V

Im in Love with a Criminal

Kris has to react fast, one he could shoot and kill Minhyuk. Two, Kris could shoot and Minhyuk could react as fast as him, and he ends up killing Chanyeol. There was another thing that could happen, Kris can put his gun down and let Minhyuk escape. And whatever Minhyuk knows his going to take it with him, and god knows when Kris would see him again.

Although Kris couldnt develop a bond with Chanyeol, he still didnt want him dead. He can picture Mrs. Park crying ones again, and it wasnt fair. Kris knows how it feels to lose someone you love. He had experience, he lost two people. Kris smirks, and Minhyuk gets nervous. Kris puts his gun down, and stands behind Chanyeol covering his eyes.

Tao takes the dart from inside his boot, and throws it to Minhyuk right in the head. It was the same dark Luhan kindly throw Kris, after Jongin examine the poison he realize that there was still some of it. And that Kris got lucky that he didnt die. Of course Kris was lucky, Minhyuk wasnt. Tao nods to Kris, he nods too. "come with me" Kris drags Chanyeol, around the corridor. Tao goes back to the ballroom, and starts to yell, 'someone kill Minhyuk!' Kris can hear Tao yelling.

People begin to shout, and run to where Minhyuk's body lays down. Meanwhile Kris and Chanyeol try to look for an exit. Kris still has his hand in Chanyeol's eyes, taking him against his will. Kris stops seen three different corridors, "damn" Kris relax himself, he need it to use his skills. "quiet sound, where is the quiet sound coming from" Kris closes his eyes, and uses his super hearing.

Chanyeol tries to calm down, to see why the criminal had stop and why wasnt he talking. "this way!" Kris yells, they continue to run and Chanyeol knows this could be the end of him. When they get out of the house, he tries to look for a car he could steal. Putting Chanyeol in the same car with Suho, Jongin, and Tao could be the end of them. He breaks the window with his gun, and the splatter makes Chanyeol jumpy. Afraid of the sound Chanyeol sticks his nails in Kris's arm, making him bleed. "get in but dont open your eyes!" Kris tries to make his voice deeper, to throw Chanyeol off.

Kris opens the door of the driver seat, he turns to look at Chanyeol to see if he has his eyes close. In fact he does, he has them so tight he bets Chanyeol can see starts. He begins to drive, as he looks at the rearview mirror he can see the police arriving. Now all he has to do, is think of something involving Chanyeol "ar...are you going to kill me?" Chanyeol asks, he doesnt dare to open his eyes.

"give me a reason to leave you alive"

"i dont have one, i can tell you that my parents would miss me, and i can think of one best friend that would cry in my tomb. Other than those three people, no one is going to miss me. I dont have a good reason to give you"

Kris continues to drive in silent, he honestly was waiting for Chanyeol to give him a sad story. Something about life being wonderful, and he doesnt deserve to die. But all could Kris think of was those three people Chanyeol mention. His mom, and dad and his pretty sure that the best friend is Kyungsoo. He doesnt blame Chanyeol for not mentioning Kris, they didnt have that bond to say one of them would be miss by the other. The silent made Chanyeol more scared, he actually just told the criminal that he doent care if he dies.

When the car makes a hard stop, he gets more nervous. "get out of the car!" "eh?" Kris leans over to open the door for Chanyeol, "get out!" Chanyeol was about to open his eyes, to see the place where his going to die. "dont open your eyes and just get out!" Chanyeol's hands begin to betray him, he want it to kneel down and beg the criminal not to kill him. He doesnt know how, but he gets the guts to get out of the car and wait for the bullet.

The tires burn down the street when Kris takes off fast. Hearing that Chanyeol opens his eyes, and sees the tail lights glowing and becoming small. He couldnt believe that the criminal let him free, again. And not only that he left him infront of the school. "thank you Sehun"

Kris gets home, and sees calm faces. He didnt expect his friends to be worry or anything like that, that would only show that they actually have feelings. "so what happen to Chanyeol? do i have to go tomorrow with tears in my eyes?" Tao says when he puts down a king of hearts. "go fish" Kris throws the house keys to the little bowl thats next to the tv. "no, his fine. He doesnt know anything" Jongin puts three of black clovers, and takes a card. "good, i hate seen people cry. i dont know whether to walk away, or punch them" he comment. 

"im gonna take a shower"

"wait, Kris" Suho puts his cards upside down, so Tao and Jongin wouldnt see them. "we would get Luhan next time" "yeah, well we keep saying that im tired" Kris walks away, Suho just stands there hearing the tiredness in Kris voice. Since Kris was eleven Suho told him that he couldnt rest until Luhan was dead. Kris only knew that Luhan was killing people, and that he was very dangerous. The abit of hero Kris had inside kicks in, and swears his going to protect all Seoul.

As he was growing up, he realize he was also killing people. They need it to know every move Luhan makes, and when people didnt want to help he had to kill them. He felt hypocrite, he need it to kill Luhan because he was killing people when he was doing the same thing. He just hopes when day comes, Luhan would kill him too.

So both of them can finally rest in peace in hell. Kris starts to take his shirt off as he looks at himself in the mirror. He was tone, but its not like people would notice his body, but they would notice his scars. He turns on the shower and puts it on hot. The steam fills out the restroom fast, fogging the mirrors. Kris hates to see his reflection. Kris steps in the showers, the hot water burns Kris body. It burn and it hurt, but it was the only way he could feel human. 

His mind goes back to Chanyeol, when he said about three people missing him. At least Chanyeol has three people, Kris has done. He thinks if he could make a clean soul like Chanyeol miss him, then for the first time he would've done something right.

 

Kris walks around the school like always. He was tired of hearing the voices of his teachers, he was this close to stab them. Thats why every morning he puts a small knife inside his pocket. Just in case. When he passes by the library he sees Chanyeol sitting down in one of the tables. He was glad to see the boy calm, and relax. Kris decides to enter and just have a small chat with Chanyeol.

"hey" he says taking the sit infront of Chanyeol, Chanyeol raises his face and looks at Kris. He grins. "still not emotionally ready to go to class?" Kris shrugs, "maybe one day, what are you doing?" Chanyeol stops writing, and shows Kris his notebook. "im finishing my book report, the teacher is pretty cool she's giving me extra day" Kris grabs the book, and reads the title. He read it ones, along time ago.

"so how you been little brother?"

"stop calling me that! and what we gonna talk like best friends now?" Kris puts the book down, "dont be silly, i dont have friends" "oh right you only need your brother" Chanyeol stands up grabbing the book, Kris follows him to the aisles of books. Chanyeol tries to look for the spot where the book belongs, "Chanyeol, i told you you were to young to understand"

"why do you do that?" Chanyeol stops when he finds the right spot for the book, "do what?" "talk like a grown up? i still remember what you told me, that night i found you sitting down in the hallway," Kris stands there, trying to read Chanyeol and for the first time he couldnt. "you said that you were protecting us, from who? and why?"

"its a long story" Kris looks at his hands, "i remember the stories you told me, about your past. I used to think that their were just stories, i used to smile because i loved your imagination. When you talked about your past it was the only way i could notice you were a eleven year old boy, not the grown up your trying to be" Chanyeol grabs another book, and goes to his table. It takes a couple of minutes for Kris to follow him.

"so we are the same age" Kris says, he couldnt believe it for the first time Chanyeol sound it more grown up that he ever did. Chanyeol laughs, and continues to write. "hey guys!" Sehun takes a sit next to Chanyeol, Chanyeol heart begins to race. When he raises his eyes to take a look of Sehun's handsome face, he sees a scratch in his arm. Chanyeol thinks back, and he remembers stabbing the criminal with his nails when he was super scared. "ho---what happened?" Chanyeol says pointing at the scratch.

Sehun turns to see, "oh i dont know, i didnt even notice i had it" Kris has his jacket on, so no one could ask him about his scratch. Especially Chanyeol, but Sehun just had to come and make a big question mark in Chanyeol's head. Sehun smiles, and turns to see Kris who was quiet. Kris gives him a questionable look, "you have to be careful" Sehun ruffles Chanyeol's hair, pretending he was older than him. "i will" Chanyeol giggles, and he feels really lame for doing that infront of Sehun.

"well, i have to go" Chanyeol grabs everything and walks away without saying goodbye. "what are you trying to do?" Sehun leans over trying to whisper a secret, but the only words that come out of Sehun's mouth are "im trying to make him question the criminal's identity, he'll never know its you. you welcome" Sehun gets up and winks at Kris. If thats what Sehun is trying to do, Kris didnt believe it. Sehun is really smart, and it looks like he was just trying to take the advantage of the criminal's identity.

"what do you want Sehun, fame?" Kris asks himself that, he looks at Sehun and how he turns around to see if Kris was looking at him. 'smirk, playful features, calm, but nervous' "your hiding something" Kris stands up speed walking, because the rules say no running. But when he gets out someone pulls him grabbing his hand. Kris reaction is to put his hand in his pocket to grab the knife, but the chuckles are coming out of Chanyeol's mouth.

"what are you doing?" Kris asks as he looks down at the hand, then at Chanyeol's face. "come" and thats all Chanyeol says, before they start to run. The hallways seem so long, and lonely as the only light there is the light from the sun. Kris swears Chanyeol's laugh is the same one when they were kids. Instead of having that deep voice, it was alittle boy who was going to become the older Chanyeol.

They open the door of the hallway, and they continue to run around the school. He knows that he should tell Chanyeol to calm down, and be more quiet before they get caught. But all Kris wants is to hear that care free smile. They get to the back of the school, to find the wall that surrounds the school. "come, lets climb it" Kris looks at Chanyeol with a look of -are-you-serious-? Chanyeol winks, and starts to climb the wall. It was easy for him as its going to be easy for Kris. Because of the height.

Chanyeol jumps when he gets intop of the wall, Kris stands there just looking at it. He feels like a big metaphor is going to hit his face. If he climbs the wall, he would allow Chanyeol enter his life and possibly become something important. The wall is the barrier he put up so he wouldnt let anyone in. He cant let anyone in. Chanyeol climbs the wall again to see whats taking Kris so long, "aren't you coming?" "is it safe?"

Chanyeol stretches his hand so Kris could grab it, and be pull by Chanyeol. Kris looks at the hand, and smiles. "aren't you going to grab it?" Kris body must be listening to Chanyeol because without thinking twice, Kris grabs Chanyeol's hand and lets himself be pull by Chanyeol. When they jump the wall, they see a seven eleven store infront. "Kyungsoo and i climb the wall when we want some ice cream" Chanyeol looks both ways before he crosses the street. Kris follows seconds later.

"Chanyeol, i dont like ice cream"

"what? kids love ice cream!"

"yeah, well im not a kid" Chanyeol moves his finger in a 'no' action. "because you left and we couldnt spend time together, today right now. we are eleven" Kris scoffs, "no, we are not." he was about to walk away, when Chanyeol stops him. "come then after this we can play soccer!" "Chanyeol stop" Chanyeol pulls Kris inside the store, where their was a cooler full of ice creams.

"which one you like?"

"i told you i dont like ice cream" Chanyeol smacks Kris, "lets both grab strawberry" Chanyeol grabs two, and pays for them. "come lets eat them outside" they both leave the store, and sit down in the ground watching the cars pass by. "being a kid is hard" Kris chuckles, "your still with that" he comments. "mom says i have to buy big boys clothes, i told her i dont want to grow up"

"Chanyeol."

"but dad says, if i grow up i can be as handsome as him. so i guess thats the bright side"

"Chanyeol stop."

"you want to play outside all day? we should go and ask Mrs. Do if she could let Kyungsoo out" Kris gives up, trying to make Chanyeol understand that when he was little was hard enough, he didnt want to go through it again. "theres a park close to here, maybe we should play in the swings!" Chanyeol chuckles when Kris starts to play along. "yeah! and then later we can play hide and seek!"

"oh i have cool toy cars! you want some?" Chanyeol looks at Kris, his voice. It was different, nothing compare to the one he heard couple of times when they were little. This time he was smiling, his tone is playful and excited. 'so this is the real Kris' Chanyeol cant help to think. "of course i want some Kris! but are you sure your mom wouldnt get mad?"

"......."

"Kris....?"

The word mom was foreign, and it was weird hearing it from Chanyeol. Like it made sense, like there was nothing awful in this world just peace. Thats why he has to make Chanyeol miss him, when he dies. Making a clear soul miss someone like Kris, could definitely get him to heaven. "Wu Yifan, remember" "eh?" ~ "my name its Yifan"

Chanyeol nods, and feels touch because Kris let him call him like that again. Kris and Chanyeol look at each other, letting the small wind move their hair alittle. They feel peaceful, and strange with the feeling of knowing each other their whole lives. Kris blinks his eyes acouple of times, as a thought grows in his head. Heart starts to beat fast, a feeling he never experience. Not even when he kills. He decides to use the fact that their playing to be kids.

Because sometimes kids kiss each other, because their pure and naive. Because they dont see nothing wrong with a simple kiss, in where they could laugh about it when they grown up. So Kris decides to do that, to have his eleven self place a kiss in Chanyeol's cheek. Because what the hell, eleven year old Kris want it to have his first kiss with Chanyeol.