XXIX

Im in Love with a Criminal

My girl,

The first week without you was hard. To realize that when i wake up your smile wouldnt shy next to me, was something that i was not ready. Yunho is making us do drills with the new soldiers, he says we have to get them ready for anything. His been planning on sending the first company up north. Everyone is to nervous, to pay attention to the small details.

The soldiers. Theres alot of new ones, who dont have much skills with the gun. We call them hot potatoes, because their the first ones to go. I'll try to do everything on my power to come back to you. I miss you, and everything smells like you. Please keep me always on your thoughts. 

I-

 

"Kris?"

"eh?" the sound of Luhan's words make Kris come back to reality. "is something wrong?" He puts the letter away, and moves to sit next to Luhan, who was laying down on the floor. They had no clue where they are, or how far they are away from the camp full of bad soldiers. All they know they didnt stop running for hours.

"what are you doing?" Kris looks at his hands, he was still holding Jongdae's letter. "i was just---nothing" "i have something to give you" Luhan puts his hand inside his jacket to grab a picture and a letter. "do you remember mom?" the older brother asks Kris as he looks at the picture, "sometimes, just glances of her face and hair"

Luhan shows Kris the picture, it was a lovely woman hugging her two kids. The few memories Kris had of his mother, didnt show any fairness on her beauty. "here, keep it. Show Chanyeol how beautiful our mom was" Kris looks at Luhan, why did the mood start it to sound like goodbye? "no. You'll show it to him, when you see him"

Kris moves the fire thats keeping them warm, in the mist. He pokes around with a stick to move the wood, so each one can burn. "Kris, you know it might not be possible" "we talked about this Luhan, let it go" Kris sighs hard, he didnt want to talk about this. Not today, nor tomorrow. "why does it always has to be that? why cant we talk about all the things we gonna do when we go back home!"

"fine, you want to talk about that, lets talk about that" Luhan sits down on the floor, still sitting behind Kris who didnt want to turn around. "you gonna live with Chanyeol, and your kid. Your going to forget your past, and you'll have a normal life. Finally. And i'll be looking down at you with.....with mom" Luhan looks down, because his damn watery eyes wouldnt let him see.

"here" Luhan sniffles, as he gives the letter that it burn him to write down. "can you please give Yixing this?" "why is everyone giving me their letters?" the older brother laughs, at the beginning he pushes himself to do so. But by the end its all natural, he want it to show Kris. He want it Kris to remember his laughter, to remember his older brother.

"because we voted and you won, so just take my letter!" Kris rolls his eyes, but takes the letter. "we should keep on moving, its best if we walk during the night" Kris puts dirt on the fire to put it out. Luhan stands up cleaning the few tears that did escape from his eyes. "lets go" the two brothers walk next to each other in the moonight.

The forest looks even bigger at this time, but everything had an ending. Soon this forest would end, and hopefully they would find something that can help them go home. "why were you reading Jongdae's letter?"

Luhan breaks the perfect silence, "i want it to know his last words" "did he said something funny?" Kris shakes his head, "he was never funny, my commander told me, that Jongdae is the third man in his family to join the army." Kris just nods, "Kris, you should know something" before Luhan continues he looks at Kris who keeps looking forward.

"what?" when he looks he sees a bridge who is up high, and under it is water. "we need to be careful, its dark and we dont know how good the wooden floor is" "i'll go first" Luhan volunteers, he grabs the ropes and starts to give small steps. Kris follows short after that. Every step they take, the bridge moves around, "smaller steps Luhan" Kris voices shakes, he didnt trust this brigde would hold.

"wha--" the wooden floor breaks, Luhan falls but he holds on to the rope. "give me your other hand" the sound of the bridge thats about to fall is what Luhan hears. "no" "Luhan give me your hand!"

The look of Luhan gives everything away, "no, no Luhan just give me your hand. Do it!" "i guess im not going to die by your hand" Luhan closes his eyes, and lets go. His body drops from a very high point, his body floats in the mid air not feeling anything until his body hits the water hard. Kris stands there crying his eyes out.

He looks around like if he could see Luhan, but his body never comes out out of the water. The sound of the bridge ripping apart fills Kris ears, he starts to run very precise. When he finally gets to the other side, the brigde falls to the water and the fast stream takes it away. Kris starts to breath hard, and it didnt take long for his tears to fill his eyes.

He hate it this, hates it with a passion. He wish he had never save Chanyeol, he wishes he had never enter that stupid school to look for stupid Kyungsoo. He wishes he had continue being the criminal, and just kill everyone thats in his way. He wishes he had kill Luhan in that warehouse when he had the chance. Kris covers his face, as he sobs constantly.

He cries there like a little kid, he throws a tantrum and he feels stupid for doing that. He was to busy crying that he didnt see five man coming towards him. When he feels the cold metal of a gun in his neck, he stops crying. The first man talks in the same dialect as the other soldier did, Kris raises his hands and slowly turns around.

There are not soldiers.

"you are a soldier" the second man asks Kris, "yes, iam" "your here to kill red soldiers?" thats what people from here call their soldiers, "yes" the man who point his gun to Kris, lowers it down. "you can joins us, we are tired of those red soldiers taking our land, and killing our people" Kris looks at the five man, their guns are old and only two people have them.

The other man didnt seem like they know how to use them. But their everything Kris has right now, so he nods and says 'yes'. Kris follows the five man into the dark forest.

 

Chanyeol puts the third suit on the big closet. He had enough pants, jeans, and shirts to last months. "okay, now the livingroom" he opens the windows so the fresh air can enter to the bright apartment. It takes him approximately 2 minutes to sweep the floor. It takes approximately another 10 minutes to clean the kitchen, and diningroom.

When he looks around and sees how clean everything is, he decides to turn on the tv. He changes channels, not stopping on news because he had promise Kyungsoo he wouldnt see them. But his finger slowly stops when he reads 'soldiers are coming home, all the soldiers who are hurt or need more medical treatment'.

Chanyeol's heart skips a beat, half of him want it Kris to be hurt so he'll come home. The other part of him wishes Kris wasnt hurt at all, that he was healthy and in no danger. When Chanyeol was about to change the channel cause the nerves are killing him, he feels something in his stomach. He stops everything and panics.

'Should i call Kyungsoo?'

When he feels it again, he realize it was his baby kicking.