Prologue

Im in Love with a Criminal

The Park Family laugh and talk about the how fun the carnival was. The lonely road is fill with their laughter, as the night takes their sweet memories. Mr. Park drives as it makes his 10 year old son, Chanyeol laugh. "dont do that, look how red he is" Mrs. Park playfully hits her husband in the arm, as she pays attention to Chanyeol who cant stop laughing.

There was a moment of silent, as their laughter dies down. But still leaving the playfulness in the car. Mrs. Park looks at the window, looking how dark it looks inside the forest. Mr. Park looks at her, without her knowing. Chanyeol likes it when his parents look at each other like that. Mr. Park slowly moves his hand to reach Mrs. Park's.

But Mrs. Park can feel him, she smiles waiting for his hand to reach hers. When he does, she turns to see him to scared him, but stops when she sees a little boy walking in the road. "stop!" she yells, Mr. Park jumps scared of his wife's voice, but stops right in time. The poor boy has blood everywhere, and it seem like he was hurt.

"oh my god" she's about to open the door, when Mr. Park stops her. "what are you doing?" "we need to help him! his the same age as Chanyeol. just picture if that was your son, you would want someone to help him" Mr. Park lets her go, she opens the door and runs to the boy. "where are you hurt?" the boy only grunts, "let me see" she takes the boy's hand from his stomach and she sees blood coming out.

"you'll be fine, i promise" she carries him, and the warm arms make the boy feel safe. "Lu..." Mr. Park sees his wife coming towards them, he gets out of the car "his bleeding, we need to take him to the hospital" Mr. Park nods, he runs to the backsit, and makes his son go on the front. Chanyeol gets out of the car, and sees the boy bleeding. He was scared for him. So he begins to pray.

Mrs. Park sits on the backsit to hold the boy's wound, to stop the blood. Mr. Park turns the car around, since 3 miles back he saw a hospital sign. "it would be okay" Mrs. Park whispers to the boy, to give him strength. The boy was so out of it. Everything he sees, it moves around and is half blurry. His senses dont let him be afraid, since his losing to much blood.

"Lu...ha..n" Mrs. Park leans closer to hear him better, "what?" "Lu...." she realize that the boy was trying to tell her something, "Lu? is that your name?" "Lu.....han"  Mr. Park stops the car outside the hospital doors. He open the door of the car, and runs to open the door of the backsit. Mrs. Park gives him the boy, so he can take him inside the hospital faster.

Mrs. Park grabs her son, as she tries to hide the blood from her shirt. She didnt want her son to be afraid, since his already looking kind of pale. When she enters the hospital, she sees her husband waiting outside the emergency room. "what did they say?" Mr. Park gives her a paper, where they ask about the boy's information. "they gave me this, and took him inside"

"i guess we have to wait for now" the waiting room is empty, and the three of them take a sit. Mrs. Park has Chanyeol in her arms, as shes trying to put him to sleep. Mr. Park continues to bite his nails, as he takes some of his skin with him. It was a nasty habit, but thats all he can do for now. The doctor comes out of the emergency room

"what is it doctor?" both of them stand up. "his going to survive" Mrs. Park happily sighs, and her husband puts an arm around her. "thank you doctor" the doctor nods, there was something else he want it to say. "i see a kid getting abused, its my duty to call the police" "abused?" the doctor nods, "please dont go anywhere until the detective gets here"

The doctor was about to walk away, but Mrs. Park stops him. "no, doctor you got it wrong. We save him, he was walking in the middle of the road bleeding" "you dont know who he is?" Mr. and Mrs. Park shake their heads. In that moment the detective arrives, "hi, im detective Lee your the doctor that called me?" the doctor nods.

"and you guys are the parents of the child?" Mrs. Park shakes her head, "we found him in the middle of the road" "i'll try to check on the missing children data base, ones we get his finger prints" the doctor raises his hand to stop the detective, "im afraid thats not going to be possible" "why not?" the doctor makes an sign, to follow him to his office.

Mrs. Park gives her son to her husband, so they can stay here to wait for the boy to get out of the emergency room. Chanyeol didnt want her mother to go, but she lets go ones his father promise him some cookies. 

 

"please sit down" Mrs. Park and the detective sit down, "when we were operating him, we found a long time abused. We took Xrays before we even start it to cut, afraid that his scarring arent heal. In the Xrays," the doctor stands up to grab the Xrays to show them to the detective. "he broke his shoulder twice, the second time it didnt heal. Im guessing he'll have pain in his shoulder for the rest of his life,"

"also he fractured his rib, and has cuts under his feet. This kid went to the most painful things you could imagine. Im surprise he endure this long. and the most tragic thing, is that we might not know who this boy is." "why?"

The doctor takes another picture, "they burn his fingers, erasing his finger prints." "damn" the detective grabs the pictures, "what about him? does he remember what happened?" "theres no sign of damage in his brain, so he'll probably remembers. we need to see ones the operation is complete"

Everything becomes slow, and burry. Mrs. Park couldnt imagine this kid went to so much. She just want it to hug the poor boy, and make sure nothing happens to him. It was hard to think that the boy and Chanyeol are the same age. She want it to cry, just thinking 'what if it wasnt that boy laying down in the hospital bed, but Chanyeol'.

When she goes back to the waiting room, Mr. Park comes to her "whats wrong?" "where's Chanyeol?" Mr. Park points to the kid eating cookies as he watches an animated show. Mrs. Park chuckles, making her eyes watery. "we beg the nurse to put something on for him, what's wrong Sung ryoung?" "we need to help this kid"

Mr. Park puts his arm around her, and thats when Mrs. Park starts to tell him everything. Everything that happened to the poor kid, and between sobbing she finally finishes. And there was no doubt in Mr. Park's mind, that they couldnt leave this poor child.

 

The next day Mrs. Park comes to the hospital to visit the boy. The doctor said his doing good, but he doesnt talk. She doesnt blame him. "hi" she enters the room, the boy continues to look at his hands, "i notice you and my son are the same size, so i brought you some clothes so you wouldnt be in that gown" the boy doesnt say anything, so she puts the clothes next to him.

"whats your name? my name is Sung ryoung"

"......"

"is your name Luhan?" the boy opens his mouth reacting to that name, his eyes begin to tear up. "whats wrong? oh is okay" Mrs. Park hugs him, and the boy cries in her shoulder. "you dont need to tell me anything, when your ready i'll listen"

 

Its been a week, and the boy still doesnt talk. But he smiles now at the stories that Mrs. Park tells him. She loves showing pictures of her family to the boy, and she tells him he can come to one of their vacations. Mr. Park in the other hand is making sure that ones the boy gets out of the hospital he could live with them. There was alot of papers he has to fill out, and meetings he has to go with the judge. But he know its worth it.

Chanyeol likes the idea of having a brother, and more when their the same age. He can picture himself acting like if they are twins. In one of the visits Chanyeol decides to go with his mom, since now their going to act like brothers he wants to get to know him. Mrs. Park watches the tv inside the room, as the two boys are drawing.

Chanyeol draws his family and a sun smiling down at them. The boy doesnt draw anything, and just looks at Chanyeol with amusement. Chanyeol looks at the brown eyes that feel like their burning his soul. He sees that the boy has his paper clean, so he writes something down. "whats your name?" the boy reads it but doesnt write anything back.

"you dont know how to write?" the boy laughs inside, he knows how to speak and write in five different languages. He can also kill Chanyeol even with his mom inside the room. The boy can built and disarm any type of gun in less than 10 seconds. This boy that Chanyeol thinks doesnt know how to write, is a killer machine. Built to kill any person with the snap of his master's fingers.

And his only 10 years old.

"my name is Wu Yifan" Mrs. Park turns around when she hears Yifan's hoarse voice. "mom he talk!" Mrs. Park gets closer to Yifan, "Yifan who did this to you!?" "......the place where i used to live, burn down. i was trying to look for my brother, but someone was in the house and he stab me. so i run out of there" Mrs. Park touches Yifan's hair. As he lies through his teeth.

"is there away you can lead us back?" Yifan shakes his head, "i dont remember" he makes his face all wrinkle as he was going to start to cry. "no, shh its okay. its okay, you would never have to see those people again" And she promises him that.

 

It takes two weeks for the doctors to release Yifan from the hospital. And Mrs. Park couldnt wait to take him home, and show him everything she bought for him. 

The doors of the house open revealing the white walls, and brown couches. "you would share a room with Chanyeol" Yifan continues to look around, counting everything. 'three laps, theres 15 family pictures, four couches, two restrooms, one swing in the back of the house. Theres no dogs, but they used to have a cat'. "Chanyeol why dont you show Yifan the room?" Chanyeol grabs Yifan's hand, and takes him to the room.

'Chanyeol rooms is across the hall from Mr. Mrs. Park's room'

"here, your bed is right next to mine! you want to see our toys!?" Chanyeol opens the closet, 'two lamps, two beds, 45 toys in total, one tv, two windows, 60 pieces of clothes each'. "your so serious, come lets play" Chanyeol holds one of his toys, and stretches his hand so Yifan could grab it. He doesnt grab it, and just walks through the windows.

'quiet neighborhood' "okay lets play" Yifan says, when he turns around. 

 

Everytime the four of them go out, Yifan looks around to see if theres someone following them. He was afraid of the people who attacted the place where he used to live, would come after him. Yifan didnt know who had survive of the all the people who used to go to the acadamy. With more reason he need it to protect the Park family. 

At night Yifan would wait for them to be deep asleep, so he could leave his bed and check on Mr. and Mrs. Park. When he knows their okay, he sits down in the hall and every 5 seconds he checks on the three of them. He was scared to lose them, even when they teached him to erase every feeling. 

It was one day when Chanyeol caught him, "Yifan what are you doing here?" "shh" Yifan grabs Chanyeol's hand and takes him back to the room. "im watching over you guys" "why?" Yifan makes sure Chanyeol goes back to the bed to lay down, and puts on the blankets up to his neck. "cause i have too, dont worry you would always be safe"

 

A year later, and Yifan hasnt break that promise. His now 11, and since he doesnt remember his birthday they make a big party for both him and Chanyeol. Chanyeol doesnt mind.

And when Yifan thought he couldnt open to anyone, it only takes Chanyeol's good ears to listen to him. He doesnt go on to much detail, but he tells him in where he used to lived. How big the place was, and how many friends he used to have. Yifan tells Chanyeol about the teachers, but doesnt say what subject they teached.

Yifan tells Chanyeol that he has an older brother, who he loves. After their parents die Luhan was everything to him, and that he still misses him. Chanyeol gets jealous that Yifan has another brother who he loves. "where is your brother?" "i dont know, the fire was so big i couldnt find him anywhere. all the other children were running and screaming for help. i-"

"its okay brother, dont say no more"

That nigth Yifan and Chanyeol share a bed together, falling deep asleep with the sound of Yifan's snores.

Mrs. Park runs around the house trying to find her keys, "Chanyeol! Yifan!" both kids come down from their room, "what is it mom?" "i cant find my keys" she runs to the couches to see if it was under them. "their inside the refrigerator" "what?" Mrs. Park goes and sees thats true, "wow Yifan you have to teach me how to do that!" Chanyeol says, Yifan doesnt want Chanyeol to become a killer machine.

"okay, i'll be back i need to pick up your father, the neighbor Mrs. Do is going to come to babysit so guys behave" she blows kisses to both of her sons, "i'll be back" She opens the door and blows more kisses before she leaves. Two seconds later there was a knock on the door, Yifan goes and opens it knowing it was probably Mrs. Do or if not his mother.

When he opens the door, he wonders if this a dream. One of many that feel real. "hello Wu Yifan" the person greets him, "Suho, Jongin! i thought your guys were dead!" Suho is 18, the same age as Yifan's brother. Jongin is the same age as Yifan. "there was an underground tunel, us and other kids got out." "did Luhan?" Suho shakes his head. "im sorry"

Chanyeol who is the background hiding, can hear their conversation. "Yifan, we are here for you. Theres a problem and we need you" "a problem?" Jongin gives Yifan a folder, he looks through the pictures. There are all his teachers, "they murder them" "what? who?" Suho shrugs, "i dont know" "are you coming with us? we still need to pick Tao from the orphanage where they put him"

Yifan turns to the place where Chanyeol is hiding, he couldnt leave. This was the place where he could feel abit normal, and safe. But if he stays he could put them in danger. So he prefers to leave. He was a killer machine after all, its on his nature. "im coming with you guys, but first let me say goodbye" Yifan gives the folder back to Jongin, and walks towards Chanyeol.

"Chanyeol"

"dont go" Chanyeol wraps his arms around Yifan's waist. "i have to, theres people that need me" "who would need an 11 year old?" Chanyeol says, knowing that all the adults have told him that. Except his parents. Yifan chuckles, "my friends need me, i have to go." he starts to walk away, but Chanyeol pulls on him. "no, brother dont go"

Jongin enters the house and stops him, "just sleep" he grabs one of the muscles from Chanyeol's neck, and puts him to sleep. Jongin puts him safetly on the couch. "okay lets go" Jongin gets out, and Yifan turns around to look at Chanyeol one last time.