XXVI

Im in Love with a Criminal

Chanyeol stares at himself in the mirror as he fixes his tie. Today he feels fat. He has tried to fix his tie for an hour now, and the more he fails the more he wants to throw a tantrum. "i give up" Chanyeol throws the tie to the floor, and decides to not wear the tie. Even when the party is a formal party, and he knows his grandma is going to make him wear the tie.

So why throw the tie to the floor?

A small knock makes Chanyeol pick up the tie, as he turns to the door with a smile. He had learn the way his grandma knocks, more if he has to keep the pregnancy in secret. "im almost ready grandma" Hee nam closes the door behind her, and approaches Chanyeol helping him with his tie. "Chanyeol, i have something to tell you" Hee nam's tone scared Chanyeol. Not alittle, but alot.

He doesnt know why, but he has a bad feeling. "wha--what is it?" Hee nam finish with the tie, and the tears that are building up in her eyes make Chanyeol want to cry too. "its grandpa okay?" Hee nam puts her hands in Chanyeol's broad shoulders. "his okay, its about Kris" Chanyeol feels all of his hair standing up, feeling chills all over his body.

"they cant find his body," pause, and that kill Chanyeol. "so they brought this" Hee nam gives Chanyeol, Kris name tag with blood still on it. Chanyeol drops his weak body to the floor with tears in his eyes. His heart stop, with only him hearing a big buzz in his ears. "no, no, no, thats not possible" Hee nam gets on her knees, "im sorry Chanyeol"

"his alive, i know he is" Chanyeol continues to whisper words to himself, just to get strength. His tears wet his black suit, and no matter how much he stops himself, tears just pour more. "Chanyeol, get a hold of yourself. You cant look like a mess, we have an important party" Hee nam stands up to grab a tissue. Chanyeol nods to himself, his grandma is right.

He need it to get a hold of himself, he has a baby to think off. He cant think of only himself. Plus there was a possibility that Kris was still out there, they have no body to show that he was dead. Chanyeol stands up, and grabs the tissue his grandma was holding. He cleans his tears, and cleans his suit. "im ready to go grandma" Hee nam smiles, "thats my boy, now come your grandpa is waiting for us downstairs"

Hee nam and Chanyeol leave the room and they walk down stairs. As soon as they start coming down, Chanyeol's grandpa starts to take pictures. "smile" Hee nam has a smile of satisfaction, he had made Chanyeol believe Kris was dead. While Chanyeol smiles so he wouldnt break down. "Chanyeol, you look abit puffy. Try not to eat alot in the party" Chanyeol touches his stomach by his grandpa comment.

Kyungsoo had put a elastic band made for pants, it was the only way Chanyeol was going to fit in them. But it didnt mean it was not going to show his baby bump. "no time to talk lets go" Hee nam grabs her husband, and Chanyeol sighs happy that there was no more questions. Chanyeol follows along, as they reach to the car. He sits down in the back sit, as his grandparents in the front.

 

The door of the black car opens, and Kris and Luhan follow Yunho right behind. There was cameras right infront of them taking pictures, the flash makes Kris eyes hurt. "Colonel, any words?" the reporter puts his microphone right on Yunho's lips, even before Yunho agree to say something. "we are just glad to be here" he smiles but it wasnt enough for the reporter.

"theres rumors that you'll send your troops to North Korea, is this the beginning of war?" Yunho pushes the microphone away, "no comment" he looks behind, and waits for Kris and Luhan to catch up to him. Yunho puts his hand behind Luhan's back to push him to walk infront of him, he didnt want the reporters to ask them questions.

"thank god for the masks" Yunho comments, and Kris nods. When they finally enters the president waits by the door, "hello Colonel" "hello Mr. President" they both bow, "and who is this?" the president shakes hands with Kris, "oh this two soldiers are the only survivors from their company" but Kris knew a secret of the president.

The criminal had done a job for him, thats the why he led Kris the house by the beach. But the criminal and everything he did is another story, a past. "this is," Yunho looks at the name tag, and sees that it didnt say 'Wu' instead it said 'Kim'. "cadet, Kim Kris and "Lee Luhan" the president bows, and Kris and Luhan do the same. "thank you for serving your country,"

"enjoy the party" the three of  them enter the ball room, in where other famous and rich people are. Even when Kris couldnt see their faces because of the masks, he recognize them. How can you forget when you had done favors for them. "explain" Yunho pulls Kris and Luhan to the corner of the ball room. "theres people who have to believe im dead," Kris honestly says.

Yunho raises his hand to stop Kris from talking, "never mind i dont want to know" a waiter comes and Yunho grabs a glass of wine, and leaves. "you know from being a Colonel his kinda of funny" Luhan says between his chuckles. Another waiter comes and Luhan grabs two glasses of wine, "here drink, it would calm you" Kris grabs the glass, and looks around.

He wonders if Chanyeol is here already, theres alot of people and even if Chanyeol is tall he couldnt find him. Not until the doors open, and two older people and a young beautiful handsome boy enter the room. There was no way he'll ever forget those thin pink lips, "thats him" Kris points at Chanyeol for Luhan to see. Kris puts the glass of wine in one of the tables where the food is display.

"wait, you cant show yourself like this" Luhan stops him, "i'll go first" Luhan does finish his glass of wine before he walks up to Chanyeol, who is standing by the door, leaning against the wall. Like if there was going to be a fire drill anytime soon. His grandparents cant stop talking to the governor and his wife. "may i have this dance?" Luhan stretches his hand as he bows his head alittle.

"im sorry, but im not in the mood" Chanyeol walks away, leaving Luhan there. He doesnt have to turn to see Kris laugh, Luhan follows Chanyeol and ends up stopping him. "please" Chanyeol looks at the name tag, 'Lee' he didnt know why he thought it would say 'Wu'. "okay, one dance" they begin to dance the waltz, but Chanyeol wasnt into the dance at all.

"whats wrong?"

"nothing"

Luhan chuckles, "come on, you can talk to a complete stranger about your problems, its not like we are going to see each other again" Luhan spins Chanyeol then they go back to the same position. "the person i love die in the battlefield" "how do you know?" Chanyeol looks down, looking at his baby. "someone told me" "and you believe what people tell you?"

"why wouldnt i?" Luhan shrugs, he spins Chanyeol one more time but this time Chanyeol ends up in Kris arms. "sorry" Chanyeol blurts out, he turns around to give a very evil look to Luhan but he wasnt there. "i guess my dance partner left me" "then let me finish this dance" since he was already there he nod accepting Kris request.

Chanyeol looks at the name tag, and sees 'Kim'. "are you two the only soldiers here?" "yes" Kris tries to make his voice sound deeper, not wanting Chanyeol to know yet. And more here infront of people. "oh" "are you waiting for someone?" the music ends and the people applaud to the live orchestra. Chanyeol claps too, before he bows to Kris. "thank you for the dance, i must go now"

"whats the hurry? trust me the wall is not going anywhere" Chanyeol chuckles, "come, lets talk outside" Kris opens the crystal doors that let you go to the amazing backyard. They walk together seen the beautiful view infront of them, "your eyes look sad why?" Chanyeol gives a small chuckle, "the person i love is dead, and the sad thing its that i didnt tell him that"

"why didnt you?" Chanyeol looks at Kris when he hears the question, and it sound it like him. But Chanyeol was afraid that it was his brain playing tricks on him. "because i was stupid not to say it, and now i regret it" Chanyeol touches his stomach, not wanting the fetus to feel the sadness Chanyeol is caring right now. Because he want it the fetus to feel happiness, and to grow up knowing theres people who loves her/him.

The way Chanyeol touches his stomach makes Kris eyes grow big, he feels like his losing his breath. "your----your pregnant" Kris blurts out, Chanyeol covers Kris mouth. "please, please shh, no one knows" Kris grabs Chanyeol hand, and kisses it. The feeling of having someone else lips against his skin feel nice, even when it shouldnt.

"im sorry, i---i cant like anyone...its to soon for me to move on, and to be honest its going to take a long t-" Kris presses his lips against Chanyeol, it was small peck that gives both of them the feeling of chemicals reacting. When Kris takes his lips away, Chanyeol knew that that person its Kris. No one can kiss him like Kris does. "K--Kris?" Kris puts his index finger in Chanyeol's lips.

"your grandma cant know im alive, i want her to keep thinking im dead." Chanyeol blinks and his tears roll down his cheeks, "i thought----i almost die" Chanyeol puts his hands around Kris neck, as he noise gets a taste of Kris smell. And god did he miss that smell. "im sorry" Kris grabs Chanyeol's head and kisses it, one, two, three times. "Kris!" Kris lets go of Chanyeol, when he hears that deep whisper.

Kris runs to the small stairs that you take to go the front part of the mansion. "Luhan? what do you want?" Chanyeol walks towards Kris, and stands next to him. The person who dance with him, it was Luhan. The famous Luhan everyone talks about, "we have to go, grandma was asking me questions" Kris looks at Chanyeol, as he grabs his hand.

"Chanyeol, you know i promise i was going to come back to you, and i will. And im sorry i cant be here with you and the baby. But i will come back, and we are going to be a happy family" Chanyeol cries alittle more, until Kris wipes the tears. He kisses Chanyeol in the forehead then on the lips. Kris runs to Luhan, and they both leave.

Chanyeol hugs himself as he smiles. He was glad that Kris want it the baby, and he want it to be family. "we would wait" "we?" Chanyeol stops hugging himself, and looks at his scared grandma.

"Chanyeol....are you, are you pregnant?"