Chapter 26 - Lost

From Riches To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Hye Jin's POV

I quickly distanced myself between me and Sehun and I jogged the rest of the way, leaving sehun behind. The school was buzzing with people each gossiping with friends, some making out with boyfriends, while others, well, they just like to be alone.

I was nearly inside the building when I felt an arm pull me.

"Ow!" I shouted rubbing my arms to see a pair of scary eyes looking back at me. 

"What do you think your doing?" Hae Na whispered loudly. "Why are you walking with Sehun oppa? Do you know how ridiculous that is? You are not only jeopardizing Sehun oppa's reputation, but mine as well!" She exaggerated putting a hand over her heart.

"As your step-sister, I don't want to spend the rest of my high school days in loser town." She smirked and the group of girls she calls her 'gang' all snickered behind her. 

I rolled my eyes. "Then don't act like one." I said and walked away hearing a shriek from Hae Na. The school was still full of activity. Unlike most days I'm early today and so the hallways were still full of blabbering teens. I head over to my locker to get my book for the day when I find someone already leaning on it.

From here, Luhan oppa's shot is worth GQ. The way his shirt clings to him, was very chic, a city gentleman indeed. He was listening to music from his phone and when he saw me coming, his face lit up like a christmas tree. Just what I like about him. 

"Annyeong oppa." I smile my childish smile at him.

"Annyeong." He said as he poked my nose. He moved away so that I could open my locker.

"So are you excited for the Japan trip?" Luhan suddenly asked me.

"Sure, why you'd ask?" 

"Well, I was just asking, well you know, maybe we could go together?" Luhan said that made me freeze. Was he asking me for a date during our trip to Japan? Spaz spaz spaz. Luhan is indirectly asking me out?!!.

"Ummm, we are going together, so don't worry we'll see each other frequently." I tried to  sound as chill as possible before closing the locker. Luhan oppa suddenly snapped up.

"Ummm, I gotta go, I have class, see ya, bye!" And he ran and left, bumping to students and earning gasps from girls.


School passed by really slowly today and I was tired of studying as always. I want the Japan trip to come faster and let it stay there for as long as possible. Luhan oppa was nowhere to be seen since the morning and Oh Sehun has gone MIA. Nor have I seen Baekhyun or Chanyeol oppa in the basketball court where they usually hang out. Strange, even Nae Ri seemed gone today. But it was one of my best days where I get to actually properly study without any disturbance. 

When school ended I wanted to go and eat some street food, and so I head over to Myung-dong for some Dubbokkis (Korean rice cake). Even in a weekday, the streets of MyungDong is always buzzing with activity and the food stalls is always there. No matter which season it is in the food stalls will always have lines of people waiting to buy their snacks. I liked walking along, no one can disturb me. I ate some hotteuks, curly chips, odeng amd some rice balls. Just when I thought this day was the best day of my life a call startled me.

I checked my phone only to realize, 101 miss calls!???. I've got 5 from Appa, around 15 from Oh Sehun and the rest was from Luhan oppa. Oh my goodness, I didn't even realize it was 9 at night already, the streets was so bright it was impossible for me to see the sky. And then the phone rang again and I answered it.

"Hello?" I said.

"Oh Thank God Hye Jin, where are you, huh? Where are you Jin-boogie? Are you lost? Tell me I'll come get you!" Luhan oppa's voice sounded worried. I gave out a small out.

"I'm fine oppa. I'm not lost, just walking around Myeong-dong, looking for fresh air. It's really cold today, I think the season's starting to change. " I breathe in a deep sigh. One thing I realized, there was so many couples walking together. Some holding hands, others wearing couple shirts, there was even a couple of grandparents feeding each other street food. Hmmmphh, so much for the future, can't expect that coming in my way.....

"Hello, Hye Jin, are you there?" Luhan oppa's voice showed great worriness.

"Yeah, I'm still here, don't you worry okay, I'll come get you now." And he hung up.


Sehun's POV

. Now where did she go?. I was supposed to spend my afternoon with Nae Ri when I got a call from Luhan saying that Hye Jin was missing. Damnit, where could that girl go. I'm on the wheel for over 3 hours now, searching every possible crevice for her. Gwanghamin square, Namsan tower, possibly shopping in dongdaemun, even Gangnam. But when Luhan called me saying that he found Hye Jin in Myeong-dong, a wave of jealousy came over me.

"How do you know?" I shouted at the phone, clearly frustrated as to why the girl decided to go missing.

"I told you she answered the phone, now I'm gonna go pick her up." Luhan plainly said. Just hearing those come out of Luhan, I could hear his care for Hye Jin and the affection he's built for the past 10 years that I was not there.

"Forget it, I'll pick her up." And I ended the call. I then punched in a few more numbers and after a couple of rings a deep voice picked up.

"Sehun my man, any leads?" Chanyeol's deep voice boomed from the stereo.

"Yeah, she's in Myeong-dong, Luhan just called." I answered to nowhere since we're on handsfree.

"Damn, Myeong-dong? How the hell did she get there?" Chanyeol chuckled.

"You don't need to know, anyways you can call off the search, I'm on the way to pick her up now!" I said to him.

"Yes boss. By the way, you actually sounded like a worried boyfriend back there. Guess romance does change you. Haha, okay bye." And he tuned off. I pumped uo the engine and rushed towards Myeong-dong swerving cars and buses, earning honks and shouts from passerbys amd drivers. Soon enough I was at the front streets of Myeong-dong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter