CHAPTER 26: BLOODY MARY

MASTER'S DOLL

 

 

 

 

ROSIE’S POV

 

 

 

“Quickly!”

“Cradle her head, raise her legs. That’s it.”

“She’s breathing normally. I guess...” Eunhee sighed, wiping sweat off her temples. “Can we let her rest for a little bit? At least watch over her until she wakes up.”

 

Our dance teacher, Yang Wook-oppa finally nodded, sitting next to Jihae’s unconscious body.

“Yeah, yeah... You guys just take a ten minutes break.”

“Thank you!”

 

The practice period at the end of that day had to be stopped all of the sudden because Jihae, the leader and also the eldest, collapsed right after we finished the (probably) thirty-fourth time we danced our new comeback song, right after we finished our schedules that day. The key choreography was extremely difficult for us, consisting a front-mid air flip by me and continued with a scorpion dance. Even I had to do a solo air-kick right after my rap part, which I learned with Taekwoon’s help. The overall choreographies were just as our usual choreo went, lots of unique blockings and complicated moves, but we step up the challenge.

 

We had been practicing a lot right after our comeback stage schedules ended, and the song was originally composed by me and MELODESIGN team, and CEO Hwang gave me the honor to do the final touch. The song was a synth-EDM with lots of hype and heavy beat. We got lots of compliments on the lyrics too, because Gain and Jihae really poured their hard work into the lyrics they made.

 

And I think, Jellyfish really took my idea seriously when I said that I wanted the group to be the strongest-themed girlgroup Korea would ever see. I told CEO Hwang that I wanted CG to be taken seriously as a multi-talented girlgroup, not just a group who relied on their visuals, EDMs and selling their bodies with over-exposing dance moves.

 

Even now we were sort of ‘following’ VIXX’s footsteps, which was to start up our journey with strong concepts. Our concept for the second mini album was Bloody Mary. Actually Eunhee came up with the idea to start doing a horror concept after having a long discussion with CEO Hwang, and he approved it after seeing the possible outcome of the concept itself, which we figured nobody else aside of us dared to use. The challenge was, how to relay the dark and bloody theme without being deemed inappropriate and cheap. Even Jihae shaved part of her hair to relay the concept better.

 

Well, Jellyfish always managed anyhow, turned out to be perfect.

 

CEO Hwang and the production team said we were already perfect, and that the difficulty of this performance might be more than comparable to VIXX’s old Hyde and Rock Your Body numbers. I secretly felt very proud of my team’s hard work, even though I actually knew that Eunhee didn’t really like the choreography and that Jihae was struggling to catch up. Our comeback stage was set purposedly on October 31st, and now we entered the second week, results had started to show up. We immediately shot up to the top three nominees just after one week of promotion.

 

Even so.. I felt guilty for pushing the girls to do the challenging choreographies.

 

I sighed, kneeled next to the thin yoga mattress where Jihae lied. I wiped hair and sweat from her forehead with tissues, felt really bad for her, seeing her became really pale and unconscious. She had been practicing really hard, as our title song really required extra stamina to perform. CEO Hwang wanted us to be one-of-a-kind group, and to be able to relay our concept perfectly, we need to practice even harder than ever.

 

I drank a whole bottle of water, and stood up quickly, not wanting to rest too much because then I would feel even more tired to start again. We had been practicing for about five hours since we ended the comeback schedules back at ten. We can’t really blame the company for setting such a cramped up and rigorous practice menu for us.

 

“I thought I told you to rest,” Yook suddenly warned. “You’ll get too tired.

I shook my head.

“I need to get my air-kick better.”

“So stubborn. Alright.”

 

And we kept on practicing.

 

 

 

 

“Unnie, why are you limping?” Gain asked me, linked her arm with mine.

I shook my head.

“It’s fine, I guess I didn’t stretch well this morning.”

“Be careful please.”

 

It was at the end of the second week of our comeback schedules that the pain started to grew worse on my right knee. I managed to sneak away from Gain and went to take my stuff on the corner of the dance studio, while studying my reflection on the mirror.

 

But I have to be honest, yes, my right knee hurt really, really bad. Especially at mornings when I woke up and stretched, and I had no choice but to limp around. Though I’m glad that the pain had only started when we finished practicing for the comeback performance and just practice to simulate the performance better now.

 

 

“You better go to the hospital and check your knees. I’ll drive you,” Pilseung-oppa suddenly said.

I sighed, and nodded anyway.

 

 

 

 

“For now, I could only assume that your knee pain is related to muscle fatigueness. You have to rest well, and put your legs higher than your head. For now, it’s not yet serious, so I will only prescribe you ointments to relieve the pain,” the doctor said, as he wrote things on the prescription bill.

 

I nodded.

“Maybe the choreo you made for the song was too heavy for yourself,” Pilseung-oppa muttered next to me.

I sighed, saying thank you and bowed while we walked out of the examination room.

“I don’t know, oppa.. I just want to do everything perfectly, you know..”

 

Pilseung oppa patted my shoulder and told me to wait as he went on queue to settle the medical bills. I grew bored at the waiting room. I look around, and noticed that there were coffee shops downstairs. I stood up and quietly limped down the staircases, and quickly discovered a small coffee shop.

 

“Two house coffee, take away,” I ordered, my voice muffled by my mask.

“Sure!” the male cashier replied, with a cheerful smile. “By the way, I know who you are,” he suddenly laughed.

“Eh.. what?” I muttered, pulling my mask higher.

“You’re the scary girl from CG, huh?” the cashier said, while leaning on the barrier. “Rosie!

“Uh, yeah, right, you got me.”

“Man, my lil brother and I are your big fans!” he exclaimed. “Oh, and that would be 7.300 won.”

I pulled out my card, and courteously pulled down my mask. “Thanks.”

The cashier boy still smiled. “Yeah, you’re welcome. Hey, how about your boyfriend?”

“Huh?”

“I think you guys look amazing together,” he said, while handing me my coffee.

 

I was quite startled by that, but a small smile crept up on my lips.

“Oh... he’s fine, he’s in Japan now. I’ll tell him about you,” I chuckled.

The cashier’s face looked so happy.

“Here, a treat from me,” he said, suddenly stuffed three chocolate muffins into a brown paper bag and gave them to me. “I wish you guys a happy life together,” he grinned.

“You’re so kind,” I said, when a sudden idea came up. I put the food bags on the barrier to rummage through the things in my bag. Then I pulled out one copy of my group’s newly released CD. The cover had red, white and black poured over it in abstract design that implied a bloody, horror yet artsy theme.

 

“Do you have a marker?”

The cashier quickly nodded and lent me a boardmarker, and I quickly signed the CD and wrote a short message at the back. I took a glance at his nametag. ‘Hyun-Joon Kim’.

 

“Here, as an exchange.” I quickly offered the CD to him.

He gasped, and his thick-framed glasses looked like it almost slid down his nose.

“R.. Really? For me?”

 

I nodded, while mouthing ‘quickly, quickly’ because people around us had started to look at us.

 

With a faint gasp, he quickly took the CD with both hands while bowing and whispered his ‘thank you’ multiple times, until his cheeks grew red.

“Read the message, okay? Say hello to your brother too.”

The cashier nodded excitedly, and waved me goodbye as I put my mask back on and walked away.

 

 

“What was that? A sudden fan service?” Pilseung-oppa already waited near the staircase, and helped me climb the stairs.

“Nope, just a coincidence. Here, for you,” I handed him the coffee I bought him.

“Thanks. You seem happy.”

“He’s a good kid. I wrote a message on the CD too.”

“What did you write?”

To dear Hyun Joon-ah, live well and go for your dreams. Once you found someone you love, never let them go, okay? Say hello to your brother for me. Love, Rosie.”

“Hmm... not bad.”

I laughed.

 

 

 

“Are you going to Taekwoon’s place, or to the dorm?” Pilseung oppa asked.

“Let’s just... go back to the dorm, oppa.. He needs some time alone,” I sighed.

He nodded without asking further, and I put on my earphones, looking out to the street as we drove out of the hospital basement.

 

Well, what I said was about right. Taekwoon spoke less and less, now that we entered November. Even  when it’s his birthday in three days, last night when we met he was just... back to his old self. Private, cold and... detached. So I decided to give him some space for his own, and let him clear his mind, even though his birthday event would still go as planned.

 

I bid my goodnight to Pilseung oppa with an empty mind, and just subconsciously walked into my group’s dorm. Yet as soon as I input the passcode and opened the door, loud noises were heard from inside. I stood in front of the door stupidly, thinking that my jaw might fell to the floor.

 

“You let me bathe in the pool of my own blood, running down from my teared heart... You were the one starting everything-think-think!” Jihae held a water bottle and sung crazily while shaking her .

 

What the hell were they doing to our own song.

My song.

 

“You called my name in front of the mirror, asking me to come to you... one-two-three you threw me away, oh oh...” Gain, with a hair brush, sang the lyrics to our song, Bloody Mary while running towards me and pulled my hand suggestively.

 

I gave up and laughed, followed Gain into the living room where the girls were watching our performance from two days ago at Music Bank on the television.

Once again.. You called, I came, I came, boy I’m your bloody Mary...” I slowly sang my part, took the toothbrush Eunhee handed to me as my microphone.

“You’ve turned me into a weapon you’ll never escape from~!” Eunhee sang, screamed her high note.

 

Finally, the song ended, and we all were amazed at our own performance. I admit, I have never saw myself performing that well, and especially we all looked extremely beautiful yet scary with the lenses and the stage make up, even though our outfits were a little bit toned down.

 

“Wow, this song is starting to grow in me,” Eunhee threw herself to the couch, putting her head on Gain’s lap.

I sat next to Jihae, who drank noisily from the water bottle.

“What, you liked it just now, not from before?” I asked, pretending to be hurt.

“Well, I knew unnie composed it, but for me the beat was really too heavy.... but now I like it,” she smirked.

I pout, and threw my toothbrush at her. She laughed.

 

“By the way, horse,” Jihae suddenly pat my thigh. “What about the plan on Taekwoon oppa’s birthday?”

“Oh, right,” I muttered, and rummaged my coat’s pocket to pull out my rundown paper, and flattened it on the table. “Here, I got it planned. VIXX members will also be involved. So...”

 

 

 

 

 

 

LEO’s POV

 

So tired. Bah. I never felt this tired before. Is it what Rosie told me, that I was getting old?

Bah.

 

I snort whenever I remembered the way she told me that I was getting older. That girl. Just a mere thought of her made me want to laugh.

I walked through the corridor of practice rooms, yet stopped all of the sudden.

Someone was playing my group’s old song, Error on the grand piano room. The modified string version, the one that didn’t get released.

 

But that person was playing the piano really well. In fact, nobody else in VIXX could play piano that well aside from myself, and, well, Sanghyuk.

 

I opened the door to practice room 1, and instantly wasn’t surprised to see a head with untameable long black-and-silver hair.

 

“Why am I not surprised that you’re here at this hour,” I scoffed, taking off my coat and threw it to a nearby chair. I put my arms around Rosie’s waist from behind her back, and sniffed the flowery-bubble gum scent off her hair.

 

She laughed, yet she didn’t stop playing the piano.

“I got tired. So I came down here,” she said huskily while playing. Her fingers danced skillfully on the piano keys.

“You memorized this one?” I asked, sitting next to her. She nodded.

I just sat there next to her, enjoyed looking at her.

She has this particular expression whenever she was concentrating on something. Whether it was dancing or the piano. This.. cool expression that allured you to fall for her. Just like what Wonshik told me once;

 

If you start caring for her, there’s no going back. It’s game set. Just like how your fans fell for you, hyung. Remember the nickname ‘Le-Shin-Set? Starlights gave that nickname to Rosie as well. It’s Lo-Shin-Set. Hyung, it’s game set for you.”

 

I just smiled and softly kissed her cheek.

But I came to be overwhelmed and was lost in her music. The way she played the piano, the spirit she put into the music, into the arrangement, the way she raised the tone and lowered it down...

...it was all emotion.

 

I could somehow felt that she was pouring everything she couldn’t say into her playing.

 

 

She finally ended the song softly with a soft tune that sent me chills down to my spine, and turned at me with a smile.

 

As usual, she stared into me for a long time, studying me, running her fingers through my black, long hair, and carressed my cheeks.

 

“My kitty is getting old,” she said with a breathy voice.

I scoffed. “What...”

“You’re getting old...” she muttered, and held my left hand with hers. “We gotta soon put a ring on this finger..” she absentmindedly held my ring finger, looking at it.

“I’m not going to force you to do anything,” I said. “If you want to wait, I’ll wait. I trust you.”

 

She shot me a stare, and then she nodded.

 

“Then you’ll come to the restaurant this Saturday?” she asked.

I nodded. “Of course.”

 

 

She blast me a smile, with lots of relieve in it, I believe.

And I realized that I didn't feel tired anymore.

She was exactly what I need. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT!! Hehe I'm back into the game!

Oh, and those song lyrics i used here is really my own. I'm learning to compose too XD

I just update randomly whenever I can, cause the wifi connection here is really no joke. really, really bad.

Anyway, thanks for subscribing and upvoting! *bows really deep* *forehead touching the ground*

 

By the way if you don't mind, IF you'd like another Taekwoon x OC in an alternate universe, do check my new work!

It's an BLOOD+ anime AU, even tho I mixed it a lot :")

 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1012004/diva-vixxandocanddark