XVII

Im in Love with a Criminal

"brother! brother!" Yifan runs around the academy looking for Luhan. Part of him feels sick knowing the reason why he was happy, the other part didnt have alot of feelings. Luhan puts the knife down, as he turns around and sees his brother running around with a smile. "whats the matter?" "yesterday Heechul took us to our first hunting!"

"and? how was it?"

"i kill someone! he was twice my size" Yifan is nine years old now, and his the tallest of his class. After the beating, and hard classes he finally realize that being scared wouldnt get him anywhere. And all he wants to be now, is like his brother Luhan. "wow Yifan is a man now!" Luhan ruffles Yifan's hair, of course over doing it.

"stop brother!" Yifan takes Luhan's hand away, both of them laugh under a summer sky. "hey Luhan!" one of the guys from Luhan's class breaks the brotherly moment. "yes" "its time, lets go!" Luhan nods, as he makes a sign for the guy to give him a moment. "i have to go, its time for your hero to protect the city" Yifan nods, "dont get kill"

Luhan squads down, "hey, no one can kill me. If one day someone will, it would be you" he winks, leaving Yifan confused. 

 

"okay put the dry ice inside the tube" the teacher walks around to see if people are following the instructions. Chanyeol is glad that they could work with partners, plus you get to choose them. It didnt take second for Chanyeol to turn to Kyungsoo, and point at each other. "so what's going on with you and Kris?" Chanyeol puts his goggles, and gives Kyungsoo the other pair.

"nothing is going on, thanks for him i feel safe. thats all" "didnt you like the criminal? or you like Sehun?" Chanyeol puts his head down, Kyungsoo pushes Chanyeol alittle so he could turn to look at him. "wow you do like Sehun" "no, i dont...." Kyungsoo raises his eyebrow, giving Chanyeol a -is-obvious-you-do look "i dont know. its like i made up this character in how i see Sehun, and now its not real. I feel like they killed my favorite anime character"

Kyungsoo laughs, at Chanyeol sad words. Although it wasnt good that he was this happy, he couldnt help it. It feels like how they used to be, and he was missing this. And if he can be honest with himself, he was scared of never feeling like this. "oh okay class, now that everyone is in that step, lets go to the next one. Grab the tube with water, and pour it with the dry ice"

Slowly the class starts to fill with wow's, as the two elements mix together to form fog. Chanyeol starts to clap like a seal, "so what about you? does Kyungsoo finally like someone?" Chanyeol doesnt know why he asks, Kyungsoo doesnt like 'liking' someone. Now Chanyeol knows why, because of his dark past. Maybe a part of Chanyeol want it to ask, since now he knows the truth making it abit easier on Kyungsoo.

"dont freak out" Chanyeol freaks out, "i havent said anything and your already freaking out" Chanyeol starts to chuckle, "im not freaking out! im cool, you know me, im cool" Chanyeol continues to points at himself, he was freaking out as he acts like he wasnt. "haha okay Chanyeol calm down. its just Jongin and i are fooling around" "fooling around?" Kyungsoo begins to work on the work sheet that has to be done before class ends.

"yeah, we both got needs so we use each other"

"are you sure its okay? someone always gets hurts" Kyungsoo chuckles, making Chanyeol feel naive. "we both kill for a living, how are we gonna hurt each other?" Chanyeol shrugs, he would like to believe Kyungsoo is still human. In that moment the door flies open, making half of the students jump from the loud noise. "who are you?" "Sehun" Sehun walks towards Chanyeol and Kyungsoo with a smile.

"your not one of my students!" Sehun waves to his friends, and Chanyeol nor Kyungsoo dont know if they should wave back. "hey, hey" the teacher stops Sehun in the middle of the classroom, Sehun turns around and smiles. "your not one of my students why are you doing here?" "oh my class was boring, so i left." Sehun smiles cutely, winning over the teacher.

She lets go of him, and lets Sehun go to his friends. "thats the person you like" Kyungsoo reminds Chanyeol, Chanyeol laughs "your right i dont like him" "hi, guys" Chanyeol tries to stop laughing, so Sehun wouldnt ask the reason. "hi Sehun" "oh what are you doing?" Sehun takes the work sheet, and starts to read the questions. He takes Chanyeol's pencil, and starts to write the answers.

"what are you doing?"

"we learned this along time ago, this is easy. You should see what Mr. Yang would give us, now that was hard" maybe having friends who kill for a living is a good thing, Chanyeol thinks. "by the way guys, have you seen Baekhyun?" "Baekhyun? no, why?" Chanyeol takes the work sheet away from Sehun's hand, wanting to do the last question to show the teacher he was doing something.

"he intrigues me"

"he intrigues you? how?" Kyungsoo asks, he doesnt know Baekhyun that well but it seems easy to figure out. His a fanboy. Kris fanboy. "i dont know, i'll tell you more when i figure it out" Chanyeol and Kyungsoo stare at each other, Sehun sound it so mysterious.

 

"what is this?" Chanyeol looks around the small apartment, its was his first time here. "this is our place, whenever we need to see each other we can come here without anyone interrupting us" Kris takes the extra key out of his pocket, and gives it to Chanyeol. "here" Chanyeol puts his bagpack on the floor, and looks at the key.

"take it, its okay. no one knows about this place, only me and you" Chanyeol nods, and ends up grabing the key. He puts it on his pocket making a mental note to buy a key chain. Kris goes to the small room, and opens a middle size closet. He grabs one of the jackets he had put there, along with other clothes he has in there. He comes back to the livingroom, "the heater is not on yet, use this"

Chanyeol grabs the navy blue jacket, "thanks" he covers his arms as he takes a sit on the couch. Kris opens Chanyeol's legs, as he takes a sit on the floor between them. Chanyeol feels at home. "Kris, what do you remember of your mom?" Kris stops breathing for a moment, he hasnt thought of her for years. "im only asking because i know she would been proud of you"

Kris snorts, "even if i became a killer?" Chanyeol puts his arms around Kris, as he leans over "your not a killer" the small gesture, made Kris feel something he never thought he would feel. It was like seen the blue sky for the first time, it was the feeling of being in love. Pure love. "i remember little things, like her calling my name,"

"i remember running to her with my chubby legs, i remember laughter around us. But i cant remember her face, i can see her with a white dress and long hair. Everything its just glances of my past" "you dont have a picture of her?" Kris shakes his head, "no, the day when we left home Luhan didnt want me to take a picture of her"

"Luhan?" Chanyeol takes his arms away at the foreign name, "Chanyeol, Tao is not my brother...my brother's name is Luhan" "where is he?" it was easy for Kris to open his mouth, and tell Chanyeol everything. It was like every question he asked, Kris had word vomit. "i dont know, the last time i saw him i promised him that i would kill him"

Chanyeol starts to massage Kris shoulders, and it was relaxing him. It didnt really matter if Chanyeol was massage him, it didnt have to be a massage just with a single touch, can relax him. Silence was telling both of them, there was no more of this conversation. At least Chanyeol hopes not today, but soon. "come i'll take you home"

 

Kris parks infront of the house, as he says his goodbyes to Chanyeol. When he opens the door, he waves one more time before Chanyeol closes the door again. He doesnt leave to make sure Chanyeol gets inside safe. But maybe he shouldnt worry about Chanyeol, but worry for himself. Hee nam opens the door, and stares at the strange jacket.

It was obvious it wasnt Chanyeol's, "you were with him again" "of course, his my friend" that didnt go well with grandma, "what have you been doing with him? is he pushing you to have ?" Chanyeol's chuckles, but tries not to do it alot since it could make his grandma more angry. "no, grandma" but Hee nam didnt believe it. "your not allow to see him again"

"no, no your not allow to say that to me!!" Hee nam raises her hand to slap Chanyeol, when Kris stops her. "Chanyeol are you okay?" Chanyeol gasps alittle, before nodding. "how dare you stop me!" Hee nam pulls her arm away from Kris tight grip. "Chanyeol do you want to stay with me tonight?" Chanyeol didnt want any more problems, so he shakes his head.

"no its okay Kris, go i'll be fine" Kris turns his eyes to Chanyeol, waiting for him to change his mind. "really Kris, im fine" Kris sighs, and nods. "if you need something dont forget to call me, and i mean anything" Kris stares at Hee nam, so she could see that Kris wasnt kidding. "yes, i know" Kris waves goodbye to Chanyeol before leaving.

 

When Kris arrives home he sees everyone getting ready for a night in the city. "the criminal has a job?" Suho raises his face from the computer, no one had notice Kris. "oh yes, its big so Tao and Jongin are going to help you" Kris nods, and walks to his room to change. He takes his new black suit, and mask since the other one still has blood.

Before he could even put his white shirt he injects himself, feeling the pain in his shoulder coming up. When he feels the morphine inside his body, he feels strong and unbreakable. He finish dressing himself, then goes back to the livingroom to hear the plan. "so who are we going to kill?" "theres going to be party and Mr. Choi wants everyone kill"

Suho puts the pictures of everyone attending, on the livingroom table. Five of them are well known politician. "okay, lets do it" Tao stands up fixing his mask, so they'll think theres more than one criminal. Jongin grabs the knifes, and waits for Kris command. 

 

"how did you feel when you first killed someone?" Chanyeol sits in the same couch as yesterday, his legs are open as Kris again sits between them. "my heart was beating so fast, i could barely breathe. I remember my hands shaking, my stomach was doing weird noises. i thought i was going to die of a heart attack." Chanyeol pulls Kris hair back, and it feels nice not having his bangs covering his eyes.

"but after i saw the man on the floor, and everyone telling me how i killed someone who was harming people, i felt like a hero and i wasnt scared anymore" "what about your brother? what did you brother said?" Kris stops Chanyeol's hand from playing with his hair, it wasnt because he didnt like it. But because maybe he need it abit of strength.

"he was proud of me, he said 'Yifan your a man now, after this you cant cry anymore'." Kris chuckles thinking how stupid was, what Luhan told him. He didnt know why, when he was little those words were like something that came out of a bible to him. "Kris,"

Kris turns around, "yeah" "can you stop killing people?"