FILLER: BREADCRUMBS

MASTER'S DOLL

 

 

 

 

 

LEO’S POV

 

 

 

I took a glance to my wristwatch, and it was 2 AM already. Still half an hour to wait for her, so I casually took a sip on my espresso. Even so, I had already ordered small deserts for the two of us, because despite everything that has happened, I still remember her favourite white-flour pancake with vanilla ice cream, sweet french pastries and sweet, hot matcha latte. Although this time, maybe she would smoke all through our meeting.

Even to just think of seeing her here, on such a cutely-decorated pancake house in the middle of the night made me happy. It felt like I was going to meet her the first time, again. The exciting anxiety of guessing how she would look, what she would wear, what to talk about and such. Funny. But I kept reminding myself that, although I love her vice versa, the things between us might not be the same anymore.

 

I was so lost in thought until I didn’t recognize someone had been standing in front of me a few moments ago.

 

 

“You’re early,” she said, taking a glance of my half-empty coffee cup.

“Fashionably,” I said, standing up.

 

As usual, I couldn’t waste any second not observing her appearance. She has turned to be even more beautiful than before. She hasn’t lose her faint, masculine aura, but it only made her appear to be even more charming, I think. And, what a surprise, we dressed alike tonight.

She wore a black, high waisted long skirt that fitted her body line along with a white crop tee and ankle boots, covered everything with a brown oversized outer.

In short, yes, she was very beautiful.

 

 

She had came a long way up since the first time I saw her in the practice room.

 

“Are you on a diet?” I asked first when we sat down face to face.

She shook her head, and looked a little bit excited when her matcha latte came.

“Then how come you look so thin now..?” I asked, hesitantly.

Rosie raised one eyebrow as she shot me a weird look from the top of her cup, not answering yet.

 

Well, this is new.

Now I’m the talkative side, huh.

 

“I’m 43 kilos now,” suddenly Rosie said, after being drown in her latte.

I choked on my espresso.

“Height, 171 cms, weight, 43 kilograms. Rosie, that’s not healthy!”

 “I don’t have much appetite lately,” she shrugged.

“Then what can I do to help you get your appetite back?”

“I don’t even understand why you have to help me at that. I don’t need it anyway.”

“I like you now, you’re very beautiful, but later when I get to cuddle with you, I want to cuddle with a healthy woman, not a walking stick,” I said, while calling the waitress, signalling them to bring our meal.

 

Rosie snort.

 

“That’s not very polite. Besides, who said you could cuddle with me tonight?”

I laughed.

 

The pancakes came eventually, along with sweet and savory french pastries on a pretty stand that I ordered for Rosie. As the restaurant played along CRUSH’s Oasis, I laughed yet again at Rosie’s reaction when the sweets came.

 

“Is these all..?”

“For you,” I said with a flat expression.

She took a bite, and her tired eyes widened, as I munched on my pancake.

 

“Is it good? Guess who helped you bring your appetite back,” I smirk, took a pink macaron from Rosie’s stand.

Rosie hummed.

“With this, sir, you could earn a ticket to cuddle at the eighth date. Only cuddling. Nothing more,” she said, still enjoying her pancake with some sort of excited expression.

 

I was amazed at how fast her mood changed just by sweet bread.

Maybe I should have brought french pastries when I came and being shouted at in her dorm back then. Heh.

 

“So, I take the next date will be yours to plan out, next week?” I asked jokingly, as Rosie took a picture of the cute macaron plate with her phone.

“Hmm, yeah, maybe. Be sure to be surprised.”

“Knowing you, maybe I won’t.”

“You really do became very talkative nowadays, huh?” Rosie turned at me, with a smirk and a raised eyebrow. I shrugged.

 

 

 

 

 

“Let me take you home,” I said, helping her with her coat as we walked to the parking lot.

“Can I drive?” Rosie suddenly asked.

It was my turn to raise my eyebrow. “This is new. I didn’t know you could drive.”

“Almost three years dating, and you don’t know, huh... I can.”

 

Seeing her serious looks, I sighed and gave the keys to her. She instantly looked happy.

 

“Is this the new car?” she commented.

“Yeah. Kept the old one in the basement though.”

“I never knew you had a good taste in cars,” Rosie commented, walked to the front of my car. “May I?”

“Go ahead,” I said, leaning to the side.

 

It was a black, 2015 Chevy Corvette Stingray, one that I had my eyes on since last year. I had a normal car before, but I figured that with my income, I wanted something ‘fresh’ to drive in nowadays.

Especially when I have this lady here. The lady who was checking on my engine with a certain excitement mapped clearly on her expression.

 

“Cool. V8 engine, 450 horsepower or more, huh? Nice.. I never knew you’re into speed,” she said, closing the cap to the engine.

“There’s so many things we don’t know about each other yet, huh...” I muttered.

“Yes, such as, I used to do underground street races back in my home country,” Rosie chuckled as she got into the car.

“What?!”

 

Rosie nodded, looking at me with such a psychotic smile that turned into a smirk.

“Mr Jung, tonight I’ll let you know that I’m not much of a ‘nice and pure’ woman.”

“Uh... How are you going to do that..?”

 

 

My brother down there got excited as well.

.

 

 

“Just watch and learn. Well... this is nice,” she started the engine, and, surprisingly enough, drove smoothly into the main roads. “Can I set the roof down?” she asked.

 

I nodded, and as she found the right control panel, the roof was set down. This seem to excite her.

 

How I dream of moments like this months ago. Seeing the wind playing with her beautiful locks, as her eyes twinkle in excitement. I studied her expression, and I instantly knew that she really was not a newbie when it comes to fast cars and empty roads.

 

I was... allured by the way she drove. I mean, it was my car yet I didn’t think I’ve enjoyed driving in it as much as Rosie did. Or maybe she was just happy, being able to drove along the lonely streets of Seoul after such a long time being caged in the same dance studio for years.

The way Rosie drove was no amateur, as she softly changed gears and evaded other road users that blocked her way, and easily raised or lower the speed without me having to feel any slight discomfort as she shifted gears.

 

“Can I smoke?” Rosie asked, as we stopped on a red light. I nodded.

She casually lit a cigarette and enjoyed smoking, not even noticing me watching over her every move.

 

I usually despise the kinds of girls who smoked and drank. In my eyes, those things were not graceful for a woman to do, and a degrading aspect of life. Yet, when it’s her who smoked, I don’t know...

The way she let her cigarette stay in between her lips was... unintendedly y.

 

I shift my position in my seat uncomfortably, as the front of my pants got tighter.

I really got to distract myself.

Damn.

 

 

“Wh-what do you mean, you raced?” I asked, but weirdly my voice sounded so nervous.

 

Get a hold of yourself, Jung Taekwoon!

 

“Oh, you know, out of the members, I’m the one who graduate college first before becoming a trainee right?”

“I think out of most idols I know, you’re the only one.” Clever girl.

“Uh-huh. So, I was an accelerate student. My grades were great, but things I did outside of school was something that could get me into the juvy. I was into cars, and my father has this old Mustang he kept locked away in the garage of our house. At nights, I snuck out to race with it and won a couple of times. Never really got into trouble, though. I was 16-17 back then.”

 

I shook my head. “Not a good past, missy.”

Rosie laughed.

“I know.”

 

I could only sigh.

 

“I never knew that VIXX guys are also down to earth,” she said, while rising her speed in the empty main road.

 

I was drown in my own thoughts as I continued looking at her.

 

“Huh.. Down to earth?”

“You guys got cool cars, high-class apartments but never show it to the public, right? I saw Hakyeon-oppa’s CLS-Class. Wonshik-oppa has a Hummer H3. And, Jaehwan oppa had, what, Dodge?”

Durango. He drove me home once in it.”

“Right, right. You guys have a great taste in cars.”

 “Hmm... I thought nobody knew about those. I like Hakyeon’s very much.”

“At first I thought they were one of the company’s cars. But I saw Hakyeon-oppa drove it himself more and more.”

“It’s his dream car.”

“Hoo..” Rosie exclaimed softly as she entered the highway. “How fast could this baby go?”

 

Suspicions arose in my mind.

 

“And why would you like to know that?”

“Nothing, just answer me,” Rosie laughed, as she shifted gears.

“Hmm... zero-to-sixty mph in 3.8 secs according to the brochure, never tried it though.”

 

Rosie laughed when I said ‘according to the brochure’.

 

“Not disappointing. But you should wake this baby up,” she suddenly said, casually lit another cigarette while driving into the fast lane, and rising the top back.

 

Oh this can’t be good.

 

“Are you going to..”

“Maybe.”

 

Rosie took a quick glance at my challenging expression, and she laughed.

 

“You, sir, have to try having some time off to enjoy your own ride, get to know it, so you could fully appreciate what you have invested in.”

“Meaning?”

“Well..” she shifted gears, and I sort of noticed we went faster. “Buying sweet, fast cars is also a form of investment of your hard-earned money. Don’t you want to know what your money does? You got a car, you got to love it. Don’t let it be just some sort of an accessory to your status as an underground rich celeb.”

 

I nodded. I sort of understand what she meant by saying those things.

 

“Well.. the ride to your dorm is still one hour away in normal speed,” I mumbled, yet hoping she knew what I meant.

 

Rosie laughed.

So she got it.

 

“Do I have the permission to?”

“Permission granted,” I nodded.

 

God I really want to see her race.

 

“Sit tight, then.”

 

My pants had already been tighter than it was, if that’s what you’re talking about.

 

I leaned back after turning on the MP3 player on the dash, casually sang to our group’s After Dark. Not many people knew that Wonshik also laid his hands on this song, and the ending product was way different than we first got it.

 

And without me noticing, Rosie has shifted to the top gear. At this hour, there were scarcely so little amount of cars driving ahead of us, and Rosie quickly reached 200 km/hr at this point, and not even slowing down.

I must admit, I was amazed by her skillfull driving. She evaded buses and trucks easily without even lowering her speed, and reached the emptiest lane in no time.

 

I’ve never enjoyed a car ride as much as this one.

 

“Be sure not to miss the exit,” I warned her. It was half past three in the morning.

“Actually, I am planning to,” she cunningly said, with a smirk on her lips. “Next date, now.”

 

And we went faster, as I laughed.

Honestly I didn’t even know what this girl had in mind.

 

She did skipped the first exit, to her own dorm, and obviously aiming to the fourth exit.

One to my studio.

 

You’re so cold, you won’t give me your heart

Maybe that’s why I’m even more attracted to you

 

“What, am I cold?” Rosie suddenly said, lowering her speed.

“It’s just a song,” I said.

 

It’s brightness

I’m in danger as I wait for you...

 

“You know, I set this song as your ringtone in my phone,” Rosie said, as we exit the highways. “What a coincidence.”

“Maybe it’s not even a coincidence. Why did you set it as my ringtone?”

“Because... Well, back then, I think of you exactly as the lyrics went.”

“Why?”

“I wait for you to pick me up every night, while my manager got angry as I never got back to the dorm in time, and in the morning... you’re gone, and even when we passed by in a same event, we pretended not to know each other,” she said, taking a sharp left turn.

 

I was left speechless when Rosie sang along to Ken’s part in the song.

 

“When this night passes

And I can’t see you again

I can’t stand it..”

 

“I’m looking again for you, who is lingering somewhere else

I’m afraid...

After dark..”

 

“Is this going to be how we talk to each other? By singing?” Rosie finally laughed.

“Maybe we should be Bollywood stars by now if we do,” I replied. “What time is your schedule tomorrow?”

“I have to be at the salon at 5.30, maybe six.”

“I’ll take you there earlier,” I said.

 

Her expression turned dark.

“Don’t you think we left enough breadcrumbs today...?”

 

I get it. She’s still not comfortable enough, even though we had revealed our relationship to the public. I put my hand on her thigh, looking straight at her.

“Rosie, are we really going to talk about this again?”

“I’m scared.” She finally muttered, still focused on driving.

I will drive you tomorrow, and everything will be alright,” I didn’t notice my voice had changed, forcing her to agree.

 

She remained silent until we drove out of the bridge, and pulled over.

She was trembling.

 

“Taekwoon... please promise me you’ll keep me strong,” she whispered, tremors all over her body.

 

I pulled her into my embrace. “As long as you promise to be mine.”

“I have always been yours.”

“Then don’t stop... don’t stop, until I found the perfect ring for you.”

 

Rosie lift her face, looking straight into my eyes, surprised.

 

 

 

 

 

This is your idea of... of a... date...?” honestly I was totally confused.

“Yeah,” Rosie said, while taking off her coat, throwing it to the floor. “Up next, more so.”

 

We stood in silence at my living room, as I was utterly, utterly confused of what she wanted to do. But after a few moments, her intentions turned more than obvious, to me at least.

 

 

 

She wanted to cook.

 

 

 

We just ate,” I whined, especially when Rosie ran to my kitchen with a laughter.

“It was just sweets. We need real food. Besides you told me to stop dieting, right? Here I am,” she giggled.

 

I sighed.

“That’s not what I mean—“

“Hey, the meal order’s been messed up anyway. Just relax. In two hours I will serve you the best night combo you’ll ever have,” Rosie said, while rummaging for ingredients from the grocery bag.

 

I raised both of my hands and shook them while walking towards my closet, changing my clothes.

 

But I couldn’t help giggling, remembering things that happened almost an hour ago.

 

The funny thing?

Imagine a Corvette pulled up in front of a grocery store in the middle of the night, plus Rosie’s excitement when picking up octopuses and meat. The whole car smelled like a butcher’s shop.

 

THE. WHOLE. CAR. SMELLED. LIKE. MEAT.

 

But, it’s her, so I didn’t really care.

I sat down on the counter, watching her starting to cook happily. I laughed when she even still had time to turn on the music player in my living room, playing my group’s songs, and she became even more excited when the song ‘Ottokaji’ was played. She sang along to it, wiggling her around while cutting and whisking.

 

I sighed, and later couldn’t held back chuckling at the sight of Rosie excitedly put her first dish on the table. My favourite kalguksu, chicken noodle soup, along with a plateful of fermented kimchi and warm rice. And in another 20 minutes, she quickly whipped up nakji bokkeum, spicy stir-fried octopus. She hummed along to my song, Say U Say Me.

While she was busy cooking, I walked up to her from behind, and put my arms around her waist, which was way smaller than it used to.

 

“You really had lost so much weight,” I said, putting my chin on her right shoulder.

“Uh-huh.”

 

I felt a tad bit sleepy, even though I actually was still hungry, so I sang the lyrics to the song in order to wake myself up.

 

And I sort of realized that Rosie smelled like bubblegum instead of cigarette.

 

When you opened the door and came in, I was shocked

I doubt my eyes

I can’t believe it, a great happening

That kid was you

Now you became a woman

 

Your pink sneakers became thrilling high heels

Your short hair and school uniform became long straight hair and a miniskirt

Say U say Me, my heart is burning up

Say U say Me, when I see you I go yeah yeah yeah

 

Do you know, girl?

 

 

“Are you singing this on purpose?” Rosie laughed as she put the dish on the table.

 

I shook my head, but my wide grin betrayed me. I laughed.

“Let’s eat.”

 

 

Her cooking skills really had improved very much since the last time she cooked for me, I think. I couldn’t control myself from eating so much, and had asked for my second plate of rice when Rosie only watched me eating with a soft smile on her face. God I love her cooking.

“Are you not gonna eat?” I asked, while busy munching.

She shook her head. “I can’t eat spicy food.”

“The kalguksu isn’t even spicy.”

“I’m full.”

“Always a way out,” I frown, sipping the soup. She laughed, again.

 

Until I told her I was really full, she ate a little, and then we both washed up the dishes.

 

“You really had changed a lot,” I said.

Rosie turned to me. “No I’m not.”

“Yes you are. Can’t you remember? Back then, your head was shaved, with ripped jeans, chestbinders, fake tattoos, boots and such... Now your hair is long, and look! You wear skirts,” I laughed, putting the wet plates into the dryer.

“Well, I guess I have grown up a little bit too,” Rosie finally shrugged, leaning on the kitchen counter.

 

I studied her appearance, as she leaned on the kitchen counter daringly.

 

Oh, I get what she meant, especially with that smirk of hers.

 

“I grew up on certain parts too,” she whispered, sitting up onto the counter, teasingly crossing her legs so I could clearly see her thighs through the slit of her skirt.

“Are you really going to do this to me..?” I asked, blankly, while throwing my napkin away and walked towards her.

 

She looked down to my face, cupped my cheeks with both of her hands.

 

“Well... since you’re going abroad tomorrow... I want to give you a lucky charm, so you’ll always remember me,” she whispered, her lips falling closer to mine. “It’s totally numb inside my head, it’s an absolute chaos...” she suddenly sang, her lips ghosting on mine.

 

Oh, I know what this song was about.

 

Even by one small gesture you’ll win, I’m K.O-ed.. My cold logic and common sense are all totally destroyed...” I sang on a low tone, as her tongue played with my lower lips.

 

With a slight moan, she kissed me fully on my mouth, and I took no time letting her tongue danced with mine. Unconsciously, I was in between her thighs as she brought me closer. My hands travel to her waist, going down to her lovely , as I grabbed them and carried her to my bedroom.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Have you seen Leo in that glorious Vneck?

 

BEAUTIFUL LIAR IS WONTAEK's OFFICIAL MV Y'ALL. WONTAEK PLS JUST GET A ROOM.

 

DAT WAS THEIR BED FACES OKAY. SRSLY THEY'RE MY ULTIMATE OTP.

Mmm.. guess what? I'm coming up with a short wontaek shot. 

I'll post it later. XD