XIV

Im in Love with a Criminal

Kris sits down in bed half dress, just like every morning he has to inject himself. The pain he feels in his shoulder is to much for a human body to take. He guess is punishment for his life choices. Tao opens the door and finds Kris injecting morphine to his system. "still hurts?" Kris throws the niddle, and puts his white shirt.

"the doctor said, my shoulder would always be in pain" Kris stands up and buttons his shirt, he grabs his jacket and follows Tao out of the room. Suho sits down in the couch like every morning. His cup of coffee in his left hand, as he continues to change the channels. Kris never felt any jealousy, but seen Suho with no worries he feels jealous.

'A new victim comes forward, this would be the third victim of the parking lot , more in a couple of seconds'

Kris comes torwards the tv and turns it off. "we are leaving" "did you really have to turn off the tv?" Suho shouts when Kris walks away, Jongin chuckles like he always does when Kris turns the tv off.

 

There was a hollow knock that echos in Chanyeol's ears. The knock remains constant until the person gives up and just opens the door, "Chanyeol honey, i heard you taking a shower i thought you were getting for school" Chanyeol's grandma comes and touches Chanyeol's wet hair, "im not going today" "are you sick?" Chanyeol lays down in bed like a worm that die.

He look like C in the bed, but having his legs closer to his face to hug them. Chanyeol's grandma, Hee nam opens the door of the restroom she sees clothes that Chanyeol was wearing yesterday all over the floor. She grabs them to but them in the dirty basket, Chanyeol turns around and sees her carring the clothes. "no grandma leave them there"

"its okay honey, i can put them in the basket" Chanyeol stands up, and grabs the clothes from his grandma hands. Hee nam keeps on pull them too, "i said give them to me!" Chanyeol yells at her, leaving his grandma to stand there surprise at Chanyeol's loud voice. Chanyeol hugs the clothes and lays down again in bed. "oh...oh okay, well im leaving. I'll see you tonight"

"whatever" Chanyeol's attitude continues to surprise Hee nam, but she doesnt pay attention since his a teenager. And now on days teenagers are rude to older people. Chanyeol begins to cry in silent, he presses his lips together so his grandparents wouldnt hear him sobbing. He feels lips in his neck, and dirty hands touching him.

Chanyeol feeling disgust it, stands up still holding the clothes; he gets in the restroom and takes a shower. He sits down in the tub, and lets the cold water hit his body. He grabs a sponge and begins to scrub his skin until abit of blood comes out. But it didnt matter, he still feels dirty. But at least he couldnt feel his tears running down his cheek.

He undresses himself in the tub, and leaves the wet pair of clothes inside. Chanyeol doesnt know what to do, he thinks of burning them but he decides it might be to much. He might just bury them. Chanyeol grabs a pair of sweatpants, and a long old shirt and a sweater. The weather outside was 75 degrees. He leaves the house with his mind set on going to the pharmacy, and buy a morning after pill.

Every step adds another beat to his heart, and the thought of people knowing what he did. He feels like he has the words ' victim' in his forehead. Even when he didnt feel like a victim, he feels like he was asking for it. Before he thinks of more hurtful words to say to himself, his phone rings. It was Kyungsoo's theme song, and it bring happy tears to his face but he couldnt answer it.

He lets it go to voice mail. For now.

Chanyeol enters to the pharmacy, and an older male person waits for him to tell him what kind of pill his looking for. The age, and the fact that his a male brings shivers to Chanyeol. For all he knows it could be his , "is there something you want?" the male speaks, Chanyeol jumps alittle. The raspy voice sound it like the man. "is...is there," "son you have to speak louder"

Chanyeol takes some air in, and pushes himself to speak. "is there a woman that can help me?" the male nods, and goes to the back room just for seconds later a older woman comes to the front. "is there something i can help with?" Chanyeol walks towards her, "yes, i would like a morning after pill" the woman nods, not before he stares at Chanyeol. Judging him.

He probably sees a million people asking for the same pill everyday. People that have and regret it the next day and take the pill so they wouldnt get pregnant. The woman goes to the shelfs where the pill was, she comes back and gives a pack of pills. Chanyeol pays for it, and leaves. "dont have so you wouldnt regret it" Chanyeol hears the woman say, but he doesnt know if she had said it that low of tone so he would hear, or because it wasnt meant for him to hear.

Either way Chanyeol leaves the pharmacy taking one pill and swallows it hard. Chanyeol looks around, not knowing where to go. He knows he should tell the police so that man can go to jail, but he feels embarrassed just thinking how he has to go on details of what the man did. And there was a chance that he has to wait so the police would catch him. If they ever catch him.

Chanyeol decides to just go and check everything out. The police station wasnt so far from where he is anyway, and its not like he could go home. There was no one waiting for him. At the first step he takes his cell phone rings, except this time the ring tone was different. It wasnt customize which means it was an unknown number. Chanyeol doesnt answer it.

He buries his hands inside the pockets of the sweater, and continues to walk with his head down. The less people see Chanyeol, the better. He was feeling paper thin, one look can actually break him into tears. He knows when he gets home, he probably would need another shower. Because no one knows how it feels to feel dirty.

To feel the man's lips in his skin like a tattoo, like another part of skin. He was living in a body he didnt want. No one knows that feeling. When Chanyeol stops he sees people going in and out of the police station. He takes one step, then he takes it back. He couldnt do it, he couldnt speak. He would die with this secret if he has to.

 

It was break time and Kris stays sitting down in his desk, resting his head in his hand. He can hear Baekhyun talking about how incredible Kris is, and even when he loves hearing this, he was not in the mood. "Kris!" Kris turns to Kyungsoo's panic voice, "Kyungsoo what are you doing here?" "Kris have you call Chanyeol?" Kyungsoo ignores Kris words, and asks the question thats burning his throat.

"no" Baekhyun looks back and forth between Kris, and Kyungsoo. "he didnt come to school, i havent seen him since yesterday, im worry" "calm down mother, his fine" Kris stands up having enough with this conversation, especially hearing Chanyeol's name. "do you really believe that?" Kyungsoo asks before Kris could get out of the classroom, he stops for a second. Even when for Kris it feels longer.

He doesnt answer Kyungsoo's question, and just leaves. Because he hates to admit that he doesnt know Chanyeol at all. "hey Kris where your going?" Sehun yells seen Kris walking away, they havent have time to talk since the whole incident. Kyungsoo was about to walk away when Sehun stops him, "hey whats wrong?" "nothing" but that nothing didnt sound like nothing.

Sehun hates how they are acting, like he didnt understand or they didnt trust him. He lets Kyungsoo go, before they get in a fight. Sehun sees Baekhyun sitting down playing with his phone. He didnt have a clue of who he was, but Baekhyun's brownish hair and that stupid smile made him wonder if he should introduce himself to him.

 

Chanyeol lays down in the couch, as he sleeps. He starts moving around, when the calm dream becomes a nightmare. He hears the man's voice so perfectly, he feels like his getting all over again. "a real man is going to show you what pleasure feels like" Chanyeol begins to whimper, saying 'no, no'. At first the words are low but with fear. Then the words become louder, bringing him tears.

He pushes himself to open his eyes, so his nightmare would end. But when he opens his eyes, he realize that it was too late. It had already happened. "i need a shower" right before Chanyeol was going upstairs, the bell rings. He takes a step not wanting to answer it, but the ringing continues so he chooses to open it. "Chanyeol!" Kyungsoo yells.

Chanyeol looks down to embarrassed to look at Kyungsoo's eyes. "Chanyeol whats wrong?" "nothing"

'pale, red skin, scratches? allergies, cover up, weather is 75 degrees+ going up.' 

"are you sure your okay? you didnt come to school" Chanyeol begins to close the door slowly, "im okay, i just want to be alone, dont worry, im fine" he says with a low tone that Kyungsoo couldnt believe he would ever hear his best friend talk in. Chanyeol is a loud person, thats who he is. But now it seems like someone else. "go home Kyungsoo, i want to be alone" and the door meets Kyungsoo's face. Kyungsoo notice how all the lights are turn off. 

Chanyeol goes back to lay down in the couch, he hugs his legs afraid to touch something. Afraid that an object would touch him. "Kyungsoo, please, please dont leave me" Chanyeol says with tears in his eyes, the painful fact that Kyungsoo couldnt hear him. "i need you, i need to feel safe again, please Kyungsoo come back" words hit the white walls hard, as the voice of Chanyeol continues to beg with tears that add on with sobs.