14: My Umma

Sway Sway Baby

Soup guise, double update oh yeah! This is Kai's past. Told in Chen's point of view since Chen's family and Kai's family are super close in this AFF. Remember, Kai doesn't know about this because he lost his memories. Thanks to those who had subscribed! Thanks to silent readers too, much appreciated. I won't force you to comment but it would be nice to tell me what you think of the story. If you want, you can also tell me how you'd like it to turn out and I'll put it into consideration. Thanks so much.

------

CHEN, age 5

I ran to Jongin's room. Umma and Appa said I can play with him again because we are visiting his house today! I want to show him my new toy car! I tiptoed and opened the door and burst into his room.

"Jongin-ah! Look what umma and appa got me! I got a new car! Jongin-ah! Do you want to play with me?" I said excitedly. Jongin's head turned around slowly and sadly. "What's wrong?" I said. I looked at his arms, it was full of bruises and there was a purple mark on his neck. "Did you fall over again?" I said jokingly and he innocently nodded his head. I am a year older than Jongin so I have to look after him. Umma says a good hyung has to protect his dongsaeng!

"Aigoo, our little Jongin doesn't know how to take care of himself." I smiled. "Jongdae hyung, it really hurts." He pouted. "Where? I'll put my superman band-aid on it!" I smiled widely. Jongin's cheeks got red like there was tomato sauce on it. "Ani, you can't put it there." "Wae?" I said confused. "...It's on my ..." He muttered. "Umma has been gone for so long. Appa said it's been a year already and he can't control himself sometimes." I nodded in pretend understanding. 

"Cheer up Jongin! Let's play with my toy! Umma also got you a Batman toy! Let's play!" I said and I dragged him up.

CHEN, age 6

I went to Jongin's house again. I was about to knock when I heard shouting. "You stupid ! Stop trying to protect him!" A man's voice was heard. "No! You're such an ! How can you do this to him? Let go! We're going, I'll protect MY son from your stupid !" This time it was a woman. I heard a boy crying in the background. I think that's Jongin! "Shut up Jongin! At least he knows he has to protect his little pretty from the world! i did him a favour!" There was big stomps on the stairs. 

"Where are you going? Hey! You , I'm talking to you! Jongin, SHUT THE UP!" Jongin kept crying. Should I go in? I heard a slap. "Don't speak to him like that!" "I can speak to him the way I want! I MADE him!" The door opened and I hid behind the bush. Jongin cam running out and went to my house.

I ran after him. "Jongin-ah! Jongin! It's me, Jongdae hyung! It's okay!" I said to him as he tried to kick me away. As soon as he recognised me he stopped and kept crying. "Jongin, stop crying. Hyung is here. Jongin-ah. Did you hear me? Hyung will protect you. Umma said that good hyungs protect their dongsaengs and I'm a good hyung." I hugged him until he stopped crying.

The next night I asked my mum why Jongin's dad was shouting at him and his umma. All she said was, "He just loves Jongin a lot."

CHEN, age 8

"Jongdae, you know that Jongin's family died in two yeas ago yeah? We don't think it's enough for us to be visiting him in the orphanage." Appa said. "Jongdae, we're going to adopt him okay? Remember I said that good hyungs protect their dongsaengs? You've done a good job and now he's going to be your brother. Your names are also similar so it'll be like you really are brothers okay? But we don't love you less okay?" Umma said.

'Listen Jongdae, Jongin doesn't remember anything before the crash okay? Something happened to his brain and he's lucky to be alive. So you have to treat him well okay? Don't worry, he's a good boy and we already told him about you." "Jongin... doesn't remember me?" I said slowly. I feel said becaus he was like my brother. "Neh, but you can be close again if you are nice to him." Umma smiled. I smiled back and got ready to go to the orphanage.

I took a deep breath because I was nervous. It's like meeting Jongin for the first time again. We entered the room and we saw him looking out the window and I smiled. When he was alone he would always look out the window and watch the sky. I'm glad that this didn't change. "Jongin-ah. You're new parents arrived." The orphanage worker lady said. 

Jongin turned around slowly and sadly like when I was five years old. "My new... parents?" He said slowly. Umma and appa nodded happily. His eyes soon turned to me. "Jongin-ah, this will be your hyung, Jongdae. He'll protect you like a good hyung." Appa introduced us. "Jongdae... hyung." It was my turn to nod happily. "Jongin-ah, let's get along okay?" I smiled. Jongin's said expression turned to a soft happy one with his small smile. He nodded in agreement and we went home.

CHEN, age 16

I thought back to the time when I heard Jongin's real parents fight. I thought about the words so hard and I felt sad for Jongin. Then I remembered the time I showed him my new toy car when I was five. I can't put a band aid on Jongin's even if it was hurting! I suddenly froze. 

My mind was too innocent for this back then, that's why I didn't understand. I pieced things together and realized...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jongin was by his dad. Over and over again.

 

"Hyung, what's wrong?" I heard Jongin's voice. I turned my head to face him. "Nothing. How are you?" I smiled. "Great. Although today dance practice was so hard and energetic. My hips hurt and even my hurts!" He laughed and I winced. I'm glad he doesn't remember what happened.

 

I must protect him like a good hyung.

---

Woahhhhhh! i had to repeat that line so much! But I can't be bothered changing it. 

haha

- LalalaLove4life