XXI

Im in Love with a Criminal

Kris feels his head vibrating, as it seems he was leaning against a window. He tries to open his eyes, but his head hurts so much like someone hit him in the head. When he finally opens his eyes, he finds himself in a bus full of other boys who are wearing a green uniform. Kris touches his head, as he hissed from the cut. He feels something strange, when he touches his hair he notice it was cut.

The bus approaches to what it seems like a military base which it was in the middle of nowhere. The big building is surround it by what it looks like desert, being the sun your only entertainment. When the bus finally stops, one officer stands up. "welcome cadets to your new home" Kris sees the medals that cover half of the uniform.

His last name is neatly put on his left top side, with white letters that read 'Kim'. He's a first lieutenant. The doors of the bus open, and the lieutenant gets out of the bus first. Slowly the cadets follow, Kris decides to follow too. Seen how he didnt have a choice. The hot weather hits Kris like a storm, by the way the wind hits and the sun shines. He wasnt close to any city. He doesnt know if his still in Korea.

As Kris looks around the military base, he sees platoons running as they cadence 'Jane lost her grip and down she fell, When she hit the ground she let out a yell. ayyyyy yiiiiii uh uh feels good' (is use to motivate the soldier to continue to run). There was other soldiers who practicing how shoot, there was also other obstacles like going under wires. It was a military camp.

"hey you" Kris turns around not sure if they are talking to him, "im sorry cadet, i dont think i know your last name yet." it was the same first lieutenant who was in the bus, and the second lieutenant was next to him. Which ironically his last name was also Kim. "its Wu" "yes, of course. im your first lieutenant Kim Minseok, this here is the second lieutenant, Kim Jongdae"

Kris salutes, "oh your the one with the file that had alot of blank spaces" "excuse me?" Minseok chuckles lightly, "well the only thing there was, was your name it seems like you dont have a nationality. The Colonel made an exception with you" When Kris join the academy, they burn any paper with his name. The academy didnt want no one to know he was alive.

Kris was what they want it him to be. He didnt belong to China nor Korea, he was a nobody. And it work out perfectly for Hee nam. "here your second lieutenant would show you around" Minseok nods lightly, before he salutes to the two other man. They salute back. "come Kris" Jongdae walks around like he was one of the cadets, which makes Kris more at ease.

He knows people who have the same rank as Jongdae, would want you to be more formal in speaking and walking. But Jongdae nor Minseok care. "i dont know why Minseok wants me to show you around, by tomorrow we wouldnt be here" Jongdae puts his hands behind his back, "what do you mean?" Jongdae turns around alittle to see Kris. "we are in a war boy, they need us up north."

"war?" Jongdae and Kris stop walking, and they feel their feet burning. The floor is to hot, everything is to hot, which makes Kris ask himself 'why was Jongdae wearing his jacket?' "yes, well not yet. But by the way its going, the war would break up soon. We send soldiers last week, a whole company. And now the General wants more troops to move up north" "is the war going to hurt the people in Seoul?" Jongdae looks serious, "we all have families there, lets hope we stop all of this before it hurts them" Jongdae salutes, and Kris salutes back before he leaves.

Kris need it to find a away back home. He need it to tell Chanyeol in some way that he was okay, and that he'll return to him. There was something else he was worry, he promise Chanyeol he wouldnt kill anymore, and here he was. In a place where you have to kill to protect your country, and save yourself. The world works in mysterious way. And Kris is starting to hate that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------

the picture of kris as a soldier is my edit