Chapter 24 - Moving In

From Riches To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Sehun's POV

Damn the wedding, I have to somehow compromise this situation. Nae Ri will be wondering what took me so long, and mom will......well mom will be the cranky old mom, taking sides whenever it is best. I quickly typed a message to Nae Ri

To: Babe

Hey, sorry babe, something got caught up. My mom wants me there, I'll be there but just a little late. Okay. Love ya, bye,

And hit send.

I took on a blazer and aviators as I head downstairs to the lobby. There I found the head concierge already waiting for me.

"Master, your mother had send a car for you. It is outside." The concierge said. As usual, my mom's chaffeur is at my release as is her bentley.

"Master Sehun." The chaffeur spoke opening the back door for me. I strut in without even looking at him. Hmph, people below me.

The ride didn't take so long, since the store is also at gangnam. We reached in 10 minutes and as I saw the store name Carolina Herrera, I knew this was one of mom's crazy store addicts. The store was huge, so were the dresses. Everything ranges from pricey, to priciest and sequins, to pure gold. But the problem was, women everywhere. Literally a no male store, only a girly male manager that is persuading women to find their 'dress' here.

"Sehun! Over here." I saw my mother waving her hand like a crazy pelican. I went over to her and sat down.

"No, no, no. Sit here. I want you to be the first to see." She said scooting over giving me the middle seat. I sat there and looked forward, in front of me is a curtain, cream and white and covered at least 10 feet. A raised dais was seen under the curtain giving an impression of a stage. 

"What is it mother. What's so important that I can't go do my stuff?" I sounded annoyed. 

"Oh please, nothing could be more important." She crossed her arms and her legs. 
And so I sat, waiting. Just looking at the curtain as if I was watching a movie. 

Then ever so slowly, the curtain started opening, revealing the first signs of a white dress. And then the brightest pairs of shoes. I stared up, looking into the eyes of Seo Hye Jin. 


Hye Jin's POV

Oh Sehun. What is he doing here? I feel so embarrassed in this freaking dress. Sure its pretty and all but its really not my style. The clock work skirt was too big, I could barely walk, especially in this shoes. The upper beading is just too, open, makes me feel so vulnerable.

"Oh dear Gods Hye Jin, you look amazing!" Sehun's mother exclaimed. I could see shock register on his face as he looked around my whole body.

"What do you think Sehun-ah?" She asked. But as quickly as the shock came, the cold expression came back again. 

"She looks normal." He shrugged, he freakin shrugged. After spending my entire morning trying to pry the buttons from entangling in each other, that's all he has to say? Tch. Oh Sehun, you should know better.

"Normal? No no no, that can't do. Manager give her another dress." Sehun's mom ordered. I can't, do this anymore. I'm sweating bullets because of the heaviness and the cold air is not even helping to ease that. 

"Ummm, you know I think one is enough for today. It's getting really heavy and I'm really tired." I gave a small smile, secretly hoping, no praying that Mrs Oh would give in for the day. 

"Alright, Manager-nim place this dress under my name. Nobody sees it." Mrs Oh sounded strict which took me by surprise. The manager nodded in fear, scared of the lost of his position in this brand. 

I changed back to my ordinary clothes which felt like a 3 layered coat of cover up after such a scandalous dress and followed Mrs Oh outside.

"Well since we're all here, Sehun-ah, why don't you take Hye Jin home with you. I'm sure that all her things have arrived."  Mrs Oh said. Sehun was still not talking since I saw him today. 

Within that 30 seconds, Mrs Oh's car came and it sped off, leaving me and Sehun in the streets, alone. It was awkward. A moment of realization hits me, I'm expected to live with Oh Sehun for the rest of my life. After he left, I finally thought that maybe I could be free from this marriage, but apparently not.

"Come on." Sehun's deep voice cut through my thoughts.

"What?" I plainly answer. Does he expect me to just follow him home? Is he crazy?

"What do you mean, what? Duh, we're going home." Sehun rolled his eyes, looking down at me. I'm not that stupid , I know what I'm saying.

"Come on, I'm not gonna be wait here until the cameras all come." And he walked away, leaving me. Huh, what a very charming husband-to-be. 

The ride was extremely silent, I could sense the tension clearly vibrating in between us. I knotted my fingers in the hem of my shirt. Sehun drove fast, and straight home, swerving cars and I swear for a moment I was gonna die there and then. His left hand was leaning on the window holding his head while his other hand was clutching the steering wheel. It would be a lie to tell that he wasn't extremely good-looking. That pose itself could make it into GQ. 

After 10 minutes we reached the apartment complex, or more specifically, Sehun's apartment com

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter