XII

Im in Love with a Criminal

Baekhyun takes a sip of his drink, "oh yes, their actually childhood friends. But they dont know im here yet, im going to surprise them" Chanyeol closes his book, and decides to make a new friend. "do i know them?" Baekhyun tries to make everything around him mute, to focus only in one voice. He can hear Kyungsoo's foot steps, bringing a smile to his face. Because he hasnt change one bit. "you might, i have to go, have a nice day Chanyeol"

Chanyeol sees the small figure walking away, his hand in his pocket as he holds his drink. He swears he seen that same pose, but he doesnt think to much of it. "oh wait!" Chanyeol yells, he forgot to ask in what grade the boy is incase they have a class together. But the boy was way to far to hear Chanyeol's voice. "hi Chanyeol" Kyungsoo stands infront of Chanyeol with a drink in his hand.

"oh you finally remember to bring something to drink." he says taking the seat next to Chanyeol, "i see your in a bad mood" he also comments. "how do you always know?" "you always read that book when your in a bad mood. something about picturing the person you hate as a zombie and you kill them" Chanyeol laughs as he claps alittle. "thats right, you remember"

"im your best friend of course i rememeber" Kyungsoo opens his drink, and just enjoys the view. The school was this big place with amazing architecture, but it didnt compare to the acadamy. But it sure beats not seen blood all the time in the grass, or in his clothes. "hey Chanyeol, remember how we promise to always tell each other everything?"

"yeah, why?"

Kyungsoo bites his lip for a moment, until his mouth opens and starts to form words he promise never to speak aloud. "my name is not Kyungsoo" Chanyeol chuckles bitterly, "what do you mean?" "sometimes my name is D.O or N39558901 or anything they wanted me to be" "what do you mean they?" Kyungsoo sighs, this is harder than he thought. "see i didnt have any family, i was walking in the streets for days, with no food,"

"until i found an acadamy....they took care of me there, i finally knew how it feels to have a family" Chanyeol raises his hand to stop the conversation, "wait, wait Kyungsoo i dont understand. We know each other for 5 years now, i...i" "you never met my family, you dont even know where i live, remember when you attack me from behind, and i almost send you to the nurse office"

Chanyeol shakes his head, he couldnt believe that the only person he takes pride of knowing was telling him all of this. "but thats because you know martial arts, and the thing about not knowing where you live, i just thought your parents didnt like you bringing people home" Kyungsoo laughs, he wishes it was something simple like that. "i live alone, its a small apartment and now that you know, maybe you can come over sometime"

"but why are you telling me all of this?" Chanyeol hits Kyungsoo with the book, playfully. "actually its not the whole story," he pauses "i used to kill people." Chanyeol freaks out, Kyungsoo raises his hands trying to calm him down. "they were all bad people, but after awhile you question yourself if your still good. We were all put in ranks, i was in 7 as you know Sehun he was rank 3 Kris was going to be rank 4"

"wait, whats with the whole ranks?" Kyungsoo looks down, he knows if he had said this to someone who was also in the acadamy they would be all bowing to him. But since Chanyeol is normal, his going to find this scary. "you go up depending how many people you have killed, apart of having a good skills" "how many people did you killed?"

"more than 200, it was kids, sometimes families" Chanyeol stands up, not wanting to hear this. Kyungsoo stop him before he makes the first step, "hear me out Chanyeol" Chanyeol pushes Kyungsoo away, "hear you out?" he sounds spectacle "hear how you used to kill people? is that what you want me to hear Kyungsoo?" Kyungsoo stands there silent, hearing the words coming out from Chanyeol he understand how stupid and crazy everything sounds. Seen how Kyungsoo didnt say anything Chanyeol walks away.

For the first time Kyungsoo shows how his scared of losing a friend. "why did you tell him?" Jongin stands behind Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo begins to breath again. "i want him to know how dangerous is for him to be with us" "did you think you made the right choose?" Kyungsoo turns around, bitting his lip. His knuckles turn white. "i dont know."

 

When Jongin and Tao arrive home, they show how tired was the day. They find Kris laying down in the couch, with the same clothes they saw him in this morning. "how was school?" he asks, in code. Meaning 'how is Chanyeol?' but Jongin and Tao ignore his words. Suho enters the livingroom with papers in his hand. "wow you guys look tired" "Suho, if Kris is not going to school can we stop too?" Tao ask, putting his legs in the livingroom table.

"yeah, Suho can we not go anymore?" Suho looks at all three of them, "no one is quitting school, Kris tomorrow your going back at thats it. Now i have to go" Suho starts to look for his car keys, "where are you going?" Tao moves his legs so Suho can pass, "Kangin wants to have dinner together as a thank you" "why should you have a thank you dinner, when i was the one who killed Jonghyun?" Kris stands up crossing his arms.

"because" Suho grabs his keys, and leaves before he gives an excuse. Because well he doesnt have one. Its a free dinner, with a teacher he admires, his not going to waste this chance. When Suho closes the door, Jongin takes an arrow from his bagpack. "someone try to attack Kyungsoo today" Kris recognize the arrow, "what? in school?" Jongin nods, "do you guys know who it is?" Tao grunts, "no"

"well then i guess the criminal has some investigating to do"

 

"have you guys seen anything?" Kris says under his ear piece, Tao just grunts. "keep me posted" If the person was after the criminal it means his probably seen every move Kris makes. Which only leaves Kris to wait for the hit. "im going in circles, when can i stop?" Jongin says as he passes by the same street for the third time. "i have a good feeling, so keep going"

Kris walks around in the rooftop of a very important building. He looks down and sees people as small as an ant. He wonders if this is how people see him, when his not the criminal. Kris feels the air slowing down, which makes him stop. Something wasnt right. He tries to focus on one voice, and one breath. When he was about to turn around, he feels the cold sharp knife in his kneck.

"i was waiting for you"

"the great criminal was waiting for me? i feel honor" Kris couldnt recognize the voice, so he knows he has never seen this person. "what do you want?" "how about a fight?" the person throws the knife to the ground, Kris turns around throwing a punch but the person blocks it. The person twist his hips to send a high kick, that hits Kris in the side of his stomach.

The person's form was the same as Tao's. It was obvious this person is from the acadamy. Kris throws three fast punches to the person's direction, the person tries to block them all. When Kris sees this is working, he continues to throw three more in a fast speed. The person couldnt keep up, the punches makes him move. Making him take steps back, until he trips into something falling to the floor.

Tao, and Jongin can hear the uneven breathes and the grunting. "Kris we are coming your way!" they say, but the fight was over. Kris stands over the person who was in the floor. "who are you?" "im the same as you, a kid who had to get a name because i couldnt remember mine" Kris helps the boy stand up, seen his tired to try something. "who send you?" "send me?" the boy points at himself, "no one, i saw Kangin and he told me where you were. i been reading alot about you. i want it to see how good you are"

"whats your name?"

The boy fixes himself, he stands straight like they teached me how. "my name is N34566712, but now im Byun Baekhyun" "so the whole arrow to Kyungsoo?" Baekhyun laughs, "are you kidding me? Kyungsoo was one of the legends in the acadamy! so was your brother. I had to see if Kyungsoo was still good, but that tall boy stop my arrow" "oh you mean Tao"

Baekhyun snaps his fingers, "yeah him." Baekhyun cant stop smiling, he couldnt believe he was standing infront of Kris. He jumps around in his spot, totally loving being a fanboy. But seen Kris face, he knows he has to come down. "im sorry, its just that all i ever heard was your guys names. You are my idols, especially you Kris" Baekhyun takes a step forward, "i mean this character that you made up, its fantastic. Like wow" Jongin and Tao open the door of the rooftop and without thinking twice they point at Baekhyun.

"step away from him" Baekhyun raises his hands, "its okay, his fine" Kris makes them put down their guns, giving a perfect time for Baekhyun to jump out of the building. Kris takes a step forward surprise of what Baekhyun did. The building was also next to a big lake, so he knows Baekhyun survive. "who was that?" Jongin asks as he looks down, trying to see Baekhyun.

"my fanboy"