo……Bin……” Jin-hyuk then lost his conscious.

 

“J…Jin-hyuk oppa…. Andwae oppa!!! Please don’t leave me!!” Joong-ki then went in and pull his girlfriend to his embrace before went out to Jin-hyuk’s room to let the doctor examine Jin-hyuk’s condition.

 

Once they walked out from the room, Joong-ki hug her tightly. “Hey, don’t worry, he will be fine. He won’t leave us….”

 

Chae-won still let her tears out when suddenly she remember Jin-hyuk called out a name. She then release herself from Joong-ki’s embrace and walk towards Woo-bin who’s standing not far from them. “Woo-bin ssi, he was saying your name right before he lost his conscious. Do I have to know something from you or maybe he request anything to you?”

 

Woo-bin let out a sigh. “Can we talk? I mean, just two of us?” Chae-won replied with a nod. At that time, Dr. Hwang went out from Jin-hyuk’s room which made all of them staring at him, waiting for his explaination.

 

“His condition is unstable. I was surprise to hear that he’s awake but I predict it won’t be long since he’s so weak and my prediction was right. He’s now back to his previous condition, having a low heart rate. Let’s just pray for him.” Dr. Hwang lightly bow to them before excuse himself to go back to his room.

 

 

“It’s my fault….” Said Ji-hyo to Jong-kook who’s currently drives her home.

 

“Mwuh??”

 

“If only I didn’t ask him to do that task, he won’t be there that night.”

 

“And if he wasn’t there that night, Chae-won must be the one in Jin-hyuk’s position right now, lying helplessly in ICU room. Do you really want to see her like that?” Ji-hyo stay silent, didn’t respond his words. Jong-kook then hold her hand. “Love, we already talked about this, please stop blaming yourself like this. I bet Jin-hyuk won’t be happy to see you like this. Tell me, what can I do to make you smile again?”

 

“Tteoppoki…”

 

“Ok, let’s go to……”

 

“Samgyeopsal.”

 

“Oh, there’s another? Okay then…”

 

“Chocolate.”

 

“Are you really want to eat those food right now? Don’t you think it’s quite a lot? Besides, seems there’s no healthy food inside your lists.” Jong-kook look at Ji-hyo in disbelief.

 

“Wae?? Those food can make me smile again. You’re the one who asked that!” Ji-hyo purposely pouted and sulking in front of him even though she’s dying hold her laugh seeing Jong-kook’s expression.

 

“A…arasso. We will go to Haha’s restaurant then.”

 

“Ah oppa, can I request 1 more thing?”

 

“What?”

 

“Soju…”

 

“What??? Yah Song Ji-hyo!! Did you really want soju at this time? That’s definitely a big no Ji-hyo ah. I can approve those 3 but no for soju.”

 

“Hehehe just kidding oppa… Let’s go to Haha oppa’s restaurant.” Ji-hyo lean her head on Jong-kook’s arm.

 

“Ji-hyo ah, you can enter first, I have to park the car first.”

 

“Arasso oppa. I’ll be in our usual spot, okay?”

 

“Okay love.” Ji-hyo then walked in to the restaurant and being greeted by the employees.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo Song Ji-hyo ssi. Did you come with the others?”

 

“Ani, I just come with Jong-kook oppa, but can we sit at our usual spot?”

 

“Of course…”

 

When Ji-hyo about to followed the employee, someone called her name. “Ji-hyo ah!!”

 

“Omo! Lee Dong-wook!!” Both of them hugged each other. “Yaah it’s been a while, it’s great to see a busy man like you again.”

 

“Hahaha yah! You’re busier than me.” Dong-wook grinned widely. “Anyway, are you alone?”

 

“No, she’s with me.” Said Jong-kook suddenly appear from behind of Ji-hyo.

 

“Oh hyung!!” Dong-wook gave him brotherly hug. “Woah it’s rare to see both of you hanging out together. I mean, just two of you.”

 

“Because we just visits Jin-hyuk together. This girl beside me is really worried and sad to see Jin-hyuk’s condition. As her oppa, I should make her happy again, right?”

 

“Ah Jin-hyuk ssi…..his accident with Moon Chae-won ssi gave a shock to our country. How about their condition?”

 

“Moon Chae-won is fine, but Jin-hyuk is in coma state.”

 

“Jinjja? Woah, Park Shi-hoo should get a hard punishment for what he did.” Dong-wook look at his watch. “Oh, I should go now. It’s good to see you guys…” When he’s about to leave, he gave Ji-hyo a light hug. “Ji-hyo ah, I think we should meet somewhere later, there’s something I wanted to tell you.” Dong-wook wink

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter