FILLER : STRINGS

MASTER'S DOLL

MAY, 2013

 

 

“Hello, Taesung-hyung,” I bowed deeply to the man standing tall in front of me. “Been a while.”

“Yah, Taekwoon-ah,” he immediately came and patted my back. “How have you been?”

“I’m sorry I’ve been missing practices, hyung,” I said, walking into the gym which was filled with noisy crowd practicing. “I have another promotion coming.”

“Yeah I saw your pictures allright. Nice shot,” he laughed mischievously.

I grinned uncomfortably.

 

“Just go get changed, or else you’ll get pushed aside by your junior,” Taesung smirked, but his eyes went to the corner. “She’s one tough cookie.”

I followed his eyesight, and got surprised.

 

That girl was there already, wearing yellow Nike sportsbra and black tights.

She was doing pull-ups, and I sort of noticed her hair had grew longer.

 

 

 

 

“Hey,” I said, while tying my own long hair (extentions, actually) back. It’s so hard for them to stay put.

 

She looked over her hanging arms, and jumped off the pole to bow at me.

“Sunbaenim.”

“You’re practicing hard,” I started.

She blushed, one of her hand jumped to the back of her head. “Yeah. The company wants to manage my image and I have to comply, so.. there goes.”

“Don’t push yourself too hard.”

 

Wait.. Did I just said that?

 

She nodded awkwardly.

“I’ll go back practicing,” she muttered, and with a quick bow, she went back jumping to her pull-up pole.

 

I went to the treadmill, which faced the giant mirror that covered the whole gym. With music on my earphones, I started running, when I noticed that she was right behind me.

 

She was building her upper body, I noticed that because the last time I saw her, her shoulder weren’t that broad. But it clearly did do justice to her overall appearance. I understand the company wanting to give her a strong and y image and she nailed it.

 

But I didn’t even understand why I was checking her out.

 

 

 

 

“Hufff...”

 

I finally sat down after a couple of hours, reaching for the huge water jug out of my bag. I took glances at the clock hanging on the wall. I will need to go back home in one hour.

 

“Done already?” a female voice, yet deep, echoed.

 

I looked over my shoulder, and Rosie sat behind me, facing the opposite direction. That was when I noticed she had a perfectly sculpted abs.

I cleared my throat. “Yeah. You?”

She nodded while wiping her sweat with her towel.

 

I carelessly swept my long hair back while packing up my stuff, sort of noticing that I lost my one and only hairband. Not that I need it that much, being a guy, but this long hair for my promotion could get annoying sometimes..

 

“Here.”

 

All of the sudden, I felt that a pair of soft, small fingers was sliding through the strands of my hair. As I looked on the mirror across the room, Rosie was tying my hair up, softly.

 

 

“You should be careful with extended hair like this.. it gets tangled up easily,” she muttered while softly tying up my hair. “There.”

 

“Oh, thanks,” I was.... flustered. And I didn’t understand why.

 

 

She smiled. “Good luck with Hyde.”

 

I can’t even respond to her, other than...

 

“What’re you going to do... after this?”

 

“Huh?” she paused packing her bag.

 

 

“I.. I’ll walk you home,” I finally said.

 

 

She smiled, again, while taking her sports bag.

 

“No thanks, sunbaenim, I gotta go to a tattoo studio,” she said.

And then she waved me goodbye.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

OCTOBER, 2013

 

 

“Huh, don’t you think it’s good? Hahaha.”

“Yeah, I’ve never seen anything like this.They worked hard.”

“Oh, Leo-hyung. See this.”

 

I sat down next to Jaehwan and Hongbin, who was busy watching something from their iPad.

 

“Our CALIGULA girls finally debuted,” Jaehwan said with a grin.

“Oh look at the short-haired one, that’s cool!”

“Yeah but she looked a little bit scary!”

 

I took a peek into the iPad, and directly saw the short-haired girl the kids were talking about. She just did a backflip during their dance verse.

 

“Daebak..” I subconsciously breathed.

"Ya, she's pretty but her dark circles though... Hahahaha..." Jaehwan laughed as a close-up shot of the short-haired prodigy flashed.

"It suits her, though, smoky girl concept much." Wonshik replied.

 

And they kept going on and on about the group's performance.

 

 

Honestly, I want them to stop talking about her so much.. restlessness grows in me as thoughts of her linger and I couldn't even comprehend what's wrong with me.

 

 

But... When it stop...

 

...Why do I feel so empty?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------

New chapter in development guys, coming soon.