Chapter 15: Engagement

From Riches To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye Jin's POV

My heart thumped and the world seems to slow down for a minute 'Padump, Padump, Padump, Padump' you could hear. I inhaled a huge amount of air. And the door opened. I was blind.

Sehun's POV

"Congratulations KiCheol-sshi, Jansu-sshi, it is truly the wedding of the century." The owner of a large newspaper company commented. I stayed in the shadows of my parents, just mentally cursing at everybody for coming today. 

"Sehun-ah, you look dashing today. Prep for a wedding I should say." A media mogul said, hand in hand with his 2nd mistress, who was practically my age and also didn't forget to give me a wink. I was disgusted.

Anyways, the party starts at 6 and I am here now, in this ballroom, waiting for my fate. I saw Sang Ho amidst of all the people and waves at him.

"Yo my man! Glad you could be here!" I said, giving him a high five and a handshake. 

"Duhh! Can't miss the official start of hell for my favourite friend right?" He joked, and I laughed along with him. An empty one in fact.

"Sehun-ah!!!!" A deep voice rumbled beside me.

"Chanyeol-ah, Baekhyun-ah, you made it!" I said to my two best friends that never forgot to support me whatever I do. 

"Well duh! I'd be an idiot if I missed this." Baekhyun joked.

"By the way, did you guys see Luhan yet?" I aked them while searching the crowd.

"Oww, we saw him in the lobby, I guess he hasn't entered yet." Chanyeol gave a shrug.

Our families were all invited and together, we were easily the most eligible bachelors that fathers would like their daughter to marry. Except Luhan whose family was not as renowned world wide as ours, well his family was always modest since the beginning of time. 

I was looking around when someone suddenly caught my eye. 

Hye Jin was walking around hand in hand with another beautiful woman for her age and even a younger boy. Well, weird, isn't she supposed to be the one behind doors. People were all coming up to her and speaking their congratz. I wanted to go to her when suddenly the speaker boomed.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you, the crown jewel of this evening, Miss Seo Hye Jin.!" And the crowd went wild while clapping. Spotlights were being aimed at the door and the emcee jogged to the door. Two security guards took the handle and for a moment I was in shock.


Hye Jin's POV

I was blind. The lights were making my sight deteriorate, the crowd was roaring, the music was deafening. For a moment my senses were heightened as I felt a really small tug on my arm. We moved forward. I could see everthing, their smiles, their pride, the jealousy.

I suddenly panicked, my eyes roamed everywhere as I searched for that one person. I saw him outside he must've gone in already. I looked back but only silhouettes of glitter and glam were seen. People took my hand and shook it, I jumped back in surprise.

"Sorry, the bride-to-be is a little jumpy today, she's really excited to meet her fianceé." My father laughed

I gave the person a warm-ish smile and continued walking.

I saw Hae Na with Min Jung hand-in-hand somewhere when I passed by. I also saw Chanyeol and Baekhyun together which took me with surprise. I didn't expect them to come but then again they're Sehun's best friends. Of course he invited them. Except Luhan, I personally invited him myself. 

I scanned the crowd again and there...... in the end of the carpet, in the middle of the room, stood Oh Sehun. With a shock face, mouth slightly agape. 'He can't believe it' I thought to 
myself and let out a small smile while looking at him. His mouth hanged even lower.     

"Let us call upon the two engaged individuals, for their preparation to become, one!" The emcee's voice boomed into the speakers. 

Sehun slowly made his way to the center of the spotlight where I soon join him. When I reached there, Appa left my hand, going to the mic, leaving me with my soon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter