Chapter 13: Pre-Engagement

From Riches To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye Jin's POV

It's friday, people would usually think, ' ohh! It's friday, can't wait for the weekends, maybe we could go to the movies or go shopping, or maybe go out for lunch.' But No! By friday afternoon Kim Chan ahjumma was busy pushing and pulling me into different types of stores, from cocktail and party gowns and dresses, into casual wear, hell even to lingerie. I was so embarassed when ahjumma decided to get my bra size checked, yes out loud.

"Omo Hye Jin-ah we should get your bra sized checked, so thats it pushed up perfectly." Kim Chan ahjumma said while going through racks of different bras.

"Ahjumma! Let's go, this is so embarassing." I said whining to her.

"How bout this one, it's lace....." Ahjumma said, picking out a black lace bra that covers like none of your s.

"Yaaa Ahjumma! Let's just go somewhere else."

"Ow, or do you want the pink stripes one, they look really y."

"Hye Jin-ah look, G-strings! To replace your grandma ." I feel like slapping myself. Seriously, even the workers were silently judging and giggling at those facts. I gave them the complete staredown. 

To be honest, I love Kim Chan Ahjumma, she is like the mother that I've never had. She nurtured and cared for me when Omma left and Appa was busy going on dates. But on these cases, she was just too simply embarassing.

"Okay Agashi, that will be about 500,000 won, will you be paying by cash or credit?" The lady asked.

"Cash please." Ahjumma said, taking out her thick money pouch and paying them in cash. It surprised the other workers and people that were in the store. Hell! It would've surprised me when an old lady decided to buy lingerie with cash. Appa definitely didn't forget to give Ahjumma the cheque. 

(500,000 won is about 500 US dollars)

"Ahjumma! Did you really have to buy that one pair of bra and underwear for 500,000 won?" I asked as we exit the store. 

"Of course dear, your wedding night has to be perfect." She answered.

"B-bwohh? Ahjumma! It's just an engagement, we're never getting married!" I shouted a teeny bit too loud that I caught the attention of a few passerbys. 

"Well, I'm sure that that would change once you know that you will be moving in with Oh Sehun." She said calmly.

"What the HECk!" I screamed, the whole street now looking at me,

"What the....... Are you talking about." I half shouted half whisper, lowering my voice a notch.

"Well, your father wanted to speed up your relationship so he decided you should move in with Oh Sehun as fast as you can."

"And you were gonna tell me this when?"

"Well, your father was supposed to tell you this, but I guess I had to break it down for you. Trust me, power and push-up bras are a definite yes in a relationship."

"URgH!!!

 We walked some more in the streets of Cheongdam-dong. Occasionally stopping by just to see some clothes but end up not buying any. Finally we reached the store I've been waiting for, my store. Actually it's not my store, it's one of our company's store out of many. We major in th fashion industry and Seo Industries has always been on the top. Famous models come to endorse our products. Celebrities crave our new style that I always get to where first.

We currently have 4 stores in Gang-nam only, and we're the the head branch store. The store was 3 times the normal size of a rented flat around this area, and was 4 floors high. Divided into menswear, womenswear, and fashion accessories which includes, shoes, jewelry, and bags and purses.

We went in and was welcomes by a high-class interior, with beige wall and beige fur carpets. A big islamd in the middle which showcases our most lavish party gowns. To the left side, we have all racks of clothing separated by color combination, material and style of dress. So a purple dress that is halter-neck would be separated from a purple dress that is strapless. On the right side was the first floor cashier that made the money. The racks went all the way to the back where the leather section was. Near that was the stairs and elevators to go up to the next floors. 

"Omo Agashi, Welcome, welcome, come in.... Maids! Drinks! What would you like to have Madame." Hong Chul-nim said, the shop's manager-in-service. Not to forget that he was completely, absolutely, gay.

"Agashi, you look so pretty, come, I suppose you would want to see the new designs and some of the created styles I made for you." He said while pulling me into the elevator and pushing the number 4 button. 

It was the designing floor. Rarely any guests were allowed here except of course me, and Appa and Hae Na and Min Jung-sshi with a few exceptions of high end celebrities and personalities. It was where the clothes were significatly styled and them grouped into each category. Only about 15 staff members are allowed to work here, including Hong Chul.  Though the gowns were not crafted here, this floor contains couture dresses that were not opened to public, specifically used for only red carpet premieres or in this case, the engagement of the CEO's daughter. Dresses are altered here, where details are added to be made as per liking of the customer. 

"Come, it's time to style you up." Hong Chul-nim said with much glee.

It's hard to keep the sad expression around Hong Chul, he's just too funny. He always makes the atmosphere so happy and joyful I can't help but laugh along myself. He makes gestures that ends up with much laughter and clearly everyone that worked with him, loved him. He's so easy to be friends with.

"Come Agashi, let us try your first dress." He said, while pushing me inside the fitong room where 3 ladies were waiting to help me change.

"Let us see you try your first dress. For your information, it is my creation." Hong Chul from outside the curtains.

Even if the dress was so simple, they still placed 3 people to help me. There were no mirrors in the fitting room, modified just for today, so that I could showcase my dress.

After a while I went out of my dressing room to a bunch of 'oohs' and 'ahhs' from around the bigger room. I looked at the mirror and just stared at my dress. It was of beige color, long sleeved, yet the sleeves were of transparent slight brown color fabric, so it still looks as if it was sleeveless. The dressw as scrunched up at my waist and has a long flowy tail, made of chiffon silk and I felt my hands running through the soft cloth. It made me look very elegant and it made my usual unconfident walk look graceful. 

"Omo Agashi, you look so beautiful, beige is certainly your color." Kim Chan beamed, looking at my dress with awe."

"Of course it will look beautiful, look at her figure, she has the right curves in the right place, has the height the pull this off, and that not-so-willowly form is too die for. Honey, your a model!" Hong Chul said, taking me by surprise and setting a lot of agreements from the 4 corners of this room.

"Okay let's not make any choices first and just go on with the next dress." I said.

"Alright, but I shall make a note that beige is Hye Jin agashi's killer color." Hong Chul said. That earned a laugh from me. 

The second was short, that reached mid-thigh. It was part mint-green with a misture lf a little light blue. The short skirt was a tulle and we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter