I

Im in Love with a Criminal

-7 YEARS LATER

 

Kris ties the older man to his chair, it was easy really since the man is knock out. With a heavy dose of tranquilizers, use for horses. For the last touch, he puts a scarf around the man's eyes, and moves the chair infront of the window. Kris slaps the man acouple of times, to wake him up. The man jumps alittle feeling the cold hands hitting his skin.

"eh!?" the man sees nothing, which freaks him out feeling the ropes around him. "who's there? someone help me!" "oh calm down Mr. Harrison, im not going to hurt you," Kris fixes his mask, and gloves before he gets close to Mr. Harrison's face. "if you tell me what i need" Mr. Harrison ugly breath, makes Kris sick.

"wh-what do you want?"

"tell me, why did he killed all of your friends?"

"i-i i dont know" Kris sighs, he opens the window so the man can feel the cold wind. He continues to stutter, "i-i swear, i dont know" "so he just randomly killed your friends?"

"i-" Kris starts to move the chair closer to the edge of the window. He was lucky that Mr. Harrison works on the 11th floor of the building, otherwise he would look really lame trying to push him out of the window. "fi-fine i'll tell you. he came looking for papers, i told him i didnt have them, but that i knew some people who do"

Kris pushes the chair abit more, "what else!" "h-he told me to give them all the names, and i did. but i swear i didnt know he was going to kill them!" Mr. Harrison starts to cry, "what kind of papers?"

"i dont know, something about a building that was burned down 7 years ago"

"thank you Mr. Harrison, and i promise the way im gonna kill you its less painful in how he was going to kill you"

"no, no, please, no" Mr. Harrison begins to yell, but it was to late. Kris pushes him out of the window, as he hears Mr. Harrison's screaming as he goes down. "you couldnt done it more quietly?" Suho comes down from the shadows, "yeah well we hit another dead end" Kris takes his mask off, "we would find him" Kris turns around, he puts his hand in Suho's chest, "we better, before someone ends up killing him" Kris takes his hand off, and Suho realize he was giving him the mask.

"hey!" Kris turns around, "we created this man, so your brother wouldnt get kill. you have to wear the mask at night" Suho throws the mask at him, "i see you at home," Suho smirks, "by the way, do know what they say about air?" he walks towards the window, "it always moves" Kris notices, Suho has a bagpack with an parachute. But before Suho's jumps, he takes a gun out and shoots the alarm system.

"run fast" Suho says as he jumps out of the window, Suho was a adrenaline junkie. " you Suho" Kris puts the mask on, and runs out of the office. By now the elevators are full of securities. He decides to take the stairs, and he can hear maybe three people running around the building. Everyday was just another practice routine for Kris.

He was thankful that his best friends are helping him find his brother. But because of that reason, he has to be prepare when the day comes. The day where Luhan would show his face, and that day is the day he'll have to kill his brother. Sad reality for Kris life. Kris opens the door of the third floor, he sees one of the securities and hits him in the neck making him unconscious.

Kris pulls the man inside the stairs case, and starts to take the uniform. It was the only way he'll get out of this building. He decides not to shoot the man, since it would be a useless death. Kris opens the door again, and looks around when he realize the hall are empty he starts to walk. "hey, did you check 4th floor?" one of the securities see Kris, "yes, its clean" he answers.

"okay" the man continues to walk, Kris starts to walk faster and he can see the front doors. "hey!" Kris puts his hand inside his pocket ready to kill the man with a knife. "hey! turn around" the tall blonde boy turns around, "are you in charge of getting food?" Kris takes his hand out of his pocket, "yes" "okay hurry go" Kris smiles, and leaves the building.

He really hates Suho right now. Kris start to loose his tie, he puts his mask back remembering Suho's words. He tries to walk on the lonely streets, so no one would see him. "im a criminal and i dont even have a car? what kind of ery is this" Kris says to himself with a big sigh. He decides to take a short cut using the route from the park.

It was always lonely at night, all thanks to him. No one want it to be so late at night, with a criminal running around the streets. He sees the big fountain with the water still running. "what a waste of water" as he approaches the fountain, a boy around his height with black hair passes infront him. The boy was a student since he was holding about three books.

'messy hair, messy uniform - translates parents are rarely home. height 184 cm, last year of high school' 

The boy doesnt notice Kris, not even when a random guy comes and grabs the strap of the bagpack. "hey, its my bagpack!" the random man shows his weapon to the boy's face. "oh, oh okay take everything you want" the boy raises his hands up high to show he was no danger to the man. But the sound of the book hitting the floor, makes the random man nervous.

"i wouldnt do it if it was you" the two people turn to look at Kris.

"yo-you are the criminal!?" says the random man

Kris smirks, he feels like a famous person. For all the wrong reasons. "yes, you want an autograph?" "you know, if i bring you to the police station they would give me good money for you" ~ "okay sure you can try" the random man points the gun to Kris, Kris is to fast though. With his long leg he kicks the gun from the man's hand. The man panics and his about to run, Kris grabs him by the shirt making him turn around.

Kris hits him in the throat, and in seconds the man is begging for breath with that simple hit. He makes the man stand up, and hits him in the sending him away. Kris laughs, at how the man is running away. "and he thought he could win" he chuckles. Kris picks up the boy's bagpack, and cleans it alittle. "here" "are you going to kill me?"

"the first time is free, the second time i will kill you" when the boy grabs the bagpack, Kris walks to his original direction before he stop to help the boy. "hey!" Kris stops half way, "how do you know im not going to tell the police?" Kris turns around, "what are you gonna say? that the criminal help you?" he walks towards the boy. "are you going to tell him how i look like? how? you cant see my face...now tell me, what are you gonna tell the police?"

The lower part of the boy's lip trembles, "exactly, worry about yourself." Kris starts to walk, "and dont be at night so late, the night belongs to me" he says, as he continues to walk. He didnt bother to turn around, he knows that the boy heard him. 

 

Kris finally arrives home, with a very annoyed face that says 'dont-talk-to-me'. Tao enters the livingroom after a very hard hour of practice. "hey, why did you took so long?" Kris is sitting down with his arms wide open, as they rest at the top of the couch. He turns to see Tao, with the same kind of expression. "auch, was that bad? huh" Tao tries to dry his wet hair, taking the sit next to Kris.

The odor, and the sound bothers Kris so much. Even when the odor was strawberry, and it was refreshing for Kris after a hard day. "where's Suho?" "he said he had some business to take care of" Kris stands up, and walks towards the windows. The whole house was made of windows, it was very flamboyant for acouple of criminals.

But that was the role they are suppose to play. Four friends living in a house, because their rich parents lets them do whatever they want. Kris remembers in the first few days when he join them, he had to use a fake name and credit card. Everyone did. After a while, he start it to like the name so it became his birth name. "did you find him?" Tao stops drying his hair, "no. Neither did Jongin."

Kris lowers his head, his starting to get that headache he hates so much. "but we did find someone else" he turns around to look at Tao, "who?" Tao smirks, which tells Kris is good news. "Kyungsoo, you might of known him as D.O. Rank 3" Tao raises his index finger, so Kris can give him a moment to get the papers. Kris tries to remember Kyungsoo. There was alot of kids, and its not like they had classes or spend time together with all of them.

Everyone was put in ranks, Kris because he was young he was in rank 2 with Tao. Suho was rank 4, Jongin was rank 3. Kris brother, Luhan was rank 5. There was a way to move up ranks, and it was the amount of blood you had in your hands. Kris didnt like killing people, but he was really good with guns. When the fire started, he was going to move up to rank 4. He knows ones his in the higher ranks, he didnt have a chose. Its either you kill, or be killed.

Tao comes back with a folder in his hand. "here" Kris opens the folder, and sees the picture. "when Suho grab me, i saw Kyungsoo following us. But the underground tunel was to dark, i guess we lost him there," Tao comments, "he was left in a orphanage, he grow up to be normal. Lucky him" Tao takes the picture away from Kris hands. "so what do we know about him?"

"good with any type of knife," Jongin joins them, "his also good in blend in, he just have to show those pretty big eyes to people to trust him. That night of the fire, he was going to be rank 8." Kris closes the folder, and looks at Jongin. "what?" "yeah" Jongin lays down in the couch thats next to Kris, and Tao. "how many?" "more than 200 bodies"

"and now your going to the same school as him" Suho enters the livingroom with three folders. "what?" all of them say, standing up. "here is your papers, your now high school students" Suho throws the folders to the livingroom table, everyone stands up to open them. "me and Kris are brothers?" Tao asks, "yeah" "okay, im guessing im playing the kid that Tao and Kris meet in school" Jongin says reading his paper.

"yeah, Kyungsoo is a good person. We need him to help us"

"why cant we just asking him?" Kris says closing the folder, and throwing it back to the livingroom table. "Kyungsoo doesnt work like that, he needs to get to know the person first. Plus his normal, he probably wouldnt be happy joining us" Jongin says, "Jongin is right, i used to be his tutor" Suho sounds proud, in a very twist it way.

"i was going to be rank 5 because of it." there was a part of Suho who misses the old acadamy. He was there since he was 10 years old, before Kris, Tao, Jongin, Kyungsoo and Luhan joined. He was a kid who used to live in the streets, and the acadamy took him. Gave him food, and a place to sleep. They teached him all the same subjects that middle school, and high school teaches.

Except when kids go to p.e class, Suho was doing martial arts or disarm an arm. And for the occasion test, hunt and kill. "now go to sleep, tomorrow is a big day" Suho walks to his room, leaving everyone practicing their roles. "okay Kris let's go over our role" Kris was still out, he didnt like to be around normal people. For the fact that he has to be gentle and careful with them.

They had feelings, and thoughts.  All Kris has is no feelings, and just one thought 'find Luhan'. "Kris? Kris?" Tao's words start quiet, until they become loud in his head. "eh? oh yes we would do it in the morning, im going to bed" Kris stands up and heads towards his room that's next to Suho's. He lays down in his cold bed, and he wonders why its always cold.

Maybe to be warm, he need it a soul. And he didnt have one. The clock ticks loud in Kris head. Tick, tick, tick. He closes his eyes, and starts to count sheeps. But even the sheeps would do the ticking sound. Kris opens his eyes, he grabs the clock and throws it across the room. He never hated time as much as he hates it now.

 

The next morning, three uniforms are laying down in the livingroom with a note. 'good luck in school today.' Kris feels like a normal kid who's parents are never at home. They all put their uniforms, Tao and Kris leave first since they have to arrive together. Jongin was to arrive later, and during school they have to pretend that they just met.

 

Tao and Kris pass by the gates, and look at all the students. In fact they are labeling them. Just how they teached them. "Your eyes are your instrument, details, details, details, dont forget."

'smokes, would die of lung cancer 2 years from now, no siblings'

' addict, bad student, clean uniform, secrets'

'top student, bites nails when nervous, lies'

Kris looks at Tao, and they both shake their heads. They couldnt find Kyungsoo. "hey! ready for the test?" Kris stands still hearing the voice thats behind him. "what is it?" Tao ask, "so what are we gonna bet?" the boy continues to talk, "oh come on Chanyeol, you want to play that game?" Tao finally turns around, since Kris is not moving and he's just paying attention to the voice.

"Kyungsoo!" Kyungsoo jumps alittle as he stops, "do you know him?" Chanyeol asks, Kris takes a big breath and finally turns around. "hello little brother" Chanyeol drops the books he has in his hands. Kris smiles, and plays with Chanyeol's hair.Eyes brown like the beach's sand, he remembers them all to well. Kris didnt know why he didnt recognize Chanyeol, when he save him yesterday.

"brother" Chanyeol whispers, finally getting the guts to say it. Although his voice was far gone. Kyungsoo, and Tao stare at them.