Twenty-Four

The Road To Me

"How about this one?" Joonmyeon puts the white suit against his front, showing it to Yifan that is sitting on the sofa a few steps from where he is standing.

"Definitely not that one, unless you want to get married again."

Joonmyeon blinks at the voice as Yifan's lips didn't move and he looks around the shop, stopping when his eyes spot a couple near the cashier counter. His eyes train at the pair, following them until they take a seat next to Yifan on the sofa. "Jongin."

"Look what we have here. A happy couple shopping for suits." Jongin scans his cousin that is still holding the white suit against his body and smiles when he meets the older's eyes. "It does look good on you but really, hyung, you are going to someone else's wedding. Don't you think it is a bit cruel, being prettier than the one that is getting married?" He turns to his side. "Isn't that right, Soo?"

Joonmyeon watches as Jongin plants a kiss to Kyungsoo's cheek before turning around, hanging back the suit on the rack with the others. This is the first time Jongin talk to him after that incident at his office. His little cousin still came by to drop Kyungsoo off, take him to lunch and pick him after work but Jongin didn't spoke a word to him. Whenever the younger spotted him, he would just pass by him, with Kyungsoo tailing behind, and treating like he doesn't exist.

"Maybe we should by one too, hm, Soo?"

Joonmyeon glances over his shoulder, noticing Jongin pulling Kyungsoo on his feet and walks toward the tie corner. Kyungsoo. He had tried many times to talk to the younger, wanting to ask more about his injuries but every time their gazes met, Kyungsoo would quickly tear them away, head down and didn't look at him again. He turns around with a dark blue suit in his hand, looking at the couple with the corner of his eyes, as he steps closer to the sofa. What is really going on with them?

"Watch out."

Joonmyeon winces as his knee throbbing in pain and he turns to his front, meeting with a vase of flowers that is on a glass sidetable. He feels a hand holding his elbow and looks up at Yifan with worried eyes.

"Are you okay?" Yifan receives a nod and helps Joonmyeon to sit, taking the suit off his hands and putting it at the empty spot on the sofa. He notices as one of Joonmyeon's hand massaging his knee but his sight is being directed elsewhere. He follows Joonmyeon's line of sight, pausing at Jongin and Kyungsoo for a moment before focusing back to the male. "Do you want to go back?"

"Ah? No, it's fine." Joonmyeon straightens his legs as the pain easing away and stands, grabbing the dark blue suit. "I'm going to try this."

Yifan gives a small not and watches Joonmyeon disappear behind the changing room door. He sits back on the sofa, eyes noticing Kyungsoo walking away from Jongin with a shirt in hand. He shifts in his seat after seeing Jongin heading toward him.

"Aren't you going to try something?"

Yifan looks up. "Maybe later."

Jongin nods knowingly, pulling his jeans a little before making himself comfortable on the sofa. He leans back, letting a small huff and fixes his sight at the Chinese male. "How are you and Joonmyeon hyung? Everything good?" He earns a curt nod and hums in approval. "That is great then. Me and Soo are great too. Just the other night, we went to the new park to watch fireworks and Soo looked so happy. You should bring Joonmyeon hyung there. I think they still showing it."

Yifan turns slightly and Jongin greets him with a smile. "I will think about it."

"Good, good." Jongin pats the older's shoulder. He lets his eyes wander around the shop and spots his cousin that just coming out from the dressing room, a shop worker is fixing the dark blue suit he is wearing. "Did I ever tell you you are one lucky guy?"

Yifan furrows at the statement and sees Jongin juts his mouth out, pointing to a corner. He follows the younger's gaze and blinks as Joonmyeon slowly comes to sight. He keeps his eyes there, watching Joonmyeon talking with the shop staff and raises his hand a little, responding to the smile he received when Joonmyeon noticed his presence.

"Well, you are." Jongin leans deeper in to the sofa, eyes fix at the older that still looking at his cousin. "You couldn't get someone better than Joonmyeon hyung. Did you tell him about how you feel yet?" He chuckles at Yifan's headsnap, eyes boring at him.

"What are you talking about?"

"Hyung, please. You guys are so obvious. Anyone can see it." Jongin scoffs. "Well, except for your two. Maybe you should get your eyes checked. Then you can get couple glasses too."

Yifan blinks as Jongin gets off from his seat, heading toward Kyungsoo that is browsing a line of shirts. The younger's words echo in his head and his mind winds back to the day at the office. He purses his lips, slowly coming to realization of what was behind the younger's implied words. He, likes Joonmyeon?

"What do you think?"

Yifan jolts slightly at the voice and turns to see Joonmyeon inches away from him, fingers gripping the end of his suit.

"It is slightly bigger and they don't have my size but I like the color." Joonmyeon straightens one of his arms, pulling the sleeve under it, showing the looseness of the suit with his body. "It is just a little loose." He stretches the fabric around his waist and his hips disappear. "Or, should I search one my size?"

Yifan nods before he could think as his mind is still processing Jongin's words. He watches as little fingers the suit before taking it off completely, revealing a simple white shirt underneath. He blinks, repeatedly, eyes tracing the outline of Joonmyeon's small frame. Was Joonmyeon always this thin before?

"I'm going to find another." Joonmyeon looks around the shop, pausing at Kyungsoo that is helping Jongin button a new shirt, before facing back Yifan. "You should find one for yourself too." He earns a nod and takes a step back as Yifan gets on his feet. "Do you want my help?"

Yifan stares down at Joonmyeon and scans the room full with formal clothes. Unlike Joonmyeon, he doesn't know much about suits as the ones he has in his closet were all choosen for him by Jongdae. He nods slightly at the offer and notices how Joonmyeon's eyes sparkle as he smiles back at him.

"Okay! Then... er... you... you look around and I..." Joonmyeon glances down at the dark blue pants he is wearing. "I... I'm going to change first. Then... then I will help you."

Yifan sends Joonmyeon with his eyes to the changing room and turns when he feels presence beside him.

"Where did Joonmyeon hyung go?"

"Changing."

Jongin huffs, fixing his suit. "And I am being handsome right now." He looks up at Yifan, noticing how the older is staring at him. "Do you like it? Soo chose it for me." He pulls Kyungsoo that was behind him to stand by his side, fixing some hair strands that are out of place. "Oh, Yifan hyung, Kyungsoo knows it too."

Yifan furrows.

"That you and Joonmyeon hyung like each other."

Kyungsoo catches how Yifan's eyes widen for a moment as he stares at Jongin before it softens back, turning to look at him. He meets the older's gaze and remembers the look Yifan had a few days ago. The soft gaze he directed to Joonmyeon as Joonmyeon took the leave that landed on Yifan's hair outside the office. And he still can't forget how wide Joonmyeon's smile was when Yifan visited the office for the first time. Yifan and Joonmyeon are so lucky.

"But they still haven't tell each other yet. Isn't it funny?"

Kyungsoo glances at Jongin, before looking back at the Chinese male that already darting his focus to somewhere else. He kind of knows that when he observed the way the two people talked earlier. But he also knows that they don't need words to express their feeling towards each other. Their hearts already beating as one even though Yifan and Joonmyeon haven't realized it.

Jongin smiles at Kyungsoo. "Unlike us."

Kyungsoo closes his eyes at the feeling of Jongin's lips on his forehead, and he let's Jongin hold his hand after he pulls away. Jongin is right, he always is. They are different from Yifan and Joonmyeon. The couple got married as strangers but love found them and that will never happen between him and Jongin. He has to go when 'that' time comes and love is something he couldn't affort to have. "I'm... going to change."

Jongin nods, squeezing softly the hand in his hold before letting it go, eyes fix at the small back until Kyungsoo is no longer in sight. He turns to the Chinese male and smiles. He told Yifan that they are different but he would do anything to be like them. His cousin is so lucky, able to find love in a world of convenience marriage. He and Kyungsoo don't have time for that. Even if love managed to find them, when 'that' time comes, he has to fulfill his promise and love will just be something that never exist from the start.

"Jongin."

"Hm?"

"About what you said earlier..."

Jongin smirks, doesn't miss the quick glance Yifan directed at the small figure that is checking a full-suited mannequin across the room. "Yes?" He waits for Yifan to speak but the older just staring blankly at him. He isn't sure what exactly the older wanted to ask him but it looks like Yifan finally coming to realize his own feeling toward Joonmyeon. Really. He swears he never met denser couple than them.

"Yifan, I got this..."

Yifan turns at Joonmyeon's voice, following Jongin that already shift his attention to his cousin and sees a grey suit in his hand.

"Oh? Is that for Yifan hyung?" Jongin eyes the tailored suit and smiles at Joonmyeon. "Not bad. Why don't you go try it, hyung?" His focus fixes at the couple and his eyes follow as the Chinese male take the suit off Joonmyeon and heads toward the changing room. He turns to his cousin and can't help rolling his eyes at the big smile on the older's face. He takes a few step before plopping himself down on the sofa, watching Joonmyeon staring at the dressing room intently. "Hyung."

Joonmyeon shifts slightly and sees Jongin patting the empty spot on the sofa.

"Yifan hyung isn't going anywhere." Jongin pats the seat beside him again. "Come and sit with me."

Joonmyeon stares at the younger before obliges, taking a seat beside his little cousin. He has his gaze fix at the door of the changing room where Yifan went into but his ears catch the tunes Jongin is humming to. He inhales deeply. "Jongin."

"Oh! I won't be coming to the wedding. Just send my regard to uncle, will you?"

Joonmyeon snaps his head at the younger, ears catching the same tune again. "But..."

"Just you will do, right? Everyone likes you." Jongin straightens his back, taking off the suit jacket and puts it on his laps. Wearing formal suits like this isn't really his thing and he wouldn't even been here if it wasn't for Kyungsoo. And a wedding with 'perfect formal' dresscode is totally out of the question.

Joonmyeon purses his lips. The uncle is their fathers' close friend and for them not going to his son's wedding would be impolite. He stares at the younger. Jongin is shunning people around him. After his uncle, Jongin's father, passed away, the younger still attended the gathering he was invited to but after a couple of years, he started rejecting them, and went only to events that would benefit him.

"Besides, I won't be here that day anyway." Jongin notices the furrowed brows on Joonmyeon's face. "I have something to do so you won't see me for a whole week! Maybe two if you are lucky. Isn't that great? You can go on dates with Yifan hyung without worrying I might popped up and ruin it."

Joonmyeon watches as Jongin waves at Kyungsoo that is talking to a shop assistant.

"And you can join the trash talk about me at the wedding. I won't even know."

Joonmyeon sighs heavily. "You know I would never do that."

"You have to start somewhere, right? Then before long, you will be the organizer. Make sure you don't accidently sent the invitation to me. I..."

"Stop it!"

Jongin turns to his side and sees his cousin already on his feet, glaring at him, face red. "Stop what?" He notices the trembling ball of fists on either side of Joonmyeon. "I'm just stating the truth."

"You know it'll never happen! I will never do that to you!" Joonmyeon grits his teeth. Why is Jongin doing this to him? He tries so hard to patching them back together but Jongin just cuts through it every time. "Our parents are gone! We only have each other now! Why are you pushing me away?!"

"Joonmyeon."

Jongin smirks, watching Yifan that came out from nowhere holding Joonmyeon's arm. "See. You have Yifan hyung. You don't need me. You never need me." He turns when he feels his shirt being tugged from behind before facing his cousin back. "And I have Kyungsoo. So we really don't need each other."

Yifan tightens his grip on Joonmyeon's arm, stopping him from moving forward. He doesn't know what had happened but he never seen Joonmyeon this angry before. He sees Jongin pulling Kyungsoo from behind to stand next to him and he doesn't miss the worried expression on the younger's face. "Jongin."

"Didn't I tell you you are one lucky guy, hyung? Joonmyeon hyung always need you. He needs you to stop him from punching me. He needs you to go to the events with him. He needs you to save the company. Heck, he already needed you before he even knew he need you."

"Jongin, stop." Kyungsoo holds Jongin's hand, pulling him back from Yifan and Joonmyeon. The two cousins quarrelling isn't new to him but no mater what, Joonmyeon is Jongin's only family and he shouldn't say something like that. "Jongin."

Joonmyeon blinks. "You've changed so much."

Jongin scoffs. "Well, you started it."

"I never..."

"Oh? Then, who was the one that ditched me to attend an event with his father? Jongdae hyung?!"

Kyungsoo pushes Jongin with his back, eyes meeting with Yifan's. "You should bring Joonmyeon hyung home." He earns a nod from the Chinese male and watches Yifan hugging Joonmyeon's shoulder, slowly bringing Joonmyeon away from them.

"Kyungsoo."

Kyungsoo turns to see Jongin is looking down at him.

"I'm sorry."

Kyungsoo feels fingers ghosting on his forehead.

"I'm sorry you have to see that." Jongin cards through the soft locks. He tells himself so many times not to start anything with Joonmyeon when Kyungsoo is around but he just keep broken his own promise.

"Joonmyeon hyung is your family. You should stop hurting yourself like this."

Jongin smiles weakly. "Can't you be my family too?" He stares at the round orbs before chuckling at his own question. Kyungsoo has never been his family, and he never will. They are married, living under one roof, sleeping in the same bed but Kyungsoo isn't his family. Kyungsoo is just Kyungsoo.

"I'm sorry."

Jongin takes a deep breath, hand reaching out for Kyungsoo and wraps the small frame inside his arms. He exhales, chin resting on Kyungsoo's shoulder. "Me too."