Hurt.

We Were In Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7: Hurt.

 

“When will Yonghwa come back?” Mrs Park asked, putting down her chopstick.

 

Shinhye who was cleaning up her daughter’s froze in her seat for a while upon hearing her mother’s question. Honestly, she didn’t have a definite answer for her mother’s question. Yonghwa did tell her about his leaving to Guangzhou for his world tour but she didn’t pay full attention to what her husband were saying last night.

 

“Shin?” Mr Park asked. “You don’t even know when your husband is coming home?”

 

“Ah, no. I mean, yes, of course I know,” she laughed softly. She knew her parents would be mad at her if she said she didn’t know. “Err… he would have the concert tomorrow, so maybe after the concert, err… the flight would be after the concert… so maybe they will be back on Monday,” she answered, stuttering.

 

“No, eomma. Appa is coming home tomorrow,” Haru who had just finished her dinner suddenly interfered with the grown up’s conversation.

 

“Jinja?” Shinhye looked at her daughter surprised. “That’s fast,” she was sighing in a soft voice.

 

Little Haru nodded her head. “Eomma, appa will come back and stay with us again right? This time, we are not going to be separated again right? I don’t want to live far away from appa and eomma anymore,” she looked at her mother.

 

“But appa need to make money, remember?” sometime Shinhye wished Haru would grow up soon so she would understand her parents’ complicated relationship.

 

“Appa said, even if he need to go away to make money, appa promised to be home as soon as possible to be with you and me,”added Haru. “Don’t you want to be with appa too, eomma? Appa is a really good person.”

 

Shinhye put down her chopstick. “Haru-yah, if you have finish, let’s go and wash up,” Shinhye changed the topic. Haru’s grandparents were amused with the 4 years-old words.

 

Aww, Jung Haru, such an intelligent angel.

 

“You are his wife and you don’t even know when he is coming back?” Mr Park said with disappointment when Haru left the dining table.

 

Shinhye cleared while taking a sip of her drink. “Maybe I forget. Mian.”

 

“Shinhye-yah… until when do you want to live like this?” Mrs Park reached for her hand. “Eomma wants to see you live in happiness.”

 

“I am happy now, eomma,” Shinhye protested. “I have Haru and she is my happiness.”

 

“Don’t you want a happy marriage?” Mrs Park asked. Once again, her mother’s words just freeze Shinhye on her seat. “Didn’t you hear Haru just now? She is only 4 but she could understand some things that are happening around her. And parents must be a good example towards their children. Before this, you gave us an excuse with living abroad, but now, you have the chance to build a happy family, so why don’t you?”

 

“Eomma…” Shinhye sighed softly.

 

“I thought we had a deal, my Shin,” Mr Park added. “You promised us, you will try to make things better once you are back. That’s your promise to us. It’s disappointing to see there is no improvement at all between you and Yonghwa.”

 

“Appa, eomma, mianhae. It still hard for me to move on, please understand me,” she defended herself.

 

“We had tried to understand you when you decided to marry this guy. So please, try to understand us this time,” Mr Park

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter