CHAPTER 6: WHAT SHOULD I DO?

MASTER'S DOLL

A TREAT FOR MY BELOVED READERS:

DOUBLE UPDATEEE~~~

 

 

ROSIE’s POV

 

 

For the first time in my life, I’ve never felt so tired. Yes, physically and mentally tired. Physically? We are being brutally massacred in order to face our comeback. We practiced more than 12 hours a day for the choreo, vocal, let alone other preparations as well. But I’m used to it.

What tires me more is that Leo had gone busier.. and he stopped contacting me.

I’m also facing a scandalous rumor in many mass medias, also harsh words targeting me in my private SNS. I already locked them all, and just ignoring them, while my friends worry about me a lot. They agreed that what the media said about me and Leo must’ve been a coincidence. Them, except for Jihae. Jihae knows. But she tries so hard to stay normal.

I was only being strong, as strong as I could, but ignoring these problems needs a lot of energy. My source of energy is Leo.. and he looked like he avoided me these several weeks. When he walk past me, he just continue walking without noticing that I was there, without saying hi. Ravi, as always, greeted me cheerfully with a high-five. But Leo’s attitude slowly hurts me, I must admit.

 

I tried hard to focus on what I’m doing. We are preparing for a special monthly performance in front of our whole management as a form of test, for the CEO and the seniors to judge us. My group had already agreed we would sing another artist’s song. Eunhee brilliantly picked Davichi ft T-ARA’s old song, We Were In Love, because it suits us. But this time, Jihae wants to rap instead of me. So I will join Gain and Eunhee as vocal line.

We did great at the practice, and our manager praised us. Our producers were also stunned by my singing, they said my skill elevated than before. I could only smile, as they told us to practice more.

 

Please don’t leave me

You might come back, because you might return

Again, today, I wait for you.

You don’t know, don’t know how much I’m hurting,

Even as I sing this song..

 

But I stumbled at the lyrics.

 

 

 

 

I contacted him. I called him a lot, his replies were short and cold... unlike the usual him.

I honestly started to feel being neglected.

 

He said he would protect me.

 

Could he be setting me up, so my name would end badly? Could he be hating me that much?

 

No, that’s not possible.

But, what if... ?

 

 

 

“Rose, don’t play with your food.”

I snapped out.

“Oh, sorry,” I look down at my rice again.

We were out at a restaurant, eating seollongtang. But I really had lost my appetite these days. The only thing tasting good on my tongue is only banana milk. I stood up, leaving my members confused.

“Where are you going, unnie?” asked Eunhee.

“Banana milk,” I said while leaving.

 

I walked to a small store near the restaurant and bought a box of banana milk. I sat down at the chair outside the store and drink it quietly, thinking. Then I took my phone out. I listened to the dial tone while playing with the platina-silver ring on my right index finger.

 

Leo picked up.

“Rose.”

I inhaled deep, and forced my voice to sound sweet.

“Sunbaenim, how have you been?”

“Normal. What is it?” he said, in a cold tone.

I have to restrain feeling hurt, and just put my hand, pressing my heart a little.

“Uhm... I wonder if we could meet.. tomorrow night?” I asked, honestly afraid of him rejecting me more.

There’s a long silence, but then Leo answered. “Alright. I’m free at 11.”

I exhaled in relief.

“Okay, The Tree Branch sounds good?”

“Yes.”

“See you then.”

“Yes.”

“Oh, and..” I braced myself, “I love you.”

The connection terminated.

 

I was shocked by how he responded so coldly to me. But I have to find out why he changed and set things right. I put my phone back into my pocket, walking back towards the restaurant while wiping my tears.

 

 

 

----

 

 

 

“You came,” I said while standing up and smiled to him. He wore his huge, black parka with mask and a beanie. He only nodded and sat down.

We spent minutes in silence as I was scared to start and felt so hurt by his silence. He is normally silent, but this kind of silent  is new to me. He has never been like this before. As our coffee came, I was hoping that he would start sipping his latte with joy, as usual whenever he ordered them with me. This time, he doesn’t. He sat still. He didn’t even look at me.

But I have to find out why he changed. I’m glad the coffee shop was in a middle of nowhere and about to close down, so not many customers come here and there. I cleared my throat.

I finally got his attention, and he stared blankly at me. I force myself to smile.

 

“So... how have you been?” I brace myself to ask.

He shrugged quietly.

“Well..” I force myself to laugh. “We haven’t been catching up much, you’re busy, I’m busy... I mean, after all those articles, what to do, ha ha..”

“Just quit pretending you’re okay and say what you need to say,” Taekwoon suddenly said, coldly.

I was set aback, but force myself to continue, fighting the feel to shrink under his stare.

“Sunbaenim... do you hate me? For all those articles..?”

 

He just stare at me, blankly, in silence.

He was waiting.

And I decided to keep on.

 

“You know... everything they said was all.. against me. I have been trying hard to ignore it, and my friends know I struggle with it... but my only source of strength in denying it all.. was you...”

 

Leo hung his head down. I still tried to talk, looking down as well, but I have to smile. I have to.

 

“But then, you were like.. gone. You don’t talk to me anymore... you pushed me away... and, honestly, I started to feel so... broken..” I started to have difficulties talking, as hot tears flow down my cheek.

 

“I know, and I’m so sorry, that I cause all these problems to you... I know I should not have confessed my feelings for you.. I know I should have kept it myself... And I’m s-sorry.. but.. please...

 

...talk to me..

                                ...or else, I’m broken...”

 

 

 

We were in love, please don’t make me cry

For me, it’s only you

When I close my eyes, I see you

When I block my ears, I hear you

Please don’t leave me..

 

 

 

I tried hard to control my sobbing, I really do. But I can’t.

It hurts.

 

Leo finally lift his face, he removed his mask, and talk.

“I got a penalty from CEO Hwang,” Leo finally said.

I got shocked. “W-what?”

“He knew.”

I shook my head slowly in disbelief. “No....”

“He wants us to break up. If he found out we’re still together, it’s either you or me that would be nullified.”

 

I can’t even respond.

 

“We have a week to set things right. I am using it now. I’m preparing you to be strong when I leave you. That’s why I stay away. I need to protect you. We can’t fail just because of this..”

I shook my head eagerly.

“No. No! It’s... It’s just hurting us more than it should... please don’t do this....”

Leo stayed quiet.

“D-don’t you.. love me anymore..?” I whispered, amidst all of my tears.

 

Leo suddenly look up, he looked a little bit shocked.

“I told you to not ever question my feelings for you,” he said, all of the sudden.

 

My mouth went agape.

 

A sudden memory sparked up.

 

“You’re still not convinced enough on whether or not I love you, huh...

.. I thought I made it very clear before. It’s you, only you. I want to be with you, nothing else...”

                                “Do not ever, EVER, question my feelings for you again, okay?”

 

I looked at him for a while, trying to understand.

 

Then.. he still loves me.

He said this is to protect me.

But don’t you understand... how much this hurts?

 

 

“Then... don’t stay away, please..” I said.

Leo shot me a questioning look.

“Let’s... Let’s make lots of memories in this last week... and at Sunday, the last... It will be the last...”

 

Leo sighed. I reached to his hands on the table, and begged him.

“Please... I don’t want to be broken...”

 

Leo nodded.

 

 

 

“Let’s do it... our last week.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

**NEXT! GOGOO~