CHAPTER 17 : MAD SOUNDS

MASTER'S DOLL

 

 

 

JIHAE’S POV

 

 

There were four statues standing still, frozen inside the freezing-atmosphered dorm of ours, all stopped moving when Leo-oppa left. Nobody had the strength to say or do anything, and all of us just stared right at Rosie, who had fallen to her knees few moments ago.

 

The sharpness of her words from before had stabbed us all right in our heart, I thought. We really knew nothing about what she had been through back then. Gain and Eunhee easily believed in the words of our company staffs that made up Rosie’s accident, and I admit, I was a complete fool when I decided I won’t tell them about what really happened, and also not allowing them to visit Rosie at the hospital.

 

Rosie was in pain, all alone, and not being able to remember anything, even about her lost child.

I couldn’t even imagine how much of a hell it must’ve been for her.

 

And here we were, judging her.

Implicitly, stabbed her from behind.

 

Tears still fell down from Rosie’s eyes to the floor silently. She sat there, all messed up, not making a sound, not even lifting up her face. I couldn’t even bear to say anything to her. The girl who was so bright, so beautiful. I was so lost in my own thoughts, when suddenly Gain moved towards Rosie, slowly, hesitantly sat down next to her, and held her hand.

 

“Unnie... We’re sorry. We didn’t know..” Gain whispered, she sounded like she was about to cry.

 

Rosie shook her head, while Eunhee fell to the floor.

“Unnie... was it true...? You almost had a baby...? Leo-oppa’s...?” she whispered.

 

I could only stood there in silence, looking at Rosie, who finally lift her face.

 

She was a mess.

“It’s fine,” Rosie said, and shook her head.

Suddenly she stood up, even with trembling legs.

“I’m going to be out for a moment. Be back in the morning,” she said, and walked to her room.

“But, Rose, it’s two in the morning--!”

 

My warning was cut short when she shut the door behind her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

ROSIE’S POV

 

 

 

Maybe I’m too busy being yours

To fall for somebody new

Now I thought it through...

Do you want me crawling back to you..?

 

 

The streets were empty, cold, and dark.

A grotesque place to be at this hour.

At least that’s what my brain said.

My heart said it was a good place to be.

 

My heart hurted when I shut the door in front of Jihae’s face. I didn’t like doing so. But I had no choice. I needed some escape, so I went out.

 

Too many things happened today, and I couldn’t even focus my mind on either one. I just put on my long, black coat, white t-shirt and my ripped jeans, and strut outside with my earphones as my friend. A whole Arctic Monkeys album was booming on my ears, as I walked absentmindedly to no destination.

I knew I looked like a homeless person like this. But I didn’t care. I didn’t have a private car, I didn’t have money to buy tickets, I didn’t have the card to ride on any bus. So I walked. I didn’t even know where to.

 

 

After moments passed, I saw a park. I was hesitant about stopping there, but I went there anyway. I sat clumsily on a see-saw, opened a pack of cigarette, lit up one.

The smoke was calming. I exhaled long, as my MP3 player shifted into Arctic Monkeys’s Mad Sounds.

This song was my old time favourite. I listened to them, and Oasis, back when I didn’t even dream of becoming an idol.

Back then, when life was simple, easy.

Back then with that man.

 

Mad sounds, in your ears

Make you feel all right..

They bring you back to life.

Mad sounds, in your ears

Make you get up and down,

Make you get up..

 

 

“I knew I would see you here,” a soft, familiar voice said.

 

I was a bit shock, wearily lift my face.

It was him again.

 

Jung Taekwoon.

 

I could feel my heart fell to the bottom of my stomach.

Not to mention all the shoutings happened in my dorm just hours ago. I was lucky the girls held me back from hurting him.

 

 

And...

I felt so stupid to think about this...

But,

why did he had to look so stunning..?

 

 

It’s been a long while since the last time we exchanged stare like this, observing one another. I enjoyed looking at him in silence. Obviously he thinned down, because his black coat looked so oversized on him. His hair, gloriously longer in jet black, parted in the middle naturally. He shivered from the cold wind that caressed his georgeous black locks, and bit his lower lip.

“Why are you staying out like this, it’s cold—“

“Didn’t I hurt you enough..?” I whispered, cut him short. “Why are you here?”

“Isn’t it obvious? I waited for you. Two hours to be exact.”

“Why...?”

 

 

Taekwoon scoffed, and with a small smile, he sat onto the opposite end of my see saw, automatically lifting me up. I shrieked, as the sudden movement shocked me, and my cigarette fell down to the sands under our feet.

Taekwoon laughed softly at the sight of me being shocked.

 

“Hahaha...”

“Slow down!” I recoil and bump myself higher. Taekwoon laughed, again.

“No, you didn’t hurt me,” Taekwoon suddenly said, with a small smile, showcasing his pearly teeth.

 

Suppose you gotta do what you gotta do,

We just weren’t feeling how we wanted to

You sit and try sometimes, but you just can’t figure out what went wrong

 

My jaw dropped, and he saw that. He smiled, and continued.

 

“I think I did more damage to you than just shoutings and screams..” he said, still bumping the see saw up and down.

And then my legs lost its power.

 

Then, out of nowhere, somebody comes and hits you with an...

Ooh, la la la...

Ooh, la la la la...

 

I let Taekwoon control the see saw to his liking unconsciously.

 

How could he said that?

 

“Let me down,” I said.

I had enough.

 

Taekwoon looked surprised when my seat reached the ground, and I leap off, walking away.

 

How could you say that, after everything that had happened?

How could you still smiled, amidst everything?

 

Was everything so easy for you to forget?

Was it light to you?

 

“Ouch!”

 

Taekwoon grabbed my elbow and turned my body back to face him, with such power.

“Please listen to me,” he said. He didn’t smile anymore.

“This is not how you make people listen,” I coldly said, before my tears escaped their cage again.

“You know me better than anyone else, you know my methods, so please...”

 

I could only shook my head, letting my face fell down. Yes, he has always been like that, pulling people at their elbow to make them listen. Or just to make me listen.

 

“I had told you, not once, not twice, to never question my feelings for you, right? I... I was honestly feeling like I’m about to die when I saw you taken away, when I saw our dead child, Taegoon... When I actually had dreamed for a private, simple life with only you in it...”

 

His warm, long, spidery fingers softly touched my chin and lift my face to him.

 

“I... I obeyed Doctor Shin’s words to restrict myself from seeing you or contacting you in any way possible... Because he had reported that you could react differently to my presence... That it’s actually not helping you, but the opposite...”

“W-what..?”

 

Right then, my tears flow almost instantly.

“He...?”

“Yes. Your progress was not as good as we hoped with me staying at your side, so he decided to forbid me from seeing you, and it worked.”

 

Right then his arm brought me closer, and tighter to his body.

 

“You know I would do anything to help you. I would do just anything to help you recover. You know me, and you know I love you... are you still not convinced enough...?” Taekwoon said, and his voice stuttered.

 

I couldn’t control myself, as my body trembled.

Again, today, I felt a severe pain in my upper stomach.

One that made me sob, crying to be freed of this pain.

 

It hurt so badly.

I hadn’t realize that my palm had been fisted, and that I had started hitting Taekwoon’s back.

Even then he didn’t let me go off his embrace.

And I had no choice but to give up.

 

I hit him, with each sob.

 

I didn’t know why it hurt that badly.

I let out a muffled scream into his chest.

I screamed. As hard as I could, yet in the end it was muffled.

 

 

How I wished my lost child to be alive... so he could see that his father...

...is a very loving person...

...and that the mistake was all his mother’s.

 

 

Taegoon, how I wished you survived.

 

 

“You wanted to rewind everything..?” Taekwoon finally also sobbed, yet held me tighter in his arms. “If.. If that’s what you want, to... reset, everything from the beginning... then please... let me do it...

 

.. I’ll help you recreate the memories that you lost...”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Well, I listened to lots of arctic monkey's stuff while writing. along with oasis. lol my favourite.

I'll try to give out candy sometime. XD