XXX

Im in Love with a Criminal

A big ship stops in the port, and everyone waits for the soldiers to come out. Chanyeol feels suffocate it with the people around him. He was waiting for someone that might look like Kris, or someone that might know how he was doing. The ship lowers the door, nurses and doctors come out with the soldiers. Everyone runs when they see their love ones.

Chanyeol just stay in the same spot. When the few soldiers who come out with the nurses and doctors leave the port, the other soldiers who can walk by themselves come out. And just like a wave they run to them. Chanyeol tries to move away, but he was caught in the crowd. But even if he gets to the end, theres no one waiting for him.

 

"Fang look who arrive!" little two years old Fang runs to the open door, Kyungsoo comes with ballons and a cake. "so!" she raises her hands wanting Kyungsoo to pick her up, "its soo, uncle soo" Kyungsoo kneels down so he can be face to face, to the little girl. "Kyungsoo, shes two its okay" Chanyeol grabs the cake, and goes to the kitchen.

"so!" but little Fang, didnt care how many times Kyungsoo correct it her. For her he was 'so'. Kyungsoo picks her, and follows the odor of delicious chocolate cake and other delicious food that Chanyeol had cooked. "so how's the academy doing?" "well, good. We still have to build it from scratch but Suho is good at that" The academy that used to teach little kids to become 'killers', is opening again for kids who dont have a home.

It was all Kyungsoo's idea. Wanting to do something good with the all the money he got from killing people. Suho join in, it didnt take long for Jongin, Tao, Sehun, Baekhyun to join too. "we all have amazing skills, might as well use it for something good" Kyungsoo puts little Fang on the floor, as he helps Chanyeol put all the food on the table.

"Da!" Fang runs towards Sehun, who had a big present in his hands. "da?" Kyungsoo looks at Chanyeol confused, cause that almost sounds like 'dad'. "she's trying to say dad, she saw a picture of Kris, and since Sehun has blonde hair too she thinks Sehun is her dad" Sehun puts the present on the floor, and picks little Fang. "and i dont mind" Fang puts her small hands on Sehun's cheeks, "da, my present"

Sehun sits down on the floor, putting Fang in his lap "is this big present" Fang starts to cut the wrapping paper, "Fang, no not yet" Chanyeol grabs the present, and moves it to the table where the rest of the presents are.

 

Time moves, and a year past. "so still no letters from Yunho?" Kyungsoo asks, even though if it had happen Chanyeol would have call him. "no, i cant believe the news say more than Yunho" Fang, thats three now pulls on her father's hand, "can i go play with da?" "okay" he lets go of her, and little Fang runs to the part of the academy thats built.

It was still awhile for everything to be good like it used to. "i see you still let Fang call Sehun like that" "she likes it, she knows who his real father is but he just likes calling Sehun like that. Just like she likes to call you So" Kyungsoo and Chanyeol look where Sehun was teaching his class. Fang stands next to the teacher, and does whatever Sehun is doing.

"is everything almost done?"

"theres some few things i still need to move, but yes" when Chanyeol's old house was put on sell, he knew it was his time to buy it. That house was where his parents were suppose to live forever. His grandparents had sold it, and that really hurt Chanyeol. It made this little grudge in his heart, and now he has a second chance.

"so how are you and Jongin doing?"

"we are friends, we realize we want it two different things. I want it nothing, he want it romance" Chanyeol chuckles, "so everything is okay? i dont have to becareful with closing doors?" Kyungsoo hits Chanyeol in the arm, and hard. "auch" Chanyeol moves away from Kyungsoo before he hits him more. For alittle awhile Chanyeol forgot about the news, and Yunho.

'Soldiers are coming home, after three years of war. They had sign a treaty'

 

Time moves onces more year, and now little Fang is four. She was growing, and it hurt Chanyeol to know that Kris wasnt seen her. He should've known that when the news meant 'soldiers are coming home' it didnt meant all of them at ones. Slowly they were moving the soldiers, and only time would tell when it would be Kris turn to come back.

There was days in where everything feels so lonely to Chanyeol, that he couldnt leave the house. Everyone had things to do, making Chanyeol feel alone. And he knows he shouldnt feel like this, because he has a wonderful daughter. But he also need it the love of his life. Four years had passed and there was no sign of Kris anywhere.

No matter how many letters he would send, there was no reply. All he could do was wait for the door to open, to welcome Kris. It was one of those nights where laying down, its not enough to stop thinking that you have to do something. And thats what Chanyeol did, he did something. From 6am, to 6pm he open the gates as he sits down in the stairs of the door to wait for Kris.

He wouldnt move, afraid he might miss something. His daughter would be to afraid to stay inside the house, knowing his father was outside. So she'll end up sleeping in his arms, while Chanyeol would wait for his beloved.

 

This time, time moves twice. Fang is six, and she's old enough to understand somethings. One, his father was send to the military because of his grandma. Two, his father had a dark past. Something she had hear when she eavesdrop when his dad was having a conversation with his uncle So. That didnt made Fang hate her father, but it made her be more curious about him.

To curious that she'll waste most of her time with Sehun, who had a big mouth and would spilled things out. It happened to much that Kyungsoo made sure to be there when Fang would be hanging out with Sehun. But one thing was for sure, she had Kris blood on her. She became a regular in the academy that she start it to learn how to fight.

Thanks to Tao who had a soft spot for her. She also learn the arrow, and now shes also really good in computers. If Suho havent stop with the whole 'criminal' thing, he would've ask Chanyeol to let Fang be the next best thing.

Fang opens the door, and just sees his father like a corpse sitting on the same stairs looking at the same spot. She closes the door, and goes to the phone. She knows she was only suppose to use it on emergencies. "uncle So?" "yes, whats wrong Fang" Fang looks at the door incase his father would come in, "its dad, he looks sick"

"i'll be right there" Fang hangs up, and decides to go outside to look after his father as she waits for Kyungsoo to come. She sits on her fathers legs, and even when she wants to start a conversation she knows his father wouldnt respond. To be honest, she used to wake up everyday running downstairs to see if her father had come home.

Forget santa, Kris was his santa. But after awhile, she stop running downstairs. She face the fact that his father might never come, she start it to wish for Chanyeol to realize that too.

It takes five minutes for Kyungsoo and Baekhyun to arrive, "hey Fang lets go play on your room" Baekhyun grabs her small hand, and go inside with Fang. Kyungsoo sighs, and Chanyeol knows his in trouble. He looks down and just waits for him to talk, "how long has it been?" "i dont know" Kyungsoo looks at the open gate, "Chanyeol, its time to let it go"

"i cant. His coming back, he promise me" Chanyeol says calmly, "i know how much you love him, but your hurting your daughter. She was really scared that you were sick. She's six Chanyeol, your the one that suppose to worry about her, not her taking care of you" Chanyeol wipes his small tears that roll down on his cheeks.

He knows, he knows he doesnt pay attention to his daughter. But the more he looks at her, the more she looks at Kris. And that hurts him, alot. "one more year, just give me one more year" Kyungsoo sighs, but nods slowly. He knows its not easy to let someone you love go. "okay, but i'll stay here so i can help you with Fang"

"is Suho okay with that?"

"the whole academy is completed, is to big to notice im gone" both best friends laugh, for Kyungsoo it was weird to hear Chanyeol's laughter. It was a empty hollow noise that rings in Kyungsoo's ears. But he loves it.

 

Time moves faster than you think, in a blink of an eye a year past. That morning Chanyeol wakes up at 6am, like always. He opens the gate and sits on the cold stairs. He crosses his fingers, and hopes today Kris would come home. Kyungsoo had giving him a year, and if Kris didnt come home today. The gates would be closed, and he would have to move on.

He need it to take care of his daughter, and it was time he would. Meanwhile Kyungsoo pours cereal in Fang's bowl, "so what are you gonna do today in school?" "they gonna take us to a museum, my teacher said we gonna see dinosaurs" Fang puts the spoon inside the bowl eating all the marshmallows. Kyungsoo hate it this cereal, it was just full of sugar.

"Uncle So, is dad going to be okay?"

"yes, you would see after today you'll have the best dad in the world" Fang almost falls out of the chair from the happiness. "oh becareful" Kyungsoo checks on her to see if she had hit her self. "lets not tell your dad about this" "okay" Kyungsoo looks at his watch and it was time to take Fang to school. "okay lets go" when Fang holds Kyungsoo's hand, he feels something.

The small hang fitting perfectly on his hand made his heart feel warm. He never thought about having kids, and now holding Fang's hand it made him think differently. They open the main door, and Fang lets go of Kyungsoo's hand and runs to Chanyeols arms. "goodbye dad" Chanyeol kisses his daughter in the forehead, and wishes her a beautiful day.

And thats pretty much his day. Not until he sees Fang coming back with alittle hat with the name of the museum she went to. "dad it was fun!" she stays there hugging him. Chanyeol smiles, because his daughter was sweet and perfect. "its time Kyungsoo" there was three hours left, but Chanyeol didnt want to wait for a ghost anymore.

His daughter need it him, and his determind to be the greatest dad in the world. Chanyeol stands up holding his daughter hand, they both look at the gate. Fang sees Kyungsoo going towards it to close it. All Fang has, is pictures of Kris. And even when she might not know him like Chanyeol did, she has all of this cool uncles.

"hey Fang, how about we eat some ice cream?" Fang jumps up and down, "yes!!" Chanyeol grabs the door knob to go inside with his daughter, when Kyungsoo yells for him. Chanyeol turns around, and a very dirty looking soldier stands infront of Kyungsoo. His blonde hair is abit longer now, and he had a cut in his cheek that was abit noticeable.

His features look abit more mature, but he still beautiful.
His Kris is still beautiful.