Chapter 22 - Luncheon

From Riches To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun's POV

Im seriously at loss for words. The things that Hye Jin was saying kept repeating in my head for hours and until now I haven't been able to properly sleep. I looked up in to the digital clock in my bed stand and the time read 02:10 a.m. For the past 3 hours, I've been twirling around my bed thinking of what she said. How dare she call Nae Ri a . And what is this feeling when I saw her hanging out with Luhan. 

I went down to grab a drink from the refrigerator when I realized something. Hye Jin was supposed to move in days ago. My mind went back when I thought I left her for good to the US. Apparently, fate said otherwise and brought us to meet each other again, 10 years later.


Hye Jin's POV

A small knock woke me up from my deep slumber. I was so nicely dreaming about eating ice creams and chocolate mousse when the tap on the hardwood floor awakened me.

"Enter." I commanded the person outside and as usual, Kim Chan was here to serve my daily breakfast in bed. Since Min Jung and Hae Na stayed here I rarely eat downstairs anymore, except maybe when Appa wanted me too. Speaking of him, I wondered how he reacted when he saw the news about Sehun's scandal. I haven't talked to him properly as he was a busy man but I heard from most of the butlers that gossip around that he was pretty dissapointed.

"Today's breakfast will be blueberry pancakes and lemon meringue pie. Have a nice meal agashi." And She left. I've always got a sweet tongue and I can't say no to a yummy dessert. Although I have a bad case in diabetes I do my regular check-up on myself every few months. 

I checked the time on my bedside table and it shows 9 in the morning. Lunch was scheduled at 12 noon so I have some free time before that. I stood up and head over to a connecting room which features as my study room, though I prefer to study in bed, Appa insisted I should at least have a proper table and a book rack. Though I feel he overreacted on this one. Like any part of the house, the room was very victorian styled with high pillared walls which contains as shelves for tons of books. I've got a habit of reading when I'm bored so I keep all of my books here. It kind of reminds me of the library in Beauty and the Beast though smaller of course. 

I went over to my computer that was sitting there at my table to check my mails. There were currently three emails. One was from school which was forwarded to all the students that were going to Japan, essentials and what not. It also includes our homework and the clothes that we should bring to match the weather there, not that its any much different but here in Seoul, things were much more, exaggerated. 

One was a mail from my cousins abroad telling me to get well soon because of my leg, though I wonder where they heard it from. They gave me a long list of what should I do and what I should not do, though the latter was much much more elaborated. 

The last mail was the most recent one sent early randomly this morning from Luhan oppa, showing weird emoticons expressing how crazy and tiring work is. Poor Luhan, he has to work harder than all of us to get his name in the company. He also wrote a short note, no scratch that, a whole thesis about how our camous should ban the idea of having a homework during a school trip. Apparently they got one too. 

After finishing all the mails, I went back to my room to find a large box settled in my bed. It was light pink in color and an orang ribbon was used to tie it. Stuck to the top was a folded letter and in the most cursive handwriting anyone could manage:

A little something for the lunch later today. Hope you like it.

Oh Jan Su.

The name itself was very familiar and I've definitely heard ot somewhere before. I went to my computer and searched for the name and Sehun's mother came out. Of course, having a new daughter-in-law must be quite fun for Sehun's mother. Finally after 21 years, she could have some girl time shopping with me. 

I opened the box and a really cute dress was in it. It was, like the box, in pastel pink color and it had light and short sheer sleeves. The dress that a v-neckline but it was not over the top that it showed some cleavage. It was definitely a prim and proper style for a lady of a high rank. I felt really heartwarmed that someone was able to be so thoughtful, unlike Mrs Oh's son.

I spent the next couple of hours preparing for the lunch which inccludes washing my hair and blowing it dry. I wanted to curl it but it may look like I'm trying too hard so I just decided to let it down. I put on some light make-up, just some BB cream and slight mascara and blush so that I don't look so pale. The dress looks so pretty and when I wore it, it felt like water on my skin, so smooth and soft. The color really compliments my skin tone and make-up. By 11:30 sharp I was heading downstairs with my strap sandals on. Since this is a family lunch, I had no choice but to let Min Jung, Hae Na and Kyu Joon follow along. Min Jung as always, looked like she was going on an opera. Deep red velvet long dress which features a long decolette showcasing her fake assets. Her make-up was too dark and so she looked like a gothic vampire with serious eye bag issues. Hae Na was no different. She was wearing black lace, completely out of style by the way with 7 inch that practically screams broken. Who wears black on a bright sunny day during lunch time. Even Appa looks more well groomed than any of the two, unlike his usual suits he wore to parties, he prefers wearing a pale cream button-up shirt with black trousers. 

"Come on, if we leave now, we'll reach there just in time." Appa said, mortioning us to exit through the door. He took one look at me and seems to be pleased so he left out Min Jung and Hae Na.

"Yeobo! What car are we using, the sedan can't fit everybody in." Min Jung-sshi complained. 

"Don't worry, we'll take the SUV where everyone will fit." Appa said, leading us to the SUV van.

"Appa, why can't we take the limo?" Kyu Joon said cutely. On some days I might just pinch his cheeks but he decided to let out his crap today which made my mood feel worse.

"Yes yeobo, the limo would be better." Min Jung piped up which made wanna punch the living daylights out of her. Its lunch time for goodness sake, we're not going to the nightclub where you belong.

Appa breathed a deep sigh before saying. "Fine prepare the limo." He finally spoke.

Min Jung and Kyu Joon looked happy when Appa said that. As usual, they wanted to showcase their property to everybody, rich or poor, everybody will look at you the same, someone who ruined someone else's family. 

The limo ride was silent Appa was calling one of his board of directors in one corner and Min Jung was busy a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter