CHAPTER 4 : LESSON WITH LEO

MASTER'S DOLL

ROSIE’S POV

 

I lied down on the parquet floor of the dance room, panted like crazy. The other members rolled around the room, complaining about their hunger as Jihae was on the phone with our manager oppa, asking him to buy dinner for the hungry members of the zoo. We had just finished our late-night dance practice, and I got to admit, I was hungry. Like, crazy hungry. Can’t help going crazy.

I wriggled my body towards the sighing mother goose of the zoo, then put my head on her thigh as she sat cross-legged on the floor.

 

I have decided to start the ing zoo conversation. Oh yeah. Initiating chaos in three.. two.. one.

 

“Zihaaaeeee….” I , poking her sides. She looked annoyed, and pushed my head away while busy checking her phone, but I didn’t move.

“Zihaaaaeeeeeeeeeee~” I again. Now I earned a painful pinch on my cheek.

“A-A-AARGH! IT HURTS, YOU CRAZY .”

“RIGHT, RIGHT, WHAT DO YA WANT, HORSE?” Jihae screamed back at me with a blank expression. I held my giggle back.

“I WAAANT SUUUM KIMCHI JJIGAEEEE.”

“WAIT FOR MANAGER OPPA THEN, YOU ANIMAL.”

“I WAAANTT RAAAMEEEEEENNNN.” The kitty maknae Gain had rolled over and joined our usual zoo-conversation.

“I WAAAANT SUUUSHIIIIIIII.” Eunhee rolled to us and joined the zoo-conversation too.

“EAT MAH OR BUY YOUR OOOWN.”

“I WAAAANT BUULLGOOOGIIIII.”

“I’LL BUY Y’ALL BULLDOGS.”

“I DOOON’T NEED A MAAAAN.”

“THAT’S MISS A YOU ING BALL OF GAS.”

“YES A WOOOLF I’M A WOOLFFF… AOOOUUUUU.”

“SARANGHAEYO.”

“YOU’RE A HORSE AND I’M A WOLF.” Gain threw her head back laughing and hit my back crazy hard. I growled, staring at her.

“LOOK CAREFULLY AT WHAT I’M ABOUT TO DO NOW.”

“IF IT’S FOR YOU, I’M READY TO GET HUUUURT.”

“TICK TOCK TICK TOCK, MAY THE HORSE BE FULFILLED.” Eunhee screamed.

“I NEED THERAPY, LA LA LA LA LA THERAPY.” I replied.

“THAT’S ING ON AND ON, YOU IDIOT.”

“NAPPEUN SARAM ANINDEEEEEEE~”

“YOU’RE NOT HUMAN ANYWAY.”

“I DON’T WANT TO LET GO OF MYSELF~”

“YOU ARE AN ERROR TO HUMANITY, YA KNOW.”

“IF VIXX SUNBAE HEARD US WE’D BE DEAD MEAT, GUYS. STOP.”

I lost to the game and Jihae accidentally hit my head with her while she jumped away, laughing with no sound coming and clapped like a retarded seal. There goes the zoo-style of lyric mash up. I burst out laughing my off and rolled around the room with Eunhee laughing her crazy zebra laugh while hugging me.

“STOP WRIGGLING AROUND BEFORE I—Oh!”

 

Laughter suddenly stopped when suddenly the door banged open, and a man stood there. Just by that man’s presence, the temperature in the room suddenly dropped.

I gasped.

 

Leo stood there.

 

 

 

JIHAE’S POV

 

“STOP WRIGGLING AROUND BEFORE I—Oh!”

I stopped talking at the shock. The door banged open, and someone stood at the doorway. Everyone’s smile seems to disappear.

 

Jung Taekwoon stood there.

 

I don’t know what to say. Did he hear us? Were we too loud? Was he gonna hit us with his anger because we made fun of VIXX songs? Scary thoughts start to fly in over my head. Me and the members quickly stood up and bowed, whispered a frightened ‘good evening’ to him. I tried to explore his face, looking for any sign of anger or brutal rage.

Actually, there was none. He just stood there blankly, looking only at one direction. Am I getting it wrong? He was staring only at..

 

Rosie.

 

I tried quickly to divert his attention.

“Good evening, Taekwoon-oppa. We are sorry for being so loud. Is there any---“

I never get to finish what I said. Leo only walked towards Rosie with one hand in his pocket, then grabbed Rosie on her elbow.

“Come,” he said shortly with a cold expression.

Rosie didn’t say anything, nor did she looked surprised or whatever. She only nodded. Then she ran to her bag and her black leather jacket, picked it up off the floor, and patted my back as she made her way next to Leo. Leo held her right elbow again and sort of dragged her to walk with him. Then as they walked out, I could still see Rosie’s black undergarment through her white oversized t-shirt’s wet backside. The big black ‘BUT I’M SHY’ writings on it didn’t even help to hide her bra strap shadows at all.

 

Damn, this is dangerous. Plus she wasn’t dressed properly. What’s going to happen? Why didn’t she say anything?

 

As they were already gone, Gain let out a sigh, and Eunhee tugged my sleeve.

“Unnie, what’s with that?” Eunhee still had her eyes on the door.

I sighed. “I’ll just text her later.”

 

 

 

ROSIE’S POV

 

Everyone in that dancing room went silent. As my sweaty body was still covered by Eunhee, I didn’t realize what shut them all down in fear, until I follow where her eyes were pointed at. Then I gasped.

 

Leo stood there, at the doorway.

 

We rushed to stand up and then we bowed to him while greeted him properly. He showed no response, and he started to stare at me. I had to resist looking at him. But I gave up.

He was… stunning. Standing there flawlessly like a porcelain statue, Leo wore my favorite black knitted wool sweater, a pair of black jeans, black loafers, and black thigh-length coat. His hair was light brown and parted in a way that made him looked even more sophisticated. Those outfits made his skin looks pale and shiny. I was paying more attention to his appearance than to the fact that he actually came to us, because I already know ‘what’ he wanted.  The only question was ‘when’. And, this answered it.

Leo walked directly towards me as I looked at him, then he grabbed my elbow.

“Come.”

I didn’t even think about replying to him in another way than just nodding. I nodded. He let go of my elbow and I went to take my backpack and my black, leather jacket from the floor. I saw Jihae looking at me in a worried expression. As I went to Leo through her way, I patted her back, signaling ‘it’s okay’.

I walked next to Leo, and as we headed to walk outside of the practice room, he held my right elbow again. I looked at him. His eyes were pointed straight to the front doors of Jelly building. I shivered at the cold air.

“Wear your jacket,” he said, then he waited for me as I put on my jacket.

“Where are we going?”

“My studio.”

Soon after he answered, we arrived at the small parking lot of Jellyfish building. He dragged my arm again towards a black, fully modified Nissan Juke, opened the door for me, then went to the driver’s seat himself. I assume this was his personal car. After putting on our seatbelts, Leo started the engine and drove away from the Jelly building.

I, weirdly, didn’t even feel scared or confused. Just by knowing that it was him who sat next to me already gave me enough reassurance. I clenched my fist and paid attention to the streets around us. It was already dark, but the street lights were already lit and I was fascinated by the dim ambiance it gave.

 

At an intersection near Apgujeong, Leo slowed the car down, waiting for the red light to turn into green. The digital monitor counted down from 110 seconds. I sighed. This is boring.

“Sunbaenim.”

Leo stared at me.

“What kind of studio it will be? Music? Art?” I asked.

“It’s a recording studio. You’ll see,” he answered, while looking at me.

 

Wow, he has his own recording studio? That’s cool.

 

“Can you really make songs there?” I asked, starting to get excited. Well, I’ve always been wanting to learn how to compose too. Leo nodded.

“I could teach you once we get there.”

Yay! “Okay!” I chirped.  Then I lifted my left pinky playfully to him. “Promise?  I reeeaaally want to learn how to make my own music,” I said.

Leo seemed to be hesitating, then he lifted his pinky and connected it with mine. “Promise.”

I grinned. Then, slowly, Leo intertwined our fingers together, held my left hand tight and brought it to his lips. He kissed my hand, with his eyes looking straight at me. I could feel my cheeks burning. I averted my gaze to my knees, biting my lips.

 

Then, without even letting my hand go, as the lights turned green, Leo started to drove again through the main road in silence. His grip in my hand was still tight and warm, and sometimes he shifted gears with our palms together, not wanting to let go at all. I chuckled.

“Sunbaenim, just let go of my hand. We might crash.”

“I’m ambidextrous.”

I laughed. “I’ve never heard that being ambidextrous prevents any accident.”

“There’s a first time for everything,” Leo replied, finally pulling over towards a huge building and entering its basement.

 

He finally let go of my hand when he needed to park his car. I was fascinated by the way he controlled the car. His focus, his hands, his eyes, everything. He was so invigorating that I didn’t realize that I was smiling during the ride.

 

“What’s so funny?” finally he asked after parking the car. The engine was still on.

“Hmm? Nothing, I just love looking at you,” I said, still smiling.

Leo frowned. “Something wrong with me?”

I shook my head. “Nothing’s wrong with you. But you won’t be angry if I told you that.. you’re the coolest person I’ve ever met, right?” I said.

Leo sighed. He didn’t reply.

Then we fell into silence. Not an awkward one, but more of a ‘curious’ one. I was still looking at him and he still stared at me. Suddenly, he moved forward to me, ever so slowly, until my heart started to race. I instinctively moved back slowly as he was nearing and both his hands were around me. He was looking directly at my eyes, moving closer and closer, until his nose was just an inch away from mine.

But then I heard a ‘click’ and realized that he just unbuckled my seatbelt with one hand. I let out a huge sigh of disappointment.

“I can open it by myself, you know,” I whined. Leo then averted his gaze to my foot, tried to bit down his laugh but he failed. We both laughed. I laughed quite hard because I was embarrassed by my own dirty mind, but suddenly he muffled my laugh with his lips.

He kissed me, with a smile on his face. I closed my eyes. My urge to laugh had gone but I still smiled knowing that he was smiling as well. He kissed me so softly, teasingly taking his lips on and off my lips, with bits of soft chuckles in between. His knee moved near my thigh as he positioned himself better on top of me, and I leaned on the passenger door. His kiss gone deeper, but then he my lower lips teasingly, and funnily he pulled it forward until I moved forward to him as well. I had to held my laughter so badly as I didn’t even know why the heck he did that. But then I opened my eyes and saw that, even though his eyes were closed, his cheekbones were up high and he was half-smiling while on my lower lip. I pulled my lip away and covered it with my hands as the amazing urge to laugh that hasn’t been sated came back to me.

 

“Uff-BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH…” I can’t help but to laugh my lungs out.

 

Holy , why the hell did he do that…

 

Slowly, while avoiding my eyes, I heard that Leo started to laugh as well, and his laugh went harder as he tried to hold it back with his head down and his shoulders shaking hard. His laugh was so cute and fluffy to my ears.

Still smiling ear to ear, I leaned forward and held both of his hands. He was still laughing but he looked at me.

“Your smile is the best thing from you,” I said.

Leo looked startled at first, but the smiled again and he leaned forward to kiss my forehead.

“I really.. like you, Rose,” he whispered.

 

That one sentence made my heart felt like it was going to burst out exploding and pour out rainbows and banana milk.

 

We took off from the car, and walked towards the elevators, boarding onto it as Leo pressed floor number 20. Then he stood there silently, holding my right hand tight. I stared at him.

 

Well, this is gonna be a long ride..

 

“Sunbaenim, is there any CCTV in this elevator?” I asked. Leo stared at me.

“No, why—“

I tiptoed and kissed him. What’s the better way to spend time during an elevator ride towards the unknown place? Every minute I spent with Leo would be a waste if I didn’t kiss him… and it was 11 PM already. I smiled during my kiss when I realized that he was shocked. But then he replied to my kiss. Eager, hotter. He pulled my body to him, hugged my waist tighter and one hand on my jaw, cupped it, brought me deeper into him. I grabbed his beautiful and soft hair. He really smelled sweet like a cup of latte, and tasted sweet also. He moaned deep when I his tongue and I moved my crotch near , gripped my waist tighter.

At the 6th floor, I noted, he pinned me to the walls of the elevator, gaining dominance. He grabbed both my slowly, and lifted my body until he held me up. I circled both my legs around his waist as he carried me and pushed me to the wall, hands around his neck. His kiss gone lower, and he his trail to my jaw line, my lower neck, and then to my exposed chest. Yeah, I wore a loose oversized t-shirt so it was easy for him to access my upper body. He buried his head between my s and then marked it. I moaned softly when he bit a small part on my left chest and it. Damn, this lion.

We reached the 15th floor when he broke the kiss and I could feel that my knees had lost their strength. I let out a sigh of disappointment and he laughed, still carrying me, so I look down to him.

“We’ll continue later,” he said.

“Aren’t you gonna put me down?” I asked.

“No.”

“Oh.”

I kissed the tip of his head, and he rested his head on my chest, his eyes closed. I could feel my own heartbeat started to slow down as Leo had his ear on top of my heart.

“Your heart is healthy,” he said.

I laughed. “The girls said I’m as healthy as a horse.”

“A pony.”

“A zebra.”

“Not zebra. Lions ate zebras, no fun.”

“Then you should eat me, you’re a lion,” I said jokingly.

Leo frowned, and he my jaw in such way that it made my heart race again. “I’ll eat you. Later.”

 

We reached the 20th floor, then the door went opened. Leo still carried me on top of him as we went out of the elevator. He walked down the hallway while I grabbed his shoulders. There were completely no one in sight. Coast’s clear. Then he stopped in front of a huge double-door, pressed some numbers on the prompter, then without letting me down he opened the door and we went in.

 

My first reaction was: wow.

I gasped, and Leo brought me around.

 

The room was all grey and all glasses, all mirrors, it got me a little bit confused. It was styled in such a minimalistic order. There was not much of home furniture, only some three-seated couch in front of a fireplace. Next to it was a bedroom, all decorated in white and light blue color with lots of mirrors. We went pass through a small, yet comfy kitchen, a bathroom filled with glasses and then at the end of the room, there was one wooden door covered in some kind of thick fabric usually being used to muffle sounds. Leo reached the door knob and opened the room.

I gasped again. It was really a huge recording studio. Even larger than what Jellyfish had in their building. This time, Leo let me slid down from his body, with a smile.

“Sunbaenim…. Wow!”

Leo only smiled as he held my hand softly and brought me in.

“I’ve never brought anyone to this place, so no one knows about this. You’re my first,” he explained while staring at me.

I went full jaw-dropped.

The whole studio room was divided in two smaller rooms. One on the left was a nearly-empty piano room, which walls had been replaced with glasses and gave you a direct view of the outside world, which was already dark nearing midnight, but also emphasizing the beautiful street lights of Seoul. In the middle of the room, lies a huge, black grand piano with its cover closed, standing so gracefully, still leaving quite a lot of room around it. On one side of the piano room, lies a book rack filled with music literature and composing books, aside of that lies a table filled with stacks of music sheet covered in pencil writings which I suspect to be Leo’s private work. The floor was covered completely with a soft, fluffy and thick light blue carpet, which made me feel like I’m flying on the sky and was stepping on clouds. I was amazed and Leo knew it. Leo really has a good taste on everything.

The next room was smaller, and it has no glass windows as there were a lot of recording appliances. It was a normal recording studio covered with sound-suppressing fabric, lit brightly and warm. There was also a Macbook on a table with a lot of sound-mixing appliances next to it. I could also saw an acoustic guitar, placed neatly in the recording area, still connected to cables and amplifiers.

 

“Sunbaenim… this is all.. yours?” I asked in amazement.

Leo nodded with no expression as usual. But then he held my hands, led me to sit next to him on a chair in front of his black grand piano. I sat down.

“I’m no good with piano,” I said, looking at his face. He looked back at me, sneering with a grin on his lips.

“Liar,” he said. “I heard you singing while playing the piano once during practice.”

I was shocked, but then I chuckled. Wow, he really did stalk on me, huh?

“It was still a learning session.”

“It was beautiful. Was it a Japanese song?” he asked. I nodded.

“It was an anime soundtrack, sunbaenim. Utsukushiki Zankoku na Sekai, by  Hikasa Yoko,” I said. “Here, I’ll play half of it for you.”

Leo moved a bit to the side. I inhaled deeply, then I lie my fingers on the piano keys, slowly playing the song which I love to listen to the most during trainee days. The title means ‘this beautiful, yet cruel world’. It totally depicted my whole overview towards life, love and humanity. I started singing, and Leo never took his eyes off my face.

 

That dream is where my heart belongs,

And it’s something more fragile than my life.

Again and again, I abandoned and rediscovered it.

Now sleep peacefully, with my wish being ravished by my pounding heartbeat..

As soon as I’m on the verge of forgetting it, I immediately recall it.

 

In this beautiful, cruel world

We merely keep asking ‘why’ we are alive and living..

Ah, with this strength and this weakness,

If we no longer possess any rationality,

Just what are we protecting?

 

I finished the tone, and exhaled a long sigh after I sang. I didn’t even think about anything. I just re-memorized the keys, the lyrics and the tones and got carried away. I looked to my right side, and Leo still stared at me.

“Well, how?” I asked, shyly.

Leo nodded slowly in acknowledgement, eyes still on me, but he seemed like he was at loss of words. I could feel my cheeks blushed. I looked down to my knees.

“You shouldn’t look down at yourself,” I heard Leo spoke. I raised my head. “Huh?”

Leo reached my head, and brought me to him. He closed his eyes, smiling. “It was beautiful. Now.. let me give something to you as well,” he said. I nodded.

He let go of me. I slid aside a bit, and he started playing. After a couple seconds, I realized it was Ailee’s song, Heaven. Leo only toned down the tunes a bit to his preferrable key, and he also turned it into slower RnB beat. He started singing.

 

Where you are, I will be there too.

Where you go, I will go there too.

 

I smile for you every day, I pray for you

With thoughts of you, I fall asleep

I open my eyes as I call for you

You protect me by my side and you embrace me

You are my heaven.

 

You’re my only one way, only for you

I am thankful that I’m next to you

You’re the only one babe

You taught me love in this harsh world

I am happy with you alone

 

Heaven.. forever, together, never gonna be alone…

 

He ended his performance, and I clapped with my mouth open. Gosh… the feel that he gave into the song. It wasn’t only emotions. Somehow, I felt like he was talking to me.

I looked at his face with my lips parted, still being amazed. He looked back to me.

“That is how I feel about you,” Leo finally said, with a serious gaze.

 

What?

 

I can’t even speak a word. Was he really… or did he just exaggerate things…? But.. judging from his seriousness, he didn’t play with me. I blushed again. Could he really be…?

“Sunbaenim…”

Then he hugged me. Tight. I gave up to his arms. I fell weak, again.

Damn it. I never thought I would fall so deep in love with this man. All I ever asked for was just to be able to give him my everything, thinking that there was no possible way in world that he would ‘love’ me back for real. Thinking that only physical touch would be enough, that my heart won’t even get in the way.

Would I be able to keep my promise to only fulfill Leo’s needs without getting my heart involved? I don’t know. Was he serious when he said that? I don’t know.

I need to cut this feelings off, because I know if he finds out that I love him, I would be a burden to him.

I pulled off of his hug, and backed away, stood up from the chair. Even when doing so, my heart feels so heavy and painful. I could feel Leo’s stare at me, and I backed away further from him, my back thudded and I stopped at the arched side of the piano.

“I’m sorry, sunbae…”

Leo stood up, and walked fast towards me.

“You are not doing anything wrong. I am serious.”

“But, I can’t..” Why are you so ing weak at these things, Rose? I cursed at myself, as I felt that Leo grabbed my left hand and pulled it towards him.

“You are not assured by my feelings,” he said.

It was not a question. It was a statement. I forced myself to inhale deep, then I raised my face towards the lion that already preyed on my heart.

“Sunbae, I.. I don’t think that I .. I … I deserve hearing those things from you..” I stuttered.

Leo frowned. “Why? Because you wanted what we have to be only physical? Rose, it is impossible. We could work things out,” he said, leaning in closer to me.

I gasped. Could he really see through me? He knew what I was thinking?

Then, the feeling was there again. As Leo grabbed both of my upper arm, our faces got closer. I fell weak again. I can’t resist him. I totally can’t. So I just melt down in his arms, as his lips softly touched mine, my tears started to flow down. He realized that I was crying, and then he kissed both my eyes. I started to feel that it was harder for me to breath. I grabbed Leo’s shoulder, and I kissed his lips. Then he pulled off, looking at me with his serious look.

“Rosie.. you said it yourself. You would do anything I asked from you, right?” he said.

I nodded. “Anything.”

“Then be mine.”

I looked at him, shocked, tears still flowing it started to make Leo’s face blurrier in my focus. “Wha--?”

“Be mine. Not just your body. Your heart, your mind, your soul as well.”

He was serious. With only an inch away from my face, I could feel his breath. In that moment, I made my decision. I have to be strong. I have to observe where this river was going to, before I swam along its stream.

“I can’t promise you my heart.. I’m too scared to be hurt… But one thing you should know, I’m already yours since you accepted me back then…..” I whispered.

Leo stared at me intensely. “I won’t hurt you, you know that,” he said.

“It was never you who hurt me. I’m afraid I will get hurt by myself, once I know that.. that…. That I can’t let go,” I ended.

“You wouldn’t have to let go,” he said, fast.

“How could you know?” I asked, adding a slight challenge to my tone.

“Because..”

He didn’t continue. He kissed me, over and over again, and it wasn’t one of lust. It was desperation. My heart race, my head grew dizzier as he went on top of me. I leaned downwards to the piano, while Leo hugged my waist with one hand and the other hand holding my jaw, bringing me deeper to his kiss.

 

“…because I don’t think I could afford to lose you anytime soon,” after breaking the kiss, finally he finished his answer, panting.

 

I stared at him for quite some time, and he did as well. Our breath went in sync, our heartbeat became one. I, once again, became weak in his arms.

Then those words just escaped my mouth.

 

“I love you, Jung Taekwoon..”

 

I didn’t know why I said that. I didn’t know why it happened. I didn’t know how Leo would react to this.

I only saw him ducking his head down, then his face went up again, facing me. His eyes were red, and then he shot me a trembling smile.

 

“You.. don’t know how long I have wanted to hear those words coming from you.”

 

 

 

 

LEO’s POV

 

 

I will not hurt you.

I will never hurt you.

You’re not just a doll for me, Rose. You’re a flower, a wild flower that bloomed all of the sudden in my heart.

I will never ever hurt you.

 

 

“I love you, Jung Taekwoon…”

 

 

At those words, a sudden weakness spread throughout my whole body. I felt like a firework had exploded in my heart, pushing away all doubts, fears, anger and fright. I almost lose myself to it. I let my head hung down as I felt the edges of my eyes burning, controlling the tears that almost find its way out. But.. I can’t leave Rosie hanging. I need to be strong.

 

Why am I always so weak around her? Now I’m the one who wants to cry.

I lifted my face to her, forced a smile before tears start to take over me. I was… so happy. It was undescribable, how happy I was, because I finally found out the real reason of why she offered the whole of herself to me. It wasn’t of debt like she said at first. She loves me. That’s what matters. So now.. I could love her fully..

““You.. don’t know how long I have wanted to hear those words coming from you.”

 

Seemed like it was just exactly the answer she wanted to hear from me. I could see her cry. She sobbed, then she hugged me with all her might, holding me close with those thin, fragile arms of hers. I hugged her tighter than ever before. I don’t want to lose her. I didn’t want her to disappear. I didn’t want her to wither. Ever since I saved her when she passed out at the practice room, I’ve been wondering what is really happening with myself.

Truth is, if Ravi didn’t show her to me, I wouldn’t even know that she existed. Ever since I saw her sleeping on the dance room, I had already questioned myself, what was that different throb in my heart that I felt every time I saw her, why have I always been so weak every time we got close. When I bought those earphones for her, I got even more confused, have I really liked her that much to the extent that I want her to be happy with the smallest things?

 

Yes.

 

I cupped her precious face in both of my hands, and kissed her. She smiled when she cried, and it just made her look prettier than ever. I kissed her until her sobbing stopped. I kissed her until her heartbeat slowed down.

Then we both felt like losing our strength in our knees. We slowly slid down to the carpet-covered floor, and we lied down on it. She was under me. She always gave up so easily in my arms.. it made me want to gain control over her more and more.

My lips went down from her lips to her chin, her beautiful strong jaw, her neck line, and I stopped at the nape of her neck. She was swallowing hard and her veins popped out. Damn, if I was a vampire I would love to her blood from her beautiful neck. I bit her lower neck. She gasped, but then I ease the pain with my tongue, it over and over again. Now I know that her weak point is her neck. She moaned a stuttered moan and she grabbed my hair. I could feel that my member down there slowly went harder.

I opened Rosie’s black-leather jacket. She slightly lifted her body and threw the jacket away. Then she helped me opening my coat, threw it from my body. Seemed like we didn’t have any intention to do this , because of the open glass in this piano room would be dangerous for us. I went down and started to my way down to her s. I gripped her left with one hand and slowly massaged it as my member grew even harder on top of her crotch, and the other one. She let out a weak moan and dig her nails on to my back. I growled deep. I lift my body and went back to kissing her lips. She had already panted hard, catching her breath.

But to be honest, I didn’t plan on doing it with her all the way. I wanted to do something else with her. Something better, to proof her that I wasn’t playing around with what I said earlier. It was hard, yes, but I broke the kiss. I pulled away, and Rosie sighed, again, disappointed.

“I’ll take you home to the dorm,” I said, supporting my weight on both of my hands by her side.

“C-can’t we just finish up first?” she stuttered with her weak voice. y, y voice. Girl, you’re greedy.

 

Pull yourself together, Taekwoon.

 

“I have something else better for us to do,” I said.

“What is that?”

“Let’s take you home first.”

She shot a questioning look to me, then she sighed. I pulled her hand and helped her to sit up. Her hair was a mess.

“A lion’s mane,” I whispered, then I slowly caressed her hair. It was nice, thick and soft.

She scoffed, crossing her thin legs while staring at me. “You still remember?”

“Why would I forget it?” I said. I couldn’t even think of putting up any kind of expression on my face. Rosie sighed, then she lingered both of her arms around my neck.

“Why.. are you so perfect in my eyes… sunbaenim?” she said, her voice was muffled as she buried her face at the nape of my neck.

I was taken aback with her words. She kept saying that I was cool, perfect, her source of inspiration, the dream of every girl. Truth is, I’m not.

 

I’m not perfect, Rosie. You saw me crumbling down in front of the camera. You saw me unable to make friends easily with just anyone. I can’t … I can’t even give you everything. I haven’t even had my first love in the 26 years of my life.

 

You, you are my first. The past relationships I had with other girls went away so quickly, so meaningless, I didn’t even love any of them… but with you…

You are the perfect one..

 

I hugged her tiny waist closer to my body, biting down my lips as I felt that there was no way I could tell her about what I had in mind just now.

“Come on, let’s take you home,” I said. Rosie slowly took of her hands from me, and she nodded.

 

 

==

 

“What is it that you’re going to do anyway?” Rosie asked me in a sleepy voice. I took a glance of her at the passenger’s seat, and then my eyes back on the road.

“You’ll see,” I said shortly. I had a plan in mind, but I won’t let her know just yet.

She yawned. “Why do you have to be so mysterious, just like my dad…” then her voice faded away, replaced by slow, soft sound of breaths. I took a glance of her again. She was asleep, her back leaned straight on the seat, her head hung facing down to her knees. I smiled a little. She looked cute… maybe she’s way too tired after practice and a tour of my studio.

 

We arrived at an apartment building which was the place of her group’s dorm. After I parked my car in the basement, I looked aside to the rose who slept so soundly, her head leaning on the glass window of my car. I reached out to her cheek, and caressed it slowly. Her cheek was surprisingly very thin, and there were dark eyebags under her eyes. I sighed. How hard must she work…

“Rosie…” I called her name slowly, and she woke up that instant.

 

She’s so easy to wake up, huh… Ravi should take lessons from her.

 

 “Oh, we arrived,” she said groggily, and started to pick her bag up. “E-eh? Sunbaenim, you’re coming?”

Maybe she was shocked seeing me coming out of the car. She must’ve thought I would just go away after dropping her.

“Come on,” I said. She nervously nodded and went out of the car.

I locked my car, and then walked side by side towards the line of elevators in the entrance, and soon as the double doors open, we boarded into the elevator.

“Which floor?” I asked. Rosie then pressed number 11 on the lines of buttons with a shaky index finger, and then she fell silent next to me. I figured she was nervous. I stared at her for quite some time but she didn’t look at me, so I held her hand.

“Don’t worry. I won’t get you into trouble,” I said.

She quickly turned her head facing me. “What if my manager or-or my friends know what happened? They would’ve guessed on weird things..”

“Don’t worry,” I said again in a serious tone. This somehow made her fell silent again. She nodded her head.

Soon as the elevator reached 11th floor, the doors went open and we walked out of it, walking down the hallway towards Rosie’s dorm. During the walk I still held her right hand, which was cold and sweaty. I stared down at her face again. It was pale, and her expression stiffened.

She’s nervous. Really, really nervous.

Then we stopped in front of a big, wooden door with a teleprompter. Rosie pressed the passkeys with her extremely shaky hands, and then took a long, deep sigh.

“Do not say anything weird, let me do it,” I said. Rosie looked at me in a very scared look, then she nodded. She pushed the door open, and she walked in first. I was behind her.

As we just walked into the door, some sort of ahjumma-slash-angry lady had already stood in front of us, on top of the step.

 

“ROSIE-ING-SONG, WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN? I’VE CALLED YOU LIKE THOUSAND TIMES AND YOU DIDN’T—Oh!”

 

Lee Jihae, leader of Rosie’s group and Jaehwan’s ex-classmate in school, stopped her nagging as she saw me standing behind Rosie’s scared figure.

I’m pretty sure she was shocked to see my empty expression, let alone me being in her dorm at 1 AM with my hand, still holding Rosie’s hand. I stared directly at her. Even through her nagging and shouting of Rosie’s name, I could sense a certain panic, sincere thoughts of Rosie’s whereabouts. I knew Jihae was worried. Maybe that’s why Rosie pulled her hand off of mine and held Jihae’s hand instead, even though Jihae still stared at me with her jaw dropped.

 

“Jihae, listen to me explaining everything first—“

“Rosie,” I cut her off. She turned her face back to me.

I told you to let me handle this, I shot her a look. Rosie sighed, and then she nodded.

“Fine,” she said. “Jihae, I’m so sorry. But.. Ta-Leo-sunbaenim would explain to you…”

Jihae only nodded in shock. “P-Please come in, s-sunbaenim,” Jihae stuttered. I nodded.

 

We walked into the living room. The other members of their group wasn’t anywhere to be seen, so I’m guessing they were sleeping. The living room was nice, clean and neat, smaller than my group’s living room. The television was on, and on a table in front of the five-seats-couch and two-seated-couch facing each other, I saw a cup of coffee, steam still floated from it. Jihae was really waiting.

“Please sit down, sunbaenim,” Jihae said as she seated herself in the two seating couch. I pulled Rosie’s hand to sit next to me. I could sense Rosie being scared and continued to look to her own knees. I tightened my grip on Rosie’s hands, turned my head facing a confused Lee Jihae, planning to tell her everything that she needs to know. I inhaled deeply.

 

Why does this feels like I’m meeting my in-laws? Tch.

 

“Jihae-ssi, I apologize for stealing Rosie from your practice. I also apologize for making her coming home in such late hours without informing you. I will give any explanation needed regarding this problem to you manager too, if he ever asked any,” I said.

Jihae shook her head. “I-it’s okay, oppa, our practice was already finished and tomorrow’s a day off for us anyway. I was just worried about Rosie’s condition.”

I nodded. Then I averted my gaze towards Rosie.

“Rose,” I called. She turned her face to me. “I need to talk to Lee Jihae in private. Could you please give us some time? Go take a bath,” I said.

Without any hesitation, Rosie nodded. She stood up, and walked away towards a room, which I suspect to be her bedroom, and then she closed the door.

“Oppa, do you mind if I ask you what’s going on?” Jihae asked me hesitatedly.

I stared at her for quite some time before answering.

“Can you keep this unknown from the others? From your members and staffs at least,” I asked first.

Jihae hesitated, but then she nodded.

“Oppa, before you explain further, as I already guess on something… I think it will be easier for both of us if.. if you don’t explain everything completely. It would be easier.. for me, to know less. At least, to know only the outline is enough for me,” Jihae said.

In my heart, I’m glad this person understands. I nodded.

“As you wish.”

“Alright..”

I leaned forward on my seat, picking the right words to explain things to her. I decided to keep things simple.

“Lee Jihae-ssi, just consider that Rosie is my fiancé, alright?” I said.

Jihae gasped.

“You.. you had already..?”

 

I wish I had.

 

“Just to make it easier for you.”

Jihae seemed to be taken aback. I decided to explain more.

“Rosie and I have been in a relationship for quite some time now, and with things that had happened between me and her, a simple ‘boyfriend-girlfriend’ title seemed to just be an understatement for everything. Just understand that we are being serious, but we are also trying to keep this away from the public for as long as possible.”

“Then why did you tell Rosie to go? You could say this with her knowing,” Jihae asked in confusion. I was shocked, but then I sigh.

 

Because I think Rosie still not sure enough about my feelings towards her.

 

“Because she still has doubts, but I’m already sure,” I answered in a complicated way.

Jihae frowned.

“I still don’t understand,” said Jihae, shaking her head slowly.

 

This is just the same as telling her everything. Urgh.

 

“Just think about it that way, okay? Rosie will know when it’s time. We still need to work things out. And I might need some time to talk with her in private from time to time, but do not worry, I know my limitations. I could assure you that I won’t disturb your schedules or anything. I’ll take her whenever she’s free,” I said.

Jihae stared at me for quite some time, thinking. But in the end, she sighed, then she nodded.

“Alright then oppa. I understand.. sort of. It’s just.. we had just debuted about six months ago now, and our position in this industry is not stable enough.. and with our dating-restriction rule and stuff… I honestly don’t mind if you two go out together, but I .. have the biggest responsibility of taking care of my dongsaengs. If you don’t mind.. please stay out of scandals and stuff, I’m begging you..” Jihae said, looking at me with a sad look.

I nodded. “Rest assured.”

“I’m happy for you two, you know,” Jihae said, forced a smile. “If I’m at a normal condition, I would go for a total support for you two. I’m just sad that you two have to keep such a big and beautiful thing hidden.. But the no-dating contract only lasted for three years anyway,” she chuckled.

I nodded again. “I’ll make sure Rosie will contact you later if we head out,” I said.

Jihae nodded.

As I didn’t know what else to say, we fell silent for quite some time. But all of the sudden, Jihae started to chuckle, and then she giggled. I was shock.

 

Girl’s gone crazy or something?

 

“Oppa, seriously I-I can’t hold back. Do you mind if I ask you something?” she held back her laugh.

I frowned. “Anything.”

“Wh-whahahahah wait wait.. okay.” She inhaled. “Why did you.. chose Rosie? You must have knew her, like, you know, being hyperactive and sort of being the ‘horse’ that our group had kept for long, she’s practically our beloved pet like seriously..”

Jihae continued rabbling her funny thoughts towards Rosie.

I smiled a little. Horse.

 

“It wasn’t me who chose her. She was the one who chose me.”

 

Jihae went silent after I said that. Her jaw dropped again in amazement as she inhaled deep.

“Wow.”

I nodded.

Just right after that, the door which room Rosie entered earlier opened up, and Rosie walked out of it. It was really her bedroom and seemed to have its own bathroom. Rosie walked out fresh and steaming, seemed like she had just took a bath, with towel wrapping her hair, loose oversized grey t-shirt and really-really short hotpants, she walked towards me and Jihae in an annoyed look. But I could feel my jaw dropped at the sight of her long legs.

 

Even looking like a housewife, she looked stunning.

 

“What were you guys laughing about? Jihae, are you trying to make me jealous?” Rosie stood next to me, both hands on her waist.

“What the hell—oh!”

I stood up quickly in front of Rosie, cupped her face with both of my hands and kissed her lips in front of Lee Jihae.

 

Reason: I want to proof her that I was serious.

Result: a red, round, shocked tomato in my hands.

 

Jihae covered with both her hands and gasped. Rosie turned red, very-very red in my hands.

“S-sunbaenim..”

“Now you and your leader know,” I said, shot her a winning stare.

 

Rosie sighed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

* Jung Dong Ha – Mystery gave me lots of ideas this chapter.

 

OMG LEOOOOO

He's like, my ultimate bias in the kpop world.

 

BONUS COMING UP NEXT. THANKS A LOT FOR WAITING!!! LOVE YOU!!