XXII

Im in Love with a Criminal

Chanyeol stands up from the cold wet floor, he wipes his face from what it seems tears. He stays there waiting for the car to come back, but he knows it was just an empty hope. "you would never see that boy again" Chanyeol ignores his grandmother comment, and goes inside the house. From the first touch from the door knob, to the sound of water dripping from his clothes; everything hurts him.

"Chanyeol" Chanyeol stops in the middle of the stairs, hearing the empty voice from his grandfather. "you have to understand her, she's doing this from your own good" there was very sarcastic chuckle, before Chanyeol continues to go up stairs. "Chanyeol, please lets just talk about this" every step is another hallow sound, that betrays him with guilt.

It was him that told Kris not to fight, it was him who continue with this lie that actually his grandmother would be okay with them. If only he havent said a word, if only him would had push his feelings. Kris would be at home, with his friends. Chanyeol opens his door, and slowly closes it behind. He feels numb and dumb at the same time.

When his eyes take a glance of himself in the mirror, he sees the mess he is. His clothes are wet, his fair is flat and looks dirty. There was a feeling of wanting to vomit, but he pushes those feelings down. He decides not to look at himself in the mirror for now, and just sit down on the floor to think of a plan. Kris was somewhere out there, and he need it to find him. No matter the cost.

"i'll find you Kris, i promise"

The sound of the door opening, then closing makes Chanyeol get ready for anything. "you need to change clothes or going to get sick" Chanyeol's grandpa, Nam yoon grabs a towel from the closet waiting for Chanyeol to say something. He approaches him slowly until he kneels down and starts to dry Chanyeol's hair. "its going to be okay Chanyeol"

"can you ask her where Kris is?" Nam yoon sighs, "just let it go" Chanyeol bites his lip, pushing himself not try. His face becomes red, and tears form in his sad eyes. "focus on something else, go out with someone who deserves to be with you" Nam yoon puts the towel in Chanyeol's shoulders, when he finish drying the boy's hair.

 

Chanyeol knocks on the door too hard for his knuckles. Tao opens the door, and grunts when he sees Chanyeol, "where is he!?" Tao walks away, but leaves the door open so Chanyeol follows him. When he sees boxes everywhere he put the pieces together, "your guys are leaving?" Suho points at Chanyeol, but his eyes are on Tao waiting for the name. "Chanyeol" Tao murmurs.

"Jongin, you cant go, Kris is missing" Chanyeol grabs a hold of Jongin, "we have to go Chanyeol" he pushes Chanyeol alittle, so he'll let go. "you guys are not listening to me! i dont know where Kris is! you have to stay and help me find him!" Suho calms Chanyeol, by slowly making him sit down. "Chanyeol, we have to go. The fighting scene cause us alot of attention, we need to go before someone comes for us"

Chanyeol looks down, his tears fall down so easily in his hands. "im sorry Chanyeol" Suho puts his hand in Chanyeol's head, before he grabs the last box. The vomiting feeling comes back to Chanyeol, and this time he couldnt push it down. He stands up, putting his hand in his mouth. Chanyeol runs to a restroom, and vomits everything.

He breathes heavily, trying to not look at his vomit. He flushes the toilet, and cleans his mouth. Chanyeol opens the faucet putting the warm water, he washes his mouth taking the flavor away from what he puke. The broken boy looks at the mirror, and sees his pale skin. And how tired his eyes look, it was probably from all the crying from yesterday.

But there was no way he is going to give up. Chanyeol leaves the restroom, when he notice his inside of an empty house. Since there was no harm done, he starts to open every door, trying to look for Kris room. When he opens the third door, he notice it was the room he was looking for. For the only logic that it was the only room with clothes. Chanyeol looks around picturing Kris sitting down in that chair thats next to the window.

He moves to the drawer that was next to the bed, when he opens it there was a very old book with a picture sticking out. Chanyeol was scared to grab the book, because it seems like all the pages might fall. Slowly and careful Chanyeol grabs the book, and opens to the page where the picture was used as a bookmark.

It was a picture of Kris as a little kid, and older boy next to him with his arm around Kris. When Chanyeol turns the picture around, he sees on the bottom, 'Wu Yifan, Wu Luhan' "Luhan!" If no one is going to help him find Kris, he can find Luhan. And maybe he would be able to bring two broken brothers to love each other again. Chanyeol smiles so hard, and it feels weird in his face.

"im going to find you Luhan, i will" Chanyeol finds himself laying down in Kris bed, getting ready to take a nap. He holds on to the picture pressing it close to his chest. 

 

"Chanyeol" Chanyeol tries to open his eyes, but it was hard. He opens his eye half way, when he sees someone infront of him. "Chanyeol, wake up" "Kris?" someone keeps on moving him, and it seems like his shaking his head. "No, its Kyungsoo" Chanyeol rubs his hands in his eyes, when he finally opens them. "how did you know i was here?"

"Jongin call me, he said you might need help getting home"

"did they leave?" Kyungsoo just nods, "are you going to leave too?" "no, i wasnt involve with the fight, i just have to play it cool for awhile" Chanyeol starts to feel like something is going up his throat, "i have to puke again" Chanyeol runs to the restroom. He opens his mouth and everything comes out. Kyungsoo runs to the restroom to pat Chanyeol's back.

"are you okay?" Chanyeol flushes the toilet, cleaning his mouth. "yes, maybe its something i ate, im fine" he stands up to clean his mouth again, this time he also splashes cold water in his face. "come, i'll take you home" "can you please take me to eat first?" Kyungsoo chuckles, "okay, lets go"

 

Chanyeol has five plates of food infront of him, he grabs one piece of food from each plate to the point that he gets tired and just puts everything in one plate. "wow, i guess after you puke it really brings out your appetite" Kyungsoo comments, seen how much Chanyeol is eating. It was abit gross for Kyungsoo, that he couldnt start eating.

"shut up! people eat when their depress"

"yeah, but i doubt they eat a whole restaurant" Chanyeol stops eating feeling self conscious, "oh, sorry, sorry, i didnt meant it like that" "give me your steak, and we are even" Kyungsoo pushes his plate towards Chanyeol, he didnt mind. He just couldnt eat infront of Chanyeol. Chanyeol giggles, he grabs the plate and pushes the delicious steak to his mountain of food.

"by the way Kyungsoo, are you okay?" Kyungsoo raises his eyebrow, "what do you mean?" "Jongin, he left." Kyungsoo makes an 'oh' sound, "yes, im fine. Why wouldnt i be?" "well you guys were screwing around, arent you going to miss that?" Kyungsoo sighs in relief, when he sees what Chanyeol is talking about. If Kyungsoo can be true to himself, he was expecting for Chanyeol to ask him about his feelings towards Jongin.

He guesses, that part of him did want it to talk about that. But the other part feels better keeping everything inside. Its not like after tasting every part of Jongin, made him have feelings towards him. Cause his sure Jongin didnt feel the same way, since he didnt stay. "wait, i dont feel good" Chanyeol puts his hand in his mouth, stopping himself from puking until he reaches to a restroom.

Chanyeol stands up and runs to the restroom. He didnt get to the restroom in time, making his clothes get some vomit. The people who are inside, leave the restroom feeling gross out from the sound coming out from Chanyeol's stall. By this point, when Chanyeol finishes puking he starts to get abit scared. He was puking to much, and he didnt want to get sick. Not when he need it his strength to look for Kris.

"Chanyeol? where are you?" Chanyeol gets out of the stall, cleaning his mouth again. The lines from his lips are starting to get red, "do you want me to take you to see a doctor?" Chanyeol shakes his head, as he drinks some water. "nah, just take me home" "okay"

 

Kyungsoo drops off Chanyeol, as he makes Chanyeol promise him to call him tomorrow. "i will!" he laughs, but Kyungsoo knows he will. Chanyeol waves goodbye until he doesnt see Kyungsoo's car. When he turns to see the house, he has to push himself to go in. Never did he hate it a place, as much as he hates this house. He knew it since the first time he moved here, he knew his grandmother didnt quite love him.

It was a feeling of fault, like it was Chanyeol's fault his parents die. He knows it could be the reason why Hee nam, would always try to change him. To make him less like his mother in a sense of expressions, and the things they like. So she wouldnt cry everytime she sees Chanyeol. Chanyeol has always known that, and he has to be honest he thought as he grow older things would change.

It only made it worst. Kris was his escape. When Chanyeol opens the door, he finds his grandmother sitting in the couch waiting for him. "the school call, they told me you didnt show up for school" Chanyeol rolls his eyes, "you went to look for him, didnt you!" since Chanyeol didnt answer, Hee name ask the same question again, but this time louder. "didnt you!!"

"why are you acting like you care? or is it my damn mind, thinking that you could possibibly care for me!?" Hee name doesnt answer, and her features dont get soften. "i do care for you" the words sound like she practice saying them in the mirror, "if you do, they why didnt you ask me why i was acting so distance? for you----in your mind i was still the same person,"

"grandma i was , and you didnt care" Hee nam doesnt say anything, nor she acts surprise. Chanyeol doesnt know who she hates the most, Kris or him. It was probably him, and more now that he wasnt pure. "Kris was the only one who did help me! he made me feel safe" Hee name takes a step forward, "you had  with him, didnt you!?"

Chanyeol runs upstairs to his room tired of making her understand. He hears Hee nam running after him. He locks himself in his room, Hee nam starts to knock on the door so hard it sounds like she could break the door in any minute. Chanyeol grabs a bagpack, and puts clothes inside. It was for the best for him to stay with Kyungsoo for a few days.

"chanyeol open the door!!" Hee nam yells, Chanyeol looks around not wanting to forget something. When he grabs everything he needs, he opens the window. He thinks 'how hard could it be? if the Kris used to do it'. Slowly Chanyeol grabs onto what it could be stairs, but it didnt look like it could hold on for to long. Being a few feet away from the ground, Chanyeol jumps down and runs away.

He doesnt stop running, when his sure Hee nam wouldnt catch him. There was a seven eleven store in the corner of the street, Chanyeol decides to buy chocolate milk before he goes to Kyungsoo's apartment. After he asks Jongin for directions. 

 

From: Chanyeol
001456879
To: Jongin

directions for Kyungsoo's apartment, and dont tell me that you dont know. I know what you two been doing ;D

 

As chanyeol waits for Jongin to reply, he enters the store "hello" the guy working there greets Chanyeol, "hi" Chanyeol replies. He walks to the back of the store, and grabs two chocolate milk. Maybe three. He walks around trying to see what else could he buy. He sees medicines, and thinks its better to buy something for his stomach so Kyungsoo wouldnt end up kicking him out.

Chanyeol feels his phone vibrating, Jongin reply back. The good thing was that Kyungsoo didnt live that far away from the store, which its a good thing because his feet are hurting. Chanyeol grabs the medicine from his stomach, when his about to leave he sees a pregnancy test. He thinks how hilarious would it be to make Kyungsoo believe he was pregnant, and that was the reason why his grandma kick him out.

That would work for three days the most. He grabs one and goes to the restroom to try it out. He pees on it, then puts it near the sink to wait for the results. For some reason he was abit nervous, he knows there was no way it was going to have a smiley face. Then he thinks back, the two nights in where they made love.

Chanyeol looks down at the stick, and he couldnt believe his eyes. It couldnt be possible, not to him. He feels like his whole life turn upside down, he didnt hate it the fact but he didnt quite love it. Chanyeol runs out of the restroom, and out of the store. He didnt stop even when the cashier was yelling, "hey you forgot to pay!" He knows it was probably disgusting to hold on a stick that he pee in. 

And he knows he probably looks crazy running around with tears in his eyes. Suddenly Chanyeol stops running, he didnt know if running was good for the fetus. Chanyeol puts his hands in his stomach and starts to give small steps. 

When he finally arrives to the apartments, Chanyeol knocks twice in a very loud matter. "im coming" he hears Kyungsoo grunting as he comes towards the door, When he opens the door his surprise to see Chanyeol, "Chanyeol how did you get my address?" "Kyungsoo" Chanyeol's expression is blank in a very frightening way. "Chanyeol whats the matter?"

"Kyungsoo im pregnant"