Eighteen

The Road To Me

"Yifan hyung?"

Yifan turns around and sees Jongin walking toward him. His eyes follow the younger until he finally stop and stands beside him.

Jongin blinks repeatedly, scanning Yifan from head to toe, trying to believe what he sees is real. He pokes Yifan's shoulder, making sure he doesn't imagine things. "It is you." He pinches his own cheek. It hurts. "And I am not dreaming."

Yifan turns back to his front when the elevator dinged and the doors open. He steps inside as Jongin holds the door for him before stepping inside himself. He glances at the younger and notices the smirk on his face, hand gesturing him to press the floor number.

Jongin smiles, eyes staring at the lit number and he turns to Yifan. "So you do know where Joonmyeon hyung work. I thought Joonmyeon hyung never told you." He tears his gaze away and looks up, watching the number changing as they ascending. "This is your first time visiting Joonmyeon hyung at work, right? I wonder how my cousin would react when he sees you later." He tilts his head in amusement. "Man, I am so glad I decided to come today. Soo said yesterday he will be busy and I don't have to come for lunch but... wah..."

Yifan exhales softly as the elevator finally reaches Joonmyeon's floor. He waits and lets Jongin step out first and follows the younger from behind. It is his first time visiting Joonmyeon at his workplace and he couldn't help looking around the office as he follows Jongin's lead. He looks down at the paper bag in his hand. He just need to give it to Joonmyeon and he will leave afterwards. He shouldn't bother the male working.

"Soo!"

Yifan looks up and watches Jongin waving at Kyungsoo that is standing in front of a room. His eyes meet with Kyungsoo's and he notices they turning slightly bigger when the younger finally registered what he is seeing.

"Yifan hyung?" Kyungsoo blinks and sees the older is smiling at him. "What are you doing here?"

Jongin goes to Kyungsoo's side and kisses the male's cheek before looking at Yifan. He completely forgot to ask about that but he guesses Yifan's intention coming to Joonmyeon and Kyungsoo's workplace is the same as his. "It's lunch time, Soo. Of course Yifan hyung is going to ask Joonmyeon hyung to have lunch with him."

Kyungsoo feels arms sneaking and circling his waist and he keeps staring at the Chinese male in front of him. "Oh? Do... do you want me to get him? I... I can..."

"It... is not like..."

Jongin shakes his head, cutting Yifan's words as he tightens his hug. "No need to do that, Soo. I'm sure Yifan hyung wants some time alone with Joonmyeon hyung. Just like us."

Yifan watches as Jongin plants a kiss on Kyungsoo's nape before resting his chin on his shoulder. He furrows when Jongin jutted his lips toward him.

"Joonmyeon hyung's office is over there. Why don't you go and surprise him?"

Yifan glances over his shoulder and spots a closed door a few steps away. He can see a nameplate on the door with Joonmyeon's full name across it.

"Jongin, please don't..."

Yifan snaps his head at the familiar voice and sees both Jongin and Kyungsoo already turned their head around where Joonmyeon is standing not far from them.

"Oh? Joonmyeon hyung?" Jongin releases Kyungsoo from his hold and turns his body completely to face his cousin. "You weren't in your office? We all thought that you were..." He pauses when Joonmyeon walked pass him before stopping in front of Yifan. He notices the smile Joonmyeon trying to hold as the older looking up to face Yifan. His cousin looks genuinely surprise at the Chinese male presence as Joonmyeon says nothing and just staring at Yifan.

"Where did you go, hyung?"

Joonmyeon blinks as Kyungsoo's voice brings him back from his musing and he turns his head slightly, looking at the younger with the corner of his eyes. "Ah! I... I went to the mart across the road... and... hm..."

Kyungsoo directs his gaze to Joonmyeon's hands and sees a small grocery bag is hanging from his left hand. He watches as Jongin grabs the bag from Joonmyeon and looks inside it before pulling out a small bread from the bag.

"Cream puff? And milk? And mango juice?" Jongin puts back the piece of pastry in the back and fixes his sight at Joonmyeon. "What with all these food, hyung?" He raises an eyebrow when Joonmyeon turned to face him.

"I... ah, we... I need Kyungsoo to finish... so I thought... some snacks..."

"So you bought these for Soo?"

Joonmyeon nods as he looks at his cousin. There is a report they need to finish by the end of the day and he thought Kyungsoo might need something to eat when he told him Jongin won't be coming. He himself doesn't mind eating a late lunch but he's not sure about the younger.

"So you were planning on skipping lunch?" Jongin earns a nods and he sighs. It is so like Joonmyeon, skipping meals to finish his work. He lifts his chin. "Then, what about Yifan hyung?"

Joonmyeon snaps his head at the name and faces Yifan. Right. Yifan is here. He looks up, meeting with Yifan's eyes. "Ah, hi..."

Yifan nods slightly and notices Joonmyeon has his lips pursed into a thin line, eyes looking straight at him.

"What are you doing here?"

"I..." Yifan lifts his hand. "Jongdae told me to bring you this."

Joonmyeon fixes his gaze at the paper bag as his hands receive it from Yifan. He peeks inside it and sees the files and papers that he had asked Jongdae to bring them to him earlier. He blinks as he looks up at the male in front of him. He doesn't know why the younger had asked Yifan to do it but he couldn't help feeling happy seeing Yifan here, at his office. "Thank you."

Yifan nods.

"I'm sorry you had to come all the way here just to give me this." Joonmyeon looks down at the bag. He needs to scold Jongdae later for making Yifan doing his work. He lifts his head and meets with Yifan's eyes.

"No, it's fine. I wasn't doing anything." Yifan sees Joonmyeon smiling at him and he looks around, noticing Kyungsoo and Jongin are staring at him. He turns back to Joonmyeon. "I think I should go..."

Joonmyeon purses his lips. He doesn't know why his heart suddenly feels heavy at Yifan's words. "Right." He nods slightly. "You should..."

"Really, Yifan hyung?"

Yifan looks up and sees Jongin is looking at him with raised eyebrows.

"You're just going to leave without taking Joonmyeon hyung out to lunch first?" Jongin eyes the two person in front of him. To be honest, he really doesn't care about Joonmyeon and Yifan's relationship but he can't unseen what he saw. The small smile that graced Joonmyeon's face earlier when the older saw Yifan, or how his cousin keep fidgeting whenever Yifan talk to him. And just now, Joonmyeon himself probably didn't notice it but the tone of his voice changed when he agreed with the Chinese male leaving. He groans in frustration. Why can't Joonmyeon tell Yifan that he doesn't want him to go? Just two words and the Chinese male won't leave. Does he has to do everything around here?

"Jongin..."

Jongin turns to his side and sees Kyungsoo is holding his hand, tugging at it slightly. He takes a deep breath, holding it for a moment and release it through the small opening of his mouth. He spreads his fingers, letting Kyungsoo's hand rests against his palm before lacing them together. He doesn't have time to deal with these in-denial people. He has better things to do and Kyungsoo needs him more than those people. "Joonmyeon hyung."

Joonmyeon stares at his little cousin that is already walking to the door, pulling Kyungsoo with him.

"We are going to lunch and will be back late." Jongin halts his step and turns to face Joonmyeon. "Or, won't be back at all." He shrugs. "Either way, have fun starving."

Yifan watches as Jongin shuts the door closed before turning to look at Joonmyeon again. He stares at the male standing before him and Jongdae's words ringing in his ears. The younger had asked him to make sure Joonmyeon doesn't skip his lunch and overwork himself. He planned to leave after delivering the documents that Joonmyeon wanted and after making sure Joonmyeon goes to lunch with Kyungsoo but seeing what happened just now, he is sure that the male would do just like Jongdae predicted. "Joonmyeon."

Joonmyeon fixes his gaze at Yifan as the male's voice made him remember what is still going on. "Ah, right. Thank... thank you for bringing this to me." He darts his eyes at the paper bag in his hand. Why does his heart feels so tight at the thought of Yifan leaving? It is not like he won't see him anymore. They will meet at home anyway. He shouldn't feel like that. "You... you should go now." He walks pass Yifan, heading towards his own office. With Kyungsoo probably won't be coming back today, he has to finish the report alone and hopefully, he can send it on time.

"Joonmyeon."

Joonmyeon turns at the voice and sees Yifan hasn't leave yet, still standing at the spot where he left him. Did Yifan forget something? "Yes?"

"Have lunch with me." Yifan catches how Joonmyeon's eyes slowly widen at his invitation as if he couldn't believe what he just heard. He stares at the male and nods, assuring him that what he heard was true. He receives a small nod from Joonmyeon before the male disappear behind his office door. He exhales softly. It is just lunch. There is no other meaning to it.

"Way to go, hyung!"

Yifan feels a smack on his shoulder and turns to see Jongin is grinning at him.

"It's about time you make a move. If you wait for my cousin to act, you guys aren't going anywhere!"

Yifan furrows. "What do you mean?" He hears a low chuckle from the younger. "I thought you already left."

"We were." Jongin looks around the office and smiles when he spotted the thing he was looking for on a table not far from him. "Soo left his phone." He takes the device and turns to face Yifan, chuckling when he noticed the confused face Yifan had on him. "Hyung, Joonmyeon hyung likes you."

Yifan stiffens. What? He parts his lips to speak but closes it back when he saw Joonmyeon coming out from his office.

"I'm sorry I made you wait..." Joonmyeon pauses as his eyes meet with his cousin. "Jongin. I thought..."

Jongin raises his hand, cutting the older from finishing his sentence. "I'm here for Kyungsoo's phone. I'm going now. Don't want to be the person disturbing your little date." He chuckles as he notices Joonmyeon blinking repeatedly at his last word. His older cousin is so cute. Still so innocent and clueless about his own feeling. He stops beside Yifan, leaning closer to the older's ear. "Good luck, hyung."

Yifan's eyes follow the younger until he is disappear behind the door. His mind lingers at Jongin's statement earlier. Jongin said that because he is playing with him, right?

"Yifan."

Yifan shifts his gaze from the entrance to his front and sees Joonmyeon standing before him, nervousness is shown all over his face.

"I... I'm sorry about Jongin. He didn't mean anything by that." Joonmyeon examines Yifan's face, afraid the male find it uncomfortable with his little cousin's words. He and Yifan just going for a meal, which is something they do daily at home, just without Jongdae and they are outside. It is definitely not a date.

Yifan nods and he hears a faint relief coming from Joonmyeon, following by a small smile on his lips.

"Where are we eating?"