Special Chapter: Heartbeat…

Twelve Guys & One Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hey! Hey! Hey! Sorry if I lied about the 150 subscribers I just couldn't wait to post this. So here's a special chapter for my beloved readers. 

 

 

It’s been a 15 months since Hyunmi’s death and the boys have slowly recovered. They’re able to do their normal routine; go back to their work, and just being boys.

All eleven of them have been better and they promise that they won’t ever go back to that state; that state when you died and they just couldn’t accept it. Kris has been off to China, recovering in his own way, like he said.

                                                                                            

One particular Friday…

 

Luhan wasn’t feeling well and decided to stay home and skip work.

 

“You sure you’re going to be fine? No one’s here to take care of you.” Xiumin told him.

“I’ll be fine.” He answered softly.

“I’m sorry we have to go Hyung. Don’t worry we’ll tell Minhyo-noona that you aren’t feeling well.” Suho reassured the elder.

“Also; I left some chicken soup in the fridge. Just heat it up when you want something to eat.” D.O added.

“Thanks.” Luhan meekly said.

“Feel better Hyung. We’ll be back later.” Sehun told him.

 

Luhan just nodded.

 

The ten boys left Luhan in the apartment alone and went to work; while the latter just slept, feeling tired. He was too tired that he just slept at the living room couch.

 

A couple of hours later…

 

*Knock, knock, knock*

 

Luhan’s faced scrunched up then another set of knocks was heard again. Finally unable to bear the noise, Luhan stood up and opened the door to see the land lady smiling at him.

 

“Oh! Sorry to disturb you young man but can you do me a favor?” She told him.

 

Luhan, who was annoyed at the lady for disrupting his sleep, just nodded so that he could get it over with.

 

“Well you see… I was supposed to tour someone in the apartment room in front of yours but something urgent came up and well… I can’t tour her and it would be a shame to let her come back tomorrow since she came all the way here. So would you be kind enough to show her around the place for me?” She told him.

 

Luhan just stared at the lady with a blank expression on his face; the lady beamed and took his silence as a yes.

 

“Well then… Miss, come here.” She called the person who was somewhere near her but Luhan couldn’t see since the door was blocking the other person.

 

Right then a young lady appeared shyly smiling at him.

 

“I trust you to take care of her then. Goodbye!” and with that said, the land lady left, leaving him and this mystery girl alone.

 

Luhan observed the girl in front of him from head to toe; though he admits she was pretty, his heart wasn’t just in it.

The girl felt shy from his stares and tried to break the awkward situation.

 

“Uhm… So you’re going to show me around?” She asked him.

“Huh?” He said, feeling puzzled, and then he realized what she meant.

“Oh, ugh… yeah. I guess so.” He answered.

 

The two of them stood there in silence for quite awhile.

 

“Oh! Wait here.” He told her then suddenly shuts the door in front; that took her by surprise.

 

A couple of minutes later, Luhan came out of the apartment wearing a sweater and holding a bunch of keys.

 

“Follow me.” He ordered.

 

Luhan opened the door to Hyunmi’s previous apartment and led her in. The young girl observed the place; she felt curious about it since there was still some furniture left in the apartment.

Luhan saw her expression and knew what she was thinking about.

 

“Just… Just ignore the furniture. The old tenant left it, and we just kept it, not knowing what to do with it.” He told her.

 

She mouthed an ‘Oh’ and just nodded.

 

“The place seems fine. Minus the furniture, it seems well kept.” She said.

“We always come to clean the place up. We had to keep it clean.” He told her.

“Oh? Why so? Is there any particular reason?” She asked him; feeling curious.

“The previous tenant was a friend of ours, so when she left… We… We asked the land lady if we could keep the room for awhile.” He answered sadly.

 

The young girl just nodded, not bothering to ask why anymore, hearing from the tone of his voice seems like he doesn’t want to talk about it.

 

“But I guess it’s time for this place to have a new owner.” He told her.

“Well I can’t really say. Can I check the rooms?” She told him, he nodded.

 

They toured around the apartment, as she observed the kitchen, the bathroom, the bedroom and the bed room bathroom.

 

“Are these the only rooms in the house?” She asked him.

 

Luhan said no words and just stared at a book case that was slightly slanted. She followed his gaze and stared at the book case too.

Luhan went near the book case and tried to push it aside, the young lady realize what he was trying to do and helped him out; after the book case was pushed aside, it revealed a door.

Luhan opened the door revealing a stair case leading somewhere up. He started to climb up the stairs and the young lady followed. When they were at the top, three doors were shown.

 

“Each door has a room behind it.” He simply said.

“Can I see them?” She asked permission.

 

Luhan unlocked each doors as the young girl observed them.

 

“Hmm… It seems to be fine. Actually it’s perfect!” She said.

“But I’m quite curious… Why was this place hidden?” She asked him.

“I’m sorry but I can’t answer that.” He apologizes.

“But you knew right? You knew about this room.” She asked him.

“No. Not really. We just recently discovered about this room a few months ago.” He answered with a deadpan tone of voice.

“Hmm…” She hmmed as she observed the place again.

 

Suddenly she took a peek at Luhan, who seems to be busy staring at nothing.

 

“Uhm… I don’t want to be a busybody but were you really close with the previous tenant?” She asked him.

 

Luhan stared at her.

 

“Why do you want to know?” He asked her back.

“No reason.” She shrugs.

“Then there’s no reason for me to answer.” Luhan emphasize.

“But—” She was cut off by Luhan.

“Unless you actually have a question t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter