VII

Im in Love with a Criminal

"what your going to kill me Luhan?" Luhan shakes his head, and gives Kris the gun. "no," Kris looks at the gun, then back at Luhan. He didnt know what game is Luhan is trying to play. "take it Kris, kill the person who is guilty" he added. Kris takes the gun, just to stand up and points at Luhan. "your the person thats guilty Luhan, and its your time to pay"

"okay, but before you use that bullet. hear me out" Sungmin starts to move around, looking at Kris with pleading eyes to let him go. "remember that day, when i left you next to the trashcan in the dark alley?" Kris looks at Sungmin, the blood that drips from his head is by his neck now. It was weird to see his teacher like this, now than ever he realize everything was a lie.

"yes, i remember"

"when i was asking for money, or food in the street Sungmin stopped me. He said if we went to the acadamy, we would be happy there. I want it you Kris to be happy. Sungmin lied, is is fault just like all the people i killed" Kris moves the gun from Luhan, to Sungmin. Sungmin closes his eyes not wanting to see the bullet hit his head. "you remember, right Kris? the other things he promised us" Kris moves, and stands behind Sungmin so he could kill him execution style.

"he promised us, happiness, he said they would love us there" a tear from his left eye escapes, and rolls down his cheek. Kris presses the trigger ones, "just how they promised to the rest of the kids" and presses ones more. Sungmin lays down in a pile of blood, "brother join me! we can kill all the people who lied to us, to all the people who hurt us" Kris sees the body laying down there, the blood doesnt stop and it wouldnt. Kris knew Sungmin pretty well, he was a hard teacher but it was one of the best.

He remembers when the fire started Sungmin was opening doors, to see who was still asleep or hurt. Luhan was bad for Kris, everytime he gets close he ends up doing something he regrets. The one who lied, and hurt him was also in the same room with him. So Kris raises the gun and points at Luhan, "i'll give you a chance to live, run Luhan, run and dont ever call me. Because im gonna spend every waking moment of my life trying to look for you, and when i do. I will kill you."

Luhan nods, he opens his mouth but ends up closing it. He now knows that brother-bond is all gone, he could never ever see his brother again. As long as he want it to stay alive. Luhan gets out of the warehouse using the back door, Kris lets a few more tears before he drops the gun to the floor. Just for seconds later Suho, Jongin, and Tao to appear.

"what happen? wheres Luhan?" Suho asks, looking at the body and Kris. "is that Sungmin?" Tao squads down, and moves Sungmin's face to see if he was right. "Jongin look around to see if Luhan is still here" Kris raises his hand stopping everyone from talking or moving, "his gone, and we should leave too" Kris leaves the warehouse first, leaving the rest of them with doubts in their heads.

 

All the students are freely walking in the hallways, they cant stop talking about the traditional camping that they do before their semester exams. Its something the school does, to make their students relax. They all stay in one cabin, thats pretty big for 20-30 people. All the students play, drink beers, tell stories anything to make them relax.

The weather is pretty calm, but fresh with always having a clean sky. It was something that makes you forget in what season you are, because it changes to fast or sometimes to slow. Kris walks around with his headphones as he pretends to be listening to music. As he walks, he sees infront of him Sehun and Chanyeol talking. They seem to be talking about a funny story that happened to Sehun. Which it was totally fake. Kris rolls his eyes, he want it to stop them from talking. The laugh coming from Chanyeol was annoying, and frustrating. Because Sehun is the one that is making him laugh.

Without thinking too much, Kris decides to just walk in the middle of them. Sehun and Chanyeol stop talking and just stare at Kris, Kris stops and acts like he was walking in the wrong way. He walks in the middle of them again, making Sehun chuckle. But since Kris doesnt stop and just continues to walk, Chanyeol doesnt say anything. But it wasnt over for Kris, he decides just to hide behind a wall.

"thats very mature Kris" Kyungsoo says as he stands behind Kris, Kris looks at him then back at Sehun and Chanyeol. "what? im making sure Sehun doesnt reveal the criminal's real identity" Kyungsoo nods slowly, "right" he says sarcastically. "so, i guess this time the criminal actually kill someone" "what?" Kyungsoo gives the newspaper to Kris. The picture shows the old warehouse with police tape. "how do you know it was me?" "the angle in how you kill him, you were behind him and the force that the gun enter Sungmin's brain can only come from someone who is 6'2/6'3 and the last time i check Luhan wasnt that tall"

Kris smirks, "impressive" Kyungsoo bows his head alittle as he smiles, "thank you" "they werent joking when they said your rank 5" Kyungsoo chuckles, "well you also have impressive gun skills, im surprise your not the same rank as me" Kris was about to talk, when the bell rings. Everyone start to move to the exit, Kris starts to walk not wanting to say something that other people could hear.

Kyungsoo likes Kris personality, his serious and professional. There wasnt alot of people like that, and its not like Kyungsoo didnt like Chanyeol's personality. He loves it, it was a reminder that Kyungsoo was still human. "so are you going to the cabin?" "no, the criminal has to look over the city" Kyungsoo, and Kris stop in their usually spot where they wait for everyone.

"i forgot, so that means Jongin, and Tao aren't going either?" "i dont know, probably not. Jongin cant leave his gadgets and Tao practices martial arts all the time, i doubt they'll go" Kyungsoo sighs, he was looking forward seen Kris drunk. "well im going cause Chanyeol always goes, and i dont trust those people" "why?" "people go there to get drunk, im not going to leave Chanyeol in a room full of drunk people. his going to get " Kris looks at Kyungsoo with a very highly questionable look, he doesnt know if Kyungsoo is telling him this so he'll come with them too. Or because is true.

"well, i guess Mrs. Park is happy your going"

Kyungsoo raises his bushy eyebrow, "Mrs. Park?" "yeah" Kris feels like he said something wrong, just at the mention of that simple name. "Kris, im guessing Chanyeol didnt tell you." "what is it?" the whole stopping in the middle of the sentence, is driving Kris crazy. "Chanyeol's parents are dead. Car accident one year ago. I keep telling Chanyeol to stop talking about his parents like if their alive. People are goin-" Kris stops Kyungsoo from talking.

"wait, what? who does Chanyeol live with?"

"with his grandparents" Kris stops talking when he sees Chanyeol trying to be sneaky behind Kyungsoo. He pretends he doesnt seem him, so Chanyeol can scared Kyungsoo good. But the joke ends up with Chanyeol giving Kyungsoo a backhug. "you mean like this?" Chanyeol says, which it seems to be an answer to an old conversation he had with Kyungsoo. "yeah, like that Chanyeol" Chanyeol puts his chin in Kyungsoo's short shoulder. With Kris simple expression, tells Kyungsoo 'what the hell are you guys talking about?'

Kyungsoo chuckles, "Chanyeol tried to scared me last time, he end up going to the nurse office" Chanyeol pouts, "yeah, i didnt even know he used to go to martial arts class, if i had known that i wouldnt have done it" "uh martial arts?" it was Kris time to raise his bushy eyebrow, "yeah" "well lets go Kyungsoo, we need to pack" Chanyeol takes his arms away from Kyungsoo, and just stands next to him like a normal person. "see you later than" Kyungsoo waves good bye to Kris, "yeah Kris see you later!" Chanyeol smiles, as he leaves with Kyungsoo.

 

Kris puts on his mask, and drives around the city. There was nothing to do, the list that Luhan had given Kris it was just for Kris to do Luhan's dirty work. They drop the list, and wait for Luhan's first move. It was friday night, and everyone was doing something. Jongin was stuck in his room doing some hacking to the military base. Tao is stuck in the practice room, doing martial arts. Suho is trying to look for all the old teachers, to warn them about Luhan.

Of all the days today the city seems like its moving fast. Kris grabs his phone and tries to call Sehun, might as well since his really bored. Sehun answers the phone in the second ring, "hello" he says in a singing tone, "where are you?" Kris can hear people in the background, some of them sound kinda drunk. "oh im in the cabin" "you? aren't you pretending to be the criminal?" Sehun chuckles, "yeah, and Chanyeol thinks iam. So might as well be here 'pretending' to protecting him" Even when Kris couldnt see Sehun's face, it didnt mean he couldnt picture that smirk he hates so much.

"hey Kris, i have to go we gonna start round 4"

"round 4 of what?!!" Sehun doesnt answer so Kris yell through the phone again, until he hears the beep sound. Sehun hang up. Kris throws his phone to the empty passanger seat. He was not going to drive to the cabin at this time of night. It was 11:00pm, he could be asleeping right now. And he was definitely not going to press on the GPS for directions to the cabin.

He'll probably get there to late anyway, plus Kyungsoo was with Chanyeol. And Kris trusts Kyungsoo. So there was no need to worry, and its to late. Kris walked away from Chanyeol's life along time ago, it was to late to care now. "i cant feel sorry for Chanyeol" Kris tells himself that, he need it stop imagining Chanyeol crying, and drinking because his parents are not alive anymore.

Kris need it to stop feeling sorry for Chanyeol, because Chanyeol was doing okay. Then why does Kris finds himself doing a U turn, following directions to the cabin? why does Kris presses the pedal more so the car can drive faster? Why is Kris being Yifan instead of the criminal right now? Kris curses himself under his breath, he knew this was going to happen ones he enter the school full of normal people. He should've kill Luhan when he had the chance.

Could he believe in coincidence? after seven years, he sees Chanyeol. Of all the schools of the city, he enter to the same one. Apart from saving his life, and he even met Kyungsoo who was in the same acadamy. Sehun even enter the same school, but it all comes back to Chanyeol. He knows the universe is rarely so lazy for coincidence. So what should he call all of this?

When Kris arrives it was already 12:30am. All the lights from the cabin are off, and he doesnt hear any voices. He uses a safety pin to unlock the door, he didnt know this amount of students were going to show up. He sees Kyungsoo in his sleeping bag. There was five people all around Kyungsoo, some of then have his hands in Kyungsoo's face. Sehun has his leg around Kyungsoo. Kris tries to walk around the sleeping students. He finally sees Chanyeol in his sleeping bag. Kris turns to look at Kyungsoo with angry eyes.

How could he let Chanyeol sleep in the other side of the room, with other students touching him? Now he knows if they go again to the cabin, his coming with them. Kris starts to move the sleeping bags away from Chanyeol. The students are so drunk that they dont feel it when Kris moves them. In the other side of the cabin it looks like a pile of sleeping people. While in the side of Chanyeol its only him all of this free room.

Kris puts the blanket up to Chanyeol's neck, so he wouldnt be cold during the night. He looks around and finds himself okay with all of this. Now he knows Chanyeol wouldnt be in any danger around all of those drunk s. But then i new thought comes to mind, "oh my god, drunk people like to wake up in the middle of the night to go to the restroom." Kris says whispering to himself.

He decides he should just stay here and leave in the morning. He sits down next to Chanyeol's sleeping bag, and stays there like a guard dog.