Chapter 17 - Alert!

From Riches To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Hye Jin's POV

I have never been so bored in my life. Just sitting there in my room doing I don't know what. Omma told me not to go to school tomorrow, but I'll rot to death if I don't. I tried calling Luhan but he's nowhere near answering.

My mind was in circles. Sehun had yet to embrace me since the truth was told he is now somewhere God knows where. He seen very angry when he found out, that cold dominating face he gives to people he didn't like. How was I supposed to live like this for the rest of my life? I finally gave in to the deep slumber that overtook me after eons of thinking.

Next morning, my life was going on as if nothing had happened for the past few days. All the quiet chill. Kim Chan woke me up wearing a weary face and when I had asked her about it, she shook it. Hae Na and Min jung-sshi was nowhere to be seen. I ate breakfast in silence then head off to school. The ride was also, surprisingly, silent. Ahjusshi didn't even look at the rear mirror as he drove in utter silence. Unfortunately we hit traffic whch was rare in Seoul but since it was a Monday, people were starting an early day of work.

I reached school a bit late and entered the class midway. It was English class so as usual Han soesangnim was writing in the board. I entered class into the stares of 20 or so other students. 

"Hye Jin-sshi, are you okay?" Ms Han asked me, which took me by surprise.

"What do you mean, of course I'm okay." I shrugged and headed of to my seat. 

I could hear the other students whispering and looking at my direction but I didn't even give each of them a damn. I was too busy studying to even care. 

Lunch time came by so fast and I was on my way to go to the cafeteria to get my usual meal. I had to meet up with Hae Na and the evil witches.

"You poor, poor girl" One said.

"Only after a day, such misery your life brings." Another one said.

"Well duh, she is after all the fake daughted of Seo Joon Woo." Hae Na piped up.

"What are you guys talking about?" I said, temper clearly rising.

"Oh my gosh, our dear baby Hye Jin doesn't know a thing, does she?" Hae Na.

"Hae Na, I am currently restraining myself from slapping you in the face so you should really spit it." I said, clearly annoyed.

She gave the girl-why-do-I-have-to-listen-to-you face and started filing her nails. 

I became so annoyed that my didn't even bother talking to them. I entered the cafeteria with 
to find people surrounding the huge plasma TV in one corner.

"What the.... Why is everybody here." I said it out loud. Too late, over a hundred pair of eyes stared at me.

They started fidgeting with anything they can get their hands on. Clothes, books, bags, food. People gave me sorry looks since the morning and I was determined to figure out what is wrong. 

"Oh My Gawd. What the is wrong with the world today!!!" I screamed at them, and they moved apart, creating a path for me, to the TV, with scared faces.

I made my way to the television and was never going to be prepared for what was pictured there.

" BILLIONAIRE OH SEHUN WAS SPOTTED DATING ANOTHER WOMAN JUST DAYS AFTER HIS ENGAGEMENT" 

And then below the heading, was a picture of Sehun and a pretty girl holding hands, crossing the road. She had light brown long hair, really long legs and she looked like a freaking model. Together matched with Sehun's good looks, they looks picturesque. I gotta admit I was jealous at her beauty. I read the article below it.

'It seems that our newly engaged bachelor has taken his previous title. Here shows billionaire empire CEO Oh Ki Cheol's son Oh Sehun taking a romantic stroll in Seoul with a young woman just 2 days after his engagement with fashion magnate Seo Joon Woo's daughter, Seo Hye Jin. The young woman in the picture was recognized as Park Nae Ri, second daughter of the Wooshin Groups, the famous media company. Miss Nae Ri was last seen in Europe a few weeks ago and it seems that she has returned to Korea. Sources show that Miss Nae Ri and Mr. Se hun attended the same high school in Los Angeles.' 

And the article went on. The date on which the article was published was this early morning. I don't what happened but suddenly I could feel tears running down my cheeks. I cried silently but I know that people were giving me glances. Without looking back, I ran outside the cafeteria and on to the rooftop where I usually hang out. 

But when I got to the main hallway, I saw Luhan oppa walking with Baekhyun and Chanyeol, and of course, Oh Sehun was not there. 

"Hye Jin-ah." Luhan stuttered, surprised to see me in such a mess.

I ran before he could say anything else and up to the rooftop. I could hear my shoes slapping against the staircase floor and something else. Another thump. A footstep. Luhan's.
He's following me like a hawk. 

I finally opened the door to the cool fresh air and bursted into tears. Then Luhan came behind me.

"Jin boogie, it's okay. He didn't mean it. Sehun didn't mean it." 

I walked closer to the ledge overseeing the view, and I saw down below, all 5 floors lf this school.

"Hye Jin. Please listen to me. Come here." I could hear Luhan's voice wavering, like he's trying hard to concentrate. 

I looked at him and saw his desperate face. It was a face of caring and worry as well. I know that face so well. It was the face I saw whenever I grew sick, or when I didn't answer the phone after 3 rings. He wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter