Six

The Road To Me

Baekhyun couldn't believe his ears. He really thought his neck had cracked from sudden snap to look at his best friend that just said something ridiculous.

Yixing sighs as he knows Baekhyun is glaring at him after what he just said but it was just a thought. "Stop looking at me like that." He places his hand on Baekhyun's eyes.

"I will stop glaring if you stop being like a little kid!" Baekhyun peels off the older's hand from his eyes. He turns to the side so he is face with Yixing on the sofa. "Are you sure you want to do that?"

Yixing sighs again as his hand playing with the remote, changing the channel over and over.

"Hyung!"

"It's just a thought, Baek."

"You look pretty determined about it." Baekhyun sits straight again, facing the television in front of him. "You really think you can hide that matter from Yifan hyung for so long? I know I can't."

Yixing turns to his side. "I... I just don't know what to tell him."

"The truth!" Baekhyun turns and now he is facing Yixing that is looking at him like a lost puppy. "If you can't do it, I will!" He snatches the remote control from the older. "And if you want to hide here, you better pay me rent."

Yixing chuckles. "Really? Even just for a couple of hours?"

"I need money."

"For what this time?"

"I've found a perfect Rolex watch the other day and I really want it."

"Didn't you just buy a TagHeuer last month?"

Baekhyun sighs. "No, I didn't. Something came up and I needed the money."

"Why do you want to buy an expensive watch like that? It would just get scratch. Just buy a regular one."

"It is an important piece for my formal clothes. I only have to buy a pair of shoes and a cool sunglasses and then my suit will be done!"

Yixing shakes his head. Baekhyun had told him about his 'formal clothes', the one that every man should own one and wear it to high-class party or something like that. Apparently, the 'formal clothes' has to be from expensive brands. He glances at the younger that has eyes fixed on the television. "Has anyone call about the room?"

Baekhyun shakes. It has been two months since his housemate moved out and he is looking for a new one. Although the rent is not that expensive, having a housemate to split the bill is much better.

"How about you move in with us? I can sleep in Yifan ge's room. Or, we can be roommates?"

Baekhyun rolls his eyes. "I don't want to see you 24/7. And I definitely don't want to stuck between you two brothers when you guys having a fight like that one time."

Yixing sighs at the statement as he remembering the fight Baekhyun talked about. It was the biggest fight he ever had with Yifan and Baekhyun became their middle man and the poor guy looked so exhausted and happy at the same time when they finally made up. And maybe they will have another one if he doesn't tell the truth to his brother like Baekhyun said.

"Hyung."

"Hm?"

"Will you invite me there sometimes?"

"Where?"

"Your mansion."

"Baek."

"Then I can wear my formal suit."

"Baek, stop it."

"You are the one who should stop, hyung." Baekhyun turns to face Yixing. "It has been two days you hide here. Go home and tell Yifan hyung already. Do you really want him to find out himself? Like the scholarship?"

"I..."

"Go home, hyung. Tell him everything. I'm sure he will understand. Beside, you already said yes to Joonmyeon hyung."

 

 

+ + + + +

 

 

Yifan glances over his shoulder to look at the front door when he heard clicking sound from it and sees his younger brother steps inside their apartment.

"I'm home." Yixing casually walks to the living room and sits beside Yifan that is watching the television. He doesn't have to look to his side to know that the older is staring at him.

Yifan frowns as he glances at the clock above the television set. It is only half past midnight and he knows that the club closes at three so why is his brother back so early? "Is something wrong at the club?"

Yixing shakes with his eyes still fixed at the telelvision that is airing a midnight movie.

"Then, why are you back so early? What about the band?"

"There is no more band."

"What?"

"The band is gone. We disband it two days ago. I didn't go to the club on that two nights. I went to Baekhyun's and stayed there because I don't want you to worry."

Yifan blinks as he tries to understand what his brother has been telling him.

Yixing turns off the television and faces Yifan when he heard nothing coming from the older after his confession. "Ge."

"What are you saying?" Yifan then remembers something about the vocalist Yixing once told him. "Is it because of the vocalist? You said you found one."

"I lied." Yixing sighs. "I never found one and all the other members said they have other plans too and maybe it is the right time to quit. And we did."

Yifan notices a disappoinment on his brother's face. Playing at the club with the band has been Yixing's way to keep his dream alive but now, with the band gone, what can he do? "Have you try other clubs?"

Yixing shakes.

Yifan sighs. "So, what are you going to do now?"

Yixing stares straight at his brother's eyes. He really doesn't want to tell Yifan about his plan but like Baekhyun mentioned, he already said yes to Joonmyeon and he can't let Yifan finds out about it other than from his own mouth.

Yifan frowns as he never sees his little brother looks so troubled before.

"Ge."

"Hm?"

"I'm getting married."

Yifan's eyes widen at the confession. "Wha..." He is left speechless. First the confession about the band and now, he want to get married? Yixing never talk to him about having that special someone so why suddenly he getting married? Wait. 'Getting married'? Not 'want to get married'? "Yixing."

"I'm getting married." Yixing repeats his confession. He knows his older brother is in shock but he has to tell him.

"What do you mean 'getting married'? You..."

Yixing nods. "It is already been confirmed. I am getting married next week."

"Next week?!" Yifan couldn't believe his ears. What is his brother talking about? Why is the sudden action? "Wha... why are you acting like this? Is this because of the band? Why so sudden..."

 "Ge..."

Yifan listens carefully to every words that come out from the mouth across him as his little brother explaining all that had happened. Inside his mind, he couldn't believe there are people like that, people that actually think everything can be solved if one has the money. He wanted to cut off somewhere and oppose but he didn't have the heart as he noticed Yixing's expression when he talked about the music school that he had been promised to enter. He knows about the school and it is the best music school one can enter and with Yixing's ability, there is no doubt that he will excel beyond his imagination.

"I will be going there after the wedding."

Yifan's heart drops at that. The wedding. His little brother is going to get married in a week to a stranger that is willing to support his study while being his partner when the stranger needs him from time to time. It takes him a while to digest everything that Yixing had just said that he didn't noticed his brother has stopped talking.

"Ge."

A soft touch on his hand made Yifan snaps from his thought. He looks at his brother and he still can see the expression on his face. The happy expression because he is going to chase his dream and study music, and not because he is getting married.

"I hope you are not mad at my decision. I just..." Yixing looks down at his lap.

"I'm not mad. I know why are you doing this." Yifan sighs before he meets Yixing's eyes. "Can I at least meet him?"

Yixing nods and leans forward to hug his brother.