CHAPTER 7 : FERRIS WHEEL

MASTER'S DOLL

MONDAY

LEO’s POV

 


 

My tongue still feels so bitter after the interview with Sports DongA this morning. I hate lying. I walked rushed by my manager to avoid the reporters as I entered my van, and drove away.

 

I avert my gaze to the road as memories from the interview came up.

 

 

“So it’s true that you are in a relationship with CALIGULA’s Rosie, then?”

“How long have you been with her?

I growl in annoyance.

“Once again I tell you, I am NOT in a relationship with anybody. I am currently focusing on my new musical and had no time to think about anything irrelevant. I hope you would pay more attention to the hard work I am putting in the musical. That’s all, thank you.”

 

I shook my head hard. I’m quite sure that sudden interview is going to be aired this afternoon on so many TV stations... I hope Rosie won’t have time to see the news..

 

 

 

I arrived at my dorm after one practice session for the musical and 4 hour – training for my latest Dream Team filming. My body felt like it’s going to rip down. Glad there’s only Sanghyuk staying in, studying for his college exam in front of the TV.

I throw my body to the couch next to him.

“Hey, hyung. How’s the practice?”

“.” I answer shortly. “I only have 5 hours to rest,” I said.

I close my eyes directly and exhaled a long breath. Sanghyuk chuckled and I heard him changing the TV channel. I think it was a variety show. I notice Jung Hyungdon’s familiar laugh, so I open my eyes.

Rosie’s group is on that show. The show we appeared on before, where Hyungdon-hyung tackled me to the floor. I sat straight and watch it, but only focused at Rosie.

 

She looked sick.

 

Maybe this was taped a week ago. Rosie looked tired, yet still vibrant, even though there were huge dark circle under her eyes. She laughed, danced, high-fived Deffcon-hyung while playing. Hyungdon asked something from her profile.

 

 

“So, Rosie-ssi, is it true you are afraid of the dark?” he asked.

She nodded. Then one of her members said, “She once passed out because the lights went out during practice.”

“What? Really?! It’s that severe?”

“Yes,” Rosie answered, “I’ve been attending therapy sessions but they don’t do much.”

Then Ga In started to do an ad-lib of our group’s song.

“I need therapy, la-la-la-la-la therapy~”

And everyone laughed.

“That is VIXX’s song, right?”

“Yaaa, you kids really are VIXX’s sister group, huh!”

 

 

I can’t hold this anymore.

 

I shook my head then walked to my own bedroom. Sanghyuk still focused on his books, but I can’t even walk straight. I closed the door behind me, and slid down from it to the floor, grabbing my head while unwanted tears starting to flow down, memories sparked up like gasoline being lit up by fire.

 

 

                                “Sunbaenim... you..?

“I was right outside of the room when I heard someone asking for help, then I found you. It’s alright.”

 

 

 

 

 

TUESDAY

ROSIE’s POV

 

 

 

“So it’s true that you are in a relationship with CALIGULA’s Rosie, then?”

“How long have you been with her?

 “Once again I tell you, I am NOT in a relationship with anybody. I am currently focusing on my new musical and had no time to think about anything irrelevant. I hope you would pay more attention to the hard work I am putting in the musical. That’s all, thank you.”

 

“Rose... should I change the TV channel?” Jihae asked, in a worried tone.

I forced myself to smile, then I shook my head. “It’s okay...”

“Don’t lie, Rose. I know you’re hurt. How could someone be such a jerk—“

“Jihae, he did this for me.”

“What??”

 

I sighed, then smiled.

“He’s saving my life... again.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

WEDNESDAY

 

 

 

“Hey, hey, HEY! Didn’t I tell you already? NO CELLPHONES DURING PRACTICES!”

“Sorry, sorry!” I shout back at Jihae, who stood there with hands on her hips. I laughed while picking up my phone from my bag, which is ringing loudly with VIXX’s Time Machine as a ringtone. Special ringtone for a specific person.

 

Kim Wonshik.

 

“Yes, oppa,” I said while running out of the studio. I waved at Jihae who shook her head in disbelief.

“Hey, Rose! What’re you doing now?”

“I’m practicing for the performance this Friday.”

“I see. Hey, I was wondering if you could accompany me buying some things for my little sister. Jiwon’s having her birthday this Sunday and I seriously don’t know what to get her. Are you free this evening?”

I sighed. Not this again.

“Well.. let me see... oh! Oppa I’m sorry I can’t, I have vocal practice this evening,” I made my voice sound regretful.

“Oh, that’s too bad.... but wait! What about Thursday? A day before the big day, no chance you’re that busy, right? I’m not taking no for an answer, okay,” he said forcefully with a winning tone.

 

 

Well, what can I do? I’d look worse if I lie to him.

 

 

“You’re guessing right, oppa. I’m free tomorrow.”

“Good! So, I’ll be waiting for you in front of your dorm, then. 11 AM sharp?” he said, happily.

“Sounds good to me,” I said, chuckling. This guy’s excitement is no joke, huh.

“Okay then. Don’t be late, yes!”

“Alright, oppa.”

“See you tomorrow,” he said, then ending the call.

 

 

I sighed, hoping for no more drama as I walked back to the practice room and threw my phone aside.

 

 

 

 

THURSDAY

 

 

I was just walking to the front side of the apartment’s lobby, when someone waved at me happily. He was wearing a black beanie, sunglasses, red and black tartan shirt covered with black leather jacket along with black trousers. He stood next to a black Nissan Triton. Then I recognize who he was as I walked closer towards him, unable to hold down my smile because his excitement was just waaay too cute.

“Oppa! Been waiting long?”

“Nope, I was too early,” Wonshik chirped, opening the door for me as I climbed on.

I put my seatbelt on and checked my reflection on a small mirror as Wonshik start the engine.

“Oppa, do you think I dress too overwhelming for today?” I asked.

 

He shook his head, while glancing at me as he drive away from my apartment’s parking lot. I do dress a little bit fancy today, lime-green beanie with my jaw-long platinum hair, black shades, electric blue turtleneck inside a black leather jacket with black trousers and the shoes that Leo bought me.

 

“Nope, you look great. Actually I think you would look just as great, wearing anything,” he said, after that he chuckled a little.

I sighed in relief.

“Thank God. I thought I chose wrongly today. Because your style is hip hop-ish, I need to match up, right?” I said. He laughed.

“You really don’t have to. We’re just going to shop today, but that doesn’t mean you don’t look pretty. I mean, how pretty can a tomboy get, right?”

“Are you saying a tomboy girl can’t be pretty?” I pout. He laughed.

“Nooo... I’m just kidding! I mean, I’ve never seen you in a skirt or anything..” he said, suddenly stopping his words, and looking, weirdly, bashful.

“Well... I guess someday I’ll wear a skirt when we hang out again then,” I said, challenging him while holding back a grin. He only laughed.

“Skirt or not, you’re still very pretty.”

 

As he drive, we joked a lot about so many things. He teased me about my hair growing longer and made me lose my boyish aura. I joked about how dirty the inside of his car is (and it is quite dirty). I could smell a faint aroma of cigarette mixed with coffee, tissues and block note papers everywhere, along with some of his precious hats.

“Oppa, do you smoke?” I asked in a shocked tone. Ravi threw a hand to the back of his head.

“Ehh.. yeah.. and I would really appreciate it if you don’t tell the boys.”

“No, I won’t.”

“Really?!”

I shrugged. “Yeah, it suits your style somehow. Also I heard you got a tattoo, huh.”

“You really are a know-it-all about VIXX huh?”

“Well, I’m a byulbit before I join the company.”

“What about after you join? Are you not our fan anymore?” he pouted.

“No,” I shortly answered, jokingly.

“WHAT?!” he shrieked. “WHY?”

This make me laugh so damn hard. Oh, this guy. “Because you burn that dalgona, that’s why.”

“Wh—when—OH! That’s ages ago! That’s not fair!” he panickly shouted. I laughed harder.

“I WAS JOKING, BRO.”

“AAAH.. SAY SO, THEN! Gosh I was shocked.”

“Hahaha...”

 

Then Wonshik turned the stereo on as we speak, and western RnB songs are played. I got myself to think, how easy it is to become close with him, to feel comfortable and cozy even amidst his mess. He’s a smart and warm person deep inside, plus his humorous side which makes me feel welcomed. I don’t know if he’s been like this to any other juniors, and I don’t really care.

Amazingly, he took my mind off Jung Taekwoon for a while. And I don’t even mind.

We keep on chatting about so many nonsensical jokes and Sia’s Chandelier played on the audio.

“OH! I know this song!” I unconsciously chirped. Wonshik scoffed. “Of course you know.”

“The dance in the MV was amazing.”

“Yeah but it gave me chills. That kid look scary!” he pretend to shiver.

I’m~ gonna swiiiiiiing from the chandeliieeeeeerrrr....” I suddenly sing, full blast. Wonshik laughed his off, saying something like ‘are you Tarzan’ in between his laughs.

 

We certainly did laugh a lot, and deep down I was glad I accept his invitation. It feels like he was slowly helping me to heal the part in my heart that Leo took away, even though I know that part would never heal perfectly unless Leo stays there forever.

It’s like treating a gunshot wound with taking the bullet out, and only cleaning the hole with betadine. It separates one pain of the other, making you sure what hurt you the most and what doesn’t hurt you, but you can’t just get over them.

But I refuse to think about it for long. I don’t want to ruin Wonshik’s day. So I laughed again when he joked about Sanghyuk taking a selfie with A-Pink’s Bomi, and how he was actually so nervous because he used to be A-Pink’s fan.

“Ah, too bad Sanghyuk can’t join us,” I sighed. I’m two years older than Sanghyuk, so I usually address him casually.

“Yeah, he was excited and all but he has this exam coming up,” Wonshik said while pulling over into a parking lot of a huge mall, which I happen to know, a mall that only holds specific high-class brands.

“Wow, I’ve never been to this mall before,” I said, while unbuckling the seatbelt.

“A cousin of mine has about three stores in here, and he said he would give us discounts on anything we want,” Wonshik casually said, as we get into the elevator and boarded to the first floor.

“Really?” I was surprised. Wonshik nodded while looking for the said store. “He’s a model. He’s really nice, too. My parents used to help him with his financial problems, but now he’s good as rain, and he always said he want to repay my dad.”

I nodded in amazement. What amazed me is not the inside of the mall, which was quite extravagant and classy, but Wonshik’s surprisingly humble and down-to-earth personality. I’ve always know that he has a quite financially-supportive parents and he himself already made huge fortune by making songs and raps in VIXX’s albums, but I have never seen this side of him.

 

“Yaha,” Wonshik chirped. “Here we are.”

My lips went agape. I thought that the store Wonshik mentioned would be a small store, but it turns out that it was one of the biggest store in the mall, and I know that this store is not just an ordinary fashion brand. It’s a famous franchise which I have seen a lot since I arrive in Korea years ago, 87MM.

 

And he said his cousin has 3 of them. Three. Of. Them. Supported by Wonshik’s parents.

Can I cry rainbows? I thought they only open pop up stores!

 

As we walked into the boutique, I felt so happy and excited seeing the kind of fashion it represent. Totally my style. I wonder if I could spend some money shopping for myself as we pick something nice for Wonshik’s sister. But now came another problem: I really have no idea what Jiwon look like or what she would love.

 

“Excuse me, can I see Wonjoong?” Wonshik asked the attendant. She politely bowed to him.

“Oh, it’s been a long time, Wonshik-ssi. CEO Kim has been waiting,” she said, then she took us to the office.

 

Right as we open the door, a fashionably-dressed, slender, tall man stood from a sofa.

 

He was the famous male model, Kim Wonjoong.

 

THAT is his cousin?

 

“Oh, Wonshikkie!!!” he shout, and as I walked into the room, both Wonshik an Wonjoong highfived and hugged shortly.

“Hyung, how are you?” said Wonshik.

“I’m good, I’m good! So you finally have a free day, huh? Being a Hallyu Star and all,” he said teasingly.

Wonshik went ‘aaay~, stop it’ as I stood near the door awkwardly. Wonjoong seem to finally realize me standing there and asked, “Umm.. by the way, who is this friend here?”

“Oh! Yeah I almost forgot. Hyung, meet my junior, Rosie,” Wonshik introduced us.

“Good afternoon,” I greet, then bowed to him.

“Aaah, I think I’ve seen this face somewhere,” said Wonjoong while shaking my hand warmly. I think this friendly warmth runs well in the Kims blood. “Say, did you do a photoshoot for DAZED&CONFUSED about a month ago?” he asked, in a curious tone.

I nodded. “Oh, yes, I did it with my group.”

“Her face made front page, hyung,” Wonshik said, with a certain proud tone in his voice.

“Ah! Now I remember. Girl, you better quit that group and be a model! I mean, with that bone structure, come on. You could do great in fashion industry!” Wonjoong said, while holding both my hands. I didn’t know how to react, and only mumbling ‘ah, yes’ while smiling. Wonshik laughed. I guessed that my awkwardness amused him. 

“So, what do you guys plan on doing today?” Wonjoong asked.

“We gonna get something nice for Jiwonnie, hyung, her birthday’s this Sunday,” said Wonshik, as Wonjoong escorted us back to the boutique.

“Oh, really? Send my regards to her then. Just look for two-three sets here, free,” Wonjoong said.

“Thank you so much, hyung!” Wonshik said.

Wonjoong waved, and said something about getting coffee. I walked towards Wonshik, while he’s taking a cool-looking beanie.

“Oppa, what’s your sister look like?” I asked.

Wonshik hummed, and took his phone out, showing a picture of a young girl. Her hair was so straight, black and shiny. She seemed to be very young, very pure, someone who doesn’t seem to like anything too dazzling. I unconsciously said ‘oooh’, while Wonshik said, “Do you think she resembles me?”

“Not really. But her eyes and smile look a little bit like yours,” I said.

“She’s prettier in real life. And she’s not the type who likes to dress fancy. That’s why I need you,” Wonshik said, taking down a sneaker. I raised an eyebrow.

“What do you mean?”

“Well,” he put the sneaker back to its rack and faced me. “You’re not the fancy type too, right? You have your own style, but you’re not the kind of glamorously dandy girl, and that’s what I like about you too. So I think you could figure out what Jiwon would like,” he explained.

“Hmmm... but I still don’t know if she would like my choices or not. Is she into skirts?”

“Not really, I think. She’s feminine but not really into skirts.. she’s simple.”

I snort. “Dongsaeng pabo,” I mumbled while taking out a cool-looking black sweater out. Wonshik seemed to hear it. “Eh, what?” he said hastily, and I could see his cheeks burning under his sunglasses. I laughed.

 

 

 

 

“Wow, that’s awesome, Rose,” Wonshik exclaimed, while I borrowed a full-bodied mannequin at the corner of the room to show him my chosen set. I smirked proudly.

“I know, right? Still showing her purity, but not overwhelming. I like the little bit of grunge sense in the shirt,” I commented.

“What about mine?” Wonshik showed me a jacket.

“That’s cool alright.”

“Right. We’ll take these,” said Wonshik to the attendant, who bowed and took all the clothes we picked.

Without forgetting, I also snatched a cool looking electric-blue beanie, a huge black and white jacket and an ankle-high boots which looked a lot like Christian Loubotin’s and a white turtleneck crop-top along. Wonshik already took the brown shopping bag when he saw me paying my clothes with my card.

“Woah, you really got style over there, babe,” he exclaimed, looking -- weirdly -- proud.

I laughed. “This is nothing compared to what the girls usually bought anytime they shop, and this is a designer’s boutique anyway,” I said, when at that time, Wonjoong came back with coffee in his hand. He then put his arms around Wonshik’s shoulder and mine.

“Done shopping? Don’t worry, you guys don’t pay here,” Wonjoong said while grinning.

“Eyy, not like that hyung. Just for Jiwon.”

I chuckled a little when I got my card back from the cashier. I also realized that, even when I wear a 5cms high based sneaker, Wonjoong is still taller by one head, and Wonshik was about the same height as him. I wonder if the Kims are all tall.

After a small chit chat, Wonjoong escorted us back to the parking lot, because Wonshik still have some place he said he wanted to visit, so we didn’t stay too long at the mall.

“Send my regards to your parents too, okay Shikkie?” Wonjoong said.

“Okay, hyung, thanks a lot, Jiwon would love this,” said Wonshik after hugging him. Then I shook hands with Wonjoong.

“Oh, and by the way,” Wonjoong stopped for a while and Wonshik froze near the passenger’s door of his car, “You two look good together,” he finally said, with a winning smirk on his face.

 

Oh .

 

Reactions ablaze. I could sense my cheeks burning, and Wonshik hid his embarassment (or happiness? I could see him giggle a little bit) by throwing one hand over his mouth, hiding his giggle.

“Ay, hyung, don’t say that, we’re nothing like that,” Wonshik said, shyly.

“No, but really. I think you should go out as, you know, street fashion couple or model couple,” Wonjoong said. “Rosie, right? You’re quite tall enough to be a model, really,” he said.

I could only laugh shyly. Damn.

“Okay then hyung, we should get going. People might see,” Wonshik said.

 

And he was right. A small group of girls already seem to gather near our spot, taking pictures of us. Wonjoong then helped opening my door. “Okay then, hurry. Don’t wanna get any scandal up, right,” he said.

 

“Thank you very much, Wonjoong-ssi!” I said, while opening the car window.

“See you next time, hyung,” Wonshik said, and Wonjoong waved as the car drive away.

We started out silently. But what I thought would turn into an awkward silence, turns into a cozy silence when Wonshik tuned his playlist into Wiz Khalifa’s old O.N.I.F.C album.

“Oppa, I like this album.”

“Really?” he seemed to be surprised.

“Yea, I actually bought the album back in 2013,” I said.

“Wow. I don’t know that we have a common sense in music,” Wonshik said. “By the way, Rose, why don’t you try to put on the boots you bought before? It looks cool,” Wonshik asked.

“Oh, you wanna see me put it on?”

“Yeah, try put it on. We gonna walk a little bit later, I hope you’re hungry,” Wonshik said.

I was taking the paper bag from the back seat, and putting the shoes on. They looked perfect.

“This is cool. Your cousin really has style,” I said, smiling.

“See? Told ya it’s gonna be cool,” Wonshik grinned.

“By the way, where are we going?”

“I have always wanted to visit this Italian restaurant in Gangdong-gu Seoul, but I don’t want to go alone,” Wonshik said. I hummed. “I hope there won’t be any paparazzi,” I mumbled.

“Huh? Oh.. I think there will be fans gathering up but not that much,” Wonshik said. “A celebrity owns it.”

“Really? Who?” I asked. Wonshik smirked. “You’ll know later.”

I pouted.

 

After 20 minutes driving and rapping to all the songs that I knew, Wonshik seem to have found his destination and pulled over to park his car.

“We’re here!” he said happily. I confusedly look around the area because I don’t see any restaurant anywhere. Wonshik seem to notice, and laughed.

“Come on, Rose, let’s go out first.”

I nodded.

After a little bit of walk, Wonshik finally said ‘yaha’ in front of a certain narrow-looking stair, and at its entrance was a billboard with the title ‘VIVAPOLO’.

“OH,” I exclaimed, eyes as big as a coin.

Wonshik chuckled. “See? You know right.”

“This is EXO member’s restaurant!” I said, excitedly. Wonshik nodded with a grin. Then he held my left hand, helping me to climb up.

 

The restaurant seem to be located on the second floor of the building, as the first floor was occupied by a clothing store. And as we got inside the restaurant, I instantly love the place. Really it was my style. It was cozy with warm ambiance. One wall was filled with EXO Chanyeol’s photos and all sorts of EXO’s merchandise, a whiteboard filled with autographs on the other. The rest of the restaurant’s furniture were set up a little bit ecletically. Ravi and I chose a seat not far from the window, and as we sat down, I can see why he chose this seat. It was perfect.

“Oppa, I really like it here!”

“Yeah?”

“Oh, I hope there’s a chance to meet Chanyeol sunbaenim.”

Wonshik laughed. “Too bad I haven’t got any chance to talk that long with him. Kai I know,” he said.

“Don’t force yourself,” I warned. Wonshik laughed again.

“No, really we’re friends. And Tao too, we’re the same age. But they’re one hell of a busy group,” he said while opening the menu book. “You like pasta or pizza?”

I turned the pages of the menu. “Hmm.. let me see.... I’d like a Carbonara Fettucine,” I said to the waiter.

“I’ll have Aglio Olio,” Wonshik said. “Do you want pizza too?” he asked.

“Yes please!”

Wonshik then busy choosing and ordering the pizza and drinks for us both. After the waiter done taking order and went away, he finally took his sunglasses off.

“Not many guests here,” he said. I paid a close attention to his face, without taking my own sunglass because I don’t feel that safe, especially after that scandal with Leo. Well, we’re not as popular as EXO but still, people would notice. “What?” he asked, confused.

“Oppa, you don’t use eyeliners today?” I asked curiously. I knew Wonshik always put on thick eyeliners because his eyes are single-lidded. He laughed shyly.

“No. There’s no need, right?”

I nodded.

 

We talked about VIXX’s variety, One Fine Day, which was so funny thanks to Jaehwan. Wonshik said he didn’t like the weather, and I about the duck pajamas he and Sanghyuk wore. Just as I was laughing, a couple of girls approached our table, and asking if he was really VIXX’s Ravi. He shyly nodded, and excused himself to me when the girls asked to take a photo with him.

 

I tried so hard to hide who I was by lowering my beanie and pretend to read the menu book again, when finally I saw the girls gone back to their table and Wonshik sat back in front of me.

“Sorry,” he said. I quickly shook my head.

“It’s okay, oppa. Uhm... while we’re still here, can you call me by another name?” I asked in a low voice. Wonshik raised his eyebrow, but then he seem to understand.

“I get it. Eh... Irene? What about Irene?” he whispered, looking as if he wanted to giggle.

I quickly nodded. “Sounds good, now I do look like that model.”

Wonshik laughed. “No, you actually look like Kiko Mizuhara with that hair and that style.”

Now it’s my turn to laugh.

“But why do you worry so much? The girls didn’t seem to recognize that it was you who sat with me... No offense, I’m not saying you’re not popular, but with the sunglasses, it’s kinda enough, no?” he carefully asked.

I sighed, really I don’t want to explain my whole scandal with Taekwoon, let alone creating a new scandal with another VIXX member.

“I just want to enjoy our time together without any disturbances, that’s it,” I said, forcing a smile.

 

Wonshik seem to be surprised, but as the food came, his reply didn’t make its way out.

 

And I was glad Wonshik got distracted by the food and drinks. It was delicious. I tried hard to make Wonshik happy today, as a form of gratitude for him cheering me up. And I wasn’t mistaken, Wonshik did look very happy throughout the day. Even more, I don’t understand but his face turned really red after I fed him pizza. He tried to match up by feeding me his pasta.

 

If I’m not careful, I’m afraid he would mistook me as giving him a chance to proceed further in turning ‘me and you’ into ‘us’.

This got me confused. I know who I love. It is and always will be, Taekwoon.

 

But on the other side... this guy who look so happy in front of me is slowly growing in me.

 

I feel rather affectionate about him, I really do. Him and Taekwoon could make me feel comfortable being around them, but they have different ways in making me feel so. Taekwoon would laugh to my sarcastic jokes, but Wonshik laughed pretty much to everything that he think was funny.

I couldn’t help secretly smiling as I watch him munching on his food, even though he was never the type to eat so much, unlike Taekwoon who pretty much ate everything and munch everything, all at once.

“Eh.. anything funny?” Wonshik asked, snapping me back to reality.

“Nothing,” I quickly said while smiling. “I just love to... see you happy, that’s it.”

“Huh?” Wonshik seemed shocked, he blushed, but his eyebrows are lifted high.

 

It was 2 PM and the day got a little bit brighter, as we finished eating and talking at VIVAPOLO. After a little bit quarrelling over the payment (which ended up with Wonshik paying for everything as he shot his winning smirk at me and I just sulk), we left the restaurant and got into the car.

 

“Where do you want to go next, oppa?” I asked as I put my seatbelt on and Wonshik started the engine.

“Well, where do you want to go? It’s your holiday,” he didn’t answer my question at all. I frowned.

“Uhh.. I don’t know too. I was actually hoping that you would enlight me.”

Wonshik cleared his throat, while his car audio playlist turned to Wiz Khalifa’s Up In It.

“What about the amusement park? Since this is weekday, maybe there won’t be many people hanging around,” he suggested.

I raised an eyebrow. “Really? At your age, an amusement park?” I giggled. Not that I hate the idea, though.

“Ya, I’m not that old!”

“Oh, ha ha ha..”

 

 

About 30 minutes later, we arrived at the said amusement park. Well, to be honest this is my first time going to one again in about 5 years. Suddenly I felt so old, but quite happy. Turned out Wonshik realized my mood.

“See? I know you gonna love it,” he grinned. I laughed.

We went to buy tickets, then went in. Wonshik honestly looked so excited as we got into several rides. At the rollercoaster, he might have unconsciously held my hand out of scare, because I myself feared nothing of the ride at all, as all my fears were about darkness. We got into the doll house ride, then we played in the Star Wars ride. He shot more enemies down than me.

“But the one there was mine!”

“No no no. What’s mine is mine.”

I pretend to pout. I start to like acting childish, only when I’m with Wonshik, maybe that’s because I love his brotherly reactions. Like now, seeing me being all sulky, he approached me and pinched my cheek while laughing.

“Ouch! Oppa that hurts!”

“Now, now. Why don’t we get something to drink?” he offered, while gently holding my hand. I really didn’t mind at all. I nodded with a smile, and we walked to a small shop to buy some drinks.

“Oppa, look, that’s cotton candy!” I pointed my index finger to an old man who maintained a candy stall.

“Want some?”

“Yeah!”

 

We ended up buying the biggest cotton candy the store sold, and walked around the park. It was already 5 PM and we got a little bit tired, but nonetheless, I was happy, and so did Wonshik. He never stopped smiling or laughing at my jokes as we walked slowly, looking at people and families around us. He fed me some of his cotton candy and I occasionally held his arm. We laughed at so many things, so loud until sometimes I have to stop walking to slap my knee and catch my breath while laughing so hard.

 

This is new, I think to myself. I never knew that it would be this fun hanging out with someone else other than Taekwoon.

 

Wonshik is different. Wonshik... fulfills every young girl’s dream date. He made everyone feel comfortable near him. And it’s not like I don’t know that he had a significant interest in me. I knew it from ages ago, but refused to think about it much. But now.. right at the moment I needed to be charged up, he appeared.

He held my hand, just like a couple having fun, and I don’t even mind due to the euphoria.

After some time, sunset was nearing, and Wonshik suggested we got into the ferris wheel. The park was calming down and playing some sweet, low music. I could scarcely heard BIG BANG’s Bad Boy was being played throughout the park.

I sat in front of Wonshik, and I silently laid my head to the glass windows, admiring the beautiful lights that danced in the middle of the night right down under us. We were getting higher from the ground, as suddenly Wonshik broke the silence.

“Rose.”

“Oppa?”

Wonshik seemed to be unsure of himself, but then he continued with a smile.

“How do you feel today?” he asked gently. I light up my face a little and smile.

“Today’s really fun! I had fun, oppa, really. Like, this is every girl’s dream, you know. Shopping, eating at nice places, going to the amusement park with someone like you...” I stumbled upon my words, “.. It really took my mind... off things,” I ended, weakly.

Wonshik sighed.

“Actually... I know what had been burdening you these days. I saw that article between you and Leo-hyung. Regardless it was true or not... I didn’t see you smile as much as we first met, and I don’t like it. I want you to smile,” Wonshik said. He then took both of my hands, holding them softly as his eyes met mine.

 

My mouth went agape, I was shocked. But Wonshik just smiled sadly. As always. He then took my sunglasses off, putting it away while sighing.

 

“Don’t hold back, Rose. You don’t have to lie to yourself, not when you’re with me. If you want to cry, then cry,” he said, my cheek.

I laughed awkwardly, forcing a smile, even though my heart felt like something grabbed it, and my eyes gone hot.

“Ah, wh-what are you talking about. I’m strong, you know, I don’t... I’m not gonna...”

 

But I was defeated with my own tears betraying me. I let my head hung down, tears falling on top of our hands.

 

Wonshik moved to the seat next to me, hugging me. He caressed my hair so softly. And I can’t even hold back my sobs.

“It’s okay... It’s okay...” he whispered.

“I’m sorry,” I said with a broken voice.

And I could feel his arms holding me tighter, hearing his heart beating faster. I can’t help my hands reaching his back and grabbing the soft fabric of his leather jacket. But I could regain my wits and calm myself down after sometime, and I pulled out of his hug, getting my hair out of my face. Wonshik helped wiping my tears away, and this time I noticed that he wasn’t smiling.

“Thank you, oppa,” I whispered, unable to look at him at his eyes.

Wonshik only nodded.

“And, Rose... there’s something else I need you to know. You don’t have to answer me until I ask you to.”

I was unable to say anything, and when I got brave enough to look at his eyes, he was looking straight to me.

 

“I love you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*** DONE!! 

I'm sorry I haven't had much time to update here, I'm currently doing my thesis and stuff at college. 

Here's a treat~