Seven

The Road To Me

"Jongin's random person is kinda pretty."

"Tao."

"What?" Zitao turns to his side where Jongdae is standing beside him, eyes fixed on the three people not far from them.

"They are married now. You shouldn't call him that."

Zitao groans. He knows that but his mouth refuses to call Jongin's random person by his name even though the male did nothing wrong. His shifts back his vision to the small group where Joonmyeon is talking with Jongin and his random person. The random person is indeed pretty but Joonmyeon is still the most beautiful in his eyes. The male looks kind and innocent and maybe because of that, Jongin easily convinced the male to marry him.

Jongdae smiles when he sees Joonmyeon points toward his direction, probably introducing him and Zitao to Kyungsoo. He notices Jongin's nonchalant reaction and decides to just ignore it. He turns to his side when Zitao nudges his arm.

"What do you know about Jongin's person?"

Jongdae sighs at the Chinese's chosen word.

"Hm? Ge?"

"Nothing much. I know he is still studying architecture in some university somewhere."

Zitao snaps his head to look at Jongdae. "Architecture?! Really?" He looks back at the group of three. "Do you think that is Jongin's way to control and take over the company?"

Jongdae just shrugs. He doesn't have a say on the matter as it is not his place but he couldn't help thinking the same thing. Looking at the male that is standing beside Jongin, he really felt sorry for the guy as he being forced to involve in the family fued. Then his gaze drops at his young master that forbids him to call that title anywhere and opted for 'hyung' instead. Zitao had told him about Yixing and although he never met him, he sounds a lot like Kyungsoo. They both come from a normal family and both of them agreed to the ridiculous offer that was proposed to them in exchange of pursuing their dreams.

"Ge."

"Hm?"

"What are we going to do with Joonmyeon ge's wedding?"

Jongdae really doesn't know how to answer the question. He did asked Joonmyeon about that and said that just signing his and Yixing's name on the papers would do but he himself doesn't like the idea. What would other people think? Even Jongin has this little ceremony.

"Did Joonmyeon ge said they will be signing papers only?"

Jongdae chuckles at that. Zitao really knows his young master better than Joonmyeon himself.

Zitao sees Jongdae nods at his question and he shakes his head. That childhood friend of his really is an open book. "We should do a wedding like this." He looks around the backyard garden where Jongin's wedding being held. It was a small ceremony but it is still a beautiful wedding, even though he really doesn't want to admit it. He sees familiar faces that are from the company and some of them are his father's friends. Jongin really knows how to play his cards right. Most of the guests are his late father's closest friends and he definitely has them for backup.

"Do you think so?"

"Of course! We can do it just like this but more beautiful and pretty and awesome! And then we can invite uncle's closest friends so that Joonmyeon ge knows he is not alone and he has them to fight Jongin with!"

Jongdae shakes his head at the suggestion. "Are you planning a wedding or a wrestling match?"

Zitao's eyes beams as he turns to look at Jongdae. "We can totally do that!"

Jongdae furrows his brows as he noticed the younger's voice is getting a little excited. "Do what?"

"Wrestling-theme wedding!"

Jongdae knows he shouldn't do it as Zitao is Joonmyeon's friend and he is Joonmyeon's butler but he flicks the Chinese male's forehead anyway because the idea that came out from the owner's mouth is totally absurd.

"Ge!" Zitao glares at the shorter male beside him as his hand rubs the sore spot to ease the stinging pain. "I'm kidding. Joonmyeon ge would murder me if we go on with my idea. Or worse, he will ignore me for the rest of my life!"

Jongdae rolls his eyes as he sees Zitao trembling at his own idea. He takes a look at the wedding reception. Maybe they should have one for Joonmyeon.

"Ge."

"What?"

"Let's do Joonmyeon ge's wedding at the summer house."

Jongdae let his mind wanders as he remembers the said place. Joonmyeon's family summer house has a really beautiful scenery of the sea as it is located near one with its own private beach. It is a perfect place to do a beach-theme wedding and maybe they should do that.

"What are you guys talking about?"

Joonmyeon's voice snaps Jongdae from his thought and he just smiles as he sees his young master standing in front of him and Zitao.

"Nothing. We just planning to have your wedding at the summer house."

Joonmyeon's eyes widen at the statement and he turns his head to face Jongdae. "Wha... Didn't I told you that..."

"No!" Zitao cuts off Joonmyeon's words before he could finish it. "You are definitely not going to just sign some papers and get done with it! I don't want people badmouthing you later, comparing you and Jongin, saying that you don't think they are important enough for not get invited to your wedding, etcetera, etcetera, that stuff."

Joonmyeon become silence at Zitao's prediction. Even today he had heard people talking and whispering about his wedding, when and where it will be held and other similar topics. He himself doesn't really care about all that as his marriage with Yixing is just temporarily, as he had promised the Chinese male.

"I have to agree with Tao this time, hyung." Jongdae looks straight at his young master. "You should care about what other people think as the wedding isn't just about you and Yixing. It invovles the company too."

"And the old people in there really love gossiping like old people they are!"

"Tao!"

"What?!" Zitao groans. "If I want to call them 'old people', I will call them 'old people'! At least I change 'Jongin's random person' to 'Jongin's person'!"

Jongdae just watches the two childhood friends bickering. Zitao is the kind that will say what he wants to say without coating his words and even Joonmyeon can't change that. He was going to stop them when suddenly he hears a sound of toilet being flushed.

"Ge, it's your phone." Zitao releases Joonmyeon from his headlock.

Joonmyeon frowns as he fishes out his phone and sees Yixing's name appear on the screen. He looks up at Zitao that has a smirk plastered on his face. "You! I will deal with you later!"

Jongdae shakes his head as he hears chuckling beside him while his eyes sends Joonmyeon away to answer the call. "I don't know how you did it but can you send that ringtone to me too?"

Zitao nods and takes out his own phone. "I got Joonmyeon ge's snoring too. Do you want it?"

Jongdae couldn't help smiling as he slides his hand into his pants pocket and grabs his phone. "Sure."

 

 

+ + + + +

 

 

Yifan throws his gaze at the front door when he sees Yixing raises his hand and waving at the two people that just entering the cafe. He sees the taller of the two waving back while the shorter one just smiling.

Yixing frowns as his eyes follows Zitao while he walks to their table and takes a seat. He eyes the shorter male in curiosity before looking at Zitao. "Who..."

"Ah! This is Jongdae ge, Joonmyeon ge's..." He turns to face Jongade that is sitting beside him. "Which one are you now?"

Jongdae smiles at Yixing as the Chinese male still looking at him curiously. "I'm his assistant right now. I'm here on his behalf as he couldn't come because..."

"Old people will start gossiping if he did." Zitao leans deeper into his seat. He shakes his head when he sees Yixing looking at him. "Nothing. Nothing." He turns to look at the unknown male in front of him. "Is this your brother?"

Yixing nods.

"I'm Yifan." Yifan looks at the only Korean male that is sitting in front of his brother. "So, you are not the guy whose going to marry my brother?"

Jongdae smiles as he shakes his head. "I'm sorry Joonmyeon couldn't come. He wanted to but we wouldn't let him."

Yifan stares straight at the Korean male. "So, what is the point meeting today? He could have decline and we can set a new date."

Yixing tenses as Yifan's tone was a bit intimidating. So his brother is not really happy about his decision about marrying a stranger. He glances to his side and sees his brother glaring at Joonmyeon's assistant.

"I thought it is a perfect time to tell you about this whole 'marry-a-stranger-to-study-music' thing."

Zitao chuckles at Jongdae's words. He let the older talk as he busies himself with his phone.

"How much do you know about this?"

Yifan turns to look at his brother before looking back at the Korean male. "This 'Joonmyeon' guy is going to support my brother's study while being his partner when he needs him."

Zitao looks up from his phone to Yixing that is looking at his own hands on the table. The male borrowed his words to summerize the whole situation. He just smiles when Yixing's eyes meet his.

"Well..." Jongdae looks at Yixing. "...that is definitely summarizes everything." He glances at Yifan. "I guess you were right. We don't need to meet at all, not without Joonmyeon."

Yifan's eyes widen when he sees the Korean male stands up. "Wait!"

Jongdae looks down at the oldest Chinese among the three.

"Shouldn't you tell me more about this 'Joonmyeon' person?"

"Of course I would. Right after I went to the toilet."

Yixing couldn't help smiling as his eyes send the Korean male to the toilet. He then looks at Zitao where the younger has stopped playing with his phone and is smiling at him.

"Please forgive him. He has been suppressing his jokes as he really can't show it in front of Joonmyeon ge. Even I rarely see it." Zitao sees Yixing's brother leans deeper into his seat. He smiles as he looks at the direction of the toilet. Jongdae is a funny guy but he can't really show that side of him in front of Joonmyeon as he knows his own place and his respect to the beautiful male is really high.

Yixing nods before looking at his watch and then at Zitao. "Tao."

"Hm?" Zitao turns to face Yixing.

"Actually, I got to go now. I'm still on shift and my break is almost up."

Zitao blinks as he sees Yixing stands up and pushes the chair he was sitting in. "Wait! Are you really going?"

Yixing nods before smiling at the younger. "Baekhyun will be waiting." He looks at his brother. "Ge."

Yifan lets a small sigh before facing his brother. He can see in Yixing's eyes that he is sorry about all this, him leaving and left him with strangers that not even his soon-to-be fiancee. He takes a deep breath before nodding. "I know. Get going already."

Zitao watches Yixing's back as the older makes his way to the front door of the cafe. He turns when he heard a cough coming from across him.

Yifan stares at the male sitting in front of him. Yixing told him about a male named Zitao, the guy that suggested the absurd idea to him. He couldn't help not liking the male for that.

"So..." Zitao trails off before sitting straight. Yixing's brother has a serious face that he has to admit that it scares him a little. "You are okay with Yixing ge marrying Joonmyeon ge?"

Yifan closes his eyes and inhales, before exhale and opening his eyes to look at Zitao. "Yixing is a full grown adult and can make his own decision. And I trust him." He sighs as he closes his eyes again. He trusts his brother but not the soon-to-be fiancee of his.

"And you can trust Joonmyeon too."

Yifan turns his head at the voice and his eyes follows the Korean male to his seat. There is a smile etched on the face.

"Where is Yixing?"

"Work."

Jongdae shakes at the way his question being answered. He turns to face Zitao. "Shouldn't you do the same too? What kind of owner skipping work?"

Zitao rolls his eyes. "Every owner! That is why I become one!" He huffs. "And beside, Joonmyeon ge asked me to come to the wedding."

"And you are not at the wedding now." Jongdae looks down when he heard Zitao groans and sees the younger is holding the chair his sitting on tightly. He decides to ignore it and looks up at Yixing's brother instead. "So, what do you want to know about Joonmyeon hyung?"

Yifan stares at the Korean male. There are so many questions inside his head regarding this 'Joonmyeon' person. Who is he? What does he looks like? Why he needs to marry his brother? Why couldn't he come today? Why...

"Joonmyeon needs to marry someone to protect the company as the will stated that only the married son of the founders will get the share of the company. And Joonmyeon doesn't have anyone in particular he interested with nor he is a in relationship."

"But why my brother?" Yifan turns to look at Zitao. "Why it couldn't be him?" He faces the Korean male again. "Or you?"

Jongdae just smiles. "I can't because I know my place." He nudges Zitao with his elbow.

Zitao rolls his eyes and groans and huffs while runs his fingers through his hair and looks at Yixing's brother. "Because apparently, I am his 'little brother'." He huffs again. "You would think that being rejected again and again after the first time will be less painful but it is not." He stands. "I'm going to the toilet."

Jongdae nods. His eyes follow the younger until he is no longer in sight before facing the Chinese male. He stares at Yifan, examines the chiseled face and couldn't help comparing between him and Yixing. Yixing has a soft look on his face while Yifan has this stoic expression like, all the time, even though the Chinese male probably doesn't realize it himself.

Yifan takes a deep breath as his mind trying to construct questions regarding his brother's marriage. He notices the Korean male is staring at him but he choose to ignore it. "How about the school?"

"Ah, that! I have been told that your brother is fine with that so we are all okay now."

Yifan frowns. "What are you talking about?"

Jongdae stares at the Chinese male. "The music school that your brother is going to enter." He furrows his brows. "What do you think I'm talking about?"

Yifan can only stares at the Korean male. He is confuse right now. What does he meant by that?

Jongdae notices the changed expression on the older male and realizes something. "Your brother didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?"

Jongdae nods as he knows the reason for the expression. "Your brother won't enter the music school that he wants."

Yifan blinks as he listens to the new information fed to him. Yixing will be entering another music school, the second best music school in the country because he needs to be closer to this 'Joonmyeon' person when the Korean male needs him and the music school that was his dream is quite far away from here. And according to the Korean male across him, his brother is fine with the decision.

"So, as you know, the wedding will be held this week and..."

"Is there any other way?"

Jongdae blinks as his words were cut off with a question that he didn't understand. "Pardon?"

Yifan takes a deep breath and exhale. "Is there any other way to let Yixing enter the school that he wants?"

Jongdae shakes. He, Joonmyeon and Zitao tried to find a solution but it was a dead end. The music school that Yixing wanted to enter is just too far from Joonmyeon and his young master needs the same-age Chinese male nears him as they will be attending a lot of parties and such as a couple after the marriage. He still remembers his young master's face that looked so sorry as he broke the news to the Chinese male through a phone call.

"I will do it."

"Your brother said he is fine..." Jongdae pauses as he tries to understand the words that came out from the Chinese male across him. "You what?"

"You just need someone to marry this 'Joonmyeon', right?"

Jongdae nods.

"Let Yixing go to the school he wants." Yifan sits straight. "I will marry your 'Joonmyeon'."