Ten

The Road To Me

"I do."

Zitao closes his eyes, standing up slowly from his seat and walk away. This is stupid. He is stupid. Why does he has such a big mouth? He should just let Joonmyeon signs those papers and all would be done. Then, the wedding is not needed and he wouldn't be here, standing alone under a big tree, watching the ceremony that is almost finish from afar.

"Too bad it's not you, huh?"

Zitao turns at the voice and see Jongin is standing beside him, lips curving up. He couldn't tell it's a smile or a smirk. "What do you want?"

"Nothing." Jongin fixes his gaze at the couple that being surrounded by the guests. "Joonmyeon hyung really look beautiful in those clothes. You picked for him, right?"

"Jongdae ge."

"Same difference." Jongin chuckles. "But sorry to say, Joonmyeon hyung can't win against my Soo."

Zitao glances and see Jongin pulling Kyungsoo that he didn't notice before to stand beside him. He watches as the younger bringing Kyungsoo's hand to his lips.

"My Kyungsoo is the prettiest to me."

Kyungsoo smiles weakly at the compliment. Jongin doesn't have to do that. He knows that he is not because Joonmyeon looks so beautiful in the white tuxedo he is wearing. He lets Jongin entwines their fingers after the younger kissed his hand. He glances around and flinch when he met with Zitao's eyes.

"How are things at the office?"

Kyungsoo swallows, before darting his gaze to Jongin. "Fi..."

"Why do you want to know?" Jongin cuts as he pulls Kyungsoo closer to him. He doesn't like the tone used by the older toward Kyungsoo.

Zitao watches as Jongin steps forward, covering Kyungsoo that is now behind him. He notices the younger tighten his grip, holding Kyungsoo's hand firmly. "No reason."

"Then, there is no reason to tell you." Jongin rolls his eyes. This is one of the reason why he doesn't want to come to Joonmyeon's wedding at the first place but he couldn't say no to Kyungsoo. All the guests mostly on Joonmyeon's side and after his reckless action earlier that week, people are going to question Kyungsoo's ability as his cousin's assistant. Those people don't know Kyungsoo like he does, including Zitao and Jongdae.

Zitao sighs. He doesn't mind Kyungsoo working with Joonmyeon but he doesn't like the fact that the doe-eyed male is married to Jongin. He throws his gaze to the crowd and squint his eyes when he saw someone waving at him.

"Jongin..."

Jongin turns at the soft voice when he felt Kyungsoo tugging his hand. He follows Kyungsoo's line of sight and see two people walking toward them. He bites his lower lips before cursing under his breath. What is 'he' doing here? He tighten his grip on Kyungsoo's small hand. "I'm hungry. Let's go eat something."

Zitao turns to see Jongin already walking away from him with Kyungsoo following behind. He turns back to his front when he felt a light smack on his arm.

"What are you looking at?"

"Ge, you came."

Baekhyun smiles, nodding. "Of course! I wouldn't miss it for the world." He looks around the backyard garden wedding. So, this is how rich people live.

Zitao chuckles as the older keeps looking around with eyes as big as it can get. He furrows when he spotted someone is standing behind Baekhyun. "Ge."

Baekhyun shifts his focus that was fixed at the chocolate fountain on the buffet table to the Chinese male in front of him. "What?"

"Who is that?"

Baekhyun turns when Zitao pouted, pointing at his back and see his housemate is standing still like a lamp post a few steps from him. He really thought he had pulled the younger to his side. "Sehun!"

Zitao watches as Baekhyun waving his hand, signaling the stranger to come to him. He smiles when the stranger that is almost as the same height as him finally standing right in front of him.

"Tao, this is Sehun, my new housemate. He just moved in a couple days ago."

"Oh! Hi, I'm Zitao."

Sehun smiles as he takes the hand that was offered to him. "Sehun." He looks around before fixing his eyes at the Chinese male in front of him. "Congratulation on the wedding."

Zitao freezes. He said that because Joonmyeon is your friend, you stupid. He smiles weakly. "Thank you."

"Joonmyeon hyung look so beautiful."

Zitao searches his childhood friend among the crowd and his gaze stops at the fairest male in it.

"But I never thought that hyung was so tiny."

Zitao furrows his brows at the statement. What does Baekhyun mean by that?

"It's because Yifan hyung is too tall."

Zitao turns at Sehun and see the male has his eyes fixed at the newly married couple. Joonmyeon is standing right next to Yifan as the couple has their picture taken by the guests and Baekhyun's words echo in his head. Why didn't he noticed it before? That Joonmyeon is not as tall as he is. He watches as Yifan lowers himself before Joonmyeon whispered something to his ears. Did he ever do that?

"Tao."

Baekhyun turns to see a same-sized male standing beside Zitao.

Jongdae smiles at the two strangers before turning back his focus to the Chinese male. "Joonmyeon hyung was looking for you."

Zitao takes a deep breath. "Why?"

"He just wondering where you are. He didn't see you after the ceremomy."

Sehun sees Zitao nods as he excuses himself from the group. He smiles at the stranger in front of him.

"You must be Baekhyun."

Baekhyun's eyes widen in surprise. How did the stranger know? Have they met before?

"Yixing hyung told me about his best friend." Jongdae smiles when saw Baekhyun nodding at his words. He shifts his focus to the taller male next to Baekhyun. "I'm sorry. Yixing hyung didn't mention you."

Sehun shakes his head. Of course Yixing didn't mention him. They never met before but his housemate did tell him about the said Chinese male. He smiles, holding out his hand. "I'm Sehun. I just moved in with Baekhyun hyung."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Jongdae, Joonmyeon's butler."

Baekhyun gasps. So, this is the butler. He scans the male in front of him. He looks nothing like the butler image in his head.

"Please help yourselves with the food." Jongdae turns, eyes darting at the buffet table.

Sehun nods.

"If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to ask."

Baekhyun smiles. Now is his chance. "Mr. Butler."

Jongdae chuckles. No one ever called him that. "Jongdae is fine."

"Mr. Jongdae."

"Yes?"

"Can you take us to a tour of the mansion?"

Jongdae can see Baekhyun's eyes sprakle while looking at him. He smiles and give the same-sized male a nod. "Sure. Do you want to go now?"

"Later. Sehun said he's hungry and couldn't wait to taste all the delicious food."

Sehun snaps his head to his housemate. When did he say that? He is indeed hungry but he never said that.

Jongdae nods. "Then, I will come by later. Enjoy your meal." He turns away.

"Wait!"

Jongdae stops his steps and turn back to the two people. "Yes?"

"Can you tell me where can I buy the chocolate fountain?"

Sehun's eyes widen at the question. What is this hyung asking?

"Hm?"

"You see, Sehun loves chocolate and... "

Sehun bites his lips as he nudges the older's side. This hyung is using him for what he want for himself!

Jongdae notices Sehun's action and chuckle. "Actually, we have a mini one that we rarely use. If you don't mind used item, I'll be glad if you take it."

Sehun sighs when he saw Baekhyun nodded eagerly.

"Of course!"

 

 

+ + + + +

 

 

Yifan tosses, lying on his back. It has been two hours since he tried to sleep but his eyes just won't close. He exhales as his eyes fix at the beautiful decoration right above him. Never had crossed his mind that a ceiling could be that beautiful and would be so high up. He takes a deep breath and climb down from his bed, exiting his new room. He stops at the door, staring at the room right across him. The door is closed and he can't see any light coming from the inside. The owner is probably already asleep. He walks down the stairs, heading straight to the kitchen when he heard noises coming from the room.

"Oh? Yifan hyung. What are you doing still up?"

Yifan smiles at Jongdae that is drying his hands with the hand towel near the sink. Seems like the younger had just finished washing the dishes. He walks to the fridge and take out a carton of milk.

Jongdae watches as Yifan reaching for the glass from the upper cupboard without standing on his toes. A tint of envy at the older's height and long legs emerges in him and he chuckles at his own thought. He walks and stand beside the Chinese male. "Do you want me to heat it up for you?"

Yifan shakes, rejecting the butler's offer. His mind is still trying to convince himself that he has a butler, a person that is paid to help around the house, a job that he used to do with Yixing without getting a single cent. At least until yesterday. He smiles at Jongdae and take a seat at the dinner table.

"Do you want something to eat? I can make a simple one real fast." Jongdae puts the cookie jar that he took from the pantry in front of Yifan. He gets a headshake from the older and he smiles. "You know you can ask me anything, hyung. It is my job."

Yifan nods. He knows but how can he do that to a person he barely know? He takes a sip of his drink as he watches the younger tidying up the kitchen.

"Do you like your room, hyung?"

Yifan nods but then he realizes that the younger has his back facing him. "Hm, it's... fine."

"Glad you like it. Joonmyeon hyung said to just put the basic, simple stuff. He said you can decorate it yourself later."

Yifan sips his drink, head trying to remember the stuff that being mentioned but he couldn't. Nothing is simple or basic in his bedroom or even the room itself. He was awestruck when Jongdae showed his room that is definitely bigger than his old one. His wardrobe, although he has only one, is much taller than he is and has to stand on his toes to reach for the upper shelf. He never had that difficulty before as he can reach mostly everything back at his house. His bed can fit another two of him and he has his own bathroom. He almost spilled his milk when the Korean male suddenly turned, facing him.

"Do you want to ask me something, hyung?"

Yifan gulps. Is he that obvious? There are so many questions in his head he needs answers to but asking them in the middle of the night seems thoughtless. He shakes, gripping his glass of milk tightly. "Ah, no. Nothing."

Jongdae smiles at the stuttered answer. He glances at the clock hanging on the kitchen wall before looking at Yifan. "Then, if you would excuse me, hyung, I'm going to rest."

Yifan nods and his eyes follow Jongdae as the younger exits the kitchen. He frowns when Jongdae stopped and turned, a smile etched on his face.

"Ah! Before I forget."

Yifan blinks.

"Welcome to the family, Yifan hyung."

Yifan swallows, eyes watching the younger disappear behind the walls. 'Welcome to the family.' He doesn't know how to react to that. Can he be considered as a 'family' when the reason he got married is for the money? 'Business partner' would be more accurate to describe what he is because he is not the only one getting the benefit from this marriage. It is just a business. He takes a cookie from the cookie jar and take a bite. A good business.

"Jongdae."

Yifan snaps his head to the entrance to see a small figure entering the kitchen. He blinks when the figure paused, eyes staring at him in surprise.

"Oh? Yifan. Still up?"

Yifan nods. Why does everyone expect him to be asleep? He watches as the small figure looking around the kitchen. "Jongdae already went to rest."

Joonmyeon turns and smile when his eyes met with Yifan's. "Looks like it." He walks to the fridge and open it.

Yifan hears a faint sigh as the fridge door being closed. He watches as the small figure placing a plate of cake on the dinner table, before pulling out a chair and sit across him.

Joonmyeon looks up from his plate, mouth full with his leftover wedding cake, to see Yifan staring at him. He pushes his plate forward, jerking his chin a little.

"No, it's fine." 

Joonmyeon pulls back the dessert and spoon another bite into his mouth. Eating only cake won't make him stay up all night. He has works to finish and Jongdae's coffee is the only thing can make him wide awake but even thought the younger works for him, he still has his conscience and not waking up the younger in the middle of the night is one of them.

Yifan's eyes lock at the figure across him that is eating their wedding cake deliciously. 'He will turn into a hungry bunny in front of food.' He takes another cookie and bite it, with eyes still fixed at the figure. The small figure really looks like a small bunny and he unconciously smile at his own thought.

Joonmyeon notices the small smile and he nods. "I know."

Yifan blinks as he swallows the last bit of the cookie, not understanding the sudden conversation.

"Jongdae makes the best cookies in the world." Joonmyeon reaches for the cookie jar, taking a piece of out it and stuff it as a whole into his mouth. "His food never fail to make me smile too."

Yifan furrows, still couldn't understand the conversation and the mentioned of the younger. His eyes follow the figure as the small hand taking out another piece of cookie and eat it as a whole. You are married to this bunny. Deal with it. He inhales and watch the figure in front of him finishes the vanilla cake before leaning back to his chair with unsatisfied face. He hears a sigh before his eyes met with a pair of small ones across him.

"Do you want to go out?"

Yifan blinks before glancing at the wall clock. It is almost two in the morning. He turns back and see the small figure is scratching his head, mouth parts a little.

Joonmyeon smiles dumbly as he realized that his question need some explanation with it. He straighten his back, eyes locked at Yifan. "I want to get some coffee. Would you like to come with?"

Yifan furrows as he couldn't understand the purpose of wanting to go out in the middle of the night just to get some coffee. From where he is sitting, he can see an expensive-looking coffee machine on the counter top with several jars labeled with coffee beans names on it. There is no reason to go somewhere else to drink coffee.

Joonmyeon glances over his shoulder, wanting to know what Yifan has been staring at. He bites his lower lips when he spotted the chrome-plated machine behind him and slowly turning his head back, facing the Chinese male. He smiles. "I don't know how to use it. Jongdae is the expert one."

The words that come out from the small mouth made Yifan realized that the figure sitting across him isn't like him, a regular person with a regular job, because a regular person with a regular job couldn't affort that state-of-the-art coffee maker. He stares straight at the figure. "Do you want me to make you some?"

Joonmyeon beams. "Really?" If Yifan can make him some, he doesn't need to go out and can use the time to finish his work. His eyes follow the Chinese male that is already standing and walking to the counter top behind him. He smiles as he watches the broad back walking around, preparing the drink for him. He couldn't help feeling amaze that Yifan knows how to operate that chrome-plated machine. He brought that a while back and get scolded by Jongdae because they don't need three coffee makers but he just couldn't say no to the salesperson.

Yifan could feel a pair of eyes following his every moves as he prepares the coffee. He turns slightly and his eyes meet with two small cresents. "Do you want black?"

Joonmyeon shakes. He can't drink black coffee. It is too strong for him and make his stomach queasy. "Can you make vanilla latte?" He smiles widely when he received a nod from the Chinese male. He stands on his feet and walk to the fridge, taking out the whipped cream from it.

Yifan stares at the tin can that being put in front of him before turning to his side where the small figure is standing, eyes sparkling while looking at him.

"With a lot of whipped cream."

Yifan nods. He finishes the drink with the small figure stuck to his side, watching him closely. It's so close that he can feel the figure's warmth against his skin.

Joonmyeon's eyes widen as Yifan sprays the tin can, making a circling motion over the finished vanilla latte. He stares at the drink that is being handed to him before looking up to meet with the Chinese male's eyes. "Thank you."

Yifan nods as he watches the small figure taking a sip of the drink.

"It tastes the same."

Yifan furrows.

"Just like the one at the cafe."

Yifan flinches. Right. He heard from Baekhyun that the small figure loves to visit the cafe where he work, where he is in charge of making coffee almost everyday. He looks at the small figure and see a smile slowly forming up.

"I wonder if we ever met before."

Yifan couldn't reply and can only stand still as the small figure already walk away, exiting the kitchen with the vanilla latte in his hands. Would he still be standing here if they did?