Thirty-Five

The Road To Me

Yifan breathes, one hand propped under his jaw as the other gently pushing back the stray strands that matted on the small forehead. He smiles, gingerly carding his fingers through the dark locks as he sees a pair of eyes flutters weakly before they are opened just slightly and meeting with his own.

"Hey..."

"Hm..." Yifan breathes out again, eyes staring deeply into those beautiful dark orbs as he lets a tiny hand caress his cheek.

"What time is it?" Joonmyeon sees Yifan's eyes glance to the side before focusing back at him.

"Five thirty."

Joonmyeon's brows raise in reflex despite still a bit sleepy before frowning as he rests his hand on the cold cheek, his thumb grazed softly the skin under the eye. "Can't sleep? How long have you been up?"

"I'm..." Yifan stares down, thinking, before breathing out. "...not sure." He hears a giggle at his answer and he just let it be, his eyes gazing longingly at the person before him. He really doesn't know how long he has been awake. He doesn't remember waking up to such a beautiful view that he never thought he would miss so much. He doesn't remember closing his eyes and falling asleep at the warmth that is radiating from the person that is laying next to him. But he does remember watching those soft eyes fluttering closed and hearing the even breathing coming from the small nose as he fisted his hand to support his head. 

"You should have woken me up." Joonmyeon earns a headshake as a bigger hand envelopes his own that's cupping Yifan's face, bringing his hand down before he feels lips in the inside of it. He watches how Yifan's eyes become hooded as Yifan kisses his palm softly, repeatedly, over and over again before cupping his mouth and nose with it. He can feel Yifan's hot breath against his palm as Yifan breathes in it. "Yifan..."

"Thank you..." Yifan meets with Joonmyeon's beautiful eyes and he kisses the tiny palm again. "Thank you."

Joonmyeon's heart tightens as Yifan keeps kissing his palm and he lowers his hand down from Yifan's mouth, pushing himself off the bed to capture Yifan's lips with his own. He is the one that is thankful and he knows this kiss isn't enough to return the kindness Yifan had been giving him but he made a promise to himself that he will repay all of it with his life. He lets Yifan lead, slowly laying back down on the mattress with Yifan biting his lower lip, hovering over him and his heart tightens again when Yifan deepens their kiss.

Yifan opens his eyes that were closed the moment he felt Joonmyeon's soft lips touching his and he releases Joonmyeon's upper lip he was kissing when he sees tears rolling down from Joonmyeon's closed eyes. He inhales deeply, moving up to kiss the puffed eyes before placing a kiss on Joonmyeon's hair.

"I'm sorry..." Joonmyeon swallows his sobs, feeling Yifan's fingers wiping the tears off his cheeks as a faint hum reaches his ears. He has been through this yesterday, crying his eyes and heart out when Yifan finally managed to trap him between his long arms after he tried to back away from him, saying nonsense as he told Yifan to go and not to come near him, even when his eyes already wet with tears the second he turned around. "I'm sorry..."

"I know..." Yifan nods when another apology slips pass the thin lips and he lays down on his side before pulling Joonmyeon's shaking frame into his embrace, one hand securing Joonmyeon's head on his chest as the other running up and down along the spine. It hurts him seeing Joonmyeon crying but he knows Joonmyeon need a way to let out his feeling and he doesn't mind, as long as he is the only one who can see his vulnerable and unguarded side like this.

Joonmyeon chokes a sob when he feels a kiss on top of his head as the duvet being pulled up to cover his bare shoulder and he burrows deeper into Yifan's chest at the thought. Yifan is sweet and kind and he doesn't deserve someone like him after what he had done. But Yifan kept trying to reach him while they were in the back garden, taking a step forward with his one step back, smiling as he looked into his eyes. He tried to run but his body wouldn't listen, only taking small steps backward as he kept his eyes on Yifan.

Yifan breathes, listening to the sobs that are slowly fading. He remembers that one step forward Joonmyeon took when he finally saw him and his heart was elated before it sank back down when Joonmyeon took a step back, shaking his head as he looked at him. But he understands. Joonmyeon was just afraid he that he might hurt him again but that was why he's here. Nothing hurts him more than being apart from Joonmyeon and his heart swelled in relief when Joonmyeon's fingers curled tightly on his shirt as he hugged him.

Joonmyeon inhales, holding in his breath for a few seconds before slowly letting it out. He sees his tears stain on Yifan's chest and he purses his lips tightly. It is just like yesterday, only this time without Yifan's clothes soaking it. He pulls away slightly, just enough to lift his chin to look at Yifan and he sees Yifan gazing softly at him, not saying a word. He was wrong for hurting Yifan that had done nothing but treated him with all the kindness in the world and he promised not to take Yifan for granted anymore.

Yifan smiles when Joonmyeon reaches up to have their lips connected and he proceeds to peel Joonmyeon's fingers that were balled into a fist and slots his own long ones in between, lacing them together as he brings them up over their heads. His other hand slips underneath Joonmyeon's torso and pushes up the small body over his own, relaxing when Joonmyeon settles comfortably on him with the duvet covering his back, his head tilted to the side as he fitted their lips more firmly into each other.

Joonmyeon giggles when Yifan groans at his bite on Yifan's lower lip and he gives those red lips a quick peck before completely breaking their kiss, sighing softly as he stares into those bright eyes. He can see their tangled hands over Yifan's head as he feels the other one holding his hip steady. "I..."

"I love you so much."

Joonmyeon blinks in disbelief, pouting when he sees Yifan smile at him. He was just going to say that. He turns away when Yifan tries to kiss him and shivers when Yifan kisses that spot behind his ear instead, whispering the same words to him again.

Yifan sighs contently when Joonmyeon faces him back, and he brings his hand up from the thin waist to Joonmyeon's neck, tracing down the necklace chain that is hanging around it until his fingers touch the familiar pendant dangling between their bodies. It was the first thing he saw when he took Joonmyeon's clothes off and he has been wanting to ask about it since then but he couldn't find the right time.

"Yixing gave it to me." Joonmyeon smiles when Yifan looks up from the pendant and at him. "He found it in the trash even though you bought it for me."

"Joonmyeon..."

"No. I understand." Joonmyeon places his hand on top of Yifan's that is still holding his necklace. "What kind of person wouldn't get angry and mad when someone treated them like I did to you. You have the right to throw this out while I don't have the right to wear it but I couldn't help it. I just wanted something to remember you by as we can never see each other again." He looks over at Yifan, sighing softly. "Because, how could I?"

"It wasn't like that." Yifan shakes his head as Joonmyeon stares at him with furrowed eyebrows. He lets go of the necklace and secures his hand around Joonmyeon's waist before slowly rolling them both to lay on their side. He retracts his arm from underneath Joonmyeon's bare torso before pulling himself up to sit on the bed, bringing the pale hand that he never released since he held it a while ago over to his mouth, kissing it gently as he finally uncurls his own fingers around it.

Joonmyeon watches as Yifan bends over towards the floor before he straightens back with his hands holding the white sheet that had fell from the duvet. He sits up when he sees Yifan wrapping the sheet around his middle and Yifan gets off the bed. His eyes follows Yifan that is walking towards the long curtains just a few steps away from their bed before pulling the curtains to the sides, revealing the glass doors behind it.

Yifan heads back to the bed, going to Joonmyeon's side of it and he holds his hand out for Joonmyeon to take. He gazes down at Joonmyeon, watching those beautiful eyes flutter with eyebrows raised in confusion before he feels soft hand touching his own and he tugs it gently, smiling when Joonmyeon bringing the duvet with him as he gets on his feet, keeping it in front of his body.

Joonmyeon feels his cheeks burning as Yifan keeps smiling while looking at him and his grip on the duvet that is covering his lower half of the body becomes thighter when Yifan's hand comes in contact with his upper arm, caressing it gently. He relaxes into the touch and watches calmly as Yifan leans down to kiss his bare shoulder before Yifan wraps him with the rest of the duvet, only letting one hand peeking through it. He follows as Yifan pulls him towards the glass door, stepping out to the balcony and he finally looks up to Yifan when Yifan still hasn't say a word and just staring down at him. "Yifan?"

"You look beautiful."

Joonmyeon's eyes flutter in disbelief because what is Yifan saying? He just woke up a while ago and he doesn't have to look in the mirror to see how messy he is right now. He can feel how dry his face is, his hair is tousled and sticking out in every direction and he is wearing a duvet as a makeshift clothes with nothing underneath. He is a wreck and a walking mess and he lowers his chin, burying his face in the duvet at the fact that he has been looking like since a while ago.

"Hey..."

Joonmyeon stays still, ignoring Yifan's gentle tug on the duvet as the sudden realization that Yifan is going to see him like this every morning from now on hits him. Maybe they should sleep in separate bedrooms like before. Then he can at least spare Yifan from seeing at this nightmare version of him.

"Joonmyeon." Yifan steps closer and slowly lifts Joonmyeon's head from its hiding place, sighing softly at the beautiful view before him. Joonmyeon has his back facing the sun that is just rose and the soft light that surrounds him making he look like he is glowing. He sighs contently. Just like after their first night together. "I didn't throw out the necklace because I was mad at you. I threw it out because it wasn't enough."

"What do you mean?"

"I missed you."

Joonmyeon's breath hitches when Yifan leans down to meet their foreheads.

"I missed you so much that I couldn't take it anymore. I signed those papers because you wanted me to and I left the house because I thought it was the right thing to do but then I started to miss you. I missed your smiles, your eyes, your touches... your kisses..."

Joonmyeon feels Yifan's breath ghosting on his lips and he breathes out, looking up when Yifan pulls away.

"I knew that necklace wasn't enough and I just... I need you..."

Joonmyeon sees Yifan bring his balled up hand up and his lips purse at the sight of a small box when the fist opens. "Yifan..."

Yifan opens the velvet box and pulls out the ring that reside in it. He takes Joonmyeon's hand that is peeking through the duvet and he slips the silver band on the ring finger, kissing the tiny hand as he holds it gently. He only knew about what Yixing did with the document yesterday from Jongdae after he had told the younger about his plan to win Joonmyeon back. He doesn't know what happen or where is the document now and he doesn't care. He will fight for Joonmyeon with his life no matter what may comes their way.

Joonmyeon catches the ring glinting on Yifan's finger and he notices it isn't the ring he put on Yifan on their wedding day but a new one, one that was carved to look like a pair of wings, just like his own. He looks up to meet with Yifan's dark orbs. He still has his old wedding ring, safe inside the brown envelope he received days ago that he put away somewhere in the study room because he wasn't sure what to do with both of the items. But now he does.

"Kim Joonmyeon." Yifan hooks a finger under Joonmyeon's chin, his thumb brushing softly the pink lower lip as he gazes deeply into those beautiful eyes. He can't describe the feeling of being able to have this wonderful person that he ever loved back by his side. It was stupid of him, waiting this long to win Joonmyeon's heart back when he knew how Joonmyeon feel about him and what they share between them is real. He can never be thankful enough at the thought of Joonmyeon accepting him back into his life and he will do anything to return these feelings he is receiving.

Joonmyeon sighs against those soft lips as Yifan claims his own chapped ones, hands on both sides of his face, cupping his jaw. He is wearing a duvet and the sun is shining on his face but both warmths aren't the one that is melting his heart. He doesn't know how he had survived those days without the feeling of Yifan's lips against his own and Yifan's touches against his skin but he knows that if it ever happen again, he wouldn't be able to continue living his life like before.

Yifan inhales deeply, resting his forehead against Joonmyeon's, his hooded eyes staring into the dilated pupils. "I..."

"I love you so much, Wu Yifan."

Yifan blinks at the cut of his word and he smiles when a giggle reaches his ears as the duvet opens, feeling lips kissing his neck and nose nuzzles against it as the fluffy material circles his arms, closing behind him. He sighs contently, his hands inside the duvet dropped on the thin waist and trap the unclothed figure inside his own arms. "I love you."

Joonmyeon hums, letting the fuzzy feeling swell in his heart as he remembers how everything had started. How he met Yifan because of his inheritence and Yixing's ambition but discovered something special between them along the way. How it was supposed to be business and they would part after but then fate had other plan and they fall in love.