Two

The Road To Me

"Welcome! What would you have, sir?"

"Two Seafood Surprise, one Meatlover and one Chicken Crunch to go, please."

"Right away, sir."

"So?"

"So what?" Yixing answers without looking at the owner's voice while his hands preparing the customer's orders.

"You were telling me about the schorlaship. Did the answer letter arrive yet?"

"It did, a couple days ago."

Baekhyun stops working on the sandwiches in his hands and turns to face his friend. "Did you get it?"

Yixing pauses for a moment before looking at Baekhyun. "No."

Baekhyun couldn't hide his disappoinment and let a long sigh. He has been praying hard for Yixing because he knows how much his friend wants to study music. Yixing is such a great artist and he deserve the best education there is but not everyone can achieve their dreams, even when they give their best.

"Yifan ge knows about it."

Baekhyun's eyes widen because the only person that knew about Yixing applying for the schorlaship is him. "How?"

"He saw the letter first." Yixing sighs. He had a day off that day but decided to go practice with the band, from lunch until his performance at night. If only he didn't went to practice. "You were right. I should have used your address instead."

Baekhyun takes a deep breath as he finishes the orders. "I think it is a good think Yifan hyung knows about it. I actually felt a little bit guilty hiding it from him. I went to the cafe the other day and he gave me free brownie. I was hesitant at first, whether to receive it or not but the smell of the fresh baked brownie tells me that it is okay because schorlaship and brownie has nothing in common."

Yixing shakes his head as he sees Baekhyun trying to recall the taste of the brownie in his mind. "Stop it and finish the order first."

Baekhyun gives his friend a big smile as he wraps the last order of sandwich in foil. He hands out the wrapped sandwich to Yixing and watches the Chinese male ring up the bill. "Hyung."

Yixing hums a reponse as he receives the money from the customer.

"Do you have performance tonight?"

"Yes, like every other night. Why do you ask something you already know?" Yixing smiles as he gives the customer his change.

"Because I like it!" Baekhyun sees the customer walking toward him as he wants to exits the shop. He waves his hand, telling the customer to come to him.

"Me?"

Baekhyun nods as he pulls out a flier from his pocket, while his eyes looking around the deli shop. "Here." He gives the customer the green paper. "If you have time, come to the club. My friend there is a great musician." He points at Yixing.

Yixing squints his eyes, looking at Baekhyun that is acting very suspicious with a customer. "Baek, what are you doing?"

Baekhyun sees Yixing walking slowly toward him and quickly pushes the customer away. "Bring your friends too! Goodbye! Come again to our shop!"

Yixing catches a glimpse of green paper in the customer's hand before he exits the shop. He glares at his best friend but receives a smile instead. "You know we can't do that. The manager already gave us a warning."

"He gave 'me' a warning. Don't worry, hyung." Baekhyun pats Yixing's shoulder. "I am a ninja in my past life. I won't get caught again."

"A lousy one."

"Hey, a ninja is still a ninja." Baekhyun wiggles his brows.

 

 

+ + + + +

 

 

"Joonmyeon hyung, you are really here."

Joonmyeon looks up from his drink to the owner's voice. He watches as his cousin pulls out a chair and sit across him.

Jongin smiles as he grabs Joonmyeon's cup and takes a sip. "Vanilla latte? Urgh! I should have known." He pushes back the cup toward Joonmyeon. "Can't you drink something more manly?" He smirks. "Vanilla latte."

Since when a drink made someone more manly? Joonmyeon put his cup to the side and looking straight at Jongin. "What do you want?"

"Nothing." Jongin looks a round the cafe. "It is kind of nice here. No wonder you like to go here."

The cafe is nice and that is one of the reason why Joonmyeon likes to come and buy his favorite vanilla latte here. Another reason is that he knows that Jongin won't come and bother him because his little cousin is too proud to step inside the humble cafe. But looks like he was wrong. "I thought you don't go to this kind of place."

"I don't." Jongin turns and faces his cousin. "I just want to tell you that you should give up and just let me take over the company." He looks at the car key in his hand. "I will make it better than now."

Joonmyeon takes a deep breath. "Your uncle, my dad is still alive. That company is still his."

"It just a matter of time, hyung. You should prepare for it."

Joonmyeon holds himself back from throwing his vanilla latte at Jongin. "Why you want the company anyway? You don't know anything about architecture."

"It is true I don't but I can always hire people that do." Jongin stares straight at Joonmyeon. "Like you, hyung." He smiles. "If you step back, hyung, I will let you work just like right now. I can promote you, or give you a raise, or anything that you want. Only if you do as I say."

Joonmyeon pushes his cup further away, afraid that he might really throw the drink at the face across him. "I won't." He glares. "I have been helping the company since college and I don't want it to be destroy by you."

Jongin chuckles. "Why would I want to do that? If the company is destroyed, I can't become the president anymore, and I don't want that."

Joonmyeon clenches his fist. "You want the company because you want to be the president?"

Jongin nods.

"Then why don't you build your own company? You can build a bowling company. That way you don't have to go to the bowling place and waste you time there."

Jongin sighs. "Hyung, hyung. Why are you so stubborn? I asked politely, you know." He stands up. "By the way, I have found someone and we are going to get married next week."

Joonmyeon's eyes widen. He accidently knocks off the vanilla latte that was placed at the end of the table as he abruptly stands up. "You, what?!"

"You heard me. You won't receive a card because it will be a small ceremony, just us family and a few of my friends and my late dad's friends." Jongin smiles before walking away. "See you at the wedding."

Joonmyeon just watches his cousins exits the cafe. He glances at the floor and sees his drink all over it.

"Are you okay, sir?"

Joonmyeon smiles at the cafe employee before nodding. "I'm sorry about this."

"Don't worry about it. I will clean it up. Yifan, bring me the mop!"

"Thank you." Joonmyeon bows and he sees another employee walking toward him with a mop in hand when he looks up. "I guess, I will be going now."

"Come again."