One

High Skool Luv Affair

Yujin stood at the front gates, staring at the building the her dad dropped her off at. He said it was her new school but she was having trouble believing that. The windows had gates on them and colourful graffiti covered the walls. The laughter of girls and boys could be heard as other teenagers dressed like her ran around the front of the school. Yujin fixed her red skirt and matching tie before taking a deep breath and heading into the school. She tightly held onto the straps of her backpack as she walked to fight off her anxiety. Her bag was her favourite thing in the world; It was black faux leather and had wing accents on it. In all of her previous high schools they allowed students to have freedom with their choice of backpacks and everytime Yujin made sure to pick something pretty. She looked around at the other students and noticed that none of them were in their proper uniforms. The girls skirts were rolled up so high the bottom of their butts could be seen and their hair was dyed in every colour of the rainbow. The boys wore brightly coloured shirts under their blazers and had piercing and tattoos.

"Oh no..." Yujin could tell that everyone was staring at her so she quickly went to the principal's office. As she reached for the handle, the door burst open and a tall, scary looking boy walked out with a cigarette hanging from his pierced lips.

"Move it." He growled and shoved Yujin out of the way. With a wimper she headed into the principal's office, ready to hide there the whole day if she could. Yujin went up to the secretaries desk and looked at the obese woman sitting there with a questionable drink at her side.

"Name." Was all she said without even looking up. Yujin looked around to see if she was talking to someone else but when she saw it was just her and a boy sleeping in one of the chairs in the corner, she figured it was her.

"Nam Yujin." She said in a whisper. The secretary grabbed a piece of paper and shoved it at Yujin. On it was her daily schedule of classes and breaks.

"Get sleeping beauty over there to show you around school if you want." The secretary went on typing on the computer, not caring to get to know Yujin or what she looked like. If she was going to be anything else like the typical student body then she was just going to end up in that office anyways. Yujin looked back at the sleeping boy and decided to just take her chances and find her classes on her own. Biting the inside of as she walked down the hallway was a small way to try and distract herself from the hellish world around her. Smoke clouded the air and dirty shoes lined the hallways. Broken desks and chair lay abandoned in  the staircases and graffiti of curse words in multiple languages were on ever window, wall and door. By the time Yujin found her classroom she was ten minutes late. She walked in and looked around the room to find that only five students were actually in the room and a teacher stood at the front of the room reading from the textbook.

"Um...excuse me..." Yujin went up to the young teacher and bowed when he finally noticed her.

"Introduce yourself." He said and waved his hand at the five students all sitting there staring at her. Yujin gave the teacher an odd look trying to see if he really wanted her to introduce herself to only five people and not wait for the rest of the class to show up.

"I'm Nam Yujin. Please take care of me." Yujin bowed at the students and they just went right back to writing in their notebooks. Yujin nervously looked to the teacher who went right back to reading out loud. Yujin went to one of the desks by the windows and sat down. She pulled out her textbook and tried to follow along with everything they were saying but she soon found herself drifting off into her imagination. In the corner of the window a small part of the glass was broken off so she had a clear view of the back of the school where the basketball court was now covered with weeds. With a sigh she looked down at her book and her eyes traveled to the top of the desk that had things drawn and carved into it. On the very bottom left corner of the desk were words carved in crudely by what could have been a knife.

"Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless" Yujin read the quote and smiled. She ran her hand over the carved words and wondered what type of person could have written this. Yujin imagined someone like her being stuck in this hell hole. If only she could meet this person than she might be able to have an intelligent conversation for once. The bell rang and the five students stayed at their desks but Yujin had to use the bathroom. They all watched her as she stepped out of the classroom and head out into the hallway. She found the bathroom and almost vomited when she walked inside; How were humans able to be so disgusting? After using the bathroom Yujin was heading straight to class when she ran into the same boy she bumped into at the principal's office.

"You again? You must have a crush on me." The boy flipped his long black hair behind his shoulder and smirked as he looked down at Yujin who was like a scared little lamb. She tried to step around him but the boy kept blocking her. "Why are you trying to get away from me, baby?" He grabbed her arms and Yujin scowled at him.

"Don't touch me." She tried to sound intimidating but she was shaking so hard it was impossible to take her seriously. The boy his lips and tightened his grip on Yujin. "I said, DON'T TOUCH ME!" She shoved herself away from the boy and stumbled backwards and he let her fall into the person behind her. Yujin bumped into someone and she heard them curse. She looked over her shoulder and saw a boy with blond hair standing there with a coke in his hand. Half of it was spilt on his white shirt and it was clearly because of Yujin hitting him. The blond boy growled and the other boy that was messing with Yujin quickly turned and ran away. Yujin looked at him and saw six other boys standing behind him. They were all handsome and yes oddly scary at the same time. "I-I'm sorry..." Yujin stuttered out, she bowed her head and stayed like that and hoped that they would just walk away. If that scary guy from earlier was terrified of these guys, she had to be as well. Suddenly she felt something cold, wet and sticky being poured onto her head.

"Whoops." The blond man with a deep voice said as he poured the last of his drink onto Yujin's head. There was a snicker from one of the boys. The blond then crushed the can and threw it at her head. They walked past her all snickering and glaring at her. Yujin stood up with her hair wet and sticky; She could feel tears stinging her eyes. Forcing herself to hold them back Yujin bent down and picked up the can that hit her on the head. One of the boys from the group looked back at the girl who had bumped into his friend. He saw her pick up the can and almost expected her to throw it at them but instead she went over to the recycling bin and threw it out. A wide smile spread on his face as Yujin took a deep breath and just continued on her way. Most people would have cried or yelled but this tiny little girl just accepted it and moved on. It was almost inspiring. The boy turned back to his friends and they all headed to the cafeteria to grab some late breakfast.

►------------------------------------------------------------►