Something new

NOLZA (discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Minzy POV

„Are you sure unnie?”

„Yeah, you’ll look daebak” CL said.

She was right it suits me. Dara unnie said that because of red hair my face looks innocent and lips seem so kissable that no boy could resist them.   As always Dara and Bom unnies  thought about younger flower boys and finding me a boyfriend.  After getting my hair dyed and cut, we decided to go shopping. How I wished I could have more money and buy all the clothes that I liked. I always admired Chaerin unnie. She always looked so fashionable and what is mores she made her accessories herself.

It was awkward for me to ask my aunt for money. She’s a workaholic and whenever I see her she talks only about work. Also I rarely see her, she’s at work or on business trip. When I’m home I’m mostly alone. My parents are divorced and both are out of Korea. Mom’s a journalist and she travels around world, dad lives in Japan with his new wife.

 

*flashback*

I remember always being alone, birthdays, graduations and so on. But my lonely life don’t  bother me since high school when I met  CL, Bom, Dara unnies. I was never popular or thought about me as a beauty. Before I started to hang out with them it was a pretty dark period of my life. No one was talking to me, I was ignoring everyone always wearing  earphones. I used to release all the pain and sadness that was inside me through dancing.

It was my birthday, sick of being alone I went to the park near my school. Dancing my heart out wasn’t enough, I felt  empty inside. After sitting on the ground I’ve heard someone clapping. Looking up I saw a girl smiling at me. I was in shock.

„How… Did you see…?” I said.

„Of course!!That was amazing!!Daaeeebak…  What is your name? Are you going to EN High School? How old are you? Have you learned dancing? ” She started shooting me with questions.

I was taken back. She looked so cool with her black hair and sparkly cat eyes.

„Ummm… I’m Gong Min Ji, but…    you can call me Minzy and yes, I attend ENHS”.

„Sooo dear Minzy  I’m Lee Chaerrin but everyone calls me CL and from now on you’re a part of 2NE1!” she said winking at me.

And thats how itt all started. She grabbed my hand and took me to a karaoke cafe. We entered one of the rooms there and CL shouted

„Whaaaaaats uuuup 2NE1! This is Gong Min Ji but call her Minzy  and she’ll be our main dancer”

„UUUUuuuu… you seem very excited Chaerinie. What happened??” said a girl with doll like face and long, wavy, dark  hair.  I noticed that her nails was a masterpiece because she tended to gesticulate adorably.

„Bomie unnie can you believe that she goes to my school? I thought  it’s gonna be so boring there and here she is. She’s got the moooves guuurlz.

„Omo… dancer, how cool. Where did you find her?” Said another beautiful girl with brown hair.

„I saw her by accident and I think she’s flawless. Even though I didn’t hear any music I saw the beat in her each move. So Minzy… We are 2NE1. I’m i charge of rapping, Bom unni is our main vocal, Dara is our fresh vocal and vampire beauty.” CL ended laughing.

„Vampire…??”I repeated . All of them laughed .

„Well… actually me and Bom are 27.” Dara said

My jaw dropped. „Wow…” Is all I could say. For me they looked my age or maybe 1-2 yrs older.

„Ehmm… Minzy can you show us your dancing?” Dara said with sparkling eyes.

„But there is no music” I said .

„Wait a sec…” CL said grabbing remote controller and picking an old style hiphop song.

„Ok…” I started dancing

„Woaah!!” Bom and Dara said.

„And she’s only 17!!” CL said.

I felt my cheeks getting really red. I didn’t remember when was the last time I felt like this. Tickling warmth inside and butterflies in my stomach.

„From now on four of us will be best friends. What say you, Minzy? Hang out with us” Bom said pouting cutely. They all were smiling and waiting for my reply.

How can this be I thought. Me having friends seemed surreal. But this feeling I had being with them was addictive. Why should I hide myself from them. They were first ones to see this side of me.

„I was really depressed today”. I said. „Today is my birthday and I had nobody to share that day with. And now here I am, with you feeling so happy and showing my true self. So

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter