22: I Can Say That I Love You

Sway Sway Baby

We all drove to Jongin's house where Jongdae was waiting. "Appa! What do you mean Jongin's getting married? To who?" Jongdae sprung up from the couch. Ahjusshi smiled sweetly and looked at me. "You... Junhee? I knew you liked him but..." He whispered. "Oh! Even better!" My dad exclaimed.

He then whispered something disturbing in my ear, "Junhee, this is really important if you don't agree, I'll be disowning you. You'll be thrown in the streets without my help, you have no contact with Minho or your mother. You have no money to get yourself anywhere and without good education, you can kiss a good job goodbye." My eyes widened in shock and I stared at the ground. He was willing to throw me out?

"Jongdae, it's what's good for Jongin. He doesn't trust anyone, he's scarred for life. Having someone who can love him like that will be good for him. Besides, you guys are close. You can treat each other the same way but they'll just be married. You can come along with us to America too!" Kim Ahjusshi persuaded. "Ahjushhi-" I started. "Abeoji. Junhee, it's abeoji now. Tied by marriage." He smiled.

"I don't want to force Jongin or Jongdae into this mess. You can still merge without having us married, you can still check on the US branch without us married!" I pleaded. Mr Kim sighed and appa massaged his forehead. "Junhee, like I said. It's for his wellbeing too." I looked down on the ground again and avoided eye contact.

The door burst open. "Appa! Explain!" Jongin yelled. "It's an arranged marriage Kim Jongin-sshi. It'll benefit you as it will benefit us. Don't judge." Appa was bored of continuous explanation, I could tell. "Who? Who is she?" I heard his say. I lifted my head and looked at him worriedly. "Junhee? Huh..." He scoffed and ran to his room.

"Jongin, wait!" I ran after him. Is he mad at me? What did I do? Perhaps... does he think caused this? I knocked on his door. "Jongin, please. I know you're in there." I opened the door slowly and saw him sitting next to the window again. "Look, I'm sorry this had to happen. You're not the only one who feels bad about this. Although it's just you and me who does, what are we going to do? Jongin, answer me." I said soothingly.

Jongin slowly faced me and took me by the chin. He leaned in and placed his lips on mine. My eyes widened for the umpth time today but then fluttered closed. I'm doing it, I'm kissing him. My heart skipped a beat and our lips moved against eachother's. "I love you. I've always loved you Junhee. But I can't let you do this if you don't love me back." He gazed at me solemnly. "What makes you think I don't love you Jongin? What is there not to love? Look, I know you need me and I need you just as much. We can get through this, the world." I smiled at him.

He smiled back and carressed my cheek. " the world." He repeated what I said and hugged me. We headed out of his room and down the stairs hand in hand. Jongdae looked at us with wide eyes then looked at us then to the smiling pair of dads. "So when are we leaving?" Jongin smiled and squeezed my hand. Our dads cheered and high-fived eachother like high school idiots.

"HYUNG! Did you hear that? Oh my GOD! YAY!" My dad yelled. Okay what the ? Jongdae shook his head in embarrassment. "Okay, in all seriousness, we need to decide whether to have a ceremony or just sign the papers." My dad suddenly said.

"Uhhhh..." I said cluelessly. "Well since it is marriage, you should have a ceremony. Marriage is very important." Chen smirked. "Yes! Invite your friends!" Mr Kim said. We can't let that happen. It'll be awkward since Chanyeol is there. Plus, they don't like me. 

"Oh but uh..." I tried to think of an excuse. Jongin saw and understood what was going on. "Well, why don't we see what's going on in the US branch first? We then can have the ceremony there with just family?" Jongin hugged me. Jongin just understands me, he's so gorgeous. Okay, fangirl time. . My feels.

"Anyway, you can finish this week and then you'll leave for the US." Mr Kim said. This weekend? But that's in two days! Well, it's not like I have anyone I have to say goodbye to. "So... dinner anyone?" Jongdae grinned. "The maids set up the table already..." "Oh right. Hungry." We scrambled into the dining room and ate. 

Jongin held my hand and smiled at me. "We can make this work." 


Another shorter than usual chapter.

NOTE: This is NOT the end. So apologies if you think it's too long. If not, YAY! (I personally think it's not long...)

- LalalaLove4life