XXIV

Im in Love with a Criminal

"what are you doing here?"

"i was going to ask you the same thing" this all seems like a dream to Kris, he couldnt believe that Luhan. His brother was here too. The world is such a small place. "i...i have to see if people from my company survive" Kris walks pass Luhan, it was true. Kris did want to check if there was any survivors, but mostly he want it to check if Jongdae was okay.

Kris didnt want to find Jongdae dead, he didnt want it to be like those cases in where you fight with someone and that was the last time you see that person alive. "i'll go with you" Kris stops Luhan, before he could complete his first step. "did you forget? i told you that if i'll see you, im going to kill you. and trust me im this close," Kris puts his thumb and index finger an inch apart. "in killing you"

"dont you want to know why im here?"

"no" Kris continues to walk inside the corps, feeling how every little stick pokes his legs. Luhan didnt care though, he continues to follow Kris silently behind. Waiting for his chance to explain himself, if Kris would let him do that much. "i told you stop following me" "im your older brother, im not going to let you get kill" Kris turns around, "why? because your going to kill me?"

Luhan opens his mouth, but ends up sighing, "just go, do that much for me" Kris spits infront of Luhan's feet, before he turns around and continues with his path. Luhan sighs, he never thought Kris would be like this to him. Well he did had a feeling, but when he thought about this it was more calm in his mind. When Kris goes back to the first point of attack, all he sees is blood.

There was some soldiers, but sadly they are dead. Kris goes to the spot where he last saw Jongdae, there was a circle of blood and a foot print. Kris touches the blood, it was luke warm. "so whats the plan?" "my plan is to go back to the camp, hopefully some soldiers went there too" Kris grabs some bullets from the soldiers, that are dead.

But not before he closes their eyes. "okay, i'll go with you" Kris runs towards Luhan, to grab the collar of his dirty uniform. "get this through your head, i dont want you near me. For all i care you can get kill" Kris lets go of Luhan, not before he pushes him. Luhan fixes himself, even when it didnt matter, His uniform is torn and dirty.

"i told you little brother, the only one that can kill me. Its you. And even if you had a chance, im going to fight to live" Kris stops walking, those words. Luhan wasnt vain, nor care alot about living. Not if he had someone that he loves. Kris looks at Luhan, and he was smiling. The same smile he got used to seen when he was little.

He decides not to ask anything, and let Luhan talk about it if he wants. Kris continues his path to the camp as careful as he can. And only shoot, if it was necessary. "are you going to tell me why your here?" Luhan stays five steps behind Kris, "why are you here?" but Kris throws the questions to Luhan. "because im in love, and im trying to become someone pure for him"

"so you thought by joining the army, in where you have to kill people would make you pure?" Kris says as in the end he scoffs, "yes. see, if i die, i die with honor. Everyone who ever saw me with Yixing, would talk about how sad its my death, but i brought honor to my country. If i dont die, i would get medals, and all the people i had to kill will have an excuse. And he'll see how i change"

"if you love him that much, why didnt you just stay with him? and confess your sins" Kris doesnt bother to turn around, not with the first question nor with the last one. "have you ever love someone so much, that even if you confess your sins, it wouldnt be good enough. Even all of this," Luhan looks around, the empty dead trees, the dirt from the ground.

And the hot burning weather. "even if i do come back as a hero, it wouldnt matter. I'll be never be good enough for Yixing" Kris stays quiet, to quiet to even let go of Luhan's words. Because he is right, because that thing also applies to Kris. He'll never be good enough for Chanyeol, and now he understands Hee nam alittle better.

"tell me about him" Kris says between the silence, he feels so awkward to ask that, so he cleans his throat. "his funny, i think you'll like him. He also takes care of me, his a doctor. Although sometimes he becomes blank, i worry about his patients" Luhan laughs, getting the joke. But between that laugh, and the little smile paint it on Luhan lips, Kris could see it.

It was like all the bad things disappear between them. It was like this is how they were meant to be, talking about their love ones. And having beers after work, and christmas together and visit their mother's graves together. Like the real brothers they are meant to be, he guess what people say its right. 'Time does fix everything'.

"what about you? why are you here Kris?" Luhan runs alittle to stand next to Kris, "dont laugh," Luhan raises his hand, promising he wouldnt. "Chanyeol, thats the name of the person i love, well his grandma doesnt like me. And here iam" Luhan bites his lip so hard, so he wouldnt laugh. But he just burst into laughter, "so his grandma put you here?"

Kris sighs, but nods. Luhan touches his stomach, it was hurting to much. Kris waits for Luhan to finish, and the more he takes for him to stop the more Kris gets mad. "okay thats enough" Luhan stops walking, and just stands there laughing. "the great criminal, cant defeat an old grandma" "Chanyeol made me promise him, not to fight, if you must know"

Luhan cough with alittle of laughter left inside of him. He comes down, and continues to follow Kris. "how long have you been here?" "they send my company, two weeks ago. But there was another two companies here before mine" Luhan answers, "what happened?" "we got attacked, me and other two soldiers were left. One of them was our sergeant, he said to hold on cause there was another company coming."

"what happened to them?" Luhan grabs a stick from the ground, he starts to break it in half slowly. "we got attacked when we were hiding, i was the only one that got away. Then i saw your company going to the war zone, so i follow you guys. And here we are now" Luhan throws the now little stick away, Kris spits alittle.

"hopefully my second lieutenant survive so he can tell us what to do" "do you have something towards this lieutenant?" Luhan leans over to see Kris expression that his trying to hide. Luhan raises his eyebrow, so Kris can answer him. "no, its cause the last time i saw him, i said things to him----" "oh you feel guilty" Kris nods. And damn he hate it that feeling.

That feeling soon end it, when they see the whole camp destroy. There was no war zone anymore, everything is dangerous. "this cant be" Kris looks around, trying to find bodies, something, anything really. "Kris we have to move, the night it almost here, its the only way we can stay safe" Kris runs to Jongdae's cabin, there was no sign that Jongdae was there.

Which it gives Kris 50/50 chance that his still alive. "no, we have to keep on moving" "to where?" Kris grabs a bagpack that was on the floor, and runs to the small cafeteria. "to the military base, its far it would take us maybe two days to get there." Kris puts all the food on the bagpack, and all the water that was still good. "i dont think we can make it"

Kris turns around, and puts his hands in Luhan's shoulder. "come on Luhan, we trained for this. You know we have to stay alive, the people we love dont deserve to cry"

 

The next day in the cloudy city, Chanyeol wakes up hungry as ever. Kyungsoo and him, have talk about everything. They decide for Chanyeol to move back with his grandma for alittle while, and Kyungsoo hopes he can move Chanyeol away before his stomach begins to grow. "Chanyeol do you have everything?" Chanyeol grabs his bagpack, as he holds bread with his other hand.

"okay, lets go" Kyungsoo grabs his keys, and opens the door for Chanyeol. Kyungsoo stands infront of Chanyeol, to make sure he wouldnt slip in the stairs. The elevator makes him dizzy, so they dont take it anymore. "Kyungsoo dont forget to send me message, or to call me if you find something about Luhan" Kyungsoo nods, as his arms circle around Chanyeol.

"oh" Chanyeol stops, and Kyungsoo trembles, "what? what is it?" "Kyungsoo before i go home, can you take me somewhere?" ~ "you want ice cream from the store thats around the corner, dont you" "Kyungsoo before i go home, can you take me to two places?" Chanyeol puts his hands together praying, Kyungsoo sighs. "okay" Chanyeol jumps, opening his arms attacking Kyungsoo with a hug.

"Chanyeol! dont do that, not when we dont know if you can" Chanyeol calms down, and continues to walk. Chanyeol cant ask for a better friend, Kyungsoo was really the greatest friend ever. Kyungsoo been sleeping on the couch, so Chanyeol can have more room in the bed. He even cooks all the crazy things Chanyeol decides to eat.

And when his to tired to cook, Chanyeol only has to say 'but Kyungsoo, the baby wants to it!' and with a grunt Kyungsoo stands up and cooks it. And now that Chanyeol's feet are swollen, Kyungsoo massage them. Although Kyungsoo feels really guilty for leaving Chanyeol alone in school. Since Kyungsoo didnt want to go away and hide like everyone else, he decide to not go to school for a few days.

Even Chanyeol agree that he'll also take a break from school, but Kyungsoo push him to go. Thats one of the reasons why his moving back to his grandma's house. So without knowing Hee nam, could take care of Chanyeol until everything calms down with Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo opens the door for Chanyeol, and says 'becareful'.

When Chanyeol puts his seat belt, Kyungsoo closes the door and runs to the driver seat. "okay, so first ice cream" "no, its okay. I dont want ice cream anymore" Kyungsoo puts the key inside, "really?" "yeah, just take me to the main street and i'll tell you where to turn" Kyungsoo pouts alittle, cause he want it ice cream.

He starts the car, and drives to the main street. Chanyeol keeps on changing the stations until he finds a good beat song. A song that reminds him of Kris, because of the deep voice the singer has. And the lyrics. Chanyeol takes a chocolate from his jacket, and begins to bite as he dances alittle. Chocolate makes him happy.

"okay now where to turn?" "left" just barely yesterday Chanyeol thought about the apartment, that Kris had bought for them. He didnt know why he want it to, when he knows its empty. There was something in him, that want it to open the door of the apartment and hope for it to smell like Kris. Because he was starting to forget.

And that really scared him. "now what?" "park infront of those apartments" Kyungsoo waits for the car thats infront of them to move, so he could park. When he does, Chanyeol opens the door and Kyungsoo does the same. He was not going to let Chanyeol go alone, "why are we here?" "i dont know" when Chanyeol and Kyungsoo enter the building, the manager waves to them as he approaches them.

"oh i forgot to give you the key for the mail box" Chanyeol grabs it, which he doesnt know why he need it when they havent made the address public. "thank you" Chanyeol continues to walk to the stairs, with Kyungsoo. The manager stops them again, feeling abit of shame. "arent you going to check the mail?" "ther....theres mail?" the manager nods.

Chanyeol runs to his mail box, as his fingers shake. He tries to breathe but he couldnt open the door and breathe at the same time. Kyungsoo does the breathing for him though, When Chanyeol opens the mail box he sees a white envelop. "could----is that letter from Kris?" Kyungsoo asks, and it was the same question Chanyeol was asking himself.

Chanyeol rips the envelop in away careful too, so he wouldnt rip the letter inside. He begins to read the letter when tears start pouring, "Kyungsoo," Kyungsoo's heart stops for a second, and when it begins to beat again he hears his heart beat in his ears. Waiting for the bad news.

"Kyungsoo, i found Kris"