16: The Calm Before the Storm

Sway Sway Baby

It's been a week after the whole Sera fiasco. Chanyeol has been becoming distant. I suggested dates and he always couldn't make it. I have Jongin but Chanyeol's my boyfriend. I find him  making excuses not to be with me. Jongin and I were walking down the hall again to get to our lockers.

"Hey Junhee." I heard someone say. I looked up and found Chanyeol. "Oh, Chanyeol. What are you doing here?" I asked. "What? I can't see my own girlfriend?" He laughed. Yeah, girlfriend... "Anyway, what about a date today? After school, just wait for me by the gates." Chanyeol smiled. I smiled back and nodded my head. Finally, a date with Chanyeol!

 Smiling, I went to class happily. "What's with you?"Jongin smiled. "Chanyeol's taking me out today. Isn't it great?" I grinned. "Yeah. Totally." Jongin said. "When are you going?" He continued. "After school. At least I don't have to worry about what to wear huh?" My smile unceasing. "Yeah, Chanyeol likes anything you wear anyway." 

After school I waited by the gates for Chanyeol. It was starting to get cold so I got out my back up scarf. Yes, I have a back up scarf. And gloves. And hat. But no jacket because it doesn't fit. Five minutes passed, Chanyeol's probably having trouble getting his stuff because he's practically famous. Is it me or did it get even more chilly?

15 minutes now. Toilet break? 30 minutes, Detention? I walked back into the school and went to Chanyeol's classroom. He's not in there. Where could he be? I saw the student council coming out of the Council Room. "Ah, Junhee-sshi! What are you still doing here?" Suho said. "Um, I forgot something in my locker and I went to get it. You haven't seen Chanyeol have you?" I asked. Suho shook his head an said, "No, why?" "Oh, nothing. I just needed to ask him something... Anyway, bye. It's cold outside so wear a jacket." I bowed and headed off. 

Where is he? 1 hour passed and I'm just sitting on a nearby bench. 1 hour 30 minutes. Why am I still here? 2 hours. I give up. There's just no date with Chanyeol...again. I stood up from the bench and I heard someone calling out my name. "Junhee. Why are you still here?"

"Jongdae oppa!' I ran up to him. "It's so cold. Why don't you have a jacket? Why are you still in your uniform? You know it's dangerous for a girl to be out alone at this time." "Mianhae oppa. Chanyeol said to wait for him afterschool and now I give up. It's okay, I live around here anyway." I said. Chen wrapped an arm around me. "Well let's go back to my house okay? Jongin is bored and is whining like an even though Tao and Yingjie are there." He said.

I feel guilty. I've been ignoring Yingjie because he didn't tell me that he had a girlfriend. AND the fact that it was Hyomin, the y sidekick of Sera (A/N I have nothing against T-Ara's Hyomin but yeah). Chen led me to his house and gave me the coffee he bought. "Junhee!" Tao jumped off the couch and hugged me. "Why are you still in your uniform?" Tao asked as soon as he let go of me. My cheeks reddened as I was embarrassed to wait long enough for Chanyeol.

"I stayed back at the school for a bit." I motioned for Chen not to tell about Chanyeol. I sat next to Jongin as Tao went to annoy Yingjie. "How was your date today?" Jongin asked. "No Chanyeol, no date. Doesn't matter." I quickly brushed off. "Oh... Sorry." He apologized. "Why are you apologizing?" I asked. "Because you had to miss out again." He hugged me. "I told you, it doesn't matter. At least I get to hang out with you guys." I hugged his arm.

------

I secretly took a picture of Jongin and Junhee and sent it to Chanyeol. "Great job in standing her up. She's all warm now because of the warmth of Jongin's body." I texted. I went back to making dinner for the five of us. "Junhee! You're staying for dinner right?" I yelled. "If it's not a problem!" She yelled back. 

As I was frying the chicken, in honour of the Great Kim Jongin the Chicken Master, my phone buzzed and I opened the new message from Chanyeol. "At least she's not crying her off. She'll survive." What an . "You do realize she could get sick right? Don't be an . You're playing with a great girl just for a car." I texted back. "Just a car? That was the last thing I got from my uncle! He's more of family to me that my own father. It's not JUST a car." What a drama . Ermergerhd I'm gonna woop his heartbreak derriere (reference to showtime, if you follow me).

"Just go apologize. Now." I texted back again. "What did I do? I'm just doing the dare." "You're lucky that the rest of the idiots gave you Junhee and not a psychotic . Apologize. Now." I sighed and put down my phone. " the chicken!" 

------

My phone buzzed and saw that it was from Chanyeol. "Sorry baby, had an unexpected meeting at school. Ending just now. Been dying to see you, love you."  that ain't right, I searched the whole fricken school. I sighed in disappointment and threw my phone onto the table. "Kids, dinner." Chen called out. Jongin let me go and ran to the table screaming "Chicken!" 

I chuckled and sat down at the table. "So how is you and Chanyeol going?" Yingjie said coldly. "Quite well. We're okay with eachother." I replied. "How's Hyomin?" "She's well. We're fantastic together. She's not the you thought she was." He glared. Kai glanced at us back and forth, noticing the tension. "In fact we're so well, we're interested in how you guys are coping in that... relationship. What do you say? Double date?" He suggested, knowing our relationship is a it bad right now and is fake anyway. "I'll have to ask Chanyeol, he's quite busy nowadays." I smiled.

"Of course he is." He muttered. Jonging nudged me, "Why don't you just break up with him? I don't want you getting hurt..." "Don't worry Jongin. How can I be hurt?" I held his hand. Jongin looked at me guiltily. "Alright... why aren't you guys eating? I know that one of them is burnt but... just freaking eat please." Chen said out of no where.

The next day, Yingjie approached me. "Hyomin just asked Chanyeol. He's available so we'll be going tomorrow night." He said shortly and headed off. My phone starting ringing and I checked the ID. "Chanyeol, what's up?" "So we're going on a double date tomorrow okay? Wear something nice, we're going to an expensive restaurant." He got straight to the point and hung up. 

Jongin and I went under the usual tree at lunchtime and I put my head on his shoulder in disappointment. "I should break up with him shouldn't I? I put up with this for long already. I don't get it. At the start of this month, we were just... in love but now... Can someone change this quickly? Maybe he really was dating me to make fun of me and he was with Sera all along." 

Jongin my hair, just like Yingjie used to do. It calmed me down, just like Yingjie did. In fact, being with him made me feel at peace. Now, with Chanyeol, it's chaos."Just don't get hurt okay? But if you do, I'll be here. I always will be." I held his hand and hugged his arm for support. "What will I do without you Jongin?" I smiled. "The same thing I'd do without you; spend my time looking for you." I heard him mutter.

----- (Jongin) -----

"The same thing I'd do without you; spend my time looking for you." Why did I say that? Oh I'm obvious aren't I?

All this time I was with her, I'll let my guard down. Chanyeol doesn't deserve her, I do. I've been there for her when Chanyeol has disappointed her. Even Yingjie has gone away to please his girlfriend. Those two idiots shouldn't have her, I should. 

After this time, I know I love her.