Chapter 18

What Is Love?

*Woohyun's POV*

       I look at ____________ happily. Thank God Ricky accepted my request. "____________-ah, would you like to dance with me first?" I asked her with a bright smile. She widened her eyes and said, "Honestly, I'd reject you but that'll only ruin everything so yeah sure whatever, lets go". I mumbled 'YES' and winked at the others.

 

*Gikwang's POV*

     I look at Woohyun and _____________, not able to hide my jealousy. IT WAS MY IDEA and he got to dance with her first. so unfair..

     "Yah, your idea was so stupid. BEG FROM THAT KID JUST TO DANCE WITH HER?" Myungsoo hissed and rolled his eyes. "Well atleast we still get to dance with her, right?" I smiled crookedly. He nodded slightly and looked away.

 

*Your POV*

     Woohyun keeps on whispering funny things to my ear. I couldn't help but to giggle. "How does it feel to dance with THE Peter Pan?" He laughed while holding my waist tightly. "Well, its not as bad as I thought it'd be" I grinned and punch his arm jokingly. The night goes on and on. They showed me 3 different personalities. Woohyun with his funny yet cute personality. Gikwang with his charming and sweet personality while Myungsoo with his y style and caring personality. I was enjoying the dance too much that I almost forgot about Ricky. I let go of Myungsoo's grip and thanked him for the lovely dance. I searched around for Ricky. At last, I found him standing alone in a corner with Min near him babbling something. "R-Ricky.. are you okay?" I stuttered, feeling guilty for ditching him. "Oh, love--- anhi. Noona, yeah I'm okay" He said while lowering down his head. Min gave me the I'm-gonna-leave-you-guys-alone sign and went to some guy she'd met in Chemistry class. I stood beside Ricky while looking at his face. "I'm sorry". "W-wae oh? You didn't do anything wrong, noona" He smiled crookedly. I took his hand and drag him to the center of the dance floor, "I hope this will make you feel better". I put my hand over his shoulder. Slowly, he put his arm over my waist and we slow danced. We didn't say a word so I decided to break the awkward silence.

  "Ricky, have you ever been in love?" I mutttered. "Anhi. Have you?" He replied. "Yeah, and it was terrifying. He was my first love. But yeah it didn't turn out so well" I said unsurely. He stopped dancing, and looked right into my eyes. "Noona, what if I tell you I like you?". I became speechless. Slowly, I pulled my hands away from him. I looked down and said, "I-I don't know, Ricky-ah. Y-you're really nice, cute and all. But you see, I am just not ready for this. You're like my little brother and.. y-you know----" I stuttered and lift my head up to see his expression changed. Tears began to form in his eyes. "Ricky, I didn't mean to hurt you" I tried to wipe the tears off but he pushed my hand away lightly. "Anhi. I'm okay. I understand, you're not ready. It was nice dancing with you. Bye noona" He faked a smile and ran away. I began to cry silently.

 I walked home alone that night. It was raining heavily. My phone rang numerously. It was probably Woohyun. I couldn't care less. As soon as I reach home, I quickly went inside my room and went to bed. I could hear Woohyun knocking on the door, asking me to come out. That night didn't turn out that well after all...

 

 

      The next day, I skipped school. I caught a fever and couldn't get out of bed at all. I received calls from Gikwang and Myungsoo many many times but I ignored all of them. Oh my god _____________-ah, why are you being like this just because of Ricky? Geurae, its only because I felt guilty. Nothing more than that. I dislike getting hurt but I hurt others' feelings. I'm such an idiot.

   A few days later, I went back to school. "HEY _____________! ARE YOU OKAY NOW?" Min squealed while hugging me tightly. "Y-Y-Yes I am omo let go of me!" I yelled, gasping for air. "Arasseo. Mianhae, we missed you so much!! Gikwang and Myungsoo nearly died without you hahaha" She laughed loudly, causing the others to look at her weirdly.

   As Min, Jinyoung and I walked to our class, we passed by Ricky who were talking to his friends. I looked at him, forming a smile on my mouth. But instead, he glared and looked away. I don't know why but my heart hurts. "Yah, isn't that Ricky? Why is he avoiding you?" Jinyoung asked. I didn't answer, instead I walked away with tears rolling down my cheeks.

 

*Ricky's POV*

       Mianhae noona.. I don't know how to face you anymore. Everything you said that day made sense. And it'd be wrong for me to bug you if you're not ready. I'm sure one day, you'll find the right guy for you.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I know this is confusing and boring. sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. please look forward to the next chapter :B