XXVIII

Im in Love with a Criminal

Chanyeol walks on the halls and he feels all eyes on him. People begin to whisper with every step Chanyeol takes. Every step is just a hollow sound in his ears, and that haunts him. So his belly is growing, so what? Then why does it feel like he should be ashame? "hey Chanyeol" Sehun appears infront of him. When he sees everyone staring, he puts his arm around Chanyeol's neck and hugs him. And doesnt let him go as he covers Chanyeol's stomach.

"Sehun, what are you doing? let go" Chanyeol pushes him alittle, but it only made Sehun tightening his arm. "where is your next class? oh yes that way" Sehun turns Chanyeol around, and they start to walk together like if their stuck together. It only made people stare more, but it feels nice for Chanyeol. He didnt have to break down, because he has all of this friends that he count on.

"you know what you are to us?" Sehun whisper in Chanyeol's ear, the warm breath makes him shiver. "what?" "your our angel, the person that makes us be good" Chanyeol blushes, he couldnt possibly be that to them. "and believe it Chanyeol" finally Sehun steps away from him, "dont let people put you down" Sehun ruffles Chanyeol's hair as he smiles before he leaves him.

Chanyeol starts to feel really warm, no not warm. Hot. He was burning. "hey Chanyeol" a girl Chanyeol has seen around the school stops infront of him. "hi" "so who did you ?" she opens to say something else, when Kyungsoo pushes her so hard she hit the lockers. Chanyeol looks at the girl who is whimpering in pain, and then at Kyungsoo who is acting like he didnt do anything wrong.

"come lets go to class" Kyungsoo enters their art class and Chanyeol follows before people begin to whisper more. Both of them take their sits at the back of the room, with their art work on their hands. "do you have the name ready?" Chanyeol puts his project down the table, as he smiles. His being thinking about names, and there was one name he want it.

"i want something with 'Fan'"

"Fan?" Chanyeol nods, the teacher enters the classroom with a very low 'hello'. She writes on the board 'projects due on Friday' and with that the students start it to work on their projects. "how about ChanFan?" Chanyeol gets surprise on mixing his name with Kris, "ChanFan?" he chuckles, he was starting to like how the sound of those two names sound together.

He could only imagine how beautiful it would look when you write it down. But he didnt want to to pick the name without checking others. But that name definitely goes to the top of the list. As the minutes keep on moving, Kyungsoo would only open his mouth to ask Chanyeol for another color. It didnt bother Chanyeol since the silent and the smell of paint (nontoxic) play around the room.

When 45 minutes were up, the bell rings making everyone run out of the classroom. Chanyeol stands up grabbing his work of art, he had decide it to draw a field full of flowers as the sun was going shining down on them. Now that he thinks about it work out perfectly for him, he need it to put light on the apartment and this would definitely would the job.

"i can put it away for you" Kyungsoo grabs Chanyeol's arts, as he walks to the back closet so the paint can dry. "come your class is pretty far away and you cant run" "since when your a doctor? and i can run, i read that its good to exercise" Kyungsoo grabs his bagpack from the floor, and takes his place next to Chanyeol as they walk to the door.

"have you seen yourself run? you run like a fat boy all weird and funny" before Chanyeol says something mean back to Kyungsoo, Baekhyun and Jongin wait for them outside the classroom. "Kyungsoo can i talk to you?" Jongin asks, "no, i need to take Chanyeol to his classroom" Baekhyun pushes Kyungsoo out of the way, so he can take that spot.

"dont worry i'll take him" before Kyungsoo can punch Baekhyun so hard, he grabs Chanyeol and they walk to the wrong direction. "you know my classroom its the other way" "i know" Chanyeol wants to turn around to scream for help, but he doesnt. He was Kris fanboy, which means he couldnt harm Chanyeol since his caring Kris baby.

 

They go to the patio and Baekhyun points to the floor. Chanyeol nods, and he sits down "here" Baekhyun takes a juice box out of his bagpack and gives it to Chanyeol. The flavor was apple. "thanks" he begins to drink it, he can feel the cold drink going down his throat feeling really good. "so" Chanyeol looks at Baekhyun "so?"

"here" Baekhyun takes a credit card out of his pocket. Before Chanyeol could ask, the reason why Baekhyun would give him that, he sees that it had his name on it. "Suho put all of Kris money in your new account" "what? no his coming back" Baekhyun sits next to Chanyeol, and everything becomes so serious.

"Chanyeol, i know you want to believe that. And trust me i want to believe that too, but we dont know" Baekhyun puts his legs close to his chest, as he rest his arms intop of his knees. He didnt look at Chanyeol alot, but the small glances shows how Baekhyun really feels. "his good at killing things, his coming back" Chanyeol comments. 

"i know his good at killing things, but this is war. And its only him out there"

"its not only him, Luhan its with him" Baekhyun takes a double take before he speaks again, "what? how do you know?" "i dance with him, its along story. But i know Luhan its going to take care of Kris, their friends again. Now then ever i believe that Kris would come back" Baekhyun gasp before he laughs, the news made all of his bad thoughts go away.

"hey you want to go somewhere?"

"i dont have a car" Baekhyun raises his hand, as he shows a key chain hanging on his fingers. It was Kyungsoo's keys, "apart from being good with the arrow, your good with your hands" "they used to call me sticky fingers, because i used to steal before one of the teachers from the academy took me, and made my 'talent' better"

Chanyeol smiles, he wonders what Kris was doing before the academy took him. "sure Baekhyun lets go" Baekhyun stands up; he grabs Chanyeol's arm to help him stand up. "you know if you continue to come to school, the students are going to make fun of you" "i dont care, i have you guys plus your the only one that can give me juice"

Baekhyun chuckles.

Chanyeol makes Baekhyun enter a store that in Baekhyun words, 'looks boring'. When they enter an idea enters Chanyeol mind. He was going to buy clothes for when Kris comes back. Chanyeol want it to surprise Kris. He want it to start building a home.

 

They dont know how long they been walking, but the thoughts of 'food' and clean 'water' fill their minds. There was no ending in this forest, and no way to see if their going the right way. "Luhan are you okay? do you want to take a break?" Luhan's leg still feels weird to him, with every step he takes. Making him slower than Kris and Jongdae.

"no, we should keep on going"

"shh!!" Jongdae waves his hand so Kris and Luhan can pay attention to him. "theres a camp there" all of three of them go down, so no one can see them. "their the first people we have seen in a while" Kris comments, "yeah well if we dont keep quiet it would be the last people we would ever see" Jongdae says, hiding behind a tree that was on the floor. Someone had cut it.

"lets just keep on walking quietly, before they see us" Jongdae squats down, and begins to walk like that. Kris turns to Luhan to make sure he'll be able to walk like that. "dont worry Kris, just keep on moving. I'll be right behind you" Kris nods, and follows Jongdae. It could be that there was danger around them, that the birds stop singing.

There was no wind, no sound.

As they keep on moving, Jongdae hears something. He makes Kris and Luhan stop, incase he hears the sound again he can know what it is or where it comes from. There was another sound, and this time it was closer. "run" Jongdae stands up and behind to run, Kris grabs Luhan and they both run. The sound of foot steps follow behind Luhan.

By the sound of every step Kris hears, he can tell there was seven people following them. Before he could know more, three of them stand infront of Jongdae. Kris and Luhan stop short after that. When they turn around, four other soldiers stand behind them. One of them begin to speak in a bit of a different dialect Jongdae, Kris, and Luhan are used to hearing.

"Kris, Luhan get ready to run" Jongdae stand next to them, "what? no" "its okay, Kris. Just run!" Kris hesitates but runs away with Luhan, the soldiers dont follow since Jongdae goes around pointing the gun at them. Wind, and birds begin to move. Kris heart feels like its going to come out of his chest in any minute now. Luhan grunts, but keeps on moving.

Every step is another bullet. The further they get, the sound of bullets sound distance. It wasnt death that was looking for Jongdae, it was the other way around. The last bullet lingers in Kris ears, knowing he lost a friend.