BOOM

High Skool Luv Affair

--Jin after being rejected by Yujin--

Jin sat in a twenty four hour restaurant. He sat in a booth picking away at a burger and fries that he had ordered hours ago as a way to make the manager leave him alone. He didn't necessarily want to be there, but he didn't want to be anywhere else. When he was walking around the streets late at night he found himself constantly thinking about Yujin. He wanted to call her and tell her that she couldn't go to any other guy. That she was his. But that made Jin selfish and childish. He didn't want to be that person. He wanted to be someone who supported Yujin and Suga since they were his friends and he cared about them both deeply. Jin just wished that Yujin cared about him the same way he cared about her.  While in the middle of his thoughts someone suddenly sat across from him at his booth. He looked up and saw a young, beautiful girl sitting across from him. She was wearing a light jacket over her waitress uniform.

"Uh...yeah?" Jin gave her a confused look before eyeing the rest of the restaurant to see he was totally alone.

"Want to go for a walk?" She asked, her voice very soft and warm.

"No thanks. I'm good." Jin chuckled before biting into an ice cold French fry that was soggy from sitting in its own grease.

"Are you sure? You've been sitting here a long time by yourself just staying into the nothingness. The manager is going to kick you out in about ten minutes anyways, so why not just walk me to the bus?" The girl smiled brightly as Jin just sat there, staring at her with his mouth hanging wide open.

"How do you know I'm not a serial killer?" Jin asked leaning back in his chair.

"Because you're handsome." The girl giggle and looked down at her hands. Her nails were short and painted a light shade of pink with bright yellow polka dots scattered over them.

"You would be willing to walk off with me just because I'm handsome?" Jin asked and the girl just nodded his head. "You're insane."

"Maybe. Or maybe I just can't stand to see someone clearly in pain being forced to deal with it by themselves." The girl stood up from the booth and headed towards the door without looking back. Jin looked at his food and then towards the girl who was pushing open the door and walking out into the pitch black.

"Crap." Jin slammed some money on the table before running out of the restaurant an catching up with her. "You're going to get murdered one day."  Jin muttered as he walked beside her. She just laughed and looked forward.

"I'm Song Ahri by the way." Ahri suddenly stopped walked and stuck out her hand. Jin eyed her oddly before shaking her hand.

"Kim Jin." He said back warily. Ahri just smiled brightly and continued walking.

"So who is the girl?" She suddenly asked and Jin just stared at her in disbelief. He started to wonder if he was muttering out loud what he had been thinking and everyone was having a free peep show into his thoughts.

"Who said anything about a girl?" Jin nervously chuckled and shoved his hands in his pockets. They turned into a dark alley that connected to one of the main streets where she could hop onto a bus. Jin made sure to walk close to Ahri, just in case anything happened.

"Well usually men of your age and appearance don't just sit around moping for the fun of it." Ahri playfully jabbed Jin with her elbow and laughed. Her laugh danced through the night air and filled the alley with a strange comfort. "So what's her name?" Ahri looked up to Jin who was to embarrassed to look back at her.  

"Yujin." He said, her name still making his heart twinge with pain and jealousy.

"She's pretty." Ahri said randomly and when she saw the look that Jin was giving her she couldn't help but feel a little awkward. "I mean her name sounds pretty.....but I'm sure if you're interested in her than she must be pretty." Ahri felt weird having to explain herself. She soon found herself aimlessly rambling about Yujin and what characteristics she think she might have based solely on her name.

"Which way is your bus stop?" Jin interrupted her when they made it out of alley and onto the main street. Ahri pointed down the road and the two of them walked together.

"Anyways, what happened to her? Did she dump you?" Jin gave no reaction. "Did she reject you?" There was a slight twitch in the corner of his lips and Ahri knew she was going on the right path. "Did she reject you for someone you knew?" Jin's eyes looked down at the side walk, his lips curled in a pathetic scowl and his eyebrows furrowed in the middle. "Oh my God! She rejected you for your friend, DIDN'T SHE?!" Ahri yelled it loudly and other people who were around them all stopped and looked in their direction. Jin lunged at Ahri, placed his hand over and dragged her to the wall of the building. He slammed her against the wall and Ahri's eyes were wide open with surprise.

"Shut up....okay?" Jin tried to sound unintimidating but he was so angry that it was proving hard to control the tone of his voice. Hearing someone else saw his problem out loud just made him realize how pathetic he was. JIn removed his hand from and Ahri raised her hands.

"Sorry. I have a tendency to raise my voice at inappropriate moments. One time when I was at my grandmother's funeral I accidentally yelled out that one of my baby cousins had a wet diaper. My parents weren't impressed." Ahri's eyes grew as she had a flash back of her parents scolding her and forcing her to sit in the car for the remainder of the funeral. She didn't even have time to say a proper pray for her grandmother before they drove off and never went back. Hearing Ahri's story brought a little smile to Jin's face. She was odd. But interesting. "So this friend of yours....he must be drop dead gorgeous right? Is he like Lee Minho or more like Kim Woobin? Because if she rejected someone as strikingly handsome as you, this other guy must be a God." Ahri continued walking towards her bus stop and Jin followed. He didn't have to. He could have left her and never looked back. She was like an annoying butterfly that just doesn't seem to get the picture that you just wanted to be left alone. Instead it fluttered around your head and bugged the crap out of you. Normally Jin would swat the butterfly away and forget about its existence completely. But this time was different, this time he let it land on his hand as he observed it. He didn't know if her would get rid of it, but for the moment it entertained him.

"You've commented on my looks a lot." Jin walked beside her, trying to change the subject. He didn't want to talk about Yujin and Suga anymore.

"Well I don't know anything else about you. It's kind of hard to comment on anything else when I know nothing about you." Ahri made it to the bus stop and they stood there quietly. Jin was amazed. He had just met this weird girl and he somehow felt completely comfortable with her. The bus pulled up and Ahri turned to Jin and quickly hugged him. He was so shocked by it that he didn't have any time to react. "That girl really is an idiot for rejecting you. I've only known you for a few minutes and I already fell for your charms." Ahri smiles brightly and hopped onto the bus. Jin stood in shock as she headed to the back of the bus and rummaged through her purse to look for her Ipod. Someone sat beside her and she didn't even look up to see who it was.

"You didn't ask for my number." The person said and Ahri looked over and saw Jin sitting beside her. She looked out the window and saw that the bus was driving off.

"Why are you on the bus?"

"Why didn't you ask for my number?"

"But I don't think you live in the direction the bus is going.."

"Irrelevant. Why didn't you ask?" Jin held out his phone and waited for Ahri to take it. She giggled and grabbed his phone, put in her number and handed it back. He looked at her contact information and he changed her name to ' 나비'(Butterfly)They sat there in silence for a minute until Jin turned to her with a sweet smile on his face. "My real name is Seokjin by the way." Yujin looked at him and held out her hand again. Jin shook her hand again only this time they held their hands.

"Nice to meet you Seokjin." Ahri smiled brightly and Jin smiled back.

"Nice to meet you as well Ahri." Jin wanted to continue holding her hand but Ahri eventually pulled away. They sat on the bus and talked for a long time. The bus even went past her stop and all the way back to the terminal. When they made it back to the terminal they found out that the they were just on was the last bus of the night and the next one would be around at six in the morning which was six hours away. But they didn't mind. They sat on a bench and talked continuously for six hours then Jin boarded the bus with her and they actually made it off at her stop this time. Jin walked her all the way up to the front doors of her apartment building where they finally said their goodbyes. Once they were separated Jin felt instantly lonely. He looked at the time and wondered if he could make it to school on time but by the time he got home, had a shower and changed into a new set of clothes half of the day was already gone. Jin decided to just lay in his bed staring at his cell phone, wondering how long her had to wait before texting Ahri.

--------------------------------------------------