X

Im in Love with a Criminal

The next day when Chanyeol opens his eyes, he finds the other half of his bed empty. He wasnt surprise, but deep inside he did hope to find the criminal laying down next to him. Although he did find a white piece of paper, in the empty pillow. Knowing that, he sits down and attacks the paper. The nice forms in which the criminal wrote down everything is impressive.

'Dear, Chanyeol i hope you have a good morning. And about the person who you talk about, the one that makes you put an sour expression you should give him a chance. He might surprise you'

Chanyeol laughs at the words. The last thing he wants is to give Kris a chance, but it could be that he want it to see if Kris can actually surprise him, or that the criminal was actually telling him to give Kris a chance. Whatever excuse Chanyeol decide to use, it didnt matter. His going to give Kris a chance, after all they were close when they were little.

There was a small knock that Chanyeol is used to. His grandma opens the door, and greets him with a small 'good morning' "good morning grandma" "hurry up Chanyeol or you going to be late" Chanyeol nods in a tired way, he stands up and opens his closet to grab his uniform. "did you had fun by yourself yesterday?" Chanyeol tries so hard not to giggle, or make a gesture telling his grandma about yesterday.

Because well if his grandma knows, he could probably send Chanyeol to church to beg for his sin. "yeah, grandpa. i had fun" "okay, well hury up" she closes the door, leaving Chanyeol alone so he could finish changing. 

 

Just like every day Chanyeol passes by the gates, and sees his best friend waiting for him. "what's up with that smile Chanyeol?" "what? i cant smile?" Kyungsoo scoffs "oh you can smile, but something tells me thats more than just a simple smile" Chanyeol fights with himself to whether tell Kyungsoo, or not. Its not like he can just open his mouth,(even when he literary did that yesterday) and tell his best friend about last night.

"im just happy because today is half day"

"right" Kyungsoo isnt afraid to show his sarcasm

 

The first three periods are boring like always, but Chanyeol spends them half of the time daydreaming. He wonders if he should avoid Sehun, because he knows his goind to blush like a tomato. He also wonders if Sehun would blush alittle too, cause Chanyeol remembers all those sounds and the way he was yelling ' harder'.

Chanyeol continues to daydream until he feels someone pushing him, "Mr. Park are you going to stay here all day?" Chanyeol looks around the room and notice it was empty. The bell rang 5 minutes ago. "oh no Mrs. Kim" Chanyeol afraid that somehow Mrs. Kim is going to read his thoughts he grabs everything and runs out of the room.

 

It was lunch time, and Chanyeol is ready to try to give the second chance the criminal was talking about. He grabs his tray of food, and tries to look for Kris table. Although all of them are pretty good friends, they dont sit together. Kris, Jongin, and Tao sit together in the other side of the cafeteria. Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, and Sehun sit together in the middle of the cafeteria.

When Chanyeol finally spots Kris table, he approaches him "hey you want to eat together?" Chanyeol's voices make the three people raise their heads up, knowing that Chanyeol was talking to Kris the two people who are next to him look to wait for his answer. "sure" Chanyeol slowly nods, and walks to the destination without waiting for Kris. But seen the big doors of the gym, Kris knows where their going.

The squeaky sound coming from the basketball shoes equo around the gym, the practice seem intense like a real game. Chanyeol sits on the bleachers first as he puts his tray of food in his lap. Kris does the same. "fan of the game?" Chanyeol puts a piece of chicken in his mouth, which makes Kris stare at his luscious lips. "yeah" Chanyeol's voice makes Kris stop staring at just enjoy the moment.

"i used to play, but last year i hurt my knee and the coach didnt want to risk it so he just kick me out"

"wow, you must've hurt your knee pretty bad" Chanyeol raises his hands up in the air, not liking what one of the players did. "yeah, i couldnt walk for half of the year" "so your okay with just seen them?" Chanyeol shrugs, it wasnt as excited as to play as to watch. Sometimes he can feel his hand flinching, wanting for someone to pass him the ball. "so why are we having lunch together? are you going to tell me about the criminal?"

Chanyeol's chuckles, "no, i just want it to remember how mom used to call us to eat. I remember following you to the dinner table all the time" Kris looks at Chanyeol, with a smile that Chanyeol is to blind to see. Because what he said it was half of the truth. It wasnt Chanyeol's mom calling them to eat, it was Kris who would make him food.

And yes Chanyeol would follow him everywhere, because if Kris remembers the words perfectly, Chanyeol said. 'following Yifan is fun, following Yifan is all i want'. Kris chuckles, cause he remember how Chanyeol would say those words in a tone of a song. And now they ring in his ears.

"no, no number 12 was free!!!!" Chanyeol puts the tray of food in the bleachers, as he stands up yelling about the mistake. "you are wrong Chanyeol, it wasnt mom it was me" Kris stands up thinking he has enough with this small time together with Chanyeol. Chanyeol looks at the tall figure walking away, and it makes Chanyeol remember. 

 

Jongin, Tao, Kyungsoo, and Sehun stand under an oak tree. There was a small bench but it was already occupied by Jongin and Tao. "look Chanyeol is following Kris" Sehun points at the two tall boys who are passing infront of them. Kris is busy hearing Chanyeol saying god knows what, and Chanyeol is behind Kris. "i wonder why Chanyeol is being nice to Kris" Kyungsoo says aloud, "i dont know, if there was only a way to tell Chanyeol that Kris is the criminal" Sehun puts his imaginary thinking hat.

"does he still think your the criminal?" Kyungsoo points at Sehun, as he nods. "why does Chanyeol think your the criminal?" Jongin finally takes his eyes away from the book he is reading. "oh cause i made him think that" "that's why you shouldn't get yourself involved with humans" Tao says with his deep voice, deeper than normal. "oh what are you a robot?!" Sehun comments as he moves his arms as a robot, which makes Kyungsoo laugh.

Tao just rolls his eyes, "i guess Kris doesnt have to worry any more since Luhan disappeared" "how is your investigation going?" Jongin raises his eyes again to look at Kyungsoo. "good, with the list Kris gave me, i could make a map in where Luhan could attack. I even hack the telephone's line with this program in where i could match Luhan's voice. Its 85% accurate" "wow" Jongin says as he tries to keep his nerd down.

"wow am i in nerdlandia?" Tao raises his hand so Sehun could high-five him. And for the first time, the two younger boys agree with something. As the four smartest boys think of something to help Chanyeol, and Kris; in the other side of the school Kris sits down under a very deserted place, in where the perfect light from the sun shines, and the perfect wind blows. He closes his eyes and just enjoys this, "so why did you leave?" Chanyeol breaks the perfect silence, with his deep voice.

A voice that sounds like a rainy day, "i dont know. I thought my friends, my brother were dead. Then i see them standing infront of me, i wanted to feel at home, to see things im already used to." "you didnt give yourself a chance to get used to us" Kris opens his eyes, and looks at the bright sky. He almost forgot that there was actually a sun shinning down at them, and not a dark sky as Chanyeol is sounding. "i guess i was just thinking about myself that i forgot to ask you, or mom"

Chanyeol doesnt know why he puts his head in Kris shoulder. He doesnt know why his heart can forgive Kris now, after all of this years of cursing Kris name, he can finally let it go. Chanyeol was perfectly fine now. "you know when you talked about your brother, i actually picture him older than you" Kris starts to cough, as he shokes with Chanyeol's question. "oh, well Tao is a year older than me" he lies, as he tries to calm down.

They both enjoy the rest of the few minutes they have in silence. And this time somehow, there was playfulness in the air.

 

"thank you Chanyeol for letting me stay with you tonight" Sehun jumps to the bed, "no problem, my grandparents had to leave again" Sehun doesnt pay attention and just moves around the bed, trying to see which side he likes better. Chanyeol wonders why Sehun decide to stay without being the criminal. But he doesnt care. Chanyeol just has to proof that he doesnt care if his Sehun or the criminal.

"okay, i like this side better" Sehun takes his shoes, and stays in the left side but taking abit of the right side too. Chanyeol just chuckles, and turns the lights off. He jumps in the bed, as he stares at Sehun. He wonders if he could just cuddle with him, or just put his head in his shoulder. But Sehun seem like he could mind, so Chanyeol just closes his eyes as he tries to sleep.

The window opens at the same time, as always. Kris takes small steps with a smile, he just wants to have Chanyeol in his arms. Chanyeol moves his hand to feel Sehun's body, but he finds the bed empty. He opens his eyes, and sees the criminal staring at him. Chanyeol jumps out of the bed with a chuckle, he doesnt know what kind of trick Sehun is trying to play but he doesnt care.

"hi"

"hi"

The sound of someone flushing the toilet break Kris and Chanyeol's staring contest. Kris takes his knife out ready for anything, the door opens and Sehun comes out with the most (fake) surprise face (which Kris only notice) "oh" Sehun raises his hands up high, Chanyeol looks at Sehun then back at the criminal. Small tears fill Chanyeol's eyes, but Kris nor Sehun cant see them.

Something inside of Chanyeol figure out the truth. He doesnt know how to feel, angry or sad. But he raises his hand and moves it to take the mask, this time the criminal didnt say 'dont' he just lets Chanyeol take the mask. Seen the face, seen the real identity of the criminal breaks him inside.

"Kris...."